AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 35 24.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 28.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.69%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.69%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-14, 20:31   Link #121
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Whichever typeset is cleaner I guess? I guess it's your opinion, you can't really justify which subbings are better unless one of them has really awkward translations throughout the episodes.
That's the point of my post. I'm seeking others' opinions. Feel free to ignore mine.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:35   Link #122
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
That's the point of my post. I'm seeking others' opinions. Feel free to ignore mine.
A bit off topic but...

Generally i just use whichever one i recognize that i have use before, or whichever is faster if my preferred is too slow.

In general if you want a lot of opinion on something like this, myanimelist.net under each show has a subbing list with viewers comments and ratings on it. Mind you there are personal attacks and bias and such but you can read their comments and make your own judgment. i would recommend that if you don't recognize the subbers.
Old 2009-04-14, 20:58   Link #123
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ seconded. I personally prefer using a camera, instead of generally cheap ass resolution you get with cellphone (no thanks, I'm fine enough with my 3 years old cellphone model, thankyouverymuch).
Fourth (oh well the discuss ended...)

Giving the OP, Mio seems to have a habit of taking photos with her camera as she walk to school. But we haven't seen her taking any pictures yet up to now (only once in Ep 1), so i wonder if there is certain themes that she want to collect (like flower, dog, girls..... ^^) or was too shy around Yui and Mugi-chan to do anything.
Old 2009-04-15, 00:38   Link #124
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I'm happy that the band is already 100% together, and I am excited to see some more guitar antics from Yui in the next episode.

But in all honesty, as a bassist myself, I am just waiting for Mio to show off her skills in a mind-exploding bass solo!

Sorry if my post derailed any discussion.
Old 2009-04-15, 07:41   Link #125
Justin Kim
*Artist

I don't know why but Mio reminded me of this singer in the ending credits:
http://manganimemty.files.wordpress....0032hmcse3.jpg

~Just the girl without the guys in the background, and her uniform looks somewhat similar to the Bleach ending credits of Ichirin no Hana.
Old 2009-04-15, 11:35   Link #126
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

I'm confuse to give between 9 or 10...

Also confuse which one better ep1 or 2, each has it's own charm + makes me want to use k-on ava-sign
Old 2009-04-16, 02:26   Link #127
Cirrostratucat
絶対領域

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirrostratucat
After watching ep 1 & 2, i'm also desperately trying to make one for myself. Just haven't got the time to do it yet... TTATT

As for episode 2 itself, im curious with the part-time job that they have. Did Japan really have a job like that? I mean, what's the purpose?

And also i just realize this now, it's kinda strange that Yui sister named "Ui"? Is like, are they twins or something? ^^a
Old 2009-04-16, 02:41   Link #128
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrostratucat View Post
After watching ep 1 & 2, i'm also desperately trying to make one for myself. Just haven't got the time to do it yet... TTATT

As for episode 2 itself, im curious with the part-time job that they have. Did Japan really have a job like that? I mean, what's the purpose?

And also i just realize this now, it's kinda strange that Yui sister named "Ui"? Is like, are they twins or something? ^^a
About the part time job, we discussed about them in page 3 (in this thread). In short ,basically it is to calculate the flows of traffics for road or traffic light design.

I also didn't expect her sister's name is Ui. Thought Yui just made some weird sound that time (like Nipah~~ and Mi~). But i'm pretty sure Ui's younger in age than Yui as she wear the middle school uniform (the same with Yui's old school)
Old 2009-04-16, 03:29   Link #129
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Names often follow themes for siblings, at least from my experience with Chinese conventions, so the kanji/hanzi forms might have one character the same and the other different. My sister and I, for example, share a character, lots of my friends and their siblings do too.
Old 2009-04-16, 05:20   Link #130
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I also didn't expect her sister's name is Ui. Thought Yui just made some weird sound that time (like Nipah~~ and Mi~). But i'm pretty sure Ui's younger in age than Yui as she wear the middle school uniform (the same with Yui's old school)
Nipah~ and Mi~ aren't that new, but Ui certainly have never been heard of, even for a name .
Old 2009-04-16, 05:35   Link #131
Justin Kim
*Artist

All we have to do now, is to wait for the next episode to see more cuteness out of all the characters. I really want the band to start playing a gig pretty soon, just a short one. Not a large scale school one, they probably implement a school festival event.
Old 2009-04-16, 19:48   Link #132
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Names often follow themes for siblings, at least from my experience with Chinese conventions, so the kanji/hanzi forms might have one character the same and the other different. My sister and I, for example, share a character, lots of my friends and their siblings do too.
Same with me and my sister, thing is Yui's name is only one kanji (唯). I'm not sure if we've seen the Kanji for Ui's name yet (just checked, she's not on the official site's character page at least), but according to the name database there are a bajillion ways to write it, so... XD

Maybe someone who's read the manga knows?
Old 2009-04-16, 22:09   Link #133
Jimmy C

It should be in the credits right? The only other name with Yui's surname.
Old 2009-04-16, 22:13   Link #134
Raiga
tl;dr

Oooh, that's right. Didn't think of that.

憂 is the kanji.
Old 2009-04-17, 06:19   Link #135
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Oooh, that's right. Didn't think of that.

憂 is the kanji.
By the way, isn't the manga adaptation slightly ahead. It's ongoing isn't it?
Old 2009-04-17, 14:11   Link #136
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet... it's a very Japanese local thing.

The tune Yui plays for the first time to the club, is a Charumera-horn.
It's very familiar to people who lived in Japan during the shouwa era.

It's played by the mobile "yatai" ramen restaurants, when they're passing by a neighborhood, announcing it's arrival.
You don't see them or hear them as much these days, but they were very common place in the 80s (And still are in some urban areas).

If you want to play it, it goes so la ti - la so, so la ti la so la -
Old 2009-04-17, 23:01   Link #137
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet... it's a very Japanese local thing.

The tune Yui plays for the first time to the club, is a Charumera-horn.
It's very familiar to people who lived in Japan during the shouwa era.

It's played by the mobile "yatai" ramen restaurants, when they're passing by a neighborhood, announcing it's arrival.
You don't see them or hear them as much these days, but they were very common place in the 80s (And still are in some urban areas).

If you want to play it, it goes so la ti - la so, so la ti la so la -
So it means she didn't look at any books to learn how to play it. She learned it when she explore her guitar.

It all make sense now, as those're the first kind of tune i could play when i started to learns keyboard, guitar and piano

Ic that's why...
Spoiler for Ep 3:
Old 2009-04-19, 16:26   Link #138
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojisan View Post
The Chairman and Director of Yamaha Corporation is:

http://img.cyzone.cn/attachment/2008...0925328593.jpg

Got joke?

Mugi <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
I had no idea...

OMG KyoAni is win <3 and so is Mugi of course <3
Was that part of her character design done by KyoAni, or was it done by the artist of the manga?
Old 2009-04-19, 18:50   Link #139
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Was that part of her character design done by KyoAni, or was it done by the artist of the manga?
she's like that in the manga too so I have to say artist of the manga x)

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-06-07, 15:48   Link #140
OkamiNoKaze

Great episode, Mio is turning out to be probably my favorite member of the band. Also I think the subtitles for the opening and ending are done in a pretty cool style, are they part of the sequence or were they added by the people doing the subtitles?
Closed Thread