1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.53%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-15, 07:41   Link #221
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Probably the most "o shi" moment in the series;
Spoiler for Large Screencap from Ep 23:
Baw fucking Ali Al-Saachez, even if I knew this might happen... ;_; Regennnnnne.

CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 07:48   Link #222
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Baw fucking Ali Al-Saachez, even if I knew this might happen... ;_; Regennnnnne.
x2 he was my fav innovator

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 07:52   Link #223
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

hahaha what an episode. The action realy intense. Can't wait for next one
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 07:53   Link #224
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Probably the most "o shi" moment in the series;
Spoiler for Large Screencap from Ep 23:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
x2 he was my fav innovator
yea he was cool O_O he will be miss T_T
Old 2009-03-15, 08:00   Link #225
RDF2050
Superidol

Noooooooooooooooo patrick not you pease gundam 00 will not be the same with your jokes .

I fininished watch the Raw dam it not patrick please keep him alive.

8/10 becuase patrick see he is death.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:02   Link #226
Roadie
Banned

You hope that Patrick isn't dead and you apparently rate the episode 8 because you then say he is dead?
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:11   Link #227
Roadie
Banned

Or that Regene's little trouble really was megalomania and he just wanted to claim ownership of the original plan for himself...
Old 2009-03-15, 08:15   Link #228
Eleutheria
旅行癖

What was the point of having mass-produced clones when the new trans-am suits are just suicide bombs? Just for the sake of the WTF shot last episode?

Well, I'd long since given up on thinking about the show - just watching the flow is fine.

My heart goes out to those users who post on weapons and mecha speculation... Sunrise changes the rules too often
Old 2009-03-15, 08:16   Link #229
Roadie
Banned

That was their point- Ribbons created them to kill them. And I highly doubt Gagas out of Trans-Am could stand up to Gundams especially when they're piloted by mindless drones.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:25   Link #230
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

So the mass produced Tau Drives now have Trans-Am? That's really lame.
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:29   Link #231
Glio

If they made it once, they can make more. And since Ribbons basically has unlimited resources, go for it.
Glio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:31   Link #232
Roadie
Banned

Not only that, they've also apparently gained the ability to make topological defects...from what I read earlier in this thread. Which makes them GN Drives, I guess.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:34   Link #233
Galerian

I don't get it.

Everything went pew pew and then everyting went KABOOM....

...and what started as a great series with great characters on both side ended up as this battle royal in which story and character development were the first casualties.

I was never a fan of the Innovator related stuff. I hoped that they were more a mid-level boss and that characters like Sergei, Katy and Ali would ultimately be the show's final 'bosses'. Sergei is dead, Katy, Soma and Patrick are CB sidekicks, Ali a mere lacky to Ribbons, and Graham: who knows? Not the direction I was hoping for. And now I find myself not caring how this will end.

The only thing I am really interested in is Patrick's possible end. He could be dead. He sacrificied himself for Katy, they called each other by their names and he went KABOOM. It is a good death and I am only upset that we won't see him again. Then again. We also had a different colour of smoke and what seemed to be some MS-part blasting off again. So he could be alive. I still have hope. If he is alive; he probably is badly injured and in the epilogue we'll see Katy caring for a hospitalized Patrick.

We'll see.

PS: What a worthless clone army. An entire Trans-am powered innovator army and it did not manage to slaughter CB outright. Talk about depreciation of battle assets. Lucky Ribbons had a cloaked battle fortress (what a big suprise that one was). I await the ultimate plan to destroy the earth/human race for next episode.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:44   Link #234
Roadie
Banned

Well, it should have been clear from the start that the first four characters you mentioned were either going to die or join CB- and the show went to notable lengths to display that Soma and Kati were ill at ease about A-LAWS' methods, and Patrick follows Kati without objection, so yeah. Graham's pretty much the standard masked guy- can't break such a longstanding tradition after all- and Ali pretty much had to be Ribbons' lackey to carry on killing.

Not really a depreciation when he has hundreds of them under his command...
Old 2009-03-15, 08:47   Link #235
Ottocycle

With Ptolemy going Trans-am on its own without a Gundam in it this episode, a fair bit of of the interesting quantum physics speculation has been rendered moot, along with my impression that 00 being the series most rooted in hard science. Well it still can be, if we look at pre-episode17 00.

But well, most of this series' viewers have never been people bothered with hard science. Considering that Very Good(And Well-Researched) Science Fiction Storytelling(TM) got the TBS people really bad ratings for a primetime timeslot(see Toward the Terra), it's not hard to see how series producers cave in to the pressures of capitalism. An inevitability, I guess, especially in the current economic climate.

The show's still entertaining though, still gotta hand it to them for that.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:51   Link #236
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
With Ptolemy going Trans-am on its own without a Gundam in it this episode, a fair bit of of the interesting quantum physics speculation has been rendered moot, along with my impression that 00 being the series most rooted in hard science. Well it still can be, if we look at pre-episode17 00.
GN Condensers can go Trans-Am too. Its just that after Trans-Aming it would have released all its particles and basically be powerless. Since Ptolemy isn't going anywhere after this there's no plothole here.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:53   Link #237
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

man i wonder whats going to happen to somarie -_-" anyway another cool thing was the face healing made wen she found out that tieria wasn't there in his gundam XD oh and the face tieria made wile pointing at ribbons was cool he has become such cool character
Old 2009-03-15, 08:53   Link #238
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

now that is one totally action pack episode. it really get me on the edge of my seat. damn they should have made it one hour.
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:56   Link #239
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Well, it should have been clear from the start that the first four characters you mentioned were either going to die or join CB- and the show went to notable lengths to display that Soma and Kati were ill at ease about A-LAWS' methods, and Patrick follows Kati without objection, so yeah. Graham's pretty much the standard masked guy- can't break such a longstanding tradition after all- and Ali pretty much had to be Ribbons' lackey to carry on killing.

Not really a depreciation when he has hundreds of them under his command...
I think you have a limited view on story telling potentional. Katy/Patrick (the duo, not the individuals as such), Soma, and Ali all were great characters in their own right. Now they are nothing more than appendages of CB or Ribbons. With a little more screen time (at the cost of those empty innovators) they could have been great opponents with their own reasons and view of the world.

And ESPECIALLY a depreciation when he has hundreds of them. What did they accomplish? The Destruction of the CB ship nobody cared about! With kamikaze attacks no less. Seriously do you even need clones for that? It took 4 of them to maybe kill Patrick. Four! Although it pains me to say it: a transam powered innovator suit should be able to fly circles arround Patrick. They should be able to fight a Gundam one on one. Maybe the raw will reveal some info on these clones and their suits (maybe the clones are vegetables and their suits are nothing more than missiles). I am curious, but I doubt any good explanation will be given.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 08:56   Link #240
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
GN Condensers can go Trans-Am too. Its just that after Trans-Aming it would have released all its particles and basically be powerless. Since Ptolemy isn't going anywhere after this there's no plothole here.
When/Where was that said? Official Files?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote