AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 5 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-26, 02:07   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2013-09-26, 09:57   Link #2
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 7
Soundtrack: 10
Editing: 8
Enjoyment: 10
Emotional Involvement: 10

Overall: 9

Main negative was that it was a bit too rushed.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2013-10-14, 11:08   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I give this series a 10.
The series still has the charms of what i like about it even though they may have skip or rush some parts.
Old 2013-10-21, 20:54   Link #4
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Good, good... A bit rushed, but still managed to bring out the manga's charm.

Looking forward to the 3rd season!
Old 2013-10-24, 13:42   Link #5
Black Phoenix
Photography is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Good, good... A bit rushed, but still managed to bring out the manga's charm.

Looking forward to the 3rd season!
Fourth, you must say...
Old 2014-02-16, 10:00   Link #6
Vegard Aune

I remember when this arc was still coming out in the manga, and after a certain point it started to kinda get on my nerves just how long it was all taking, and how it seemed like every chapter only covered like, one brief moment of the story... I never did go back to reread it to see if it all flowed better when read back-to-back. That said, judging from the anime, it certainly would seem that way. Granted this anime sort of had the opposite problem from the manga (and the first two seasons of the anime as well) that it almost felt like they were going through the story a little too fast, but it was never quite bad enough to be a deal-breaker. And the last few episodes? Fantastic stuff all around. Oh and for the record, Keima/Chihiro 4eva.

At the end of the day... It did bother me that they skipped so much content in order to get to this arc, and I do feel that this hurt the series a bit... not only because it results in the anime frequently acting as though we know things that were only ever established in the manga, but also because of how sudden the shift in tone was. Like, the manga very slowly changed its focus from the more comedic "Runaway Spirit of the week"-stories into a more continuous and dramatic storyline, giving us a slow transition where the underlying plot gradually became more and more prominent while the old formula still stayed intact for a good while... The anime just jumped straight from formulaic conquests right into "WE MUST STOP VINTAGE FROM DESTROYING THE WORLD BY AWAKENING THE GODDESSES!" with only the Tenri-arc OVAs linking the two... but that's really more of a problem in that it makes it less accessable to people who didn't read the manga, rather than actively hampering my own enjoyment. And for what it's worth, this was a good adaptation of this particular portion of the manga. It's just a shame that if I ever were to tell anyone else to watch the series, I feel like I have to append that with a "But make sure you read the manga up to chapter 113 before watching season 3!" first...