AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-05, 16:38   Link #121
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Hmm...the girls confronting him would be good.

I wonder if they're gonna do that in order to aim for a good ending, though? Or at least make one look like it'll happen. They'd need some really good writing to pull off a good ending in a believable way at this moment, though.

Besides, it's true that Makoto cheated on Sekai with Setsuna, after all, even if they didn't do it, he forced a kiss on her...
Old 2007-09-05, 16:58   Link #122
zheny

All of you whom hates Makodo and wants him to die
you can see it now on youtube
is one of the endings the game offer
personally that is the best ending!!
Spoiler for best ending:
Old 2007-09-05, 17:01   Link #123
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm not fancying this end for 3 reasons:
1) it leaves Sekai completely in wreck, and probably owned by the police
2) Makoto didn't exactly die with many suffering (kotonoha's suicide is much more a blow on him)
3) he wasn't exactly regretting anything you know.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:01   Link #124
denkikoiji
Oniai loveru!
*Graphic Designer

omg! the next ep looks like there all gonna gain up on makoto lol...so now he has done it with 3 girls each behind the others back and now it looks like 2 of them have found out its just the last one dang...i cant w8 for this series it is one of the best series i have seen so fare lol...dam makoto cheets allot ...i do not want to see Kotonoha do anything bad to herself or i am going to cry if i see that in any of the next ep's...it looks like makoto likes Katō the most now...and Saionji found out about makoto and Katō and now she is trying to find makoto...damn this is getting good and please i dont want spoilers from the game about the anime series i will really regret it if someone says something...i wanna find out on my own from watching the series...
Old 2007-09-05, 17:04   Link #125
◕‿‿◕

But Kotonoha's suicide is really bad for Kotonoha too...and even if I find her stupid, I can't wish her to have an unhappy ending.

It's 99% certain that she will now though, unless they pull off something really random.

I'm just really surprised that I find myself hoping for a bloody ending now. I never thought I'd come to feel like this.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:13   Link #126
zheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm not fancying this end for 3 reasons:
1) it leaves Sekai completely in wreck, and probably owned by the police
2) Makoto didn't exactly die with many suffering (kotonoha's suicide is much more a blow on him)
which ending do you recommend then? that is the only ending he dies,
or you let him live? you must be joking.

what made this anime real interesting is the ending. i never see any CG game or anime end this way.

my personal rating

Best ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPx55DKFAg

2nd best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtINBvu00C8

3rd best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3wHcOCOJ8
Old 2007-09-05, 17:26   Link #127
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheny View Post
which ending do you recommend then? that is the only ending he dies,
or you let him live? you must be joking.
First, death in it's literal effect is futile.
1) it will just give more shit for the perpretator (sekai in the game
2) it won't exactly repair the mess
3) it isn't exactly the best manner to deal with things
4) finally, it is too sweet for a bastard like this.

no, i'm not joking.
Quote:
what made this anime real interesting is the ending. i never see any CG game or anime end this way.
you are not exactly searching well, because there are much worse than SD.
and no, i won't suggest anything, as i was able to avoid these land mines and various guro and stuff.
Quote:
my personal rating
the bad ends mean NOTHING without the actual path and the reasons how it was like this.

EDIT : question from episode 10 thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Well, I still hate bullies...does Otome change for the better in her route at least?
Basically, Otome NEVER bullied kotonoha.
in fact, she didn't have to "change for the better" since she was ALREADY in the better.
she is indeed the bully "leader", but that's that. she doesn't harbor anything against kotonoha, and is almost never wiht the 3 others when they pick on her.
Otome is not exactly active in the background (especially with "sekai's path")
OTOH, she acts more and more closely with Makoto, as he is checking on Kotonoha.

They quickly "recover" their very close friendship, while makoto is with sekai(she is even like taking sekai's place, though she doesn't play anything seductive etc).
At this point Kotonoha goes paranoid, and get contact with Sekai about their "enemy", Katou Otome

If makoto isn't too close of sekai at this point, Makoto will go naturally with otome.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-09-05 at 17:38.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:57   Link #128
zheny

Quote:
First, death in it's literal effect is futile.
1) it will just give more shit for the perpretator (sekai in the game
2) it won't exactly repair the mess
3) it isn't exactly the best manner to deal with things
4) finally, it is too sweet for a bastard like this.

no, i'm not joking.
you are not exactly searching well, because there are much worse than SD.
and no, i won't suggest anything, as i was able to avoid these land mines and various guro and stuff.
the bad ends mean NOTHING without the actual path and the reasons how it was like this.

yes i do remember looking at some picture with worse ending,
like Kotonoha killing Makoto in the bathroom while having sex, i think, don't really remember.

mind to look up an ending thats The worst and show me?
Old 2007-09-05, 18:05   Link #129
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
yes i do remember looking at some picture with worse ending,
like Kotonoha killing Makoto in the bathroom while having sex, i think, don't really remember.

mind to look up an ending thats The worst and show me?
huh... wait... what? you didn't understand what i said huh...
first, i said there are things much worse than School Days.

I dunno what you are talking about, but it looks too dubious. i can only think it is a doujinshi or something of that sort. there isn't any "killing" scene except these 3 bad endings.

as for the "more hardcore" stuff, i said i avoided these things, and i'm not willingly trying to do that (Muv-Luv infamous guro scene was REALLY enough for me... ya really, no joke. don't even want to think back about it)
and finally, the forums aren't a place to show such salacious/trash things huh...
Old 2007-09-05, 18:13   Link #130
◕‿‿◕

Thanks for the info on Otome.

How many times have I said thanks to you?
Old 2007-09-05, 19:49   Link #131
Chewy

Quote:

Basically, Otome NEVER bullied kotonoha.
in fact, she didn't have to "change for the better" since she was ALREADY in the better.
she is indeed the bully "leader", but that's that. she doesn't harbor anything against kotonoha, and is almost never wiht the 3 others when they pick on her.
Otome is not exactly active in the background (especially with "sekai's path")
OTOH, she acts more and more closely with Makoto, as he is checking on Kotonoha.
I actually disagree with this. Otome is just as bad as the other three. Yes, the other 3 do at times go and bully Kotonoha when Otome is not around, and the things they do are at times more severe than what Otome does, but Otome is not innocent. She makes fun of Kotonoha with the other 3 girls multiple times, and she also does it when she's alone with Kotonoha. The only difference is that the players are given a more detailed look into why she bullies Kotonoha. Plus it's also fairly clear she is the leader of the group, so it stands to reason she is the one who started the whole thing in the first place .

Of course this all depends what path you take through the game, but if you take the entire game as a whole Otome can definitely be called a bully. Well, given Kotonoha's personality, I guess almost every girl in the game "bullies" her at one point or another. She is too misunderstood and too nice.

Quote:
I assume by "anime" you mean "game", since the anime has yet to have an ending...

School days (game) is nothing when it comes to violence and gore. It's absolutely nothing when it comes to sex either. Cartagra easily beats School Days when it comes to violence and gore, and 0verflow's previous games make the sex in School Days look like a fairy tale (no joke, just go watch some videos on niconico outlining Makoto's dad's conquests... they will make you sick)

But the things is... one can easily make a game with over the top violence and over the top sex. The hard part is making it believable. In my opinion, School Days (the game) was a success in this respect. The sex does a good job in bringing out more of the characters' personalities but also stays consistent with them. Unfortunately, a lot of these are cut from the anime, and people never get to see great scenes like Kotonoha fighting back against Sekai through blackmail and seduction...
Old 2007-09-05, 19:52   Link #132
◕‿‿◕

Chewy, is the reason why Otome bullies her "because she's with Makoto"?

If so, I don't see how that justifies it at all. Although you never said it was justified. And does she stop bullying her, at least in their routes, then?
Old 2007-09-05, 20:36   Link #133
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

She bullied her before she knew she was with Makoto. The knowledge of Makoto made her get 'off the fence'.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-09-05, 21:13   Link #134
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
He wasn't? What was he saying?
Old 2007-09-05, 22:14   Link #135
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Chewy, is the reason why Otome bullies her "because she's with Makoto"?

If so, I don't see how that justifies it at all. Although you never said it was justified. And does she stop bullying her, at least in their routes, then?
Yeah, that's what can be inferred. But in her route, she doesn't really bully Kotonoha. She talks rudely to her once, but other than that, she doesn't talk to Kotonoha at all.

Otome's path is interesting. At one point, it becomes something of an unholy alliance between Sekai and Kotonoha to get Makoto away from Otome (even though nothing is going on). Otome is a really sweet girl in her path, being pretty much nothing but supportive and nice .. and it's one of the more romantic paths in School Days because she and Makoto actually shared a past.

There's a really funny (and freaky) scene in her path. Kotonoha asks Sekai to come up to the roof alone and was telling Sekai that Makoto said he liked someone already when he broke up with her (Makoto broke it off with Kotonoha already, and the person Makoto was referring to was Sekai), and when Sekai was about to say it was her, Kotonoha pulls out a fruit knife and says she'll kill that person and then kill herself. Sekai gets scared, and the players think Kotonoha is gonna cut Sekai or something. But it turns out Kotonoha thought it was Otome, and because Otome is good at sports and strong, she doesn't think she can stab Otome succesfully, so she gave up the idea of a murder suicide.

Yes, Kotonoha is real messed up.

Spoiler for for image:

Seriously, play the game when Sekai Project comes out with their translation. It's worth it.

Last edited by Chewy; 2007-09-05 at 22:30.
Old 2007-09-05, 22:32   Link #136
◕‿‿◕

Hahaha, that's pretty funny.
Old 2007-09-05, 22:50   Link #137
zheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

I assume by "anime" you mean "game", since the anime has yet to have an ending...

School days (game) is nothing when it comes to violence and gore. It's absolutely nothing when it comes to sex either. Cartagra easily beats School Days when it comes to violence and gore, and 0verflow's previous games make the sex in School Days look like a fairy tale (no joke, just go watch some videos on niconico outlining Makoto's dad's conquests... they will make you sick)

But the things is... one can easily make a game with over the top violence and over the top sex. The hard part is making it believable. In my opinion, School Days (the game) was a success in this respect. The sex does a good job in bringing out more of the characters' personalities but also stays consistent with them. Unfortunately, a lot of these are cut from the anime, and people never get to see great scenes like Kotonoha fighting back against Sekai through blackmail and seduction...
You made me want to play the game..+ that picture of her going crazy...
as far as time management goes i dont have the time for it.
Todays is my day off and i still have to finish papers, and stuff.
i barely have time to finish watching all the new anime eps, and read and reply here.

This is the kind of story i m waiting for. is normal but it gets out of hand like .... just something really different from all those stupid story of 2 or more chicks falls for some guy, and they live happy ever after with him. i m sick of those stories.
being a jerk as Makoto is like a player in high school in the U.S.
There are people like that out there, trust me. and others guys dreams to have lives like that.
while the chicks fight for that jerk, violence and sex made it even better.
somewhat realistic in that aspect but is still an anime.
Old 2007-09-05, 23:08   Link #138
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Spoiler for for image:
Funny thing is that I thought it was more funny than scary, while the "bad ends" considerably shook me.
Old 2007-09-06, 08:56   Link #139
NaweG
Just some guy

People, people, people...

It's SO obvious what the ending is going to be.

Makoto will have a dream sequence where all the girls will confront him about his past with his father and his unresolved issues, and then when he realizes what his real problem is, he'll wake up to everyone saying "Congratulations"...

You have to admit, it's possible.
Old 2007-09-06, 09:30   Link #140
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Of course this all depends what path you take through the game, but if you take the entire game as a whole Otome can definitely be called a bully. Well, given Kotonoha's personality, I guess almost every girl in the game "bullies" her at one point or another. She is too misunderstood and too nice.
Indeed, i was mainly talking about her path alone.

In various instances, it is very true that Otome bullied kotonoha, but i believe it is more like to "keep her image with the bullies" than rather having something specific against her. (though she was with her trio in several instances, it is quite ridiculous to the amount how the 3 are picking on kotonoha without her)

I should probably play again, but in "sekai path" (well, let's say... when Makoto goes directly to sekai), Otome was more like the poor girl who is in a desperate race (trying to get makoto, while kotonoha is already in a shattered and begging state)

As for Kotonoha "path", huh well...it is really variable i guess.

Quote:
I don't exactly know if it is that good for the later part, as Kotonoha was really too freaky and messed up. (especially when i think about her seduction plan, and the "i own you" picture, making sekai flee and crying)
Considering the anime was unconsistant with Kotonoha "battle plan" (as she only tried ONCE to seduce makoto... while she is ALWAYS like this, since she got dumped in the game) huh ^^'
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
People, people, people...

It's SO obvious what the ending is going to be.

Makoto will have a dream sequence where all the girls will confront him about his past with his father and his unresolved issues, and then when he realizes what his real problem is, he'll wake up to everyone saying "Congratulations"...

You have to admit, it's possible.
i didn't exactly get which type of any, the consequences and the unresolved issues are...