Notices

Old 2014-09-05, 16:17   Link #21
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I bet it's to match all those witty lines from Mayaka
I read through all the help pages (and there is a ton of them) and got a better understanding on how everything works. I was just messing around yesterday, and clicking through all the dialogues.
What I don't get now is why are my CPs and BPs depleted faster than they are supposed to? I just finished a 12 BP mission and down from 39 BP to 12 BP. WTH. And I commu with Tatsuya and it definitely took off more than the 8CP it said it would. I wonder whether I missed some info from the help pages or is this a bug? If this is a bug, it's a darn nasty one. Especially when people might be spending on 'gems' to instant-recover their points.
Most probably a glitch. I had the same but so far it was fixed after changing my settings to Korean.

I liked the background story for Mayaka. The Zero Family and the forbidden research must be included later in the novels. Or at least some kind of spin-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Okay but in all honesty is there a guide somewhere on how to do this?
Lurk a bit on vpngate (University of Tsukuba). You have a special page explaining how to configure a vpn in android/iPad devices. The main page has the list of countries and etc, but it is really easy.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 00:45   Link #22
pampz21
ShipCore

This game shouldnt be called lost zero but Onii-sama madness.

Its a fresh feeling hearing someone say Onii-sama other than Miyuki.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 08:20   Link #23
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeDemolition View Post
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Most probably a glitch. I had the same but so far it was fixed after changing my settings to Korean.
Works thanks though I have to restart the app.

What's your main deck look like?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 11:43   Link #24
ImKurisu

Does anyone know which Gacha have the swimsuit version of character instead of maid? XD
ImKurisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 13:32   Link #25
larethian

By the way, if you use friends as support, you can farm support points faster. In order to prevent a swarm of people from spamming this thread, I've created a social group for finding in-game friends and discussing in-game stuff that might be considered as intrusive or pointless in a forum thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=963
You can also use this group for boasting about your deck, rare cards, and pretty wins.

If you are playing, please join

And it has been kind of disconcerting to be one hour ahead whenever I check my phone............
Old 2014-09-07, 16:04   Link #26
Casarial

WHY?! Why doesn't it work at WP8

I want to try this :|
Casarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 21:36   Link #27
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Having Japanese account since MA finally paid off

Don't have time to try it yet through. Only a bit. But would the conversation selection have serious affect (if you pick a wrong one)? Have prettu much went with hunch so far.

And a real pity that the game was not fully voiced. I can recognise the conversation better through hearing than looking at words (not even "reading" you see)

Edit: when you filled up that "special" bar how do you use those special skills?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-09-07 at 23:27.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 01:40   Link #28
larethian

This game has just become my latest de-stress tool.
I finally cleared stage 4-5 after a number of tries, though I still lost Shizuku T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Having Japanese account since MA finally paid off

Don't have time to try it yet through. Only a bit. But would the conversation selection have serious affect (if you pick a wrong one)? Have prettu much went with hunch so far.

And a real pity that the game was not fully voiced. I can recognise the conversation better through hearing than looking at words (not even "reading" you see)

Edit: when you filled up that "special" bar how do you use those special skills?
Conversation selection will affect DERE points and possibly XP. You either get less or more, but you'll get some anyway. Meaning there's no real negative impact.

To use the super/special gauge (必殺), you flick the character horizontally. The tutorial says flick right to left, but I found left to right works as well.

----

Some stuff/personal tips that people may not know:
1. During card strengthening, if you select a raw material card same as your base card, you can increase its upper level limit (though it still has a max upper level limit, red if you reach it). You can also increase this limit through the use of sensory stones (can be bought, awarded as mission awards, full survival award depending on mission, first seven day login bonus award).

The level limit affects how much you can exp the card (through applying Mayaka EXP card or just burning cards as raw materials (up to 10)). When you level your card, its attributes in basic attack and super will increase. I have never seen skill increase, but I've seen an occasional speed increase (could be random but I'm not sure whether rarity and card power of raw materials will improve that chance). Mayaka Speed and Skill cards seem to target specifically speed and skill though there seems to be a cumulative value that needs to be reached before those attributes level up. Speed will become really crucial later for story missions as they get really tough and enemy gauges fill up really fast.

2. When you chain combo attacks, due to the multiplier effect increase, always tap the strongest attack last (also be mindful of magic type strength order Ma(blue) > Bu (red) > Sei (yellow) > Ma (blue)). From what I see, it's roughly a 50% more or 50% less damage for the stronger vs weaker and the weaker vs stronger respectively. As there seems to be a correlation between damage dealt and super gauge filling up, chaining is the key to filling your super gauge fast. It also helps to secure overkill bonus (based on number of enemies 'over-killed'). Make use of early waves to fill up gauge using this method. Try not to let characters die; it'll greatly impact your super capabilities. If you are up against a tough opponent and lose 2 to 3 characters, you are pretty much dead.

3. Check out the events and awards that can be received. The CP award is given immediately once you reached the needed accumulated points for each award tier while rank awards appear to be given at the end of the event

4. When you attack enemies, they give either of these (1) Psion points for card strengthening purposes, (2) Item for giving to characters, (3) cards (ok must mostly trash)

5. Each mission has a survival medal award that is given if you complete the mission with all characters (you can replay and grind any avaliable mission)

6. A character in leader position will have a higher chance of his/her skill activating.

7. All cards of a character with the EXACT same costume actually has the same properties (even their types and speeds are the same). A rarer card (more stars) will be stronger in their properties (super, attack, skill), which means you can afford to sell or burn the lesser cards. Otherwise, it may be a good idea to keep cards of different types (Ma, Bu, Sei) or properties (though the limit of 120 means you have to constantly maintain your deck to have room for gaining new cards)

8. Make friends to farm support points which you can spend on normal Gachas. Using friends as support awards 40 instead of 20 points. Write comments in the information exchange and your friends will (Good) yours if you (Good) theirs. Each Good gives you 5 additional points. Even with moderate activity, you should be able to farm enough in a few days to a week to reach 2000. Normal Gachas are not as good as premium ones but I can still get 4 star cards off them.

9. You get to buy your first premium gacha with 1 stone (only once; subsequently it costs 3 stones per gacha), and the first set of 10 premium gachas with 15 stones (only once; subsequently it costs 27 stones). The first set of 10 premium gachas will be cards from all 10 different characters (completing your character set immediately). Premiums are guaranteed to be 3 stars and up (there's a table of chance on it in-game). To acquire stones, you can either buy them with real money (they are kind of expensive I feel), or accumulate them from designated missions (after completing the survival medal), or get them through event awards. Never use your stones for recovering BP, always save them for gachas.

These are some things on the top of my mind now. There are probably more that I missed.

Some of my comments on characters and groupings (definition: I define hissatsu as super):
1. Tatsuya: powerful single target attack, slow for his Sei cards, super usually downs enemy's gauge (Gram Demolition, Gram Dispersion), skill are mostly Miyuki support. If you are using Gram Dispersion, you can store a super and let his gauge fill just before the last enemy wave. And fire it before boss's gauge fills up.

2. Miyuki: one of the fastest characters (she has lots of fast cards) and her attacks are also power-packed. Mayumi is also fast and has a neat single target super, weaker than Erika and Tatsuya but her faster gauge may make up for the lower damage. I've seen a Mayumi OP card (from a support character) that heals guys and speeds up females

3. Erika seems to have the most powerful single target super (even stronger than Tatsuya but it's just pure damage), she's really good for taking out boss characters that are solo (if you got the right match up in type)

4. If your group is always dying like flies, put in Leo or Juumonji as leader; if their skill activates, they will tank for your group (they also have the highest HPs/level). With a strong healer (Honoka or Midzuki), you should survive. I always prefer Honoka because her cards are faster. All else being equal, Midzuki will heal more.

5. Both Shizuku and Mari are balanced types in different ways. Shizuku is good for mass attacking large groups. One of Shizuku's cards also has a neat heal skill that's useful in earlier stages. But when your characters get a lot more HP as they level, Honoka and Midzuki are better with their percentage-based group heals; not to mention they also have super heals. Mari has some cool effects that might be useful but I seldom use them, as I'm either too busy healing, gram dispersing, using stronger super attacks.

6. Azusa has some interesting support skills (less heals). I really love the damage reduction when it's upgraded. Her support skills are not entirely unique but a notch above the same skills that other characters might possess.

Well, guess I typed enough; that's all for now. Laters

Last edited by larethian; 2014-09-17 at 21:16. Reason: debunked costume myth
Old 2014-09-08, 02:04   Link #29
pampz21
ShipCore

I find this wierd that Tatsuya's guage is slow....
Miyuki,Mayumi and Erika has the fastest. Erika being the slowest of the 3.

Erika + Tatsuya are the powehouse of the group; Erika has the slight advantage due to her gauge.

I dont like Mayumi too much her damage isnt worth it.so I use Tatsuya,Miyuki, Erika and Mizuki as a team. Use Mari or Shizuku as support for taking out trash mobs.

Miki's special is good to for aoe.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-09-08 at 02:28.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 02:38   Link #30
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I find this wierd that Tatsuya's guage is slow....
Miyuki,Mayumi and Erika has the fastest.

I dont like Mayumi too much her damage isnt worth it.so I use Tatsuya,Miyuki, Erika and Mizuki as a team. Use Mari or Shizuku as support for taking out trash mobs.
Because Tatsuya's Course 2 student
But he has fast cards for Bu types. Anyhow, you can't make him all-powerful in the game , he needs to have some weaknesses to make the game playable.

Talking about speed, Shizuku is the slowest character. In her description, it's described that she's so slow that you can fall asleep

My original story decks are:
1-A deck: Miyuki (attacker), Shizuku (mass attacker), Honoka (healer and leader), Tatsuya (attacker and anti-boss; well Tatsuya has to follow wherever Miyuki goes :heh)

Senior deck: Mayumi (attacker), Azusa (support), Mari (attacker), Juumonji (tanker and leader)

1-E deck: Midzuki (healer), Leo (tanker, attacker and leader), Mikihiko (support and mid-level mass attacker), Erika (power attacker and anti-boss)

I generally choose the highest support character available (character and card wise and cards whose effects I know). I also take into consideration the type to have a balanced type deck. If it's a fight I am confident, I'll choose a friend to farm support points.

Unfortunately, my original story decks (for farming medals) do not work well sometimes against the higher missions that I have to make swaps.

I also don't use mass attacks these days, especially during CP farming (for the event awards) so that I can max my overkill bonuses. I'm currently farming the last stage of mission 3, consistently farming 21 CPs each time (@ 14 BPs).
Old 2014-09-08, 04:33   Link #31
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Really depends on what version of Shizuku you have, because out of all of my cards Shizuku is my 3rd fastests character since it's the 6* maid version. The problem with aoe attackers (Juumonji and Shizuku and some Mikihiko cards) are that their attacks are on the weaker side

Last edited by hyl; 2014-09-08 at 04:58.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 05:07   Link #32
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Really depends on what version of Shizuku you have, because out of all of my cards Shizuku is my 3rd fastests character since it's the 6* maid version. The problem with aoe attackers (Juumonji and Shizuku and some Mikihiko cards) are that their attacks are on the weaker side
Damn lucky you! Anyway, I was just quoting the character description in the help pages.
The problem with AOE for me is that it easily robs me of that overkill bonus
The only AOEs that are useful are those Supers that come with effects, such as Mari's speed down on top of a near 2k damage, which really helps with those speedy masses.
Old 2014-09-08, 05:13   Link #33
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I had to reroll my gatcha's 3 times (by uninstalling the app) to get that Shizuku though

Her high speed and AoE will clear sub stages very fast , so you will save hp before reaching the bosses in the story missions. Plus it softens up everyone in the stronger stages, so you can still get an overkill bonus if you happen to have an AoE super (and that Shizuku's super also happens to be a decent damage AoE attack dealing around 3-4k on everyone, however it has no special effects)
Old 2014-09-08, 05:56   Link #34
larethian

Meh I didnt reroll as I knew about it only on Sat and by then have already improved my 3 star cards. Anyway 3 times is still amazing luck. On the gacha page it says 6 stars is about 3% chance, so it's still pretty lucky.
Old 2014-09-08, 15:22   Link #35
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

@Larethian Hey‚ Thank you for the info‚ a lot of that stuff is really helpful to know.

I think I'll try to put Leo as my leader now because on 5-5 Erika keeps incurring a bloody massacre on my characters at the last wave. Like I can reach that point with my full party and most of their HP intact or patched up with a support healer (As I have none of my own.) But Erika systematically slaughters everyone with her super (1HKO to anyone not Leo) and she recovers way too fast‚ even unleashing 4 Supers before I can kill even kill a single enemy. And If I attempt to bring an AoE support to destroy the guys at the back so I can focus on taking down Erika alone she always destroys them first ; u ;

Team

Leader - Miyuki 5 Star Maid

Tatsuya - 3 Star ( 3-3 Mission Complete)

Mizuki - 4 Star (Normal Gacha Obtainable‚ her super grants a DEF buff. I don't know why ; w. ; )

Leo - 4 Star (Sparring Gi Vers.)

I would have Erika instead of Mizuki but I don't have any good cards for her :<

Should I restart and try for better rolls to start me off or should I go grind 3-4 for CP as mentioned above? I know I won't be able to make it into 5k Rankings though (. . ll)

And would anyone know / be willing to share and methods they know for making purchases from JP Google Play if you're american and don't have an international CC?

Thank you .'.'.

P.S. Original message got deleted so I had to rewrite this from memory. I'm sorry for any errors that may occur.

Last edited by WorldTerror; 2014-09-08 at 15:50.
WorldTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 17:00   Link #36
hyl
reading #hikaributts

i dont think you can reset now, because you used up your preregistration code to get the 5* Miyuki card
Old 2014-09-08, 18:54   Link #37
rladls2121

I heard the story is really funny.
I'm not interest in the gameplay, but I'm interested in the story.

But then not fully voiced, really?
Then I'm little disappointed.

Lost Zero and Out of Order, I'm looking forward to these two Drama CDs.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 20:04   Link #38
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
i dont think you can reset now, because you used up your preregistration code to get the 5* Miyuki card
How can you get that 5*? Like just luring people in to use your code?

My progression has pretty much depend on support from random player at this moment. My card is so suck that some of the 2* is actually the backbone of my army

Heard about the reset trick, but they said can't use for ios. So... well... Let's just hope i draw something good with the 10 for 15 gems (still need like 6 through, but can't see how can i get more atm)
Old 2014-09-08, 20:59   Link #39
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I had a 5* Miyuki (with the miko outfit) from the preregistration event , meaning you had to register an account before the game started last week

As for your own code, various japanese people try to get their own code "advertised" in (some wiki) lost zero sites/boards or bbs'

With my current luck, i have now a 6* Erika and a 5* Mari from my 10 cards draw with 15 gems x_x
edit: made a screenshot

Last edited by hyl; 2014-09-08 at 21:17.
Old 2014-09-08, 21:35   Link #40
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTerror View Post
@Larethian Hey‚ Thank you for the info‚ a lot of that stuff is really helpful to know.

I think I'll try to put Leo as my leader now because on 5-5 Erika keeps incurring a bloody massacre on my characters at the last wave. Like I can reach that point with my full party and most of their HP intact or patched up with a support healer (As I have none of my own.) But Erika systematically slaughters everyone with her super (1HKO to anyone not Leo) and she recovers way too fast‚ even unleashing 4 Supers before I can kill even kill a single enemy. And If I attempt to bring an AoE support to destroy the guys at the back so I can focus on taking down Erika alone she always destroys them first ; u ;

Team

Leader - Miyuki 5 Star Maid

Tatsuya - 3 Star ( 3-3 Mission Complete)

Mizuki - 4 Star (Normal Gacha Obtainable‚ her super grants a DEF buff. I don't know why ; w. ; )

Leo - 4 Star (Sparring Gi Vers.)

I would have Erika instead of Mizuki but I don't have any good cards for her :<

Should I restart and try for better rolls to start me off or should I go grind 3-4 for CP as mentioned above? I know I won't be able to make it into 5k Rankings though (. . ll)

And would anyone know / be willing to share and methods they know for making purchases from JP Google Play if you're american and don't have an international CC?

Thank you .'.'.

P.S. Original message got deleted so I had to rewrite this from memory. I'm sorry for any errors that may occur.
Yeah I haven't gotten past 5-5 yet either (though busy farming now). Boss Erika seems to have unlimited Special (I use 'special' now since the gauge says special; was trying to keep to Fighting game terminology with Hissatsu as Super ) But then again, I suspect her unlimited Special is due to me Specialing her and building her gauge as well I'm trying to complete mission with my ideal story deck combinations (to get the survival medal; guess I'm being unrealistic now ). Guess I need to switch to Leo too (you need to have a card that says 身代わり in skill, and note that it doesn't help with AOEs) His defense is really awesome as well (taking puny damage most of the time vs mobs). Don't let your healer die and just keep chaining to keep your Special gauge up. Another thing is if you have AOE attacker, chain with her/him as last attacker, the 4x multiplier is sure to take out all mobs.

You need try to increase card speeds as well. I read a JP wiki that speculates that if you use same character's card or same type as raw materials, there's a better chance of base card getting speed or skill increase (though beware of reaching level cap before that happens, still safest to use Mayaka cards but they're rare ) Maybe you can try Azusa with her damage reduction, I got it upgraded to over 40%. Another possiblity is to keep 'reloading' support characters and find good ones, max speed 6-star Erika (the card that hyl has); she has insane gauge fill speed and insane one-off damage. Yokohama battle suit Tatsuya (his hissatsu is called Trident) is also pretty OP in damage.

Not sure whether 'restarting' helps. But for CP grinding, it's worth doing it, even if you don't get ranking award, you can still get the tiered awards each time you reach certain amount (that's the Present in your home screen and after clicking it, you get entry saying 任務評価). The awards are deterministic and loops every 1000 CPs accumulated which means the awards are unlimited (you can check it in the middle tab of mission page イベント and it also shows your current accumulated CP), you get stuff like stones, Mayaka cards, a Shizuku swimsuit card, 600 support points (not crap like gifts or trash cards). You get stuff initially at 40, 70, 100, then in 50 or so increments, by the time you reach around 500-600, you get something in 100 increments, after you hit a 1000, you loop back again, and again and again as long as you keep farming

To buy stuff from Google play, you need a google account linked to Japan's Google play store. You don't need an international cc; there's a workaround if you have VPN.

Quote:
I had a 5* Miyuki (with the miko outfit) from the preregistration event , meaning you had to register an account before the game started last week

As for your own code, various japanese people try to get their own code "advertised" in (some wiki) lost zero sites/boards or bbs'

With my current luck, i have now a 6* Erika and a 5* Mari from my 10 cards draw with 15 gems x_x
edit: made a screenshot
Gimme some of that luck! I have a lot of 4 star cards ;_;
Why Mari level is so low compared to the rest? It seems like you are a Shizuku fan

EDIT: I edited the farming part

Last edited by larethian; 2014-09-08 at 21:49.