AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-08-17, 04:42   Link #621
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I think comparing Trump with any other USA president is like comparing fruits and meat and is proof of where Trump true genius is. There are several lists of the best and the worst presidents in the USA. But I can bet that none at the bottom of any list actively and in plain sight worked to dismantle the institutions that support the government. Trump in that regard is no different from Hugo Chavez, who became the democratically elected president and became the defacto dictator of Venezuela until he died.
LOL first one to point this out, really not laughing matter.

Both of them. Win election by blaming whaever socio-economic problems, abuse power to keep opossition at bay, create/use a huge media platform to broadcast biased propaganda, invest lot of money on military, if something goes wrong it's the opposition fault, used up all the federal reserve, and the list go on.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 15:39   Link #622
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

CNN Host Does Lazy Propaganda Puff Piece On Kamala VP Pick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x16Ep8NTG58
Old 2020-08-19, 00:02   Link #623
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm glad it wasn't Hillary Clinton.

I mean. With the way 2020 was going, you're never sure.

//
Every damn thing she warned us about in 2016 came to pass but sure, let's keep demonizing her.
LOL, even after losing to Trump she's got no favours! Poor woman, what must she do to be liked?
I would think there's no worse punishment in hell than losing an election to Trump!

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-19, 01:08   Link #624
Ithekro
Gamilas Rises

Isn't she due in court for something in September?
Old 2020-08-19, 01:30   Link #625
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That ridiculous deposition order was unanimously tossed out by the Appellate Court.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 03:02   Link #626
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe not so smart for Drumpf to build his argument around the idea that Biden is a drooling vegetable who can’t string together two sentences. Nothing like helping your opponent out by lowering expectations to a hilarious degree.
Old 2020-08-21, 06:48   Link #627
James Rye

Yeah, the "Netflix Convention" was surprisingly entertaining and very well done. And compared to past 150 Million dollar expensive Conventions this one was very cheap. Also think the whole quiet alone talking time without being interrupted by cheers and thunder claps helped Biden to focus not on the crowd but on himself and his text and it showed. Hope the debates also go well for Biden.
Old 2020-08-21, 11:31   Link #628
Key Board
Carbon

I do wonder if Steve Bannon's arrest is going to amount to anything.
Trump seems to be treating Bannon like a hot potato, but Bannon probably knows some secrets that could damage him.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 11:48   Link #629
Psyco Diver

This is again one of those elections where I wish we have more viable candidates. Biden is a joke and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what's going on and Trump is the McBoatface of the political world. Both parties have great people but never get far. The 2 political party has got to end, either add more major parties or get rid of them all
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 12:43   Link #630
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I do wonder if Steve Bannon's arrest is going to amount to anything.
Trump seems to be treating Bannon like a hot potato, but Bannon probably knows some secrets that could damage him.
Well he could cut a deal with prosecutors and testify about other matters they are interested in. We now see why Barr was so anxious to decapitate the SDNY, a clumsy effort that ended in failure. I'm guessing the prosecutors have other cases to pursue, some involving the President.

Remember, too, that pardons are a double-edged sword. If Trump were to pardon Bannon, Steve would lose his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. He could then be forced to testify under subpoena.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 13:16   Link #631
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well he could cut a deal with prosecutors and testify about other matters they are interested in. We now see why Barr was so anxious to decapitate the SDNY, a clumsy effort that ended in failure. I'm guessing the prosecutors have other cases to pursue, some involving the President.

Remember, too, that pardons are a double-edged sword. If Trump were to pardon Bannon, Steve would lose his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination. He could then be forced to testify under subpoena.
Let's say that happens, and he testifies he doesn't know anything. Then what?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 19:03   Link #632
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
In theory, he's then guilty of felony perjury if info comes out that proves he was lying. Of course if Trump is still president, he could always pardon him again.
Old 2020-08-22, 12:25   Link #633
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That assumes that only Bannon knows what's true. Prosecutors usually have a lot of other evidence to bring to bear in cases like this. Perjury in Federal proceedings is a pretty substantial felony. And Trump won't be around to pardon him again when any future trial might begin.
Old 2020-08-22, 19:01   Link #634
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Optimistically.
Old 2020-08-22, 23:00   Link #635
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Last I saw Bannon he was anti-ccp and stuff with this Gou HK billionaire. Then now, he got scooped up. Well, it is nearing elections and more dramas will unfold I suppose. Audio clips, dirty plays and things. But I'm sure any dirt associated with the Democrats will be covered up. They're all prepared this time. They got all bases covered. And I saw.

For the last four years, I've seen enough low and dirty plays from the Democrats. I hope Trump should match the efforts, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Level the field. Actually, hit them harder is good.

This election really is all about Trump. Those who hate Trump will vote for Biden. Those who love Trump will vote for Trump. I don't think I'll vote (because I never did) but I hope Trump wins.

The only thing I want to do is change my affiliated political party from Democrat to Republican. I have my red Tokyo hat and I haven't worn it yet for the fear that those crazy Trump haters will attack me from behind. Heck, that's what people are amount to these days.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-23, 10:01   Link #636
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Really weak and lazy effort promoting conspiracy theories considering who at SDNY was investigating what.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-23, 10:44   Link #637
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Last I saw Bannon he was anti-ccp and stuff with this Gou HK billionaire. Then now, he got scooped up. Well, it is nearing elections and more dramas will unfold I suppose. Audio clips, dirty plays and things. But I'm sure any dirt associated with the Democrats will be covered up. They're all prepared this time. They got all bases covered. And I saw.

For the last four years, I've seen enough low and dirty plays from the Democrats. I hope Trump should match the efforts, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Level the field. Actually, hit them harder is good.

This election really is all about Trump. Those who hate Trump will vote for Biden. Those who love Trump will vote for Trump. I don't think I'll vote (because I never did) but I hope Trump wins.

The only thing I want to do is change my affiliated political party from Democrat to Republican. I have my red Tokyo hat and I haven't worn it yet for the fear that those crazy Trump haters will attack me from behind. Heck, that's what people are amount to these days.
Well... After the horrible responses to protests, Covid and the economy, anyone running against Trump should win by a landslide. However, it seems that democrats are far too stupid nominate competent candidates that can energize voters, most people voting for Biden are doing so because he is not Trump, that's it, but there is no substantive policy or clear message.

It seems to me that both parties are doing their absolute best to lose the election.

Rejoyce! Trump has a 50/50 chance of winning at this point!
Old 2020-08-23, 11:11   Link #638
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No, he doesn't.

https://projects.economist.com/us-20...cast/president

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/
Old 2020-08-23, 18:55   Link #639
kari-no-sugata II

Indeed.

Just mentioning this for anyone who doesn't follow this closely but for the 538 model, that's their prediction for the actual election that's has many days to go, not if the election was tomorrow. They said that if they took the current poll numbers and ran the model as if it was just before the election Biden had a 92% chance of winning, or something. So the reason it's the current numbers are not higher for Biden is because they assume there's still plenty of time for things to shift and it's not like the current situation is locked in. Biden losing from his current lead wouldn't be unprecedented.

That being said, given how low the number of undecideds are and given how strong many voters are to motivated to vote Trump out, I'd be surprised if Biden ever loses his lead unless something really crazy happens.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-23, 19:03   Link #640
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The issue is the USPS sabotage and the impact it could have on Biden voters, plus general vote suppression and intimidation (as we saw in places like GA in the midterms) turned up to 11 by Trump. If this were a free and fair election there's no question Biden would win, but it won't be. And even if he does Trump will refuse to accept the results, assuming he doesn't try to cancel the election before it even happens.