AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-18, 18:58   Link #121
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Well, if you want her to be a non-fictional human who's actually present on the island, you have to contend with the person limit. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there.

Of course, you could also claim she's a supernatural entity and doesn't count as a person, but then you have to deal with Eva-Beatrice's "no elements other than humans participate on this game board."
Old 2010-01-18, 19:00   Link #122
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post

Of course, you could also claim she's a supernatural entity and doesn't count as a person, but then you have to deal with Eva-Beatrice's "no elements other than humans participate on this game board."
But doesn't that only count for that game?
Old 2010-01-18, 19:11   Link #123
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
But doesn't that only count for that game?
Yeah, but then you have to explain why she mysteriously ceased to exist for only that game.
Old 2011-01-03, 17:40   Link #124
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

I'm content with her being a supernatural being which doesn't affect the game-board in the least, as long as she's with Mata Battler. Yes, I can be that shallow at times....

But anyway, I couldn't care less if she's a pig turned into a princess by Lambda, she's damn funny and an incredible Game Master (after all, no other episode after 4 was ever finished) unlike all the other GM (And, just for the record, I'm blaming Lambda and Battler's failure on Erika and Bern, who didn't allow the episodes to rune their course).
Old 2011-04-11, 23:15   Link #125
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

So is Beatrice from EP 1-5 the same as Beatrice from EP 6-8?
Old 2011-04-11, 23:29   Link #126
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Well, if you want her to be a non-fictional human who's actually present on the island, you have to contend with the person limit. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there.

I would say that the "no elements other than humans participate on this game board." makes sense if you think of Beatrice as the creation of the human imagination. She is completely a product of humans, but exists on the immaterial level of emotions and consciousness rather then material reality.
Old 2011-04-12, 14:41   Link #127
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
So is Beatrice from EP 1-5 the same as Beatrice from EP 6-8?
Essentially, yea.
Old 2011-06-23, 13:36   Link #128
Michiyo

Since the happy-go-lucky sadistic characters are totally my favourites, it would only be natural that I really really like Beato too.
She was really funny acting all innocent just to let Battler think he won, so that she can strike him from behind when she got the ocasion (metaphorically speaking ). She is cunning and I like cunning people.

The fact that she looks like an elegant European young lady is much more pleasing that looking like and old hag full of warts. It's only natural that it would be more pleaing to the eye and the anime would have more success.

So, is she French or Italian? O.o
Old 2011-06-23, 13:47   Link #129
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

1/4 Italian 3/4 Japanese

Old 2011-10-13, 19:02   Link #130
Yasu_ushiromiya
Beatrice the third

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Actually if she would be european she would be italian^^
Spoiler for Cause SHE IS ITALIAN:

Lol XD just kiddin, but it is truee^
Old 2011-10-13, 19:48   Link #131
kittylyoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasu_ushiromiya View Post
Spoiler for Cause SHE IS ITALIAN:

Lol XD just kiddin, but it is truee^
The comment was made in 2009.
EP 7 wasn't out until August 2010.
Old 2011-12-15, 03:19   Link #132
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Hello I was hoping to find someone who could do beatrice's voice in english. I am working on an abridged series based off detective academy Q. and I have a lot of umineko jokes in there, and it made sense to introduce beatrice in the series and have her be god. also if someone can make her lines sound more like her I would apperciate it, I did import when they cry 3 but I am still in the first book and only watch through the third arc of the anime, since around then I got my copy of the novels and found out first hand how bad of an adaptation studio deen did.

ASSISTANT/angela lansberry
Not until I explain your motive, amber alert.

GOD (beatrice)
Now see kyu pay attention her truth actually has a point to it outside it being a reference to her name starting with A, and being an assistant

Kyu
yes lady

God
Lady how dare you assign your gender distinctions to me the almighty god,One day when you wake up you'll find yourself traped in a different reality as punishment for that.

Kyu
I'm sorry your allmightyness

God
will if I did it before Ryu becomes a regular in the series his army of fangirls and the manga translator would complain to me about it to no end so I guess I should wait until after then.

Assistant starts talking with what she says in amber subtitles

OR

Kyu
There is a Detective school, I am going to get in there even with a flunking grade on the written exam

Kinta
if you could then maybe even I could get into the top class.

Megu
Oh please get real, like either of those things could ever happen

Freeze frame and make the image gray

GOD
spoiler alert: it actually does

Last edited by tantei okuoku; 2011-12-15 at 03:24. Reason: added examples of beatrices lines
Old 2013-12-12, 16:19   Link #133
passer_by

I guess I will post my question here because it is Beatrice related. It may have been asked and answerd already but I did not find it.

Who was the arstist who drew the portrait of Beatrice? Who was the model posing for it?
Old 2013-12-12, 17:30   Link #134
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by passer_by View Post
I guess I will post my question here because it is Beatrice related. It may have been asked and answerd already but I did not find it.

Who was the arstist who drew the portrait of Beatrice? Who was the model posing for it?
The artist is unnamed but it's said he was given a photo by Kinzo to work with. The model of the photo is surely his mistress Beatrice, though it's unsure if it's the Beatrice who gave him the gold or the one he kept in Kuwadorian as the two resembled each other in an impressive manner.
Old 2013-12-12, 20:51   Link #135
passer_by

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
The artist is unnamed but it's said he was given a photo by Kinzo to work with. The model of the photo is surely his mistress Beatrice, though it's unsure if it's the Beatrice who gave him the gold or the one he kept in Kuwadorian as the two resembled each other in an impressive manner.
Thank you. I guess I did not reach this spot in manga yet.
I wander if family members asked Kinzo about this Though, he would just yell at them for all I know.
Old 2013-12-13, 15:11   Link #136
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by passer_by View Post
Thank you. I guess I did not reach this spot in manga yet.
I wander if family members asked Kinzo about this Though, he would just yell at them for all I know.
I think it's said at the end of Ep 8 visual novel version so as the manga hasn't reached that point yet you're in for a long way if you wait for it to be mentioned in the manga.
Closed Thread