AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-27, 16:09   Link #1261
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

man, u ppl demand 2 much

this anime was meant 2 be a classic from the start, even from the game reputation, u can even tell it from the OP. Thats y Hero x Heroine is expected

the endings really well done in my opinion, and kiss would be way 2 much of character development since they just confessed 2 each other and in front of everybody.

either way i say this series beats all school life harems such as Shuffle!, DC both seasons, etc (personally of course)

tokimeki gives an innocent and pure feeling, just like the good old times when i play the 1st tokimeki game

i give the whole series a 9.5/10
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 16:21   Link #1262
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Enjoyable as it maybe be, it was too cliched and the cliche story was forgettably executed. Its humor was nice and the antagonists (Tsukasa and Mina) were nice (and Haruka sensei ), but as a whole, I wouldn't give this one more than a 6 or 7. And it suffers from the usual harem male lead syndrome Cute but not great. Of course, better this than trying to say you know how to write something decent and then fail miserably *coughshufflecough*.
Old 2007-03-27, 17:50   Link #1263
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
the antagonists (Tsukasa and Mina)
how can you say such a thing? the only crime mina commited was stealing my heart away
well i wont be forgetting this series any time soon...but will probably end up forgetting given time ~ its cliche done the way it should be done and im happy (would have been happier if a certain someone was picked) with the outcome ~ tho is still curse the fact that there wasnt enough of sexy sexy inukai ()

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 17:53   Link #1264
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
how can you say such a thing? the only crime mina commited was stealing my heart away
I said they were nice And I'm a Tsukasa fan btw

Quote:
tho is still curse the fact that there wasnt enough of sexy sexy inukai ()
/scratches head... Inukai is a guy, right?
Old 2007-03-27, 20:05   Link #1265
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
i think hiyoko should get his own series!
Spoiler for episode 25:
lol....I never really wanted that, but I'll explain later....

Hmm... not particularly surprised at this....yet again anime shows me that they can never sway from the "normal" way of doing things. Sad thing is, I can just add this to yet the growing list of "The way things go".

I'll keep this nice, short and simple. At this time of the anime season I'm not very fond of spoiling series, especially when I now have to make commitments as to which fansub group I will prioritize (I have had alot of groups asking for my services ~___~) I'm planning a mass blog attack in a couple of days so let's get inside my crazed, insane mind, shall we?

Spoiler for those who has watched Episode 25:

Spoiler for what mangatron saw in episode 25! (Cont'd from above):

Ahem, back to the episode....
Spoiler for episode 25 again!:

So, you thought my post would end there, did you? Well, not sure if this was mentioned before, but believe it or not Tokimeki Memorial gets some light in from the Associated Press. Showcasing an animation software, this news spot is sure to bring smiles to your faces what with all the Mina-Mina and Tsukasa-chan that was going around in it (with some AMS and others to boot)
Associated Press clip about animation software

Now there's a good reason to invest in anime! Maybe all my favorite manga's can come to life now

Don't forget to drop by my blog to see more about the Amamiya controversy and other stuff about me

Last edited by mangatron; 2007-03-28 at 04:12. Reason: Grr, some links died lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 00:16   Link #1266
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

lol @ whoever photoshopped that pantsu shot
Old 2007-03-28, 04:23   Link #1267
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
/scratches head... Inukai is a guy, right?
he sure is...and i say again ~ if i wasnt a guy i would have fallen for him

@ mangatron ~ great description on sayuri "innocence" ~ (thankgod she wasnt wearing kuma pants )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 04:40   Link #1268
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
lol @ whoever photoshopped that pantsu shot
I feel like some whoever....

I admit! I did it! I wasted my time photoshopping it! And it's all because of this post I did several pages back, it was inevitable! There just had to be some pantsu, and I couldn't help it

That wasn't the first time I PS'ed a controversial pic...*looks at the old Mahoraba thread*....lol

Now leave me alone, I go hide from shame and this horrible sin commited to dear Sayuri-chan

On a side note, holyman got so affected by my posts he just had to ask me:

"Do you talk like that in real life? God help the people you mingle with"

Well, I wanted to verify that here. Yes, that's me in real life, I find no reason why I shouldn't be the same here. Believe it or not, I am one really crazed whacko. But when the serious needs to be done, I discard the insanity for, something just as serious

This is why I'm such an enthusiastic anime veiwer, I don't just watch anime, I watch it for more than what it really is (to the point where I have to yet again photoshop a fanserviceless anime into something more....daring ), and I'm not really one to complain about a series or talk about how one sucked. Last time I did that was Bakuretsu Tenshi, and back then it was too unbearable (even made a Baka tenshi club lol...). 24+ eps of Scooby-doo'ish plotslines (Damsel in distress lol) didn't really sit well with me, and to think that season really didn't have what I wanted to watch

So yeah....I'm crazy. But I keep it in check, which is one of my strong points. As my saying goes,

"He who had a sad past knows how to make his future happy."

Quote:
@ mangatron ~ great description on sayuri "innocence" ~ (thankgod she wasnt wearing kuma pants )
LOLipop.... I debated on whether or not I should defile her with black pantsu. But I went with white for the sake of her "goddess image"
Old 2007-03-28, 06:38   Link #1269
jtrog

About ep 15. There is Tokimeki Momerial Online game, japan only and recently the developers announced servers shutting down in july 2007 I believe I read. New game is TMO2 probably in 2008? I do not know how much of the game was from play at home ps2 version mixed in with the online one.

Saw end. I like the show cause it does not rely on 'dirty or R to X rated topics' as well as someone else said a classy way of doing things. Ending was fine to me.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 09:18   Link #1270
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

haha, it would been great if she didnt wear any pantsu XD

and i personally want some X rated Amamiya

seriously, that would be hawt

plz excuse my ecchi-ness

oh and im surprised that mangatron used the avatar from that anime made by Tony lol (im dying 4 its 2nd chapter )

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-03-28 at 16:09.
Old 2007-04-02, 19:38   Link #1271
Flame-X
Anti-fan

an h-anime or hgame of tokimeki memorial only love would be freakin amazing
Old 2007-04-02, 22:15   Link #1272
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Too bad Konami won't have it, as they wish to keep the Tokimeki Memorial franchise at the "all ages" level. One attempt at putting a likeness of Shiori Fujisaki's character in a H-anime landed the suspect in jail, as documented here.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 23:51   Link #1273
FD3S

What... the... bloody... hell? First I've heard of this - I'm guessing the tape wasn't out for very long, eh? Konami's pretty damn strict when it comes of defending the honor of Tokimemo...
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 00:00   Link #1274
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Too bad Konami won't have it, as they wish to keep the Tokimeki Memorial franchise at the "all ages" level. One attempt at putting a likeness of Shiori Fujisaki's character in a H-anime landed the suspect in jail, as documented here.
This sounds more like an issue of straight copyright infringement than having to do with the content of the video even though the plaintiffs claim of integrity was supported by the judge. Seems like a completely backwards judgement to me. If I were the judge I would be more concerned with awarding the plaintiff compensation for copywright damages than for costs to integrity. I'd flip the judgement so the copywright damages were the 2 million yen and the integrity damages were 275,000.

The prose seems a little off for a justice though. I've read case law and usually the commentary is more seperate from the case at hand, lacking unneccessary comments outside the fact, such as " turn the innocent and pure Shiori Fujisaki into a base, crude character as one might expect in an adult oriented video animation", which is something you would be more likely to hear from a lawyers closing argument. The cases I've read are more concerned strictly with the facts like how/when/where/why did you do it and how/when/where/why did you intend to do it, and nothing else. Must have been a really activist judge to be that concerned over the content of a fictional creations character to blast the defendant like that. Pretty sad stuff. I was shocked to find that Japan only had a 2/7 (1 being most free and 7 being least free) on the overall Civil Rights freedom scale study I read on Wikipedia a few months ago. Perhaps the courts are part of the reason why this is the case.

I'll tell you this, in Canada you cannot claim protection of any sort for a fictional creation. Claiming damages for a fictional characters reputation would be immediately dismissed by a judge.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-03 at 00:34.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 04:10   Link #1275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The court system in Japan ... well, lets just say it would puree the heads of most Canadian or USian lawyers....

And that was a translation from Japanese so it might have some quirks in it.
Old 2007-04-03, 09:08   Link #1276
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
holy crap, reading through that article was more eye-hurting than mangatron's long-ass posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
This sounds more like an issue of straight copyright infringement than having to do with the content of the video even though the plaintiffs claim of integrity was supported by the judge. Seems like a completely backwards judgement to me. If I were the judge I would be more concerned with awarding the plaintiff compensation for copywright damages than for costs to integrity. I'd flip the judgement so the copywright damages were the 2 million yen and the integrity damages were 275,000.

Must have been a really activist judge to be that concerned over the content of a fictional creations character to blast the defendant like that.
there is the other possibility. the judge him/herself is a tokimemo fan, more specifically, a shiori fan
but wow, the idea of a corporation claiming moral rights concerning a fictional charatcer...

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 10:27   Link #1277
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
holy crap, reading through that article was more eye-hurting than mangatron's long-ass posts

there is the other possibility. the judge him/herself is a tokimemo fan, more specifically, a shiori fan
but wow, the idea of a corporation claiming moral rights concerning a fictional charatcer...
He can't be a fan otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to try the case because of a reasonable apprehension of bias. Unless the Japanese courts are as loopy as Vexx says and that doesn't matter, in which case you might as well be tried by a theocratic tribunal in Iran.

Also you can't claim moral rights for a fictional character because they can't collect damages for libel, who collects the damages of libel against a fictional character. Do you staple the cheque to a drawing? The decision is pure activism designed to make an example out of the defendant since the courts were being accused of being to lenient on copyright infringement, the integrity decision was probably tacked on as punitive damages to make the courts posturing more visible. It's like that one case in U.S I read of where the one judge was accused of being too generous with his setting of bail, so in order to prove he's a tough guy he picks some random defendant one day and throws something like a $100 Trillion bail settings at him. I don't think its a laughing matter and pray to god that that Konami v. Ichiro Komami wasn't a supreme court case, otherwise this is now the law of that land and it can only lead to trouble when people start suing because a character in an adult film happens to resemble a character they may have created. So now all H-Doujin becomes illegal and you can be sued for racy fan-art the original creator doesn't approve of. Ugh? I don't think this was Supreme Court as this doesn't seem to have happened. This is one of the worst decisions I think I have ever read.

Why do I have to be the one doing the lecture on Jurisprudence when these courts should be taking care of their own affairs? I'm just a student, I never thought I'd see the day when a decision so ridiculous came to my attention. Well I just confirmed it was distict court, which helps to determine the screwball decision as district courts can be pretty random. Why the defendant didn't just appeal this to a higher court where the integrity decision would be most likely be overturned is beyond me.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-03 at 10:43.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 10:45   Link #1278
mangatron

Quote:
I'm hurt

Now I regret my defamation of Miss Sayuri-chan....

Forgive me, Sayuri-nee! I am forever basked in thy beautiful light! Grant mercy unto me as you have of cousin Aoba! I beg of you!!

/me plots a doujin instead
Old 2007-04-03, 10:48   Link #1279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I read a small amount of case law in my study of japanese culture ... lets just say their idea of justice weighs differently than US or Canadian ... especially in the areas of civil disputes. Their legal concepts of family and birthrights make my head spin sometimes (e.g. the legal system thinks its more important who *bore* the child than whose DNA was used to create the fetus --- an interesting idea that gives weight to who dealt with the discomfort and pain). Case law on civil disputes are also interestingly different. Of course, if you get arrested for a criminal matter --- basically you're screwed because that's where they filter ... at the police level rather than the courts (unlike US/Canada where the attitude leans toward "arrest someone and let the court figure it out").

Sorry, I'm offtopic from Tokimeki ... (waits for subs....). I really would like to see the ending before commenting too much -- though the ending I'm hearing about is kind of an unusual way to execute the no-ending ending.
Old 2007-04-03, 14:01   Link #1280
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Thank you for suggesting this Vexx . I watched episodes 1-15 couple days after your recommendation in http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...298#post870298.
And it reminded me that I had almost let this slip by months ago because first ep was ...hmm... something and second ended bit irritating way... after that simply forgot it...
But now I gave it more eps and was just simply in hook by series having jokes that worked on me, amazed by good looking scenes and enjoying good music.

Some thoughts:
It took couple eps to get partly over Aoba's wimpy tones in voice, but that nasal is still aching my ear in some degree like when he yells Hiyoko-kun.

Liking Tsukasas and Rikus relationship least, way it started, her pushy behaving and Rikus thoughtless way to just keep her happy and to not think possible consequences.

Then comes Amamiya-san and my hopes are up for Mina.

My heart jumped also for Yukari maybe just because of her VA Yukari and thought about having bad girl is my secret dream .
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, aic a.s.t.a., comedy, drama, konami, romance, school life