AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 16:52   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Aquarion EVOL - Character Discussion - Kagura

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kagura related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Aquarion Series fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 17:06.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:19   Link #2
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I find Kagura to be a selfish batshit insane monster who slaughters people just because he feels irritated. I'll never forgive this piece of crap no mater what! For he love of god, he bares his fangs towards everyone with no remorse.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:22   Link #3
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

For some reason, i feel a lot more sympathy with kagura than with amata.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:25   Link #4
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Kagura's chasing after Mikono reminds me of that abominable snowman from looney tunes.

"I will hold him and squeeze him and love him, and pet him my little george."

I'm sorry, but Kagura reminds of that, and I can't help but laugh when he goes after Mikono because of this.
Old 2012-03-26, 02:35   Link #5
Thess

He needs a bit of character development, but he's amusing in a very simplistic way.

"Oh nooo! He killed People!!!1" makes me

Zen seemed to imply that his powers are messing up with him (that and Mykage).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-26 at 10:27. Reason: Genesis comment removed
Old 2012-03-26, 07:48   Link #6
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Zen seemed to imply that his powers are messing up with him (that and Mykage).
I'm under the impression that his powers activated, for the first time, in Episode 11 when he turns himself into a beast, but then again he does have a *beast mode* in Episode 6 as well but he never repaired his Mithra with reversal in the past (he quite specifically stole a limb from another bot in the first two episodes, and he just gets owned by the Spada in his second showing). This is after Mykage's mind raping and, after this point, Kagura is quite clearly off his rocker. What I gather from Fudo is that, for Kagura, his now awakened power is really mucking with his head as he keeps flipping between hatred, love, concern, and violence towards Mikono. Just follow the many expressions and emotions he seems to go through in this last episode (13) with regards to Mikono.

I cannot think of much else that his powers can really do to him.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:53   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I'm scared of him... he's like a vampire desperate for your blood.... and will not let anyone stop him from getting that from you...
Old 2012-03-26, 10:26   Link #8
Zuul

I feel toward him way more sympathy than for the main character.

He's a lot more charismatic, funny and original.
And unlike the boring invincible hero he gives me that underdog feel. I can't help but root for him against the MC.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:52   Link #9
Hyack

Can't we trade him for Jin death?
Old 2012-03-26, 11:20   Link #10
Sixth
Hu Tao

Annoying character. Hope that he got killed in the next episode.
Old 2012-03-26, 11:29   Link #11
Hyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Annoying character. Hope that he got killed in the next episode.
Agree with this, too bad he is the main character.. So I wont happen (yet).
Old 2012-03-26, 13:44   Link #12
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I'm under the impression that his powers activated, for the first time, in Episode 11 when he turns himself into a beast, but then again he does have a *beast mode* in Episode 6 as well but he never repaired his Mithra with reversal in the past (he quite specifically stole a limb from another bot in the first two episodes, and he just gets owned by the Spada in his second showing). This is after Mykage's mind raping and, after this point, Kagura is quite clearly off his rocker. What I gather from Fudo is that, for Kagura, his now awakened power is really mucking with his head as he keeps flipping between hatred, love, concern, and violence towards Mikono. Just follow the many expressions and emotions he seems to go through in this last episode (13) with regards to Mikono.

I cannot think of much else that his powers can really do to him.
Actually he hasn't demonstrated any violence toward Mikono. Only those who would keep her from him. He says he wants to kill her but I thought it was clear that he says the opposite of what he means.

Oh the look on his face when she rejected him was a mix of confusion and pain

I melted. "I am going to crush you in my arms forever" does that really sound like a psycho killer ? He says the opposite of what he means because of "Reversal"

So when he says "I'm going to stick my fangs in you smelly woman" he truly means

" Yo Boo..Your scent is driving me crazy and when I get my hands on dat ass, I am going to knock those 'walls' down!"

This episode actually gave him more depth and I think it's the first step to making him redeemable even if I always thought he was from the get-go
Old 2012-03-26, 14:20   Link #13
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Actually he hasn't demonstrated any violence toward Mikono. Only those who would keep her from him. He says he wants to kill her but I thought it was clear that he says the opposite of what he means.

Oh the look on his face when she rejected him was a mix of confusion and pain

I melted. "I am going to crush you in my arms forever" does that really sound like a psycho killer ? He says the opposite of what he means because of "Reversal"

So when he says "I'm going to stick my fangs in you smelly woman" he truly means

" Yo Boo..Your scent is driving me crazy and when I get my hands on dat ass, I am going to knock those 'walls' down!"

This episode actually gave him more depth and I think it's the first step to making him redeemable even if I always thought he was from the get-go
This was my impression too. His actions were the opposite of what he says.

Which made him hilarious. He was about to kiss her when Amata stepped in.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-26, 14:25   Link #14
Zuul

He was so happy it made him so damn adorable. And may I say moe.
Old 2012-03-26, 14:41   Link #15
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
He was so happy it made him so damn adorable. And may I say moe.
I laughed aloud with his little dance. But then he was holding her when he said he was going to "crush her" with those arms. He wasn't murderous, he was pretty childish.

Old 2012-03-26, 14:57   Link #16
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I laughed aloud with his little dance. But then he was holding her when he said he was going to "crush her" with those arms. He wasn't murderous, he was pretty childish.
it melt my heart.

I'm not sure Mikono got the right message through.

Poor Kagura !!

In this ep he actually came up with a pretty smart way of killing Amata. It let me thunderstruck. Literally. It seems like I really understimated his intelligence.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:24   Link #17
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

On another note, sometimes I can't take Kagura seriously because when I hear his voice I automatically think Accelerator. :P

Here's to hoping that Kagura finds a Loli girl like Last Order? That would be so adorable. (Ironically, that's my username but has nothing to do with that )
Old 2012-03-26, 19:57   Link #18
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

His power of reversal really gives away his real intentions as opposed to what he is saying
Old 2012-03-27, 09:23   Link #19
mumucchi
hopeless romantic

Spoiler for kagura's "murder proposal face":

Kaguraaaaaaaaaa

Old 2012-03-27, 14:17   Link #20
mixordia

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Closed Thread

Tags
characters