AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-31, 01:32   Link #24001
desrtsku
Nympholept

A fourth week ... I need at least that for my boasting sessions, may it happen.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:49   Link #24002
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

I wonder how much will the movie boost sales.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:57   Link #24003
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Honestly I'm not sure; Index had already used it's Rockband Star Power for the second season so I doubt it would draw in anyone who wasn't already a fan to begin with.
Old 2013-01-31, 07:25   Link #24004
desrtsku
Nympholept

It might draw the Macross and Gundam Seed fans ...
Old 2013-01-31, 07:26   Link #24005
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
It might draw the Macross and Gundam Seed fans ...
Because of the mecha design? Somehow I think that's a bit of a stretch

Oh wait, we also have a songstress as well right ?
Old 2013-01-31, 07:31   Link #24006
desrtsku
Nympholept

hahem ... that's just pure coincidences of course, there's no way they'd have made all of that purposely.
Old 2013-01-31, 07:45   Link #24007
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
hahem ... that's just pure coincidences of course, there's no way they'd have made all of that purposely.
Pink hair songstress in a futuristic setting? HMMMMMMMM....
Old 2013-01-31, 09:47   Link #24008
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

maybe because of the itano circus ??^^;;
Old 2013-01-31, 17:53   Link #24009
Javiersansano

Question... In which novel or.sidestory is.the.whole aeons and thelemites stuff explaimed? Or.is.all that from material.external to ToAru Majutsu no Index-verse?

Thanks.beforehand
Old 2013-01-31, 18:03   Link #24010
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Question... In which novel or.sidestory is.the.whole aeons and thelemites stuff explaimed? Or.is.all that from material.external to ToAru Majutsu no Index-verse?

Thanks.beforehand
Anything that involves Aleister or Aiwass.

You might have more luck if you research volume 7 because it surrounds the [Book of Law] that Aleister Crowley wrote regarding the subject and is in fact the main 'philosophy' which Raildex's Aleister follows... Albeit with some leeway.

But most of the talk on Aeons are external research.
Old 2013-01-31, 18:42   Link #24011
blackwhite67
Banned

Could someone explain the stuff on Aeons that were not explained in the book to a poor fan such as myself? I never saw any research done on it. I assumed that the Aeon of Osiris referred to God and magic and stuff while the Aeon of Horus referred to Aleister's new laws, but that's all I got. If there is more then please explain. Also, I don't understand how this is related to Egyptian gods. Why Egyptian for starters?
Old 2013-01-31, 21:43   Link #24012
R.LocK
My turn

For convenience and simplicity. Also, Crowley was in Egypt when he 'heard the voices of gods and Aiwass'.
Aeon of Horus refers to the shift in which The Man is God. Aeon of Osiris refers to the worship of Dying God. Aeon of Isis is about... actually, most of the talk in Campione! 1 is about what is Aeon of Isis.

Oh, wiki. How do I like to find some meaningless things that can be so amusing. Even though I'm pretty sure that someone else before me pointed it out.
Quote:
He wrote that he was "dumbfounded about what to do with The Book of the Law" and eventually decided to ignore the instructions that it commanded him to perform, which included taking the Stele of Revealing from the museum, fortifying his own island and translating the Book into all the world's languages.
Three words: Academy City & Grimoires.
Old 2013-01-31, 21:50   Link #24013
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
For convenience and simplicity. Also, Crowley was in Egypt when he 'heard the voices of gods and Aiwass'.
Aeon of Horus refers to the shift in which The Man is God. Aeon of Osiris refers to the worship of Dying God. Aeon of Isis is about... actually, most of the talk in Campione! 1 is about what is Aeon of Isis.
I couldn't have simplify it better Especially the part about Campione. The entire 'backstory' of Athena was pretty much Crowley's depiction of the Aeon of Isis transiting into the Aeon of Osiris where the main religions of the World stopped worshiping a 'Motherly' Nurturing Goddess figure, started worshiping a 'Fatherly' Authoritative God figure, eg. Zeus, Odin, Jupiter, GOD.

Anyway the Egyptian Gods were just a name or a label for the Aeons; you could replace them with whatever pagan counterpart and the main idea is still there.
Old 2013-02-01, 09:54   Link #24014
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Whenever Miki-san twitts anything about Kamachi, you know it's going to be good...

(source)
Quote:
タイトル『鎌池さんと僕』。「原稿間に合わないかも。だから一週間缶詰するっす。監修物はそれ以降に」「了 解~(さすがの鎌池さんも今回はきつかったか。安心安心)」~2日後~「原稿の息抜きに、別のシナリオ書い てたら上がってしまったので今から送ります」「…………うぃーっす(^ω^;)??」
Old 2013-02-01, 10:01   Link #24015
Sumeragi
Banned

Basically, Kamachi-san said that it would take a week to get out a draft, but came back in two days with the draft saying it was just a breather and that he was working on a different scenario.
Old 2013-02-01, 10:49   Link #24016
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Basically, Kamachi-san said that it would take a week to get out a draft, but came back in two days with the draft saying it was just a breather and that he was working on a different scenario.
What's the exact translation ? It's always hilarious to read Miki-san's exasperation when dealing with Kamachi's overachieving mentality
Old 2013-02-01, 11:24   Link #24017
judasmartel
*Author

The only thing stopping him from becoming the Eiichiro Oda of Light Novels is...
Old 2013-02-01, 11:27   Link #24018
Sumeragi
Banned

Fine fine.

"Kamachi-san and I"

"The draft will be late, so I'll be shutting myself up for a week."
"Understood (Perhaps Kamachi is feeling difficulties. Relieved relieved)"
~Two days later~
"I'll be now sending a different scenario I've finished while I'm taking a breather, ."
「…………うぃーっす(^ω^;)??」
Old 2013-02-01, 11:40   Link #24019
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
The only thing stopping him from becoming the Eiichiro Oda of Light Novels is...
you could say that index is one piece of novel with it being the best selling out there. But still One piece in terms of sells is god mode comparing to other manga and for Index. The average sales of its volume is rather in the upper levels of some novels. The only great thing about index is its number and despite the number of volumes. The quality doesn't drop but instead increases.
Old 2013-02-01, 16:26   Link #24020
cleed

Side story? The last time messages like this were exchanged SS2 came out after.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen