AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-10-21, 17:56   Link #941
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Wow you’re desparate for excuses lol
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 18:03   Link #942
ramlaen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Wow you’re desparate for excuses lol
Projection instead of a rebuttal?
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 18:16   Link #943
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Rebut what? Your reply is so ridiculous that it doesn’t deserve a reply. But I will humor you anyways since it will be amusing.

Nothing about the laptop is verified. Just trump supporters insisting it is and claiming Russia had nothing to do with it, without proof either. It is just 1 intelligence official claiming lack of Russian involvement while MANY other intelligence officers and former intelligence directors have outright said it has all the hallmarks of Russia.

The photo of the drugged Hunter Biden was probably real but was something that could be found on the social media of those who knew him at the time. The emails have no proof that they are real. The first one could’ve been but we never see a reply. The second one doesn’t even match with his schedule.

Said pictures never existed Or even mentioned until today. That sounds more like their “smoking gun” failed to achieve the desired effect so they added more to it. They had that laptop for supposedly close to a year. They would not have remained silent if that is the case.

FBI refusing to confirm or deny things is because they have to remain neutral or Trump will accuse them of spreading a disinformation campaign and seek to have them replaced with his own yes men like he has done all through his presidency.

The laptop itself is incredibly suspicious but I have already mentioned my reasons for that.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 19:57   Link #944
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I guess if Rudy Giuliani can be tricked by Borat, he can also be manipulated by spies. That said, the laptop contents seem pretty real to me. And why are we pointing fingers at Russia anyway? Just because that's what we did in 2016? Didn't really work out then, won't now.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 19:59   Link #945
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Nothing about the laptop is verified. Just trump supporters insisting it is and claiming Russia had nothing to do with it, without proof either. It is just 1 intelligence official claiming lack of Russian involvement while MANY other intelligence officers and former intelligence directors have outright said it has all the hallmarks of Russia.
Not a argument about the truthfullness (or lack of) of the story but, should comments from anyone form the intelligence community really be taked as proof, given how often they have lied to the public ?
__________________
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 20:15   Link #946
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 40
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/mit...0168&list_id=1

Quote:
Others have warned in recent days that in preparation for a potential Trump loss next month, McConnell is laying the groundwork to force crippling austerity under a Biden administration.
Guess which snake is preparing the next elections for the house of representatives by having the Blame Biden card ready? Knowing that a lot of voters are lazy and have the memory of a goldfish.
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 22:16   Link #947
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I guess if Rudy Giuliani can be tricked by Borat, he can also be manipulated by spies. That said, the laptop contents seem pretty real to me. And why are we pointing fingers at Russia anyway? Just because that's what we did in 2016? Didn't really work out then, won't now.
It did work out then though. What part of the laptop rings real though? I can admit when I am wrong but the entire situation seems suspicious from the timing to the content. Frankly it feels far more fabricated than anything else.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 02:03   Link #948
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
No part of it rings real. It's just Fox-QAnon bullshit, and at this point there's no difference between the two.

The truth is McConnell is going to be in no position to "force" austerity" on anybody if Trump loses, because if Biden wins the Ds will almost certainly take the Senate. The problem is going to be the Supreme Court thwarting the actions of the elected president and congress, which is why you hear progressives discussing changing the size of the court to counteract Mitch stealing two seats.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 03:31   Link #949
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The truth is McConnell is going to be in no position to "force" austerity" on anybody if Trump loses, because if Biden wins the Ds will almost certainly take the Senate. The problem is going to be the Supreme Court thwarting the actions of the elected president and congress, which is why you hear progressives discussing changing the size of the court to counteract Mitch stealing two seats.
What about the time during the transition, wouldn't that be long enough to do some damage.
__________________
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 03:41   Link #950
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Yes it would, but only so much. And DJT will likely do far more harm in those intervening months.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 07:39   Link #951
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It did work out then though. What part of the laptop rings real though? I can admit when I am wrong but the entire situation seems suspicious from the timing to the content. Frankly it feels far more fabricated than anything else.
Russiagate was like 90% a hoax, nothing got proven and impeachment went nowhere, that's why I say that.

As for the laptop, I think it's real because some people whose addresses were in the email threads, meaning they'd have the same emails in their inbox, verified them.

It's technically possible that some of the content was fabricated on top of the original, but it's already been in possession of the authorities for a while, and it shouldn't be that hard for them to discern forgeries.

Intelligence agencies seem to want to stay quiet, which I totally understand. Nobody there wants to end up like Comey did after 2016, being dragged from one hearing to the next and having to participate in politics.

But even assuming it's real, I expect minimal effects on Joe Biden and the election, and I have four reasons:

1: it's not Joe's laptop, and he can claim ignorance on any of the content, unless he's been directly communicating with Hunter by email, which doesn't seem to be the case.
2: it's being used to accuse Joe of corruption, but the visible extent of it is that Joe has like, a nice mansion, and maybe a couple hundred mil of net worth. Peanuts compared to the stakes in a US presidential election.
3: Mainstream media + social media companies are keeping a lid on it, so more voters will know about Rudy Giuliani being creepy in Borat 2, than people who will know about the laptop.
4: Trump will use it as ammo in the last debate, but both Joe and the moderator will have prepared responses to assure the audience that it is "unverified information", "already debunked", or indeed "russian disinformation".
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 11:36   Link #952
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Russiagate was like 90% a hoax, nothing got proven and impeachment went nowhere, that's why I say that.
Oh yes the reality bubble where the Mueller report was intended to find proof of collusion, didn't find proof that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 election in sweeping and systematic fashion and violated US criminal law, didn't show that several members of the Trump campaign had repeated contact to Russian officials, didn't find 10~11 instances of potential obstructions of justice and exonerated him of his accusations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
[...]
"I have absolutely no further basis to my allegations other than my personal speculations that "the authorities" are tampering with the "evidence" or that the moderator is tag teaming with Biden and so on but I project my statements as truth because it let's me believe what I want to believe."

You are entitled to your opinion but next time try to add some substance to it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 12:12   Link #953
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Oh yes the reality bubble where the Mueller report was intended to find proof of collusion, didn't find proof that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 election in sweeping and systematic fashion and violated US criminal law, didn't show that several members of the Trump campaign had repeated contact to Russian officials, didn't find 10~11 instances of potential obstructions of justice and exonerated him of his accusations.
What you mention here would be the ~10% of what was alleged in Russiagate, and survived closer scrutiny. What is considered "sweeping and systematic" is a subjective matter, but I don't dispute any of these things.

I don't want to get back into the weeds of that story, but here's what I think is a sharp thesis on the subject: https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russia...imes-a-million

Quote:
"I have absolutely no further basis to my allegations other than my personal speculations that "the authorities" are tampering with the "evidence" or that the moderator is tag teaming with Biden and so on but I project my statements as truth because it let's me believe what I want to believe."
Sorry for being unclear. I do not speculate that the authorities are tampering with evidence, I only said that they are in possession of it. This adds to its credibility, since you would expect anyone making a forgery to eventually get caught.

I don't know to what extent the debate moderator will be biased, but I made a prediction about how they will handle this topic, and we will see very shortly if I was wrong.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 12:26   Link #954
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In snowy Sakhalin
Age: 71
Trump's line with Lesley Stahl was to focus on the alleged money from Moscow to Hunter and the salary he was paid by Burisma. He claims no knowledge about the laptop. Maybe he will have learned more by tonight. Start around 24:00 here: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...interview.html
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 16:16   Link #955
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
You say you don't dispute any of these things but link to an article that states

there was no collusion - the investigation did not aim to prove collusion and collusion is not an offense found in the US state code to begin with
no new indictments - he was not charged because they believed it would hinder the president's capacity to govern and potentially preempt constitutional processes
no conspiring/coordination with Russia - the report doesn't conclude that Trump committed a crime but it also notably does not exonerate him
quotes Barr's four page letter as gospel - which did not reflect on the report correctly

in the first five paragraphs tells me everything I need to know about this article.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 16:22   Link #956
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
What you mention here would be the ~10% of what was alleged in Russiagate, and survived closer scrutiny. What is considered "sweeping and systematic" is a subjective matter, but I don't dispute any of these things.
Wait, are you saying that the main crux of the Russia investigation being true and/or covered up by the GOP is only 10%, and therefore it doesn't matter?

What kind of whack ass alternate reality are you living in? Is this some nonsense where you're taking everything the GOP said as being part of the investigation as being an actual part, and since they were wrong the investigation is wrong? Or some nonsense where because Trump was impeached but not removed that it was fake, even though the GOP has proven time and again to be completely, 100% partisan hacks that wouldn't have gotten rid of him no matter what happened?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 17:10   Link #957
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I don't wish to argue about #Russiagate further. And I'll refrain from posting until after the election.

Love all of you, and I love reading these threads.

It feels a little unfair to run my mouth as an outside observer, for whom US elections are something in between reality television and a sports event - while for many of you, it is potentially life-changing.

Not saying I'm a partisan hack, and I won't accuse anyone in the thread for being one, but just the appearance of being one ruins the chances of good-faith dialogue. Maybe after the election, it'll be easier.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 17:37   Link #958
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
It feels a little unfair to run my mouth as an outside observer, for whom US elections are something in between reality television and a sports event - while for many of you, it is potentially life-changing.
I am, as a non-american like you, a ''outside observer'' but I don't consider me as a not interested by that election; whoever POTUS is, will make decission than might afffect the whole world, much more than any other country leader. As a canadian I sometime think than we might be the third most concerned by the US election ( third after the US citizen and whichever country's citizens than are and will be bombed by the US) and we have no impact on that mess.

I might only be ''running my mouth'' as it's the only think than I can do about the situation, but then again even a large part of the US electors have no impact on the result of said election.
__________________
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 19:07   Link #959
ramlaen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 19:19   Link #960
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't wish to argue about #Russiagate further.

And I'll refrain from posting until after the election.

Love all of you, and I love reading these threads.
Please don't since your take is factually wrong. Either way you're definitely more approachable than the other minion so I do hope you stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
It feels a little unfair to run my mouth as an outside observer, for whom US elections are something in between reality television and a sports event - while for many of you, it is potentially life-changing.
The US is still one of the most influential countries on the planet and therefore can potentially have consequences that reach far further than their borders. Just look at Trump's ongoing tariff war with multiple countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Not saying I'm a partisan hack, and I won't accuse anyone in the thread for being one, but just the appearance of being one ruins the chances of good-faith dialogue. Maybe after the election, it'll be easier.
It's not that surprising that people don't want to discuss with someone who denies any criticism of their side but is perfectly fine blaming others. Not referring to you but in general you get the idea.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.