Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-02, 18:51   Link #1
NeoChan
Banned

MMORPG Games Recommendation

I'm been an addict in MMORPG games wasting my allowances for games cards. After going to college, I gone low and focus on my studies.

Now that I have my own salary to spend, I wish to be introduce to the newest most popular games in town (or World?). There are so many online games in the market and I hope you guys could recommend based on your experience.

Features I need to know includes:

Name of Game
Characters to choose
Skills
Other (videos or pictures of your actual characters)

Just waiting to be informed drives my adrenaline...!!!
Old 2012-05-02, 19:46   Link #2
SagaraSouske

Really depends on what you prefer, the two that currently hold my interest are:

Guild War 2 (Plenty of video on Youtube, you should research a bit yourself to decide on characters)
Casual friendly, good art direction, no grind, Solid PVP. No raiding and prob not too much PVE for hardcore players. Action oriented combat without holy trinity of tank, dps, healer.
Release date is prob some time later this year.

Blade and Soul (Check http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com for info and also lots of video on youtube)
Prob graphically the most gorgeous game out there. Very good art style but heavy eastern influence. A different combat system based more on counter/parry/block and strategic use of skills then straight dps/cc approach, also without tank, dps, healer holy trinity. Will have some grind. Decent amount PVE content and interesting PVP.
Release date in NA/EU prob 2013.

Prob looking forward to Blade and Soul more as GW2 while fun does not seem to have legs unless you really into competitive PVP.
Old 2012-05-02, 19:47   Link #3
jedinat

Forget MMORPGs. Diablo freaking III comes out in 13 days.
Old 2012-05-02, 19:49   Link #4
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
*EDIT : For the record, none of the three games above are actually released. They're just telling about what upcoming games to be excited about.

There's to many too much open space to work with. I'm someone who plays every game for a short period of time. So it's a bit overwhelming for me to come up with a name. You'll need to give some more details of what you're looking for.

Are you looking at Asian or Western games? I can suggest you Continent of the Ninth but you won't be able to play it unless you got a KSSN

I think the highest volume game is still WoW today

There's hardly any other mmorpgs that sticks out. Guildwars 2 may supersede because it's the only decent Western MMORPG to be released for quite some time.

And you're requiring a bit too much raw information. Nobody's gonna name every character and skill for every mmorpg they suggest.

Here's some one's accessible here in Canada that are fully released for quite a while and developed a large player base:

Spoiler for Lord of the Rings:

-==================-
Spoiler for Vindictus:

-================-
Spoiler for Perfect World:

-==============-
Spoiler for Rift:

-=============-
If I were to play any fully released mmorpg that's still vastly active, it would be WoW or RagnaroK. Honestly, there's not much so far that's yet taken the crown in Western ORPG. I wanted to try out Kingdom Under Fire II but I could not get my hands on it. It's a massive open-battlefield medieval war mmorpg (you're a lone hero).

Random dump of stuff I tried after quitting RagnaroK Online and didn't really enjoy but you might?:
Star Wars: the Old Republic, Eve, Rusty Hearts, Aion, Age of Conan, Cabal, Rohan, Neo-steam, Lineage 3, Sword of the New World, AIKA, Dragon Quest (is this out of beta?)

I'm personally waiting on Guild Wars 2 and Titan. I play random mmorpgs amongst the ones I have installed whenever I'm bored.

There's also S4 League, GunZ, and all the MOBA's like HoN, DotA2, LoL, LOCO, SotIS which are mutiplayer online games (not rpg)

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-05-02 at 20:05.
Old 2012-05-02, 20:00   Link #5
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Old favorite of mine

TANTRA ONLINE: KATHANA VI

Character/Tribe: Garuda ( Abikara Class aka "Nukers")

Skills:

Others: The Combo is amazing!!!
Old 2012-05-02, 20:26   Link #6
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

^ That character's panties are sooooo blurry compared to everything else >: ( WTH
Old 2012-05-02, 20:28   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
^ That characters panties are sooooo blurry compared to everything else >: ( WTH
Even in games, you pay attention to panties??
Old 2012-05-02, 20:32   Link #8
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Even in games, you pay attention to panties??
In my defence: Not only panties, also bras.... and BIG ASS SWORDS
Old 2012-05-02, 20:34   Link #9
NeoChan
Banned

@ Genji Chan> hey, I've seen a friend of mine play this game but his HP is way far from the Garuda at the picture.... Is that a GM???
Old 2012-05-02, 21:12   Link #10
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
TERA Online

/endthread (Go look it up, look for videos etc, and look at the thread in AS.) All I'll say is that forget about the MMO's that require no skill, those tab-targeting mmo's with boring combat. TERA is the answer. It's also graphically definitely the best looking MMO out there. The mentioned Blade and Soul doesn't even come close.

Too lazy to post anything else but here's my character casting Fireblast, and some screenies of the game to show just how awesome it really looks like graphic wise. ;

Images
Sorcerer
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Screenies
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-05-03, 16:19   Link #11
SagaraSouske

Lol you might like Tera art style better. But to say B&S wasn't even close is a bit biased since both use modified version of Unreal 3 Engine and B&S has not been released yet.

Neither GW2 nor B&S require tab targeting and they are both more action oriented then Tera. In Tera once the skill is used on a target it cannot miss. Both GW2 and B&S you are able to dodge skills being used on you during the action. I am not judging whose combat system is better but don't classify GW2 and B&S as tab-targeting MMOs with boring combat when they are not.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:01   Link #12
VinnyI
Avid drinker of alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
^ this should have ended the thread.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:35   Link #13
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyI View Post
^ this should have ended the thread.
So I would have thought. D3 will have all the addictiveness of the best MMOs without most of the crap plaguing that genre...
Old 2012-05-04, 00:39   Link #14
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Lol you might like Tera art style better. But to say B&S wasn't even close is a bit biased since both use modified version of Unreal 3 Engine and B&S has not been released yet.

Neither GW2 nor B&S require tab targeting and they are both more action oriented then Tera. In Tera once the skill is used on a target it cannot miss. Both GW2 and B&S you are able to dodge skills being used on you during the action. I am not judging whose combat system is better but don't classify GW2 and B&S as tab-targeting MMOs with boring combat when they are not.
Maybe you should play TERA and not judge by what you seen on videos. Most of the skills in TERA are not even lock on, except few from Sorcerers. Also lock on skills CAN be avoided by two ways ; Knock down the caster before the spell reaches you (though this seems sorta like a bug..), or just simply avoid it. No, you can't avoid it by running but using Dodge (slayers) or Teleport it CAN be avoided if you do it just as the skill is about to hit you.

Every other skill is not even lock on and can definitely be dodged. Do you even know what kind of skills are in TERA? Most of my skills as a Sorcerer are either AoE or sort of like throw skills, and you can easily avoid them by dodging.

Oh and next time, read someone's post again before posting. Would you mind quoting me where I said GW2 and B&S are tab-targeting? Indeed .. I never said that. I only talked of them graphic wise.

Also I looked a video of B&S and it was enough. It was clear that TERA looks much better than B&S. Just because it's on Unreal engine doesn't mean it'll look the same. And I don't think I have to explain why TERA > GW2 graphic wise. But yes as you said, it's a matter of opinion. BS has sort of different art and scenic style than TERA so they're not really comparable. But GW2 really doesn't come close on either of these two.
Old 2012-05-04, 10:58   Link #15
SagaraSouske

May be I misread your post since you basically mentioned about all those other mmos that require tab targeting and then bring up B&S in the same paragraph. And the language used seem to implied MMOs from earlier posts in an offhanded way - Tera is better and all other MMO out there are junk.

No I didn't play Tera, I guess I should not make a statement about Tera's combat when I didn't fully experience it. But since neither GW2 and B&S are out yet. my comparison were based on game play videos of all three games of course.

As for B&S video being far inferior then Teras. I still think that's your bias showing since you are playing Tera and apparent is a devote fan of the game. If you look at recent CB3 video of B&S, or even CB2 B&S videos, they are on the same quality as Tera. One person may prefer Tera character models and art style over B&S or vise versa. They are definitely on par with each other in terms of graphics. It's quite a stretch to say B&S is far worse or cannot compare.

GW2 on the other hand I agree cannot compete in pure graphics department.

Anyways, I have nothing against Tera and it is a good game. Just I personally prefer B&S and GW2 over it and there isn't really enough time to play more then 1 MMO at a time. Promoting a game you like is fine but there is no need to bash other games. Let them stand on their own merit. Besides, this is a suggestion thread, let the OP make his own decision.
Old 2012-05-05, 05:33   Link #16
Silverwyrm

I'm gonna have to coin in for Tera, I impulse bought it randomly and have not regretted (I havent tried B&S).

However, Diablo 3 is around the corner as well...
Old 2012-05-07, 04:57   Link #17
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Not everyone is obsessed about D3 as others are. In fact, some may not even like D3. Just because you might think D3 is the best game in the universe doesn't mean everyone's gonna join it. And even if OP liked D3 .. I don't think anyone in the forums is dedicated to a single freaking game only refusing to play any other. Even I play other stuff aside from TERA.

Either way, I have a feeling that the OP has forgotten about this thread..
Old 2012-05-07, 05:08   Link #18
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
No I didn't play Tera, I guess I should not make a statement about Tera's combat when I didn't fully experience it. But since neither GW2 and B&S are out yet. my comparison were based on game play videos of all three games of course.
Anyone who played TERA for one minute would've lol'd @ your post, also GW2 had a Beta weekend, it's tab targeting lol.
Old 2012-05-07, 05:26   Link #19
sa547
*Author

The best types of MMOs are those that don't require too much grinding, but emphasize instead on greater exploration and adventuring (with meaningful rewards in accomplishing a quest), along with boss battles with large parties.

In this case, it's hard not to mention World of Warcraft, and then there's only a small number of MMOs that don't fall into the grinding trap.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-07 at 06:11.
Old 2012-05-07, 06:02   Link #20
Aesthetic Shampoo

^ This would be the part you give us an example

Well, i'm just putting it out there. MAPLE STORY!!!!!!!!! God it was fun back in the day.
Closed Thread