AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-13, 15:43   Link #21
marvelB

As far as Maizono's death is concerned, I always thought that the most hilarious reason why she ended up being the first victim was because the game's character designer literally got tired of her (so sayeth the first game's visual fanbook, anyway). It's also the reason why Leon was the first one to get executed (both characters were the base designs for the female and male characters, respectively). I do feel bad for the both of them, though....

Speaking of that fanbook, one thing I like is that it even listed how the rest of the rest of the students' executions would have went, had they been culprits (my personal favorite one being Togami's. That one is SO befitting of him, lol ). If anyone's interested, you can check out a description of them here.

(BTW, even though I linked to a tumblr page, I REALLY wouldn't recommend snooping around that place. Not unless you want to accidentally spoil yourself silly on the sequel.......)
Old 2013-07-13, 15:46   Link #22
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
if he just let it slide = how do he know that she won't try it again?
she is the one who try to kill him first in lawless area

if it was normal school = he can just call the police but here = no one will punish her don't to mention that other person can kill him
so he though he just should kill her now and leave

and just like her he didn't know that every one should be punish
but unlike her he didn't try to set up someone till monokouma said that you will get killed if they fond out about you

( he killed her while was scared for his life = that why he never try to change anything = if he know than either he will not do it or try to change her death scene so other person will get the blame)
Actually, there is little to no possible way for her to do anything once she is busted.
Leon could simply run like crazy to Mondo, Sakura or Aoi's room and the situation would just be a major ruckus, which would stop Sayaka in her track.
Furthermore, they have plenty way to prevent Sayaka doing anything: restraining her, or locking her in the trash room.

There are plenty methods to emprison busted culprits, even if they don't have a proper prison.

And no, no one knew Monokuma would execute anyone. They learned it only after they discovered Sayaka's corpse and that Monokuma -added- rules regarding the class trial etc.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:01   Link #23
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
if he just let it slide = how do he know that she won't try it again?
she is the one who try to kill him first in lawless area

if it was normal school = he can just call the police but here = no one will punish her don't to mention that other person can kill him
so he though he just should kill her now and leave

and just like her he didn't know that every one should be punish
but unlike her he didn't try to set up someone till monokouma said that you will get killed if they fond out about you

( he killed her while was scared for his life = that why he never try to change anything = if he know than either he will not do it or try to change her death scene so other person will get the blame)
Dont know why but somehow i recall the leon courtroom scene
Leon : AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO!!!!
what if he say BAKA instead of AHO? tsundere boy fanbase will created?
Old 2013-07-13, 16:12   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Speaking of that fanbook, one thing I like is that it even listed how the rest of the rest of the students' executions would have went, had they been culprits (my personal favorite one being Togami's. That one is SO befitting of him, lol ). If anyone's interested, you can check out a description of them here.

(BTW, even though I linked to a tumblr page, I REALLY wouldn't recommend snooping around that place. Not unless you want to accidentally spoil yourself silly on the sequel.......)
Hiisssssssssss!!!!! Get that thing away from me then D:

Anyway...
There's really just no excuse for Leon's behavior, it was said in the trial and it is right...what he did was not self-defense, the second he went back to get the screwdriver to bust the lock it became murder.

She "locked" herself up in the bathroom, up until then he was merely defending himself so he could easily just go around calling everyone and telling them the truth. Sure, she would pretend he was the one that attacked her however not everyone would fall for it and the fact that he called everyone would help clear doubts.

There's multiple ways of dealing with the problem but he saw it as an opportunity to kill her and get away with it AND he took it AAAANNNDDDD destroyed evidence. It's as simple as that, there should be no pity for Leon, just as there should be none for the other killers.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:13   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They are not interchangeable. "アホ" is more "rude" than "バカ" if people aren't from Kansai. Since Leon doesn't use Kansai-ben, it basically means they really treat Makoto like a cretin (hence why the translation "dumbass" works there, instead of "stupid").

While in Tokyo, バカ is rathe "soft" (as in silly), アホ is just pushing it.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-13 at 18:24.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:19   Link #26
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I was rather happy to have some complicated implication in IF, but really it is also why I'm a bit annoyed by the flat out linearity of the game, since I frankly think Sayaka could be an interesting complex character if she was alive for at least half the adventure (at least more than Touko who was plainly useless save for Genocide Shou).

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I honestly feel it was for the best that Maizono got offed early in the story. I mean, she pretty much had all of her development right there in the first chapter, as you even kinda point out yourself (telling Naegi about her dreams, hinting she had a crush on him, implying she became an idol through rather unpleasant methods, etc.). Sure, she could have survived past the first trial, but that means she probably would have become some creepy yandere chick..... which would be somewhat redundant since we already had Syokawa around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hiisssssssssss!!!!! Get that thing away from me then D:

Don't worry, I can assure you that particular link is safe.... as long as you don't go recklessly clicking around everywhere, that is. >:>
Old 2013-07-13, 16:30   Link #27
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yah know...it would have been awesome if there were trials prepared for every combination and your actions during free time would affect who would get murdered...
If the first murderer ended up being Yamada killing Touko then all trials involving those two would be locked and so on.

Problem is...this would have been hard for even a PC game, much less a PSP one xD
Old 2013-07-13, 16:35   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That would give so many possible story branches that writers would go insane.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:38   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I still dream of the day when a VN with an (near)infinite amount of branching plots comes out...

Oh wait, it's called Life! Problem is that you only get one playtrough and no saves.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:41   Link #30
marvelB

I honestly would have liked to have seen a trial where Hagakure was the culprit. I mean, he was set up as a red herring in like half the game's trials already, but I honestly can't help but imagine that a trial where he's the actual perpetrator would be a really tough one to solve. I just have this funny feeling that his dumb predictions and goofy tinfoil hat theories could be a clever facade to conceal the true criminal mastermind within......
Old 2013-07-13, 16:43   Link #31
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Yah know...it would have been awesome if there were trials prepared for every combination and your actions during free time would affect who would get murdered...
If the first murderer ended up being Yamada killing Touko then all trials involving those two would be locked and so on.

Problem is...this would have been hard for even a PC game, much less a PSP one xD
Various route like 999 huh? (the sequel had buuuunch of route and im getting all of that -_- )
If like that, the setting make it very hard dude, if kirigiri / togami / chihiro got killed or murder someone, its auto-bad end. each one of them is required in solving academy secret.

just wondering what will happen when the survivors are 3? Return to barbaric survival violence?
Old 2013-07-13, 16:45   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hagakure being a criminal genius would have been hilarious...better yet, it would have been awesome if this were true during the third trial and he was the murderer (at least that trial wouldn't have been as predictable as it was...the execution was really the only good thing about the whole case for me).

Honestly, I'm still surprised who ended up being the survivors in the end...
Old 2013-07-13, 16:48   Link #33
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I honestly would have liked to have seen a trial where Hagakure was the culprit. I mean, he was set up as a red herring in like half the game's trials already, but I honestly can't help but imagine that a trial where he's the actual perpetrator would be a really tough one to solve. I just have this funny feeling that his dumb predictions and goofy tinfoil hat theories could be a clever facade to conceal the true criminal mastermind within......
We already have an example of hagakure being culprit right? He is calm, and accept his fate during oogami case. he is idiot but he is a man!

i think SHSD Luckster should be hagakure... I mean he is just a gray character, not doing anything significant either its good or bad, he is just joke character i think. And despite being that, he still survive the game
Old 2013-07-13, 16:51   Link #34
lildevilinhell
A foolish clown

Uguahh... I feel despair.

Spoiler for The truth:

Spoiler for Question about the end:
Old 2013-07-13, 16:56   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevilinhell View Post
Spoiler for Question about the end:

Two words: Sequel setup.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:58   Link #36
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

How can you blame the Puppetmaster? She said she loved them above everything...all she did was clearly out of love!

But seriously...I hope hope hope they don't ruin the whole personality constantly switching thing in the anime, that was the best part of the whole character xD
Old 2013-07-13, 17:06   Link #37
lildevilinhell
A foolish clown

Quote:
How can you blame the Puppetmaster? She said she loved them above everything...all she did was clearly out of love!

But seriously...I hope hope hope they don't ruin the whole personality constantly switching thing in the anime, that was the best part of the whole character xD
But, but, but, that love killed/tortured them~ T_T

Lol... I agree, it was hilarious to watch the Puppetmaster keep switching personalities during the trial.
Old 2013-07-13, 17:51   Link #38
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Do they execute the culprit in front of the others?
Old 2013-07-13, 17:57   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Do they execute the culprit in front of the others?
Always do, the executions are a masterpiece too.
Old 2013-07-13, 18:22   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
We already have an example of hagakure being culprit right? He is calm, and accept his fate during oogami case. he is idiot but he is a man!
Well.... again, that was more of an example of him being a red herring rather than a culprit. I'm talking more about him actually cooking up his own complex murder scheme (which would probably be more outlandish than a goofy robot disguise, lol ).

Quote:

Seeing this makes me really curious to see your reaction to Junko's role in Dangan Zero when you eventually get around to reading it.
Closed Thread