AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-08-18, 10:46   Link #21
Haiprbim
Banned

The black lines or waves are called screen flickers.
They usually appear while playing MMO games, or any other games that require a booster.

May I ask, what operating system do you use?
If you are using Windows, try switching from the DirectX Mode into the Safe Mode and see what happens. If you are not a Windows user, switch from OpenGL Mode into the Safe Mode.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 11:39   Link #22
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

I did the calculator thing larethian suggested and my wattage (not counting the fans and USB things) added up to 483W.
Note that I had no idea what kind of Hard Drive I have, so I used the lowest available option.

Also, dropping the video settings to the lowest possible, did help a little bit at first, but eventually the problem was back in full strength.

Regarding heat, I used the SpeedFan 4.49 and the CPU temperature is hovering around 45C at idle and around 55C when playing games. GPU is 45C when idle and 60+ when playing games.

Also, new development. Launching the game and them minimizing it, also brings the problem to the desktop.

----
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit version.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:50   Link #23
Haiprbim
Banned

Have you switched from the DirectX Mode into the Safe Mode, as I've suggested?
Old 2013-08-18, 11:54   Link #24
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Uh ... how do I do that?
Old 2013-08-18, 12:04   Link #25
Haiprbim
Banned

There should be an option for it in-game.
Search through the Settings, or Options, or what it is called there.

As much as I surf through various discussions, I see that WoT runs only by using a booster (DirectX), so this might be an issue.
Old 2013-08-19, 10:27   Link #26
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Tried it, Haiprbim. Didn't work.

Anyway, had a chat with the repairman at the shop and he immediately pointed at the GPU. According to him, a recently developed model can have a few bugs in it and since my GPU is still under warranty, I won't have to pay anything to repair/replace it.

I just hope this works.
Old 2013-08-22, 01:38   Link #27
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

There are a couple radeon HD 7870s you'll need to get more specific with which company you bought it from. Gigabyte and Asus to name a few. Did you try looking up compatibility issues with certain games? For instance a lot of nivida gpus don't work with league when they do a certain upgrade. The whole screen turns black. It might be a directx issue, it might be a driver issue, it might be a loose cable. But if your getting a black line on a specific card it maybe a faulty card. Try it on the lowest setting and see if you still get the problem or if possible try the card on another computer and see if you get the same problem. If you get the same problem on two computers more than likely its the card, but if you don't it might be some driver issue or maybe the game is missing a bugfix patch.
Old 2013-08-23, 06:12   Link #28
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

The GPU is from MSI.
Also, according to the repairman, the GPU is working fine. However, I think he failed to notice the problem. He also suggested that the motherboard, ram or the processor might be busted, but that can't be true. I inserted my previous GPU (R5770) and everything is working perfectly.

Anyway, I'm getting a new PSU (cx 600) and if that doesn't work I found another potential solution. There is a chance that the GPU was overclocked at the factory (they sometimes tend to do that.) I could use the AMD Overdrive to underclock the GPU.
Old 2013-08-23, 12:03   Link #29
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Wonderful. The problem is still there.
Replaced the PSU, and installed the new GPU, the flickering persists. The GPU was confirmed to be working fine, the PSU is also good. The rest of the system also is in good condition, as I did not have this problem when I had the previous card.

All that's left is the GPU/monitor cable. I am using a VGA cable with a DVI adapter. Since my monitor only has the VGA ... socket. I was wondering is there a cable with VGA socket on one end and DVI on the other one? The adapter might be the one causing all the problems.
Though it worked fine with the previous card ... I don't know, perhaps the new GPU doesn't like it.
Old 2013-08-26, 01:17   Link #30
ImperialPanda

It was highly unlikely it was the PSU. If you have power issues, your computer would simply just be rebooting randomly.

It is extremely likely to be a hardware issue.

How did you get it "confirmed" that your new card is fine?

If you only replaced the card, and the old card was working without a problem, then your new card is defective, period. Just get an RMA on it and get it replaced. (or return it to the store if you bought it offline, but who does that?!)
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 16:09   Link #31
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

They did a check at the store since they also repair PC's there. However, since the problem persisted, I managed to convince them to send the card to the main distributor where they will perform a thorough diagnostics check, which is much more comprehensive. If all goes well, them the card will turn out to be a defective product and they will replace it.

If not, then I'll have to find what else might be wrong.
Old 2013-09-08, 15:06   Link #32
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

Finally found the problem.
It's the monitor.
After my GPU was returned and confirmed as working (though the problem persists), I gave my GPU to my friend (who has the exact monitor as I do) and he reported the same problem.
Since we're both using VGA cables with DVI adapters, I think the adapter might be causing the problem. Add the fact that the monitor only supports a VGA cable, it seems like I'll have to purchase a new monitor, one that allows me to use a HDMI cable.