Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 22:05   Link #561
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I did that once in another thread a month ago (was a link to youtube), and I got a warning telling me that it wasn't allowed. Just warning others.
Perhaps that video was one of those that included a place to DL it in the description, hence the reason you got the warning?

As I've seen just youtube links/videos of full anime songs used countless times without people getting warning. [Also last I'll comment on this here, since it's a bit off topic.]
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 22:27   Link #562
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

What I posted back in that thread didn't have a link to any DL, I made sure. But whatever, 'tis a lost cause/off-topic.
Old 2011-04-26, 01:35   Link #563
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yes. Full version of Youtube are not allowed, PERIOD. I was doing my own fansubbing efforts for karaoke in anime or anime related music videos and I got a stern warning for permanent Youtube account termination. I got a quick two strikes out of three.

Either some people try to bury their content amongst the many uploads the site has, or they do strange tricks like 'mirror imaging' the video or even cutting it off with a black bar down the middle so 'it's not exactly like the original' content.

Youtube is absolutely the worst place to try to put up anime related videos out. It doesn't matter which territory you're in. Companies like Flying Dog doesn't take any chances. Any moment you use their music or anime that has their music, etc, it is an immediate copyright infringement.

Just don't even try anymore. And yes, I did try uploading Nichijou related videos too. No avail.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 02:00   Link #564
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yes. Full version of Youtube are not allowed, PERIOD. I was doing my own fansubbing efforts for karaoke in anime or anime related music videos and I got a stern warning for permanent Youtube account termination. I got a quick two strikes out of three.
Meh said I wouldn't but... uh we were discussing AS's policy, not youtube's .
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2011-04-26 at 02:28.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 02:16   Link #565
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Heh, to be fair, both are getting way more stern about copyrights nowadays. Unless a website is fully 'off grid' in terms of copyright laws that is.
Old 2011-04-26, 02:40   Link #566
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFlcn View Post
How about some rock paper scissors bloopers?

Saisho wa guu! Sono tsugi paa! Guchopa wo nashi yo. Janken pon! :3
Old 2011-04-26, 07:59   Link #567
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Meh, either way, it looks like it'll at least sale around 6-8k BD/DVD if it doesn't pick up steam soon based off the rankings (it was just registered). Not a failure normally, but for KyoAni it'll be the first time they didn't produce a hit since FMP: The Second Raid.
You've forgot about Munto, but that's okay I'm sure most people and especially KyoAni want to forget about that. Seems like this is starting to slip down the preorder rankings already, definately not doing as well as Gintama (which is a lock for around 15k) which got solicited at the same time as this just about. In regards to sales for the Spring season it looks like falling behind Tiger & Bunny, Anohana, Hanasaku, Steins;gate, Gintama and shows like Ao no Exorcist have plenty of room to improve once they introduce the cast proper. Speaking of Munto it looks like this along with that will be the only two KyoAni shows not to get a subforum on AnimeSuki.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 08:22   Link #568
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You've forgot about Munto, but that's okay I'm sure most people and especially KyoAni want to forget about that. Seems like this is starting to slip down the preorder rankings already, definately not doing as well as Gintama (which is a lock for around 15k) which got solicited at the same time as this just about. In regards to sales for the Spring season it looks like falling behind Tiger & Bunny, Anohana, Hanasaku, Steins;gate, Gintama and shows like Ao no Exorcist have plenty of room to improve once they introduce the cast proper. Speaking of Munto it looks like this along with that will be the only two KyoAni shows not to get a subforum on AnimeSuki.
Wow. Just get the heck over it. Even with Munto, the problem was that they botched the marketing and production, not the actual creation of the animation, which turned out into pretty good eyecandy. The material didn't have much legs beneath it (a long established manga series or a visual novel/novel, etc) so in a way, it's understandable they stumbled a bit there.

And now we're judging entire shows on sales-figures? Wow. Just wow.
Old 2011-04-26, 08:30   Link #569
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
The material didn't have much legs beneath it (a long established manga series or a visual novel/novel, etc) so in a way, it's understandable they stumbled a bit there.
What excuse is this when Madoka a brand new original concept is about to become the second best selling anime tv series of all time behind only Evangelion? It's also the first original show by the Shinbo SHAFT period
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 09:14   Link #570
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Nichijou OP single out guys!

It's got some cool extra songs~
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 09:17   Link #571
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

That's kind of the thing though. It seems KyoAni does great manga/novel transitions while Shinbo/Shaft seems to thrive a bit more on original material.

That says more about the way Shinbo managed to knock Madoka out of the ballpark than anything. Still, I think it's unfair to say KyoAni botched it with Nichijou. Even comparing sales, I think that's kind of ridiculous to measure creative success of something (I actually prefer Nichijou's anime version at times) than not. Some brilliant shows out there like Tatami Galaxy and Wandering Son got middling or even HORRID viewership and that doesn't attest to the actual product's quality.
Old 2011-04-26, 09:21   Link #572
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What excuse is this when Madoka a brand new original concept is about to become the second best selling anime tv series of all time behind only Evangelion? It's also the first original show by the Shinbo SHAFT period
Most success shows were adaptation through, so the chance for originality was not always as high unless huge investment was made.

Anyway. back to Nichijou. Even when I found episode 0 did not quite meet with the expectation, and lots of jokes have been hit-or-miss. But the series have improved a lots and this episode is hilarious First i watched this for Nano and the loli Professor. Then i add the cat Sakamoto and that tsundere-bazooka-wielding on the list. Now finally Yukko and Mai jokes started hitting me.

The test was hilarious. Then the confession screen from Mai was one of the best in recent time (it's 50-50 that she's serious through, she rarely showed such face). Which then turned hilarious. I still can't stop smiling atm. Goddamn it , genius people out there

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-04-26 at 09:34.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 10:16   Link #573
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Munto was, at least partly, a remake of something people could get for free (if I recall it was two web based episodes back in 2003 and 2004). Also its run started around the ending of Clannad: After Story and during the run of the two web based Haruhi related shows. Almost no ones was paying Munto any real attention (I know I wasn't). And it was followed immediately by K-On and the relaunch of Haruhi in April. Basically Munto TV got lost in the string of 2009 KyoAni productions.

Nichijou on the other hand seem just fine. It has a tilting balance of cute/humor verse "What do you mean, It's Not awesome?"/humor going for it mixed with a few hit and miss culture/pun type jokes that people outside Japan might not get.

Lucky Star on the other hand had referance jokes and lots of character interaction going for it most of the time. It too had a few culture/pun jokes going on, but not quite so many (or at least not whole segments where that was the main joke). Probably the main thing keeping Nichijou from matching Lucky Star right now (aside from the reference jokes that didn't start coming in really heavy until after about the fifth episode anyway) is the character interactions. The dynamic between Kagami, Konata, and Tsukasa worked great for the entire series. Miyuki tends to be forgettable though. The rest of the cast als had nice interactions as they were introduced in the second half of the show.

In Nichijou (still getting use to typing that) the main character interaction that seems to work is Nano and the Professor (though Sakamoto-san seems to fit right in so that will remain amusing I think). Mio, Yuuko, and Mia don't quite have the interaction, at least on a friendship level to be as interesting to watch. However the absurdity/trolling humor that goes on in their segments works on a different level without the character interaction being as good. The gundere and farmercrat are really fun to watch as well. And I like Sakari-sensei, she's just too cute being completely overwhelmed by everything. Some of the other bits seem too culturally specific for me to get without someone having to explain the joke (the Principle/Vice Principle joke involving the doll and the natto for instance, of this weeks bits with the blonde girl and that guy playing some childrens game didn't make sense to me).

We will see how things go as things move on, as I've only read one volume of the manga, and the skits this time were getting beyond that. I expect two more from volume one and that's it until such time as they decide to have Nano start going to school.
Old 2011-04-26, 10:35   Link #574
jdennis007

I think this weeks episode showed a lot more promise for this series, more of the jokes were dead on in this episode.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 10:58   Link #575
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Comedy is a hard sell really because it's either you like the jokes or you don't. In K-ON and Lucky Star's case, they had moe to lie back on. While Nichijou has moe, the comedy is a lot more prominent so it's not as much of a hit to those geeky otaku. I mean you could already see Mio Akiyama daikamuras by the first episode but would otakus really want to hug the Mio here who's a fujoshi?

Just my opinion on this, btw I love this series.
Old 2011-04-26, 11:10   Link #576
Midonin
Last Engage

That post makes some really broad, kind of insulting statements about both otaku and fujoshi. This board always seems to treat them as an unknowable other, when in fact, they might be among us. And friendly.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 11:23   Link #577
klare

Yuuko is no match for Mai, she will always be tricked

that snowman looks like cheating money...
Old 2011-04-26, 11:50   Link #578
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Yuuko is no match for Mai, she will always be tricked

that snowman looks like cheating money...
Only Mai really understand Yukko antics, so i think they are actually a great pair

PS: but seriously, it's still hilarious for me no matter how many times i watched the interaction between Yukko and Mai in this episode (the test, the confession). So the fact that someone can't get the humor from such screens are quite beyond my line of thought (and i really means so, not try to be sarcastic or something). Is the joke in this anime that much hit-or-miss?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-04-26 at 12:36.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 12:36   Link #579
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That post makes some really broad, kind of insulting statements about both otaku and fujoshi. This board always seems to treat them as an unknowable other, when in fact, they might be among us. And friendly.
Um, they are us? Many of us must look like otaku to people with less knowledge of and devotion to anime, as those with more look like otaku to us. And what's wrong with a little BL? Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi is a pretty good show, whatever your sexual preference.

As for Mai, I thought she was terrific. I was completely lost, just like Yuuko. Great drawing and animation, and nice work by Togashi Misuzu, who was Minatsu in Seitokai no Ichizon (the sporty one), and sings with Lia's group veil. She sang lead on one version of the Fortune Arterial ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 15:51   Link #580
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I don't know why, but for some reason I have found this series to be REALLY funny ... I can't tell you how many times I have literally laughed at loud at these eps so far!

But curiously it seems that amongst many of my fellow anime watchers I am the only one "in this boat".

Ah well....

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life