Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-15, 09:46   Link #201
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Not necessarily, the magazine may be given information to work on.
Not when it is in the form of a question. They do that only when they have nothing official to say.
Old 2008-11-15, 09:59   Link #202
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Yes, except Louise is prepared to kill. Saji, conversely, is not, and, even after firing (if he at all does), probably still won't.
There's no question about if he will fire, because he already did. You remember that who flashback of all the things he's said, like how if he kills he'll be no different than Celestial Being? And then he pulls the trigger anyway? He may not like it, but he's already passed the point.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 10:19   Link #203
NyxOne

Ah, well. Cue several episodes of Saji moping.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 16:43   Link #204
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

What I think about Saji is that he has done things one would admire him for before the time skip. When Louise was injured, he rushed all the way to Spain to check on her; after his sister died, he went through the depression stage of the 5 stages but in the end he went back to his studies and made something of himself. After the 4-years time skip, I was under the impression that Saji was doing pretty well with his life. He completed his studies, graduated and started working in the job of his dream. I think that the way how he is dealing with his current situation overshadowed what he has done in the past, and made people forget about it, rather than look at what happened to him in full and look at what is happening to him now.

Agree/Disagree?
Old 2008-11-15, 17:38   Link #205
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Lyle is a liar. He shoots just like his brother, but pretends that he couldn't shoot as better as his brother.
Not really; when in simulation, he kept scoring less than his brother.

It would be better to say that while Lyle is good, he isn't the sniper his brother is.
(On the other hand, he might be better in other regards.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
What I think about Saji is that he has done things one would admire him for before the time skip. When Louise was injured, he rushed all the way to Spain to check on her; after his sister died, he went through the depression stage of the 5 stages but in the end he went back to his studies and made something of himself. After the 4-years time skip, I was under the impression that Saji was doing pretty well with his life. He completed his studies, graduated and started working in the job of his dream. I think that the way how he is dealing with his current situation overshadowed what he has done in the past, and made people forget about it, rather than look at what happened to him in full and look at what is happening to him now.

Agree/Disagree?
Completely agree. I've always felt that Saji has been a very healthy human being; he isn't crazed or obsessed with events beyond his control, he's kind and helpful, he stays out of trouble, and he's lived (and just wants to live) a productive life without harming others and without others harming him.

He is, in short, the ideal sort of citizen in any peace-loving world that Celestial Being might want. Which is why it's so ironic that CB keeps bringing him into danger and misery.

Granted, that sort of person can be boring, but...
Old 2008-11-15, 18:32   Link #206
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

And even if most of the time he appears to be boring, he did have moments where he truly made me impressed. Too bad he didn't get any of those recently.
Old 2008-11-15, 20:02   Link #207
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Revenge
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 20:11   Link #208
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
Revenge
Where did you find that? That's perfect for something I've already been working on.
Old 2008-11-15, 22:00   Link #209
Willowhugger

Quote:
Not really; when in simulation, he kept scoring less than his brother.

It would be better to say that while Lyle is good, he isn't the sniper his brother is.
(On the other hand, he might be better in other regards.)
Lyle may be overly harsh on himself. He's comparing his scores to his brother while targeting the Solar Furnace capable A-Law suits. Things his brother had a tendancy to miss as well.
Willowhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 22:18   Link #210
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowhugger View Post
Lyle may be overly harsh on himself. He's comparing his scores to his brother while targeting the Solar Furnace capable A-Law suits. Things his brother had a tendancy to miss as well.
The sentiment remains; he isn't quite as good as his brother was by the means he has to measure himself against.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:27   Link #211
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

A correction, if I may. Saji didn't fire his turrent, but at the same time it looks like he's accepted to help CB as he can, if him contentedly doing maintanence on the 00 is any indication.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:34   Link #212
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

It seems that Saji is officially a CB member now. He doesn't seem to fuss up anymore... The Kataron incident must've really caused him so much trauma that his "I wanna have a normal life!" ideals went kablooey.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:47   Link #213
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Well what I like with Saji is that Gundam 00 is actually fleshing out his character as the normal guy caught up in the abnormal turn of things. Compare this to Code Geass' Ougi...
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 09:48   Link #214
NyxOne

Well, Ougi wasn't exactly a 'normal guy' by the time the resistance was formed and...all the time afterwards. But I digress.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:56   Link #215
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
It seems that Saji is officially a CB member now. He doesn't seem to fuss up anymore... The Kataron incident must've really caused him so much trauma that his "I wanna have a normal life!" ideals went kablooey.
Sergei told Saji he couldn't help him clear his name. So who else could? Saji is better off earning his daily bread on CB's ship while waiting for A-Laws to collapse on itself.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:58   Link #216
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sergei told Saji he couldn't help him clear his name. So who else could? Saji is better off earning his daily bread on CB's ship while waiting for A-Laws to collapse on itself.
After the A-LAWS had already found out about them. Sergei told Saji he could clear his name, which was why Saji told in the first place. But then the eavesdropper squealed, and Sergei lost his chance.
Old 2008-11-19, 10:29   Link #217
tezu

A little question: Did Saji shoot now? I think In saw him pulling the trigger, but Ian later said:"Didn't shoot, huh?" - so I am a little bit confused.
I think that Saji will never become a Meister, he's rather one of those behind the scenes and if he is going to pilot the O-Riser, then something important must have happened before. Plus, he never had any training sessions, he'll probably blow himself up instead of helping his comrades. 20 episodes are a long time, he might undergo some development and become the pilot of the O-riser, so it's not completely impossible. Also, a question: Whenever we see Saji in an episode, we also get to see his ring. Now my question is: Did Louise accept her ring? Because in the ending, you can see her wearing it on her hand, but I couldn't discover a ring on her hand in the episodes yet...
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 10:41   Link #218
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

I'm pretty sure he didn't shoot based on the animation (Ptolemy2 banking without any direct fire at Louise's GNX) and Ian's comments.

I think the O-Riser was confirmed to be A.I.-controlled, too, so no go there for Saji.
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 01:43   Link #219
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrl-z View Post
I'm pretty sure he didn't shoot based on the animation (Ptolemy2 banking without any direct fire at Louise's GNX) and Ian's comments.

I think the O-Riser was confirmed to be A.I.-controlled, too, so no go there for Saji.
Nevermind the 0-Riser, manning a turret will be enough for him.
Old 2008-11-20, 11:08   Link #220
NyxOne

Which he can't even do because he had a panic attack.

Do you want to hear him scream "BOKU WA~!" every time he fires?