AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-20, 10:01   Link #1141
Fjoergyn

It will be a chapter on L-Elf and his days at the academy. I think it will be a vision of the past and his family perhaps.
Old 2013-10-20, 15:18   Link #1142
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I say it most likely the same as episode 2, character development and some flashback to L-elf's past ( we might even learned his real name).
Old 2013-10-20, 15:38   Link #1143
erika4dsl

His real name is probably Leland LillyLeroy Lankton.
I'm really interested in his relationship with Lisolette like does he have romantic feelings for her? brotherly feelings?

Last edited by erika4dsl; 2013-10-20 at 19:45.
Old 2013-10-20, 22:47   Link #1144
Irenesharda

I've thought for a while that his name was "Licht" and the fact that the episode called Lieselotte the "Princess of Light" was a sort of red herring.
From the way she reacted to the ship and saying it was pretty, made me think that she's still pretty childlike. My bet is that Lieselotte is L-elf's Nunnally, but we'll have to see if he harbors something more than protective brotherly feelings for her.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-21, 00:05   Link #1145
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I've thought for a while that his name was "Licht" and the fact that the episode called Lieselotte the "Princess of Light" was a sort of red herring.
From the way she reacted to the ship and saying it was pretty, made me think that she's still pretty childlike. My bet is that Lieselotte is L-elf's Nunnally, but we'll have to see if he harbors something more than protective brotherly feelings for her.
I also noticed how child like Lieselotte is and I find that worrying. I don't think she's that much younger/older than L Elf but I thought she was coming off somewhat child like, at least a little bit, earlier in the show, when we had a early flash to her during a scene where the current head of Dorissia was making a speech. However, we then saw her acting fairly mature for her age in the flashback where she and L Elf met - she's almost more mature then than she is coming off in this last episode IMO. I have to wonder if she's been given a lobotomy, drugs, or some nasty combo of these and other things, to have her acting like that . Real life lobotomies are horrific and the idea that L Elf is possibly going to have to face this issue that she isn't who she was and it most likely is a result, at least in part, of her helping him as a child, is depressingly sad
Old 2013-10-21, 01:08   Link #1146
Kurohane

I think we're just overanalyzing. Just because she said pretty to a descending shuttle going through the atmosphere, doesn't mean she's childlike. If she is, it's only in instances like this. When we first see her in the flashback, she's chasing a rabbit, a very child like quality, only a few seconds later to remain perfectly calm when held hostage. For all we know is that when the situation calls, she can show adult level maturity and intelligence.
Old 2013-10-21, 02:32   Link #1147
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
I also noticed how child like Lieselotte is and I find that worrying. I don't think she's that much younger/older than L Elf but I thought she was coming off somewhat child like, at least a little bit, earlier in the show, when we had a early flash to her during a scene where the current head of Dorissia was making a speech. However, we then saw her acting fairly mature for her age in the flashback where she and L Elf met - she's almost more mature then than she is coming off in this last episode IMO. I have to wonder if she's been given a lobotomy, drugs, or some nasty combo of these and other things, to have her acting like that . Real life lobotomies are horrific and the idea that L Elf is possibly going to have to face this issue that she isn't who she was and it most likely is a result, at least in part, of her helping him as a child, is depressingly sad
I think Lieselotte is one year younger than L-elf and the same age as Haruto. She's 16, L-elf's 17. I don't think she's been lobotomized or anything, but she's probably going to be your kind, peace-loving innocent that seems to find its way into these kind of shows. However, I really hope not. I really hope they do more with Lieselotte than make her the next Lacus clone.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-21, 03:15   Link #1148
alluka

^Probably, minus the access to secret weapons. That, or she can be like Euphinator
Also, for the death flags, some anons mentioned Liselotte Herrmann, a communist resistance fighter in germany, who got arrested, imprisoned and executed for treason.
But nah, she'll live.
Old 2013-10-21, 12:19   Link #1149
~BC~

I wouldn't jump the gun on Lieselotte being lobotomized just yet. She's been a prisoner for many years so it doesn't seem unusual that she might find such an extraordinary event "pretty". Also with the existence of Magius and it being established that one has been very close to the seat of power for ten years, I don't think a drug/lobotomy angle is really necessary.
Old 2013-10-21, 13:08   Link #1150
Key Board
Carbon

I'm going to be surprised if Lieselotte survives this Earth story arc
and very surprised if she survives to the end
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-21, 13:12   Link #1151
Chibikiwi

I don't think they'll introduce her character just to kill her off that quickly.
Old 2013-10-21, 13:36   Link #1152
Key Board
Carbon

have you ever seen Cowboy Bebop?
I have the feeling she is this show's Julia
She is one of the most influential characters, but she is not required to be active in order to move the plot

besides, I think it's time for L-Elf to taste some personal drama
he's been unblemished so far

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-21, 14:32   Link #1153
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I wouldn't jump the gun on Lieselotte being lobotomized just yet. She's been a prisoner for many years so it doesn't seem unusual that she might find such an extraordinary event "pretty". Also with the existence of Magius and it being established that one has been very close to the seat of power for ten years, I don't think a drug/lobotomy angle is really necessary.
Well, she's been a political prisoner for a good chunk of her life. At the time of her first meet with L-elf, she would have already been a prisoner saying as the coup took place 12 years ago and L-elf's meeting with her was 10 years ago. She actually seemed more mature as a 6 year old then she does at 16. Also, from the way they treated her, I'd say she's pretty well-respected, taken care of, and beloved by her people, even if she is officially a political prisoner.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-21, 15:45   Link #1154
Chibikiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
have you ever seen Cowboy Bebop?
I have the feeling she is this show's Julia
She is one of the most influential characters, but she is not required to be active in order to move the plot

besides, I think it's time for L-Elf to taste some personal drama
he's been unblemished so far

//
No, haven't seen it, but I do agree that she is an influential character because L-Elf's revolution is because of her even though she's done nothing so far. I wouldn't say he has been unblemished because his childhood wasn't exactly a good one, but I really do hope that she doesn't die.

Last edited by Chibikiwi; 2013-10-21 at 16:00.
Old 2013-10-21, 16:08   Link #1155
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
His real name is probably Leland LillyLeroy Lankton.
I count only 7 Ls. You are missing 4...XD

Quote:
I'm really interested in his relationship with Lisolette.
I suspect that his relationship would be similar to Guilford's relationship to Cornelia or something similar Jeremiah's loyalty to Lelouch.

IMHO, He idolizes her as the person who saved his life & is probably devoted to repaying his debt. Those feelings have however, progressed to the point of love. This is evident by him(Haruto) crying by just the sight of her picture.

Note: The love he feels doesn't necessarily need to be romantic, but can be feelings of loyalty that subordinates have for their king or feelings that butlers/maids/servants have for their master.

Though I could be completely wrong & hes 100% smitten by her. I hope not because then, my favourite ship will be sunk on the spot. EruShoko for life!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I didn't think of that. Yes that is also possible. Lisolette is the Nunnally of Valvrave, it sounds legit.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-21, 16:31   Link #1156
~BC~

The thing with Lieselotte is she's the only person we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that L-Elf cares about. That makes her the most likely source of drama for his character and killing her would be the easiest way to do that. Albeit there are more interesting scenarios than that but if the writer's only mean to use her as a plot device I can see that happening unfortunately.

And L-Elf's past isn't going to protect him from present day drama if Saki and other mecha protagonists are anything to go by.
Old 2013-10-21, 16:47   Link #1157
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I count only 7 Ls. You are missing 4...XD

Though I could be completely wrong & hes 100% smitten by her. I hope not because then, my favourite ship will be sunk on the spot. EruShoko for life!!!
Leland LillyLeroy Lankton Lirrlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly the Eleventh.

I hope all those Ls are sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Maybe he'll bring her back with him to Neo Jior and Shoko will learn more about him through her.
Old 2013-10-21, 16:51   Link #1158
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
The thing with Lieselotte is she's the only person we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that L-Elf cares about. That makes her the most likely source of drama for his character and killing her would be the easiest way to do that. Albeit there are more interesting scenarios than that but if the writer's only mean to use her as a plot device I can see that happening unfortunately.

And L-Elf's past isn't going to protect him from present day drama if Saki and other mecha protagonists are anything to go by.
That depends on if L-elf becomes a Magius or not. It's entirely possible that he can become a Magius without becoming a Valvrave pilot, and if he does become a pilot, he is physically compatible, since Cain, who sent him there with the others intended for L-11 to pilot. As he is a Magius himself, he had to know what the Valvraves were capable off, and wouldn't have sent someone who would simply die the minute they got in the thing.
Also, we're not sure what otherworldly consequences would come from Haruto continuing to feed off of him. Also, I have a feeling this whole "sharing the consequences" thing is going to come back somewhere.

As for Lieselotte, I don't think they will kill her off, at least not right away. Nunnally survived Code Geass despite her being Lelouch's biggest weakness. And there is also Shoko who was Haruto's biggest Achilles heel in the beginning (and still is to some degree), and I among many were simply tallying up her death flags. Yet somehow she survived by all odds the first season, though I'm not so sure about the second one. I have a feeling that this keeping of secrets from her is going to really backfire, and even if Shoko lives, I have a feeling she won't be left unscathed.

Anyway, Lieselotte is actually pretty similar to Nunnally in that she's a displaced princess who is wise but kind. She has a brother (or half brother) voiced by FukuJun, and a revolutionary tactical genius who cares for her and will protect her before anything else.
Now if she becomes the new ruler of her nation or not, remains to be seen. However, with what we see in the timejumps, whatever rule she manages, will not last long.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-21, 19:16   Link #1159
Key Board
Carbon

She's Tianzi

but I think she'll might end up like Euphemia
Old 2013-10-21, 19:58   Link #1160
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Looking at the opening where Lise show up and shattered like glass, I say that a foreshadow right there.