AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-18, 13:13   Link #1101
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
I'm sure anyone who has spent a life time in that facility would like to kill everyone...
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 13:35   Link #1102
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Lucy was already bent on killing off the entire humanity before she got captured into the facility.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 15:28   Link #1103
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Lucy was already bent on killing off the entire humanity
That's why it is SAD

Painful childhood abuse + Only friend lying to her + Psychopathic instinct personality within her mind = Genocider of Humankind.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 16:21   Link #1104
Chronissz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
That's why it is SAD

Painful childhood abuse + Only friend lying to her + Psychopathic instinct personality within her mind = Genocider of Humankind.
Yep, I cant write it off as, oh she was designed to kill so thats why she did everything. We know there was a large psychological aspect to it, that was apparent throughout the entire show. Why bother showing her childhood experiences if she always had this inherent will to kill?

Because she didnt, she was pushed to the limits of her sanity and snapped, that was shown in detail when she was in school and they killed the dog, in part I agree it has something to do with her vectors, but its not the entirity of it, and I even go as far as to say its not the majority.

Remember she had a direct talk with her other personality before she murdered everyone at the festival. She was conscious of her actions and truly knew them to be wrong, this is the point where her normal personality descended into true darkness and she let the dormant psychopath personality surface. That dormant psychopath personality was created the day she slaughtered the kids in the school, once you kill one time it changes you for the rest of your life. The problem with Lucy was that she killed at such a young age that she couldnt control herself, she didnt have the maturity to comprehend everything, and she was incredibly confused with what she had done and was going to continue doing.

If a human child had the powers she had, and was through what she went through, that human child would almost definitly do exactly what Lucy did, to write off her actions as saying she is a diclonius so thats why she did everything is like taking the easy way out. In my opinion the lesson to be learned from the show is this, Humans are no better then Diclonius, they might be mass murderers, but if they are it was caused by us humans to begin with. Without our negative interference in their lives they would grow up to be just like us, but when you subject them to these sick experiments and mental abuse, they snap, just like humans would, the only difference is they have something that allows them to lash out in a way humans could never do.

The main fault for Lucy is that as she grew up she started to like killing people, she seemed to do it just because she could, it no longer had a psychological aspect too it, she had just become a monster. If ever the vectors would be responsible this would be when they were. As an adult she still killed almost everyone in sight, but she had the ability to stop at any time, I think she had made up her mind that because she had been doing it for so long it was OK to just wipe out all humans. That was what she was designed for in the first place, thats what everyone had been telling her, and she used that excuse to rationalize her actions. This is the number one problem with Lucy, when given the chance to stop she didnt, she did not even attempt to stop. The only question is, after confronting Kouta, has she come to terms with who she was, and can she understand why this rampant killing is unjustified?

After her first confrontation with Kouta (In her real personality) did she ever kill without provocation again? I cannot recall if she did, but I certainly dont remember her doing so. I remember that she was ready to kill without thought, but once she saw who it was it changed her, it made her come to terms with herself and remember the past, from that moment on she was changed, the human characteristics within her, compassion, remorse, regret, they all came to the surface.

Last edited by Chronissz; 2004-12-18 at 17:15.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 18:53   Link #1105
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Holy Crapola... who opened up this can of worms..?

I'm not even going to start to reply to those, but I *would* like to see is them releasing a sequel or an OVA that continues from the end of the TV anime. Let's go back being a simpleminded thread and start guessing what the continuation would be like if there is one? I think it's most likely they'll follow the manga's example and have Nyuu come back with her horns gone, therefore sealing away the Lucy personality as well as vectors. Well...

Spoiler:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 23:58   Link #1106
Colonel-

That bastard got his tongue

Spoiler:

Good riddance, another one of the Director's son killed off by Lucy.
Old 2004-12-19, 01:56   Link #1107
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
That bastard got his tongue

Spoiler:

WHA!? NO HE DIDN'T *runs off to check EL75*

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-20, 10:37   Link #1108
da_man741852963

dunno if you guys noticed this, but there was a series of discussion back in page 30 to 40ish talking about the planned project of an ova. No need to hope because it is being planned.
da_man741852963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 15:29   Link #1109
Icehawk

Hmmm, it would suck if they only come out with one single half hour OVA to continue the story. Should make it a whole second season.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 15:59   Link #1110
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Lets Hope so, and lets hope its more then 13 eps.
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 17:54   Link #1111
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_man741852963
dunno if you guys noticed this, but there was a series of discussion back in page 30 to 40ish talking about the planned project of an ova. No need to hope because it is being planned.
That was supposedly a 30 minute original OVA episode to be included at the last DVD release (7th Note), probably because 7 DVDs don't divide into 13 episodes cleanly, the 7th DVD will only have the last (13th) episode so they needed to fill it up with another 30 minutes of something. It's an original story that's not connected with the main plot, like a gaiden or something, that revolves around Nana. While what we would really like to see is a sequel TV season or at least a sequel OVA series. But I suppose that depends a lot on coporate interests and sponsoring. If they do make one though, they'd have to start fixing things like death of Kurama (shouldn't be hard: Bando saves him, or Mariko pushing him away with her vectors at the last moment are all plausible). And the anime would probably have to get Nozomi in the picture at some point. And assuming Lucy lived but with her horns broken, therefore sealing Lucy and vectors away, leaving only Nyuu, who matures quickly. Other than that, the anime can pretty much pick up in the same way the manga volume 8 started with no problems. Like I said though, I think it depends a lot on coporate and public interest.
Old 2004-12-20, 19:00   Link #1112
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

There's that little point about Kouta not recovering from his selected amnesia in the manga as opposed to his anime counterpart.....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 22:05   Link #1113
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
There's that little point about Kouta not recovering from his selected amnesia in the manga as opposed to his anime counterpart.....
That's why, if ever there's a faint hope for the producers to come up with an OVA continuation or second season, they should follow what Sushi-Y explains below given that the manga's now moving into a more macabre and darker pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
As for the possibility of a sequel, by looking at where the manga is now (further and further away from the anime story), the only way for this to work would have to be something along the line of Full Metal Alchemist, where anime and manga branched out and went on with two different storylines.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 22:33   Link #1114
Icehawk

Ughh, I REALLY hope they don't do something stupid like having Kurama come back. His death with Mariko fit perfectly in the Anime and it would just be stupid trying to make an excuse of him surviving when its clear that he didnt (the explosion was rather large, even a last second lunge away would get you burned to a crisp or at least have your internal organs turned to mush from the blast shock anyways.)

EDIT. I read the first chapter of the Manga and am actually dissappointed with it. The art style is cheesy IMO and the way things play out in the Anime seems much better or more reasonable.

Heh, thats actually pretty rare because for a number of series I usually enjoy or like the Manga better than the anime, but this time the Manga seems inferior IMO.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 23:51   Link #1115
Colonel-

Read a whole volume before declaring the manga as "inferior" please =) Both the manga and the anime has their procs and cons, but i do not think either one is "inferior" to one another. They simply have their own strengths in certain areas
Old 2004-12-21, 03:32   Link #1116
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the manga artwork is definitely worse than the anime, but the story is by far superior and more "complete" than the anime, also the art work actually makes Lucy look more evil which is a plus IMO

Kurama could very well be alive, Mariko may have protected him with her vectors, or throw herself away from Kurama in the last second. The vectors can protect a person from something much more than a big explosion, and remember Mariko has dozens of them
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 03:51   Link #1117
basilimux

Send a message via MSN to basilimux
WOW! Just finished watching all 13 eps...even though I was suppose to study for my exam. But I just couldn't stop.

I hope that it could be a little bit longer.

Anyways, I found elfen lied to be great.
basilimux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 15:45   Link #1118
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
almost everyone who watches enjoys it alot hahahah public intrest just went up 100percent
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 02:24   Link #1119
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Yeah. But how well did it do in Japan?
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 01:08   Link #1120
closer013

Elfen Lied, AWESOME, But...

Hi all,
This is my first post, so "hi" I guess...
***THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT CONDONE NON-LICENSED ANIME IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM***
Just seen Elfen Lied the other day (it was incredible) and I ask anyone that still has the fansubs to check out episode 9. The part in which the police are surrounding the house after the "head/tricycle" scene... The cops actually yell "Come out with your pants down!" WTF? Thought I'd share this.. I always seem to notice this stuff... If this was brought up before, sorry, just thought it was amusing. Awesome job by the fansubbers, but they need to get more sleep or something...

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-23 at 03:10. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before creating a new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
closer013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen