Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 20:15   Link #1761
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When is Ikki going to appear anyway? I've been waiting for him for ages!
Never, or at the end, after the battles. There's no way to fairly write Ikki, without him curbstomping everyone. The others can't fight because the poison would burn their cosmo and they would die. Ikki would die, and come back stronger.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 21:10   Link #1762
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Do LC fans really hate Omega that much? I'm an LC fan, but still found Omega highly enjoyable and glad that it get more season.
Yeah, it gets a lote of hate from LC fans who somehow believe Omega being done is the reason why they won't get more LC (which doesn't make sense at all, for many reasons).
If anything, Omega is trying to make Saint Seiya popular in Japan again, which would be great news for every general SS fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Never, or at the end, after the battles. There's no way to fairly write Ikki, without him curbstomping everyone. The others can't fight because the poison would burn their cosmo and they would die. Ikki would die, and come back stronger.
You know, i've been thinking about this, and i think they're indeed avoiding to write Ikki in because he's such a difficult character to handle. Anyone who watched the original anime knows how badly portrayed Ikki was in filler scenes/arcs. He was much more friendly, tamed and sociable than manga Ikki.

I mean, we saw Ikki all emotional with the others at the end of Asgard, crying and everything...then they went back to canon and Ikki is back to being a badass who insults his Bronze friends.
Hell, at the beginning of the series they made Ikki LIVE with the others, which would be unthinkable for manga Ikki, who actually went MIA and was willing to atone for his sins.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 21:39   Link #1763
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think anybody who understands how anime are developed should be able to understand that Lost Canvas' cancellation has nothing to do with Omega. Different studios, different staff.

Also, yes Ikki can be really incosistent depending on the adaptation. In the first three movies he helps his friends and joins them. In the fourth he was like "Okay losers, I'm moving on." The Tenkai hen might have been controversial but I think that's where we see the most developed Ikki and Shun as the two join forces to fight one of Artemisa's Angels.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 22:05   Link #1764
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Tsujita mentioned there was a meeting yesterday about Omega's 51th episode and he says it's the "last Seiya" he's involved with. He says he never dreamed of such an opportunity popping up and that in the end there might be a bit of regret on how he'd want to do things, but seems thankful for working on it.
Staff change? Or maybe Seiya will die?
Old 2013-02-23, 22:20   Link #1765
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Toei can't kill Seiya. I mean they have been trying to kill him for the last 25 years and they couldn't do it. He is the titular character and is protected by canon. He could just disappear for the tenth time and leave the newbies with his work. Now, original Omega characters? Toei can kill them since they created them.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:21   Link #1766
cyoti

Will Yokote get promoted to head writer now? Or is Toei still bummed about how they screwed up Goseiger.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 22:42   Link #1767
xellos2099

Quote:
Do LC fans really hate Omega that much? I'm an LC fan, but still found Omega highly enjoyable and glad that it get more season.
It is not hate but Omega fight feel... not as hot-blooded.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 23:21   Link #1768
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Well, to be fair, in any SS anime, there are times where some fights can be really good and really bad. If I were to generalize, the fights in LC lack in moving score (the score is really bland imo), while the fights in Omega lack in animation (stock footage doesn't help matters too).

Anyway, since LC has Yuzuriha and Omega has Yuna, I can’t really complain that much.
Old 2013-02-24, 00:45   Link #1769
belxebu

Quote:
Well, to be fair, in any SS anime, there are times where some fights can be really good and really bad. If I were to generalize, the fights in LC lack in moving score (the score is really bland imo), while the fights in Omega lack in animation (stock footage doesn't help matters too).

Anyway, since LC has Yuzuriha and Omega has Yuna, I can’t really complain that much.
I complain because I couldn't see my favorite specter, Violate (or it was Violette?), in action. At least Omega has the Hateful Paradox, but where the hell is she?!
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 01:03   Link #1770
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
I complain because I couldn't see my favorite specter, Violate (or it was Violette?), in action. At least Omega has the Hateful Paradox, but where the hell is she?!
I believe it’s Behemoth Violate.

Yeah, that’s too bad. I like her too. It’s not everyday we get to see strong female character like that. If you follow Fullmetal Alchemist, Violate kinda reminds me of Olivier/Olivia Mira Armstrong.
Old 2013-02-24, 01:07   Link #1771
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I think he means about LC groups on facebook which are hating on Omega because LC didn't get more episodes but Omega can .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Yeah, it gets a lote of hate from LC fans who somehow believe Omega being done is the reason why they won't get more LC (which doesn't make sense at all, for many reasons).
If anything, Omega is trying to make Saint Seiya popular in Japan again, which would be great news for every general SS fan.
This.
Heck, it even buys time for Kurumada and gives him some ideas like Shoryu who was inspired by Ryuho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
You know, i've been thinking about this, and i think they're indeed avoiding to write Ikki in because he's such a difficult character to handle. Anyone who watched the original anime knows how badly portrayed Ikki was in filler scenes/arcs. He was much more friendly, tamed and sociable than manga Ikki.

I mean, we saw Ikki all emotional with the others at the end of Asgard, crying and everything...then they went back to canon and Ikki is back to being a badass who insults his Bronze friends.
Hell, at the beginning of the series they made Ikki LIVE with the others, which would be unthinkable for manga Ikki, who actually went MIA and was willing to atone for his sins.
In the manga he was very emotional when he woke up at Virgo Temple and found in the:
- Shiryu falling from the sky while wearing Capricorn's gold cloth.
- Hyoga dying of cold.
- Shun dying of blood loss.

He even admited he was pretty inmatur fighting his brothers for a stupid reason and thus used his own body to shield Seiya from Saga's Galaxian Explosion which turned him dust.

Ikki on the original arcs/movies was not just a badass but a total badass.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 01:14   Link #1772
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In the manga he was very emotional when he woke up at Virgo Temple and found in the:
- Shiryu falling from the sky while wearing Capricorn's gold cloth.
- Hyoga dying of cold.
- Shun dying of blood loss.
Sure he had his moments, but not to the point of crying and smiling along with the others in the end of Asgard. That was just a weird scene. The way the anime treated him sometimes made Ikki seem inconsistent to the point of being crazy.

But the point where the anime radically changed his character was when he came back to make peace and live with Saori and co. like nothing happened. Then they made him suddenly pick a fight with the others in the end of the Silver Saints arc "to fool their enemies", but the real reason was just so he could leave the mansion, since according to the manga he was never there.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 01:35   Link #1773
belxebu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Nah, that only seems of that way to you because Kouga don't has the Nagaideburns nor the big eyebrows of Seiya

belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:18   Link #1774
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
I believe it’s Behemoth Violate.

Yeah, that’s too bad. I like her too. It’s not everyday we get to see strong female character like that. If you follow Fullmetal Alchemist, Violate kinda reminds me of Olivier/Olivia Mira Armstrong.
Really? I thought Violate was cliche and a poor character. The woman getting so strong that she discarded her feminine identity and is essentially no more than a meat tank with a vagina is shallow IMO, because I see too many of them in shows like Gundam (too many violent/aggressive female in Gundam to count). I'd rather see strong female characters whom are actually both strong and proud as a female where the two qualities co-exists. Someone like Yuuna or Yuuna's teacher to me is a much better representation of a strong female character.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:38   Link #1775
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Really? I thought Violate was cliche and a poor character. The woman getting so strong that she discarded her feminine identity and is essentially no more than a meat tank with a vagina is shallow IMO, because I see too many of them in shows like Gundam (too many violent/aggressive female in Gundam to count). I'd rather see strong female characters whom are actually both strong and proud as a female where the two qualities co-exists. Someone like Yuuna or Yuuna's teacher to me is a much better representation of a strong female character.
No, no. What I said in my previous post is not about perfectly/properly strong women, but more about "macho women" that we rarely get these days. They might be shallow, but I won't go as far as describe them as "meat tanks with vaginas" .

And just to note, not every Gundam has that kinda "macho women" who discarded their femininity. 00, X, 0080, Zeta, and the original MSG come to mind for having properly strong feminine women.
Old 2013-02-24, 02:44   Link #1776
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I think LC had the most beautiful fight sequences in the SS universe. The show's music was good as well.

Personally, my favorite SS arc is by far Asgard; particularly, Mime of Benethosh and Seigfried stole the show for me. Hilda was also a very good villain.
Asgard's graphics and music score were epic in my opinion.

My favorite SS character is Hyoga and my favorite SS episode is his fight versus Camus. My second favorite fight is Andromeda and Ikki vs Mime.

So to celebrate the greatness of Saint Seiya I decided to give you all a gift (All from my youtube channel)... enjoy!

Hyoga vs Camus

Siegfried vs all bronze saints

Ikki's history
Old 2013-02-24, 02:54   Link #1777
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
No, no. What I said in my previous post is not about perfectly/properly strong women, but more about "macho women" that we rarely get these days. They might be shallow, but I won't go as far as describe them as "meat tanks with vaginas" .
I think they do less of them is preciously because they are rarely done well and ends up being "meat tanks with vaginas" - at least that's my impression of such characters. The macho women characters are usually the "I'm very aggressive and dumb, even more than my male counterparts" types, yet there doesn't seem to be much of a "gentle giant" types being explored (since it seems to be some unknown rule which says the gentle female has to be useless in shounen shows), which is kind of a pity because shounen fighting shows are a very good platform to explore such characters.

Quote:
And just to note, not every Gundam has that kinda "macho women" who discarded their femininity. 00, X, 0080, Zeta, and the original MSG come to mind for having properly strong feminine women.
Of course I'm not saying Gundam only has macho woman - I'm just saying that Gundam had a few of them such that if you've seen them you've had seen a lot of macho woman.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:19   Link #1778
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I think they do less of them is preciously because they are rarely done well and ends up being "meat tanks with vaginas" - at least that's my impression of such characters. The macho women characters are usually the "I'm very aggressive and dumb, even more than my male counterparts" types, yet there doesn't seem to be much of a "gentle giant" types being explored (since it seems to be some unknown rule which says the gentle female has to be useless in shounen shows), which is kind of a pity because shounen fighting shows are a very good platform to explore such characters.
Well, what I particularly like from Violate among others (aside from being macho) is that she has a really strong presence that dwarf other characters (even Garuda Aiakos himself). Even Leo Regulus who fought toe-to-toe with her isn’t enough to steal her presence. Also, she’s not that dumb. She’s just devoted beyond belief to Aiakos. Yes, I agree with you that she’s a one-note and cliche character, but sometimes, that kinda character is really enjoyable to have. Just like watching Arnie, Sly (as Rambo), or Steven Seagal characters in their old movies. Those characters are also one dimensional but watching them doing their thing is such a treat.
Old 2013-02-24, 07:04   Link #1779
Tetsu Aero

Well most of the reasons that LC and original fans dislike Omega is because of all the changes they made to make it look like precure. Which is not the image most fans want Saint Seiya to have. imagine Dragonball, but Goku and co starts to wear spandex suits, and the girls wear s/m spandex.

Shaina having a full cloth was the best though

Technically, femininity is a concept that is not used in a lot of cultures, so viewing characters as having discarded their femininity is sort of wrong.

Last edited by Tetsu Aero; 2013-02-24 at 12:11.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 08:05   Link #1780
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A joke on the original series' Another Dimension that was repeated lots of times. Or Otra Dimension since this is from the South America dub.

Tags
action, shounen