AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-11-27, 20:23   Link #61
AB079
Banned

Now that I think about it, so many old series coming back to life but where is my goddamn S3 for Horizon??

I still hate you Sunrise.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 20:23   Link #62
devilo96

now i hope they prepare enough budget to make Tv format cuz kinda hate if we get another movie like akito
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 20:26   Link #63
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Now that I think about it, so many old series coming back to life but where is my goddamn S3 for Horizon??

I still hate you Sunrise.
cant blame sunrise...cuz sunrise make anime to earn money (love live)
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 20:57   Link #64
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

In a way it's nice if it's a continuation, but in other ways still sucks because of two characters that are still gone. Euphemia and Shirley I want them back!!!

EuphxLelouch ftw

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 21:15   Link #65
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
In a way it's nice if it's a continuation, but in other ways still sucks because of two characters that are still gone. Euphemia and Shirley I want them back!!!

EuphxLelouch ftw
World of C cameo via Lelouch's memories? (If he's immortal)

Or maybe Cornelia has a daughter with Guilford that she named after Euphemia (highly possible considering how attached she was to Euphy) and said daughter looks and behaves a lot like her late aunt?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 22:02   Link #66
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Yes. That's part of popular theory saying he took his father code so he is immortal and will spend eternity with best girl.
Lucky guy.
Lelouch, he really needs to give our tears back if they make him being alive all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Delays and having a release format so long will do that to most series. Doesn't help the OVA's didn't have the same level of "it" factor the TV series had.
Oh yeah, the delays for the first 3 episode was really bad. I guess they had to make up for the 'it' factor by showing Lelouch and Suzaku to boost the popularity much as they can.
Old 2016-11-27, 22:14   Link #67
Psyco Diver

If I had to make a guess, someone has a Geass power that changes the past and Lelouch some how manages to save the day because "reasons". I will keep a close eye on this and will most likely watch it though
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 22:15   Link #68
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I don't think there will be any "altering" of how R2 ended. If you've read the description of the teaser then it's apparent how this will at least start.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 22:38   Link #69
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I going to bet this is just going to be a movie and all about Suzaku being Zero
Old 2016-11-27, 22:53   Link #70
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
They've confirmed that Lelouch will return as the protagonist though. So it shouldn't/wouldn't focus solely on Suzaku or any other character for that matter. If anything, Lelouch should be the main focus by all means.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2016-11-27, 23:06   Link #71
cyberdemon

Quote:
doesn't work with the title LELOUCH of the Resurrection.
Old 2016-11-27, 23:28   Link #72
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Not according to MyAnimeList.

Quote:
At the Code Geass 10th anniversary event on Sunday, it was announced that the series will be receiving a new anime. Titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Revival), the new anime will take place a few years after the events of Zero Requiem. In addition, a three-part compilation film series of the previous Code Geass anime has been planned for January 2017. The voices will be redubbed for the movies, which will also include new scenes.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch is an original anime series produced by Sunrise, directed by Gorou Taniguchi with original character designs by manga artist group CLAMP, which aired in 25 episodes between October 2006 and July 2007. A sequel titled Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 was subsequently developed due to the immense popularity of the first season, also airing in 25 episodes between April 2008 and September 2008. An OVA Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland was released in July 2012. A spin-off movie series titled Boukoku no Akito was announced in April 2010, which screened in 5 parts from July 2012 to February 2016. The series was initially licensed by Bandai Entertainment for North American distribution before FUNimation re-licensed it in August 2013.

Official site: http://geass.jp/lelouch_10th/
Old 2016-11-28, 03:04   Link #73
Brother Coa
Banned

First of all, I want to say that even if the R2 had perfect ending seeing the return of the series like this instead of just another offshoot is really refreshing.

Secondly I am little concerned how will they handle the story. Seeing how R2 ended Lelouch would only return if some new and dangerous enemy appears. One that none of the old gang can beat.
So..... as someone here said.... ALIENS!!! xD
I do hope they will not do it... and I REALLY hope they will not made a sequel into 12 episode series as they are doing with everything these days ( unless you have big budget that is ).

Finally, to all people who thought that he died at the end if R2 - told you so! x infinite

I was also able to find this:

Quote:
I went to the live screening of the event.

- Is that the official translation for the title? They didn't give one at the event. If so... wow.

They showed some anime clips of it. spoiler[It was basically everyone being happy, and then stuff explodes, and then action scenes. Cute part with Milly, Rivalz, and Nina in an airport, and Rivalz carrying their stuff for them, and some with Kallen and the other surviving Black Knights; Cool action parts with Cornelia, Zero/Suzaku, and Suzaku in his Rounds uniform (always a good thing, those uniforms are hot). Also some figures, couldn't tell who they were, riding camels in the desert, it seemed like? Might have been C.C., might have been Cornelia.And something with Jeremiah's cyborg parts. I... didn't notice if Gino, Anya, Guilford, or Schneizel were in it, or what they were doing.
]
The voice actors didn't know about this beforehand! They said goodbye and walked off stage, and a credits video played... and then a Zero cosplayer came on and basically said "GUESS WHAT I'M BACK" (caps because it's Zero) and they played the video. Takahiro Sakurai looked shocked.

Okay, and then there was like a Q and A about the new thing, with Taniguchi and Okouchi. They said something about Akito and how canon it is, and something about... well, Kallen's va told C.C. and Suzaku something like "I won't lose to you," so... romance? I hope not because whichever way they do that...

Edit: I think we can put the Cart Driver thing to rest, though, because if he were, then they missed a perfect opportunity to reveal it - they did the last scene live, and Hitomi sang Continued Story live, and if they were going to go with that, they would have added it on to the end right there.

Besides, it's not called Lelouch the Immortal.

As for whether it will be good or not... well. It depends on whether you trust them. Personally? I know a lot of people really don't like Okouchi's writing, but I've loved everything I've seen from him (yes, I love Valvrave.) And I've loved everything else I've seen Taniguchi direct. I loved their episodes of Space Dandy, too (the one with the little girl was written by Okouchi, the one with the ship racing was directed by Taniguchi). And... every time I go back and watch Code Geass, I notice new things to love. I just love their work. So... I trust that if they're really as involved as it says they are, it will be good. (They did not do Akito, by the way. That was all Kazuki Akane. It was good, but it was different from the original series.)

I'm really curious as to what they said about Akito being canon or separate or something like that, because if it is connected, spoiler[Leila's geass] could be the key to all of this...
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 05:14   Link #74
ValvraveTruth

A bit disappointed actually, I bet that Lelouch must be fake clone or something. The death of Lelouch pretty much a big significant and a symbol to us, the revival of Lelouch will defeat the purpose of last episode/ending and the story itself.
Old 2016-11-28, 06:06   Link #75
dmaxzero

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I blew a fuse.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 07:53   Link #76
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
A bit disappointed actually, I bet that Lelouch must be fake clone or something. The death of Lelouch pretty much a big significant and a symbol to us, the revival of Lelouch will defeat the purpose of last episode/ending and the story itself.
Ugh, anything but a clone. I hate it when stories go down that route.

I lose all sympathy and care for the character in question when it happens.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 08:31   Link #77
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Are those Akito and Renya in the bottom? Maybe we'll see even these guys
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 08:43   Link #78
Brother Coa
Banned

Why Nunally have closed eyes when she is not blind?
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 08:52   Link #79
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^That's just promo-art showcasing the major characters from the main and spinoff series in the franchise.

Don't forget that for yesterday's event, the main purpose was first and foremost to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Code Geass and not just to only announce the new anime. i.e. The new anime's announcement was secondary to the event itself.
Old 2016-11-28, 11:02   Link #80
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

Are those Akito and Renya in the bottom? Maybe we'll see even these guys
This is 10th anniversary not new series poster.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote