AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 13:53   Link #621
outerelf

I was recently reading a fanfic of a good friend of mine, randomfics (our writing style is really similar for some reason) when she went and made a new fanfic, that even I don't quite get what she's saying in it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6554565/...nd_Broken_Body

Anyone else willing to go in for the gold?
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 15:42   Link #622
Zakoo

Maybe a fanfiction of after volume 22 ?

Hmm, Touma in heaven who dreams of Tsuchimikado ( Wh-what ? ), saying that he will take a nap ( DAMN YOU Ryner , you influencated our favorite hero ) and will come back after .
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 19:11   Link #623
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Just finished the latest chapter for Collapse of Eastern Fantasy.

@Flere:
It's going to end soon?!! *gets depressed*, so long one of my fav. FFs to come...

But otherwise, I felt that it was shorter compared to your other chapters. Also, while the chapter was in excellent in terms of suspense and Accelerator kicking many people's asses lol. I found that Touma sudden leave lacked some closure. Knowing his character, he would have thanked the heroines for the last time and end it with a cool one liner, something about fantasy, illusions, accomplishing dreams or etc. I'll write down something if I can have a phrase in mind.

Although the epilogue has me wondering about what possible outcomes could result right now? I can foresee Yukari just do a massive gap dump of the touhou characters for lulz and dump them into Academy City (omake maybe/possible sequel?), (AIM fields restrict the girls' powers) and angering the two members of the Delta force, considering how many girls he had "captured" elsewhere. Add that to the interaction of Touma's other harem members, and witness the possible destruction...

Oh well, after my stupid exams, I'll see if I'll do some more oneshots about the touhou/index. Although, the first one I had in mind would be similar to the Aya Shameimaru interviews, so I guess she would interview Touma? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 20:54   Link #624
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The finale for Collapse of Eastern Fantasy... I have mixed feelings about it. Were the long hair and robes really necessary? How do nanomachines allow Aleister to take over Accel? Did Accel have any say in the matter or try to resist at all? I would have liked them to explain to Touma what actually went on or to give Touma and Accel a chance to interact since they rarely do in the series.

But yeah, Yukari finally shows what she's capable of. Waiting eagerly for epilogue now.
Old 2010-12-14, 21:42   Link #625
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
The finale for Collapse of Eastern Fantasy... I have mixed feelings about it. Were the long hair and robes really necessary? How do nanomachines allow Aleister to take over Accel? Did Accel have any say in the matter or try to resist at all? I would have liked them to explain to Touma what actually went on or to give Touma and Accel a chance to interact since they rarely do in the series.

But yeah, Yukari finally shows what she's capable of. Waiting eagerly for epilogue now.
The long hair and robes are basically just 'rule of cool' fluff, sorry about that ^.^; It just seemed weird for Accelerator to just come into Gensokyo otherwise, and without that kind of H4X Accel would just be curbstomped by Flandre maybe.

And the nano-machines are basically information gathering stuff Aleister is planning to use to scout out enemy territory, and has nothing to do with Accelerator's possession. I've read somewhere once the RL Aleister had something to do with deamonlogy, and thought it might be good to turn Accel into a demon (Didn't have the heart for Accel to get punched for no reason by Touma in the fic).

As for what's going to happen with Accel, I'll chuck a part where Motoharu debrief the rest of GROUP for why they got sent outside for this job in the epilogue. And after that I'll finally have peace of mind to go translate Vol19 for more Accel goodness
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 21:46   Link #626
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Lol, I sincerely doubt Kyousuke will go to one of those meetings of his own will... good idea nonetheless
Of course it won't be willing, where's the fun in 'willing'?

but not yet, first thing's first- Christmas.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 22:28   Link #627
ellifeedn
Thinker

Are there any crossover fanfics between the To Aru series and Neon Genesis Evangelion? I don't know where to look or ask.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 22:33   Link #628
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Are there any crossover fanfics between the To Aru series and Neon Genesis Evangelion? I don't know where to look or ask.
As far as I know, nothing yet from the 'official' channels...

But then again some people have found some rather 'exotic' works elsewhere...
Old 2010-12-15, 23:10   Link #629
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As far as I know, nothing yet from the 'official' channels...

But then again some people have found some rather 'exotic' works elsewhere...
2ch.

I can summarize some though, but translations... I'd rather give up on it.

*ahem*Looks like Touma/Kuroko fics are quite on the rise*cough*

There has been a few crossovers done, like Haruhi/Toaru and there's even... *coughcough*Doraemon/Toaru*cough*

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 00:13   Link #630
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Hey, are there any good Touma/Kaori fics out there?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 00:25   Link #631
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Hey, are there any good Touma/Kaori fics out there?
There is, but not in English as far as I can remember.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:26   Link #632
Kaiba

Messing around with the plans for a story, so I can't really figure this concept out with Accelerator - would he be capable of blocking Lancer's Gae Bolg?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:59   Link #633
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Messing around with the plans for a story, so I can't really figure this concept out with Accelerator - would he be capable of blocking Lancer's Gae Bolg?
Base on my weak understanding of Fate/Stay Night, despite it being a magic move, the actual attack itself is something physical right?
Old 2010-12-16, 02:56   Link #634
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think Gae Bolg, as a Noble Phantasm and therefore magic, is probably something that can get past 'Reflect' like most magic. Accel's ability as of Vol20 can distort magic but can't reflect them. As of Vol22 Accel can 'block' magic (i.e. Fiamma's blast that almost destroyed Eurasia by going White-winged angel mode), but reflect (and by extension manipulation of) is probably out of the question.
Old 2010-12-16, 03:31   Link #635
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think Gae Bolg, as a Noble Phantasm and therefore magic, is probably something that can get past 'Reflect' like most magic. Accel's ability as of Vol20 can distort magic but can't reflect them. As of Vol22 Accel can 'block' magic (i.e. Fiamma's blast that almost destroyed Eurasia by going White-winged angel mode), but reflect (and by extension manipulation of) is probably out of the question.
My theory is that at some level, magic still have some factors that is measurable. Aside from the obvious elemental spells, even if a glowing feather hits you the effects can be seen in the physical world, a pink glowing ball explodes it still pushes air and makes a sound.

So my opinion is, even being stabbed by a colourful spear is something that happens in the physical world.

But only a portion of it, that's why Accelerator could not completely control them.
Old 2010-12-16, 09:18   Link #636
Kaiba

Well, thanks for the responses, but I gave up and chose a completely different task.

I'm working on a fic that's frankly focused more on Academy City itself as opposed to the To Aru characters themselves, as well as slightly altering certain arcs and seeing what happens. Needless to say, the prologue's short because it's a prologue.

Spoiler for Prologue:

I'll admit, I'm new to this business, so reviews would be nice.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 12:22   Link #637
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Ahh, no. Accel could block Gae Bolg. The abiltity of the spear in it's anti-unit mode is that it reverses causality so that the cause of the lance being thrust switches with the efect of the lance hitting the heart. This means that when Lancer activates gae Bolg, it's already in the enemy's heart and the thrust is simply a formality. However, it's still a physical attack and Reflection can block it. Nasu himself said that one of the ways of blocking Gae Bolg is to use a shield that makes it impossible for Gae Bolg to hit in the first place.

Quote:
There is, but not in English as far as I can remember.
Can you summarize a good one for me?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 13:11   Link #638
Miraluka
Banned

Didn't read the fic about CoEF and don't know much of Touhou but I found a pic that can be used(?) on the fic.
Spoiler for Remilia and Touma:

There is another one about Sakuya and Touma on a different style.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 13:44   Link #639
tsunade666

remelia's moeness just increase in another whole level of extra stage lunatic level. Inspired by flere's fanfic..... to bad no more further stories about that. I like the cross over of touhou and tamni.
Old 2010-12-16, 22:26   Link #640
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
There is another one about Sakuya and Touma on a different style.
... Can you post a link? I'm interested now

And wow, I'm starting to think that anything Touhou related will get fanart, even fanfics about it... and I wasn't expecting anything more than Blitz's scribbles and that other one pic where Yukari is with Touma (and before anyone asks, I didn't save that one =/).

On another note, after reading Vol22 I did have an idea of making Yukari the one that saves Touma from the Star of Bethlehem as a explanation of how he went missing, but I have no more fodder for plot after that ^.^;

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction