AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-09-12, 06:54   Link #3801
devilo96
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He doesn't mind if he's defeated, because he saw his victory. That means if he's defeated, then the future can change, which is what he wants deep down.
Remember an old saying:"You ether die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

i mean i dont mind if someone kill eren..and its become BS if someone can bring back the old eren using nakama power like FT .....and then let him alive...i just hope we can get a dark end...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 08:27   Link #3802
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 40
Well, Isayama warned us the ending wont be happy.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 09:55   Link #3803
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
Maybe it's Happy end for Eren but not for everyone in the world.
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 10:53   Link #3804
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
To quote the 25th Baam:
"There is no way that everyone can be happy. It's only possible that someone will be happy."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 12:59   Link #3805
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Well there certainly won't be a happy ending for Marley.

There's still the question of how are they going to stop Eren when he still has the memory-erase card and who know how many other form of control.

Mikasa and Levi are the only ones who cannot be affected. I somehow feel that it will turn out that Eren will go "easy" on them, not using any arsenal at his disposal.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 04:34   Link #3806
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
New chapter up~
Yup no nakama talk as Eren make it clear to them that there's nothing to talk about and told them to feel free to stop the genocide by killing him.
And Falco going to fly next chapter? Lol
Flying Jaw Titan~
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 09:44   Link #3807
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well there certainly won't be a happy ending for Marley.

There's still the question of how are they going to stop Eren when he still has the memory-erase card and who know how many other form of control.

Mikasa and Levi are the only ones who cannot be affected. I somehow feel that it will turn out that Eren will go "easy" on them, not using any arsenal at his disposal.
that's the thing, he outright said he didnt strip them of their freedom. He is still hoping for them to change the future by stopping him.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 15:48   Link #3808
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
So Eren could basically shut down his friends at any time but doesn't because he wants to keep their freedom. He's fully willing to fight against them if they oppose him.

The reveal of the female Titans ability is a bit sudden. It was foreshadowed with her hardening (Reiner) and calling titans (Zeke), but it probably should have been revealed earlier.

I don't think the fleet of warships should be a threat to Eren, but how will he deal with them?
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 16:12   Link #3809
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
What annoys me most in the latest chapters is the Marley Eldians surviving. Why do those guys still have a chance at a happy end?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 16:39   Link #3810
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
New chapter up~
Yup no nakama talk as Eren make it clear to them that there's nothing to talk about and told them to feel free to stop the genocide by killing him.
And Falco going to fly next chapter? Lol
Flying Jaw Titan~
My assumption was they're going to get Annie to eat his hair or finger or something to gain his "bird" form plus some of Zeke's spinal fluid. This would let her "mimic" (what a dumb gimmick for the Female Titan, but whatever) both the bird form and apply the Beast power to it to fly.

Or because his name is Falco he'll be a bird and fly, which is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The reveal of the female Titans ability is a bit sudden. It was foreshadowed with her hardening (Reiner) and calling titans (Zeke), but it probably should have been revealed earlier.
It's funny because they basically debunked it back then too. Eren could harden as well, and the attract Titans wasn't Zeke's thing but rather a "Here's a shifter on death's door, come eat!" call.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 18:44   Link #3811
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's funny because they basically debunked it back then too. Eren could harden as well, and the attract Titans wasn't Zeke's thing but rather a "Here's a shifter on death's door, come eat!" call.
I don't think the titan call is supposed to be her mimicking Zeke. He can only control titans that have drunk his spinal fluids so how would that even work for Annie? Not to mention it was an ability granted to him by his royal blood, and not actually the Beast titan's ability.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 11:19   Link #3812
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
So the only explanation is that the female titan can replicate on a small degree the ability of the founding titan itself. But then that would open up several other possibilities.

What I really don't think has any logical explanation is how Falco is supposed to transform into a winged titan. Allegedly it isn't even a characteristic of the Jaw titan power, it's because he transformed into a regular titan through Zeke's spinal fluid. Except allegedly that has nothing to do with Zeke's being royal, it's because he has the beast titan power and some beast titan in the past could fly.

Except there was nothing about Zeke's beast titan form that suggested he could fly and not a single one of the many Eldians that have been turned into titans by his fluid ever showed any sign of that. Also there's proof that no one in Marley ever had any idea that flying titans could even remotely exist, since Magath at one point commented that as soon as the flight technology would advance the age of titans would end because there is no titan that can fly.

So let's even say that somehow Falco has the power of two different titans now, it seems to be pretty fortuitous that he conveniently randomly got a flying beast power.

Moreover he's extremely inexperienced about titan powers as a whole. It took Eren a lot of time before he could properly control his titan form and even more before he could learn how to use his hardening power.

Annie likewise shouldn't be able to suddenly sprout wings and fly.

But, all right, I guess.


This chapter confirmed my hypothesis that Eren would not take full advantage of the founding titan power to stop his "friends". I can't help but feeling that Reiner is right when he said that Eren isn't 100% determined to see his plan come to fruition and that a part of him wants to be stopped. However I wonder if he's aware how much more difficult his actions will make a "pacifist" approach to ever work in case his friends win. If he wins his friends and Paradis will be safe, but if he lose the damage might be unrecoverable.

If he really wanted to resolve the whole situation by confronting his friends and fight against them, it would have made more sense if he did so before flattening a whole nation.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-08, 13:47   Link #3813
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So the only explanation is that the female titan can replicate on a small degree the ability of the founding titan itself. But then that would open up several other possibilities.

What I really don't think has any logical explanation is how Falco is supposed to transform into a winged titan. Allegedly it isn't even a characteristic of the Jaw titan power, it's because he transformed into a regular titan through Zeke's spinal fluid. Except allegedly that has nothing to do with Zeke's being royal, it's because he has the beast titan power and some beast titan in the past could fly.

Except there was nothing about Zeke's beast titan form that suggested he could fly and not a single one of the many Eldians that have been turned into titans by his fluid ever showed any sign of that. Also there's proof that no one in Marley ever had any idea that flying titans could even remotely exist, since Magath at one point commented that as soon as the flight technology would advance the age of titans would end because there is no titan that can fly.
The Beast Titan probably looks like a different animal from generation to generation. Zeke's happens to look like an ape. Maybe a very long time ago, there was one that looked like a bird.

Quote:
This chapter confirmed my hypothesis that Eren would not take full advantage of the founding titan power to stop his "friends". I can't help but feeling that Reiner is right when he said that Eren isn't 100% determined to see his plan come to fruition and that a part of him wants to be stopped. However I wonder if he's aware how much more difficult his actions will make a "pacifist" approach to ever work in case his friends win. If he wins his friends and Paradis will be safe, but if he lose the damage might be unrecoverable.

If he really wanted to resolve the whole situation by confronting his friends and fight against them, it would have made more sense if he did so before flattening a whole nation.
He probably never had any hope for the pacifistic approach. Flattening a country just makes its chances of success go from 0 to 0.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 11:17   Link #3814
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Beast Titan probably looks like a different animal from generation to generation. Zeke's happens to look like an ape. Maybe a very long time ago, there was one that looked like a bird.
That's my assumption as well, but my point is that it must be very unlikely for someone with the beast titan power to become an avian beast titan, otherwise Marley would know, and they definitely didn't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He probably never had any hope for the pacifistic approach. Flattening a country just makes its chances of success go from 0 to 0.
If he was so sure I find it strange that he would risk to let his friends stop him and therefore face annihilation.

There has to be a part of him that believes it to be possible.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 12:17   Link #3815
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
If he was so sure I find it strange that he would risk to let his friends stop him and therefore face annihilation.
You were previously arguing for exactly that. Annihilation rather than global genocide. He knows what he does is horrible. He knows, because he was on the other side of it. And he's doing it to a lot more people. Nothing weird about being conflicted. That's not the same as believing in a third option where everyone's happy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 18:12   Link #3816
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You were previously arguing for exactly that. Annihilation rather than global genocide. He knows what he does is horrible. He knows, because he was on the other side of it. And he's doing it to a lot more people. Nothing weird about being conflicted. That's not the same as believing in a third option where everyone's happy.
It's what Eren believes that we are talking about here, not what I believe, or you believe. And it doesn't even need to be that what Eren believes is completely rational.

I just don't think that Eren would ever let his friends stop him if he was 100% sure that they would all die if successful.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 23:52   Link #3817
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's what Eren believes that we are talking about here, not what I believe, or you believe. And it doesn't even need to be that what Eren believes is completely rational.

I just don't think that Eren would ever let his friends stop him if he was 100% sure that they would all die if successful.
If the alternative is stealing not just their freedom, but their free will, he might. It's a strange bottom line to have, but not out of character.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 17:41   Link #3818
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
New chapter up... It's feel short to me.
As usual, regret always come in the end

Also does eren even have a neck to rip him out of?

Let's see how they gonna stop in next chapter~
Still even they managed to stopped him, Eren already won.
He massacred millions already and struck fear into the world.
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-05, 19:00   Link #3819
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
I already thought so last chapter, but the soldier's speech in this one seems to further indicate we're heading toward a bullshit peace ending.

Was it really necessary to spend this many pages on the rumbling again? It feels like Isayama is just dragging things out at this point. Wasn't it said the manga would end this year, or was it just speculation?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 23:25   Link #3820
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Well, unless he's suddenly going to push the fast forward button there's no way the next chapter will be the last, which means this manga isn't going to finish this year.

We are however at the final battle and I think it's safe to assume the ending isn't far off.

Not sure what kind of ending Isayama is envisioning, but certainly it doesn't sound very realistic to me that after this rumbling the world would change their mind on the Eldians in a positive way. If anything it should reinforce their beliefs that Eldians are a threat to be dealt with. At best they could look for peace out of fear, but a "peace" of that kind would never last.

I hope there will be something more clever than a simple "we've realized the error of our ways now that we have been slaughtered, let's forget the past and be friends!".
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.