AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-13, 07:45   Link #22001
Eratas123

Sorry, I meant moral qualms. Stupid IPhone auto corrects too much. Anyway, this'll lead to some awkwardness with Kaura later since he stacks her (Kick her in the stomach or legs) before getting Cecilia.
Old 2012-02-13, 14:56   Link #22002
DarkJak2050

We've got more crossovers!

The Alternative World (Gundam 00 and IS)

Untold Story Beyond Infinity (Naruto and IS)
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 20:08   Link #22003
Eratas123

@'Senpai - Once a rep candidate graduates, do they to college?
Old 2012-02-13, 20:14   Link #22004
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't know in case of canon, but if they want to switch career path, I assume they would have to.
Old 2012-02-13, 20:16   Link #22005
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Are ISA teachers specialized or something? I assune that they don't get there from regular teaching courses.

Side note - Did you get my PM?
Old 2012-02-13, 20:21   Link #22006
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, some still need to specialize in something relative common like math or stuff, as you know, it's just happen that class 1-A's Homeroom teacher is the one specialized in the field of I.S.

After all, it's described as High school + I.S. related education and training.

Yeah I got it, I'd say you can be at ease and just concentrate with the current batch. Besides, I still have much to add.

Also, ti was hilarious to find that the resident pettanko Rin is pretty much normal (if a little flat) when blend with common teenagers such as Ran or other I.S.A. student, as Ichika realized, he just happen to accustomed with big-breasted girls
Old 2012-02-13, 20:43   Link #22007
Eratas123

@ Senpai - It seems that "being very attractive" is a perquisite to being an IS rep Is there an age requirement to being a rep candidate?
Old 2012-02-13, 20:50   Link #22008
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno, In Sacred twins, it's being 12 years old minimum, and that's already pushing, as Charles noted in his introductory scene about the revealed scandal where in German, training as I.S. pilot is began at the age of 10. Both Charles and Cecilia started their training at the age of 13.
Old 2012-02-13, 21:00   Link #22009
Eratas123

Does every country have an IS production line?
Old 2012-02-13, 21:07   Link #22010
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe not every country, it was mentioned that there's 21 country selection in ISVS game Dan have, excluding Japan. That makes roughly 22 countries who actually have an I.S. unit, which actually makes sense considering German alone has 10 unit.

Only few select countries has mass production line, even Schwarzer series are mostly limited production (see above).

Less strikingcase in Sacred Twins because miniaturized or even scaled up I.S. frame is used in anything from military to construction work (as normal power armor using alternative power source and control system). Still there's only few countries that mass-produce I.S. frame for common use, them being Japan, USA, Russia, France, and Germany.
Old 2012-02-13, 21:09   Link #22011
Eratas123

No wonder Dunoa'a failing Wasting resources mass producing units while there's like 5-10 cores only in their country.
Old 2012-02-13, 21:13   Link #22012
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What do you mean wasting? Their problem is mostly lack of innovation. They do no t want to lose the arms race. Russia admittedly doesn't even have mass production line, but still produce I.S. frame for non-core usage.
Old 2012-02-13, 21:20   Link #22013
Eratas123

What's the use of the frames with no core? Scrap?
Old 2012-02-13, 21:24   Link #22014
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As I mentioned, alternative power source and control system. The lacks of core means you need a huge battery pack and home-grade computer for the unit to work, as in, carrying crates around the warehouse

The two stuff mentioned above determines how powerful the unit become.
Old 2012-02-13, 23:23   Link #22015
Eratas123

Then why not focus on that instead of making new units?
Old 2012-02-13, 23:31   Link #22016
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The new unit is a symbol of A. technology level and B. power.

Notice that Japan is a small country, but due to their Uchigane being the most produced and used I.S. model to date, so did their mass-produced not-quite-I.S. despite the cost of their unit (Quality over quantity, natch).

Contrast to Russian and their cheap-and-cheerful, simple but reliable frames, and yet they developed esoteric unit like Mysterious Lady, who has the power of CONTROLLING WATER! This is a strategy of dualism, as Russian produce both low end and high end stuff IRL so the market can be broaden.

USA Always ended up with top tier units with expectedly expensive cost, this resulting low production output despite their massive industry. When they switch to moderate approach, they somewhat succeed creating multirole units with reasonable cost.

And France... well, let's say unless they can cause hype by using 3rd Gen, they can say goodbye to international market. Other countries in Europe already knew about this and merged to create Europa Universalis, German went solo but considering their militaristic nature, they managed to get upper hand anyway.
Old 2012-02-13, 23:39   Link #22017
Eratas123

Another thing: It seems that you don't have to be a Russian to be the Russian rep or any combination thereof. Tatenashi may be Half-Russian, but we never get a confirmation. On the other hand, Houki was asked if she got offers to become a rep by any country, implying that anybody can be any rep. Aren't the countries worried of betrayal if they give their foreign tech to unknown foreigners?

Going to fencing class (Awesome), be back in a few hours.
Old 2012-02-13, 23:54   Link #22018
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, Tatenashi is understandable considering her reputation and family position. And Houki is Houki, considering she has Akatsubaki, and being Tabane sister gave her advantage by default, who WOULDN'T want her?
Old 2012-02-14, 00:00   Link #22019
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Have some time before class:

Ichika as well. They say he's being processed as a rep, but Kanzashi's the Japanese rep already. So who's he gonna represent? I'm just stumped none of he countries get paranoid when there's a so-called arms race/cold war going on.
Old 2012-02-14, 00:00   Link #22020
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Unnamed IS unit tentatively named Freiheit.

weapon--primary function--secondary function--rack position from pilot POV; left to right

heavy axe--heavy cutting/smashing melee weapon--variable load out explosive

lance--mid range melee/throwing weapon--throwing weapon with propellant and injection barbs

launcher--heavy beam launcher--heavy launcher with extended focus for long range bombardment or sniping

sword--charge particle blade--sword whip

staff--limited striking ability(not advised)--complete charged particle manipulation

scythe--full body bladed scythe--extends into a bigger scythe with beam blade

shield--physical buckler--generates particle barrier that can also act as binding field--hand carried
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest