AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-25, 02:19   Link #261
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
KIMINO BLOODY CRIMSON ROSE LUNA RAVEN TSUKINO
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5328177/1/Ribbon

This is either going to be a really bad troll (most likely, going off how obvious it is) or a really, really, really good badfic.

Either way, you might want some popcorn.

I can't believe people think that's a real fic, though. Seriously?

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-08-25, 16:07   Link #262
Dr. Casey

... wow. I love the way the chapter ended. Yuki moves fast, doesn't she?

It works very well as a badfic, and since people are gullible sometimes (I mean seriously, people wondered if 'My Immortal' was a genuine literary attempt for a while), there's pretty much no doubt a bunch of people won't catch on. This should be fun.

And even as a badfic, it is kind of good in ways. I like the way Haruhi's written, her tsundere-chan was cute.
Old 2009-08-25, 18:04   Link #263
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
I can't say if it is related to the Sturgeon's Law discussion. I haven't read much of this thread...

Its an interesting idea. Might be mentioned in canon but hell, I'm interested in seeing people's own perspectives on said matters. I say go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
Interesting. I like the idea of it. It's certainly worth exploring. Although I doubt it'll be popular, but whatever. Not everyone is an attention whore (like me ).

I have read a few fic with Mikuru's POV done. One was crap, and the other was decent.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5317336/...uzumiya_Haruhi

That story is told from the POV of nearly all the major characters, even Taniguchi and Tsuruya. It's pretty good, and worth talking a look.
Glad to hear it, its always reassuring to hear you're not off your rocker on a plot idea. I'll give the it a whirl and see about posting something here soon.

Checked out Favoritism, and was really impressed, up until about half way through. After that point, the jury's still out.
Old 2009-08-25, 19:27   Link #264
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Not me! I prefer having at least one prominent male character in each of my favorite animes. With this one... I'm fine with the characters normal gender way.
You can have Kyon with a harem of the entire female SOS cast XD (Kyon/Kyonko, Kyon/Itsuko, Kyon/Mikuru, Kyon/Computer Club Pres female, Kyon/Tanaguchi female, Kyon/Kunikuda female, etc.) XD
Old 2009-08-25, 20:22   Link #265
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
You can have Kyon with a harem of the entire female SOS cast XD (Kyon/Kyonko, Kyon/Itsuko, Kyon/Mikuru, Kyon/Computer Club Pres female, Kyon/Tanaguchi female, Kyon/Kunikuda female, etc.) XD
Alternately... Haruki, Lord of the Bunnies!
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-26, 13:33   Link #266
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol Haruki is less known for a crossover

Kyon is well known for all female crossovers XD (refer to pairing)
Old 2009-08-26, 16:53   Link #267
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Kyon doesn't have a picture of him surrounded by female Brigade members in bunnygirl outfits.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-26, 17:20   Link #268
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Checked out Favoritism, and was really impressed, up until about half way through. After that point, the jury's still out.
I agree that it got weaker at the halfway point. I haven't read all of it yet, either. I just figured it was worth a look just to see what the author did with the different POV's.
Old 2009-08-29, 16:41   Link #269
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

For something a little different, here's a really nice crackfic done for Haruhi:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5247813/...t_HaruhiRolled

mmm crack....fic...

P.S. Time to shamelessly promote the new chapter that up now.
Old 2009-08-29, 21:01   Link #270
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

That is by far the most amusing and funny fanfic I have ever read.
Everyone is so out of character and there's no plot. It's just a series of random sketches. But that's what makes it hilarious!
Favorite ones are Haruhi accidentally killing Kyon when she bangs his head on her desk and Kyon's hilariously bad pickup lines.
I am absolutely loving the epic fight right now of Evil Yuki vs Drunk Mikuru.

I saw you put up a new chapter today. I loved the way you wrote Haruhi's progressing thoughts in her diary. Also the water fight.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-09-01, 23:53   Link #271
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I had a couple people recently ask me if they could use my characters in their fic. I told them both that I was totally cool with it, as long as they gave me credit for the characters.

I'm actually pretty excited to see how they characterize Naru and Oruki. I hope they do a good job.
Old 2009-09-01, 23:58   Link #272
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4467073/...estyle_of_Kyon (XD I think I would recommend this one as well...)
Old 2009-09-02, 02:20   Link #273
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I had a couple people recently ask me if they could use my characters in their fic. I told them both that I was totally cool with it, as long as they gave me credit for the characters.

I'm actually pretty excited to see how they characterize Naru and Oruki. I hope they do a good job.
I was actually going to ask about it too. ^^;. Sorry, they are awesome! Though, depending how concerned you are with them, they're role could be anything from just a cameo to speaking role.
Old 2009-09-02, 03:29   Link #274
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

I'm totally cool with it. Just mention that Naru and Oruki were created by me and you have my permission in your authors notes. Does whatever you want with them after that. Cameos, speaking parts, major roles, I don't care. I think it'll fun to read other people's attempts to characterize them.
Old 2009-09-02, 12:04   Link #275
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
I updated my fic with a new chapter, please enjoy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5296092/2/
Old 2009-09-06, 03:06   Link #276
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I just had ideas about a Haruhi and Halo crossover. O.O

Should I write it down? Hmmm...
Old 2009-09-06, 07:45   Link #277
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
I just had ideas about a Haruhi and Halo crossover. O.O

Should I write it down? Hmmm...
Elaborate on this.
Old 2009-09-06, 07:58   Link #278
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Hmm, weeeeeeeeeeeel, Haruhi's an LT, Kyon's a SGT, and they're both in the same squad, with, WHO KNEW, Koizumi, Nagato and Mikuru(better make her a medic lol). It's the start of the Human-Covenant war. Now considering the Covenant are ALIENS, and that Haruhi absolutely LUUUURVES aliens...yeah. Hilarity may or may not ensue. I've got a pretty rough idea of the characters and a bit of the storyline. Who knows, I might join it up with another fanfic of Halo I've already put up. I'm pretty sure I can pull it through Kyon's POV, I share his cynicism sometimes ;D

Setting: Harvest, Spirit of Fire, perhaps Reach?

Characters: SOS Brigade. Will borrow some from the books/Halo Wars most probably.

Weapons: hell yes. Haruhi with an MA5B spraying wildly while Kyon's face palming and Mikuru's cowering in a corner of the firing range during training? Priceless.

Anyway, I'm writing another one on a song actually which is actually right here now. Romance. Might put a similar situation into the Haruhi/Halo cross, when they're having a bit of uh...R&R. Hehehe.

Last edited by Khu; 2009-09-06 at 08:47.
Old 2009-09-06, 22:28   Link #279
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Hmm, weeeeeeeeeeeel, Haruhi's an LT, Kyon's a SGT, and they're both in the same squad, with, WHO KNEW, Koizumi, Nagato and Mikuru(better make her a medic lol). It's the start of the Human-Covenant war. Now considering the Covenant are ALIENS, and that Haruhi absolutely LUUUURVES aliens...yeah. Hilarity may or may not ensue. I've got a pretty rough idea of the characters and a bit of the storyline. Who knows, I might join it up with another fanfic of Halo I've already put up. I'm pretty sure I can pull it through Kyon's POV, I share his cynicism sometimes ;D

Setting: Harvest, Spirit of Fire, perhaps Reach?

Characters: SOS Brigade. Will borrow some from the books/Halo Wars most probably.

Weapons: hell yes. Haruhi with an MA5B spraying wildly while Kyon's face palming and Mikuru's cowering in a corner of the firing range during training? Priceless.

Anyway, I'm writing another one on a song actually which is actually right here now. Romance. Might put a similar situation into the Haruhi/Halo cross, when they're having a bit of uh...R&R. Hehehe.
In the words of a certain Irish brewer: "BRILLIANT!"

All Glory to the Greentext.
Old 2009-09-07, 01:09   Link #280
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

lol. Which one, the Halo or the romance? XD

omg someone favourited the story yay ^^

Last edited by Khu; 2009-09-07 at 02:22.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction