AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-06-17, 13:27   Link #3281
Knight-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Hey at least he's human enough to care about Kei, be grateful with this yeah

That being said it just means protecting Kei is his priority, he will help other students at some point I am sure of it "other than Hirato and Horikta"
but only if he's near or is available to help them, if there's some slight condition going against that, he will let them fry
Old 2018-06-18, 15:05   Link #3282
devil_slayer

You can't expect much from Kiyo yet he's still twisted bastard with dark view on the world although it same time it can be viewed as naive, I can't see Kiyo changing unless someone completely defeats him
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 01:47   Link #3283
iBeast

Hoping for a Season 2.

I have no issues with them utilizing Horikita more (best girl for me) over the other chick. I also like how the anime depicts 50% as opposed to the novel where he's way too emotional.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 02:56   Link #3284
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Hoping for a Season 2.

I have no issues with them utilizing Horikita more (best girl for me) over the other chick. I also like how the anime depicts 50% as opposed to the novel where he's way too emotional.
If they decide to make a new season, Kadokawa would never let Lerche do that again, Karuizawa is their new money machine. She is the fan favorite, number one in popularity in Japan and majority of the fans love the Ayanokoji x Karuizawa ship. Also, Anime and LN Ayanokoji are basically the same, the only difference is that we can read his thoughts in the novel, his reactions are more internal while he remains stoic on the outside.
Old 2018-06-26, 03:02   Link #3285
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamaki Izayoi View Post
If they decide to make a new season, Kadokawa would never let Lerche do that again, Karuizawa is their new money machine. She is the fan favorite, number one in popularity in Japan and majority of the fans love the Ayanokoji x Karuizawa ship. Also, Anime and LN Ayanokoji are basically the same, the only difference is that we can read his thoughts in the novel, his reactions are more internal while he remains stoic on the outside.
Over Ichinose?

Anyway, must be a Japan thing. Almost everyone outside of Japan enjoyed the anime.
Old 2018-06-26, 03:03   Link #3286
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
Over Ichinose?
Yeah, she surpassed Ichinose in popularity.
Old 2018-06-26, 03:33   Link #3287
Kwikk

Quote:
Over Ichinose?
Spoiler for Poll:

The gap must be smaller between Kei and Ichinose in Japan as many Chinese have voted too (and Kei is by far the most popular there) but she's the most popular in Japan too now.
Kwikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 07:17   Link #3288
Jason25th

Quote:
Over Ichinose?

Anyway, must be a Japan thing. Almost everyone outside of Japan enjoyed the anime.
Kei surpassed Ichinose after the legendary Rooftop Scene.

Yes, because they don't know the original material.
The anime had negative feedback in Japan because of the changes. although the Light Novel has increased its sales.
Jason25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 12:01   Link #3289
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Over Ichinose?

when the anime came out the novel was practically unknown out of there, if at that time all the volume had already been translated here (until the 6) and the anime had left, the reaction would probably be equal to Japanese.

People are already desperate when a sentence is changed in an adaptation .......
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 12:56   Link #3290
Jord
Banned

Quote:
Over Ichinose?

Is not only a Japan thing, is everywhere. Why that happened? because of the last volumes (5 to 7.5). The anime is not gonna get a second season because it was mediocre at best and flopped super hard, since the anime got a lot of criticism because of the Director who was a Horikita fan, viewers moved to the LN boosting the sales.

The difference is that in Japan the reaction was overwhelming since they have the source material right away showing how mayor scenes were given to Horikita when they belong to other characters and that's a bad move. If this light novel gets a second season they need to change the director right away and stick to the source material instead of ruining it.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 13:07   Link #3291
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Is not only a Japan thing, is everywhere. Why that happened? because of the last volumes (5 to 7.5). The anime is not gonna get a second season because it was mediocre at best and flopped super hard, since the anime got a lot of criticism because of the Director who was a Horikita fan, viewers moved to the LN boosting the sales.
the anime can still perfectly gain a second season, BD sales benefit the studio, but it is not the studio alone that decided whether or not an anime will be produced, if Kadokawa and other product companies form a production committee, we will have a second season, you can imagine the amount of shirts, dolls, etc that will have Karuizawa's face that will be sold at events?

remember, what decided to produce an anime is the production committee formed by several groups that seek to profit in some way as a series, not just BD selling, there are several subjects about it on site like animenewsnetwork.

being mediocre does not prevent the series from continuing, Tokyo Ghoul: re is proof of that.
Old 2018-06-26, 13:15   Link #3292
Jord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
the anime can still perfectly gain a second season, BD sales benefit the studio, but it is not the studio alone that decided whether or not an anime will be produced, if Kadokawa and other product companies form a production committee, we will have a second season, you can imagine the amount of shirts, dolls, etc that will have Karuizawa's face that will be sold at events?

remember, what decided to produce an anime is the production committee formed by several groups that seek to profit in some way as a series, not just BD selling, there are several subjects about it on site like animenewsnetwork.

being mediocre does not prevent the series from continuing, Tokyo Ghoul: re is proof of that.
Yeah you're right on that one, is a possibility but very unlikely to happen since studios can't afford wasting money every time, see what happened with IMS.

You pointed something very important, Karuizawa. That's why if there is a second season the production staff should focus on being faithful to the source.

Why you're so mean, I like tokyo ghoul (the manga) and is so sad to see how it gets destroyed on the anime
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 13:48   Link #3293
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
Yeah you're right on that one, is a possibility but very unlikely to happen since studios can't afford wasting money every time, see what happened with IMS.

You pointed something very important, Karuizawa. That's why if there is a second season the production staff should focus on being faithful to the source.

Why you're so mean, I like tokyo ghoul (the manga) and is so sad to see how it gets destroyed on the anime
The production committee hires the studio and already pays for the production of the anime and that includes the salary of the animators, this is also one of the reasons that the animation industry grows each year in Japan, but the studio money does not and also this is one of the reasons the production committee is something so used, this method in many cases prevents the studio of use its own money. The problem with this method is that the studio has no rights over the anime created, meaning the money collected with the goods sold other than the BD does not go to the studio.

Is it an infallible method?

No, some studios go bankrupt because sometimes they need to use their own money, and also the more money they use from the production committee to create the anime, less money they get.

But why would it be profitable to invest in a second season of Youkoso?

simply Karuizawa, she has many fans, has already become the official face of the series, imagine the amount of products that would sell with her face.

Kadokawa and the At-X channel would be one of the investors easily. the anime does not have to be good, just spread the image of her.

if you want an anime to have a great technical quality, you need Toho to be part of the production committee, see the case of Boku no Hero, Houseki no Kuni, Kekkai sensen.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2018-06-26 at 14:11.
Old 2018-06-27, 07:37   Link #3294
Jason25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
(
Dude, Lerche didn't participate in the production committee. Here the members:

Media Factory
Crunchyroll
AT-X
AKABEISOFT2
Lantis
Sony Music
Tora no Ana
Kadokawa Media House

Kadokawa was the main sponsor and the LN sales responded very well. The chances of second season depend on Kadokawa.
Jason25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 09:25   Link #3295
LG-MAX 2.o

for the curious, Volume 6 began to be translated.

As a result of the battle between Ayanokouji and Manabu, Ayano began to be ignored by Ike and Yamauchi, and we also have the revelation that Ayano was not totally serious when he ran with Manabu.
Old 2018-06-28, 13:01   Link #3296
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikk View Post
Spoiler for Poll:

The gap must be smaller between Kei and Ichinose in Japan as many Chinese have voted too (and Kei is by far the most popular there) but she's the most popular in Japan too now.
Holy hell the domination tho, remind me of Rem from Re;Zero....

I want to see poll form Japan tho
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 01:03   Link #3297
pervypig

I like how even Kushida got more votes than Horikita...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 09:01   Link #3298
LG-MAX 2.o

I think Kushida is one of serie's most interesting characters, and I love her having an antagonistic relationship with 50%, I really pray this does not change.
Old 2018-06-30, 09:47   Link #3299
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason25th View Post
Kei surpassed Ichinose after the legendary Rooftop Scene.

Yes, because they don't know the original material.
The anime had negative feedback in Japan because of the changes. although the Light Novel has increased its sales.
The image scan of that was nice, indeed.

The changes in the anime were for the better. Either the light novels in Japan must be really well written or the translations are really just this bad...
Old 2018-06-30, 10:50   Link #3300
LG-MAX 2.o

well, regardless of whether someone prefers the anime or the novel, it is at least coherent to cite that the anime is full of scenes that do not make sense, like Horikita's speech in episode 8, and the way she behaves afterwards.

but personally, I do not discuss personal preference as I do not enter into discussions about waifu.

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller