AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 00:44   Link #481
Shadow5YA

I'm liking the transition to the ED. It reminds me of Toradora, and makes the ED seem more fitting with the mood of the series.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 00:57   Link #482
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garfield View Post
My thought exactly
Spoiler for Yukiatsu:

Anyway another great episode, and another few moments when i have tears in my eyes. Love it!
Spoiler for Episode 3:
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:04   Link #483
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Goodness, I was expecting a school episode today but got more developments instead... Gread character development though... :3

Spoiler for Episode 3 Thoughts...:
This episode didn't rely on nostalgia or anything like that, yet it still turned out solid. We're seeing the characters a bit more fleshed out, and now next Friday certainly can't come quickly enough... >.<

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:04   Link #484
hilly
hilly

My theory is:
Spoiler for theory:
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:29   Link #485
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:42   Link #486
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

I think everyone see's their own version of Menma. but that'd be strange.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:43   Link #487
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's a little sad/hilarious watching people in this thread getting angry over how Anaru pals badmouth Jinta and sympathizing with his situation, and in the next breath the same people criticize Yukiatsu and call him a sicko.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:49   Link #488
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It's a little sad/hilarious watching people in this thread getting angry over how Anaru pals badmouth Jinta and sympathizing with his situation, and in the next breath the same people criticize Yukiatsu and call him a sicko.
Well first of all, I said I felt sorry for Yukiatsu. But I'm a bit puzzled - are you equating Jinta's staying home from school with Yukiatsu's possibly sniffing and wearing a dead girl's dress?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:49   Link #489
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
We sympathize with Jinta because we've seen enough about him to empathize with him. We call Yukiatsu a sicko because the only two things we know about him are that he goes to a prestigious school and that he sniffs Menma's clothes. And then some of us think he cross-dresses as a dead girl.

Honestly, I wonder if that's the case, but...
Old 2011-04-29, 01:49   Link #490
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Well, Jinta's criticisms are warranted. he's a very flawed character. i personally don't like him that much.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 01:53   Link #491
winkel

Jinta: "There's an eggshell in here"

Menma: "Umm... Calcium?"

She's too cute.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 02:00   Link #492
Sebasu
~

Holy crap.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-29, 02:08   Link #493
ipodi

Quote:
Yes, because sniffing your dead friend's garment is disturbing. I hope you can see such an action is more disturbing than someone who has succumbed to peer pressure and engaged in gossiping.
ipodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 02:09   Link #494
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Well first of all, I said I felt sorry for Yukiatsu. But I'm a bit puzzled - are you equating Jinta's staying home from school with Yukiatsu's possibly sniffing and wearing a dead girl's dress?

It goes with libertarianism: I'm an advocate of the principle that people should be allowed and encouraged to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't bother anyone else, even if I personally disagree with whatever they are doing I have no place criticizing other people or imposing my morals. On that light, Jinta's or Yukiatsu's actions are no better or worse when compared with each other.

Which in this case strikes me as very sad: Except for you and a few others, people are quick to defend someone they identify with, but are quick to criticize the person they don't. Which doesn't make them any different that the 'cool girls' that they seem to despise.

Well, in the end that's part of what makes us human I guess. Including me :/

Quote:
Yes, because sniffing your dead friend's garment is disturbing
I'm quoting you since you put in what many people in this thread think so concisely, but this is a general question. May I ask you who decided that? Yes, it's rhetorical.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 02:18   Link #495
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'd have to agree with Proto. People are too quick to be judgmental on Yukiatsu, the poor guy is screwed up like Jintan and everyone's ragging on him.

Though perhaps the reason for this is that unlike Jintan, he's actively being antagonistic to other people, specifically Jintan. Jintan hasn't directly hurt anybody.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 02:20   Link #496
Aesthetic Shampoo

At first, i thought the theory that Yukiatsu was crossdressing was a a bit far-fetched, but after watching him buy girly accessories I have little doubt left. But why would he bring Tsurumi with him?

At the end though, I'm certain he was lying.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 02:50   Link #497
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Which in this case strikes me as very sad: Except for you and a few others, people are quick to defend someone they identify with, but are quick to criticize the person they don't. Which doesn't make them any different that the 'cool girls' that they seem to despise.

Well, in the end that's part of what makes us human I guess. Including me :/
To be fair, I'd like to think that if most of us met Yukiatsu in real life, we wouldn't criticize him in front of his face. If the girls were shown to think that to themselves, but refrained from saying anything, they'd probably be much more favorable. I personally don't like the girls because they're openly demeaning to other people. On an internet forum where people gather to post their impressions on shows, you should expect things like this, but I'd like to think real life interactions work differently.

In my defense, the only time I thought Yukiatsu was sick was during the sniffing scene, and I took back that thought. He just hasn't shown any redeeming traits for me to find him anything more than interesting at this point.
Old 2011-04-29, 03:04   Link #498
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Caught up on the last 2 episodes...

This show is pretty hard to watch, I'll say. It's very depressing, and I can see a lot of the characters just breaking under the trauma. Some worse than others of course. It looks like all of them can feel Menma in some way, which is why I thought it odd that Menma was running around talking to the others.

Fortunately, there's some funny and cute moments, nokemon lol. I thought that was a great scene where they could relax and be kids again. The get together in episode 3 was great too, when everyone realized what they had in common. But holy crap, Tsuriko is one cold bitch to say all that to Naruko, and she even went "cool story bro" to her later on.

In any case, the show manages just enough comedy to make the mood not completely depressing and to uplift the audience's spirit. Props to the writers for maintaining this fragile balance.

A common theme that seems to be that they're all basically the same people they were despite all the other changes they went through.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, huh? Together, maybe they can finally move on. Menma probably wants that.

Episode 2: 8/10, Episode 3: 9/10 This along with Steins;gate is the cream of the crop for this season. The ED song also rocks.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 03:08   Link #499
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Since I didn't say anything about Jinta being badmouthed, then I guess it is okay for me~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
But why would he bring Tsurumi with him?
Because it would look weird for him to buy female clothes on his own? Thanks to Tsuruko, people would think he is buying for her, like the store assistant did.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 03:15   Link #500
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
This show is pretty hard to watch, I'll say. It's very depressing, and I can see a lot of the characters just breaking under the trauma. Some worse than others of course. It looks like all of them can feel Menma in some way, which is why I thought it odd that Menma was running around talking to the others.
Honestly, I wonder about that. It's depressing for us, because we're slowly seeing the issues and trauma the characters face, but the worst has already happened to these characters. At this point, I feel like it'll just be their stress surfacing and then slowly healing.

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy