AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-18, 09:53   Link #41
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Oooh, the OP is pretty, both the song and the accompanying video.

Hah hah, Kyo stole Elliot's bike!

I dunno, there's nothing all that great about Zegapain, but I feel sorta drawn in.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 22:00   Link #42
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower
I think he wants to watch it on his DVD player.

Fansubs aren't meant to be watched on dvd players. Watch it on your computer like everyone else. Or just buy one of those thingies that hook your computer up to your tv screen.
Exactly. I have my projector jacked into my video card's dvi port and it works crystal clear for me. Also has the benefit of using my computer's surround sound speaker system for audio.
Old 2006-04-19, 00:19   Link #43
Xelios
Einsamer Heissblüter

Send a message via ICQ to Xelios Send a message via MSN to Xelios
No no you didn't really understand me (maybe becouse of my poor-english -.-). The first Problem is, that not all people in the world have a beamer/projector or everytinhg else. And not everybody Pc is much good to play mp4 cleary, becouse the owner are only simple stundens and haven't such money to pimp ther pc. So I do the best what possible: Burn some episodes on dvd-disc, put it in the DVD-player and watch that on 40" Flatscreen (my mum own this, not me!). That's much better as on PC. Be honestly, if you could, you would do the same way!

Other think. I saw the second episode of zegapain in avi on animesuki. Thanks God and very much to the group megami-anime. Sorry for troubeling
Xelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 02:40   Link #44
BOZZY

So far I've found it to be quite impressive, I do wonder why some people found the mecha designs/CG to be ugly, I thought they were pretty nicely done considering the whole show is a TV series and not an OVA or movie.

One question though...
Spoiler:
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 02:44   Link #45
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

I don't hate this show, but after ep 2 I think Iam going to drop it. Its just hurts my head.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 05:00   Link #46
tyranimo
Sue me, Why don't you?

Send a message via AIM to tyranimo
I apologize! I didn't go through the whole thread throughly.

But is it me or does anyone else see a HUGE similarity Zegapain shares with Aquarion?

I mean, it's not the fact that both 'main characters' are like 14 year-old-ish Orange haired guys. Nor is it also the fact that there are those almost nude 'Ikuzoo' scenes when they are getting into the mecha. It's also not the scene where the Mecha CG looks so much like Aquarion's one to me.

Nothing wrong about that. I loved Aquarion, and I'm looking forward to this new series. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Aquarion where it'd take some time to get episode subbed; not that I'm complaining or anything, I know how much work is involved in the subbing process.

Though, I must say, if a man with long, flowing blonde hair and a high ranking officer who randomly sprouts quotes does pop up, I'll laugh, for real.

I wonder how things will develop now. =p
tyranimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:56   Link #47
valentin

The art seems similar, and they are using 3D for the mecha and crafts.

But the story ends there... what is nice about zegapain is that there seems to be a bigger background story to what's going on but isn't revealed at all... Neither is the plot hinting much about it...

The pace is also just nice, and neither are they using a self-contained story per episode.

Hmm... you know, I do hope the story reveals more, than just center on Kyo only...
valentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 09:59   Link #48
Eclipze

While episode 1 was fairly "ok", episode 2 made me a little more interested in this anime: The settings seem to hint some "Matrix" vibe with all the scenes when things suddenly disappear or didn't seem to happen.

Seems fairly interesting enough to keep watching, at least for a few more episodes.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 23:57   Link #49
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I liked the first 2 episodes. After repeat viewing, I got used to the mecha designs.
I loved the ED song.

Spoiler:

I would also like to thank a certain group for giving us episode 2 as a .avi file with an XVID codec. Not all of us can play those other formats and codecs.
Old 2006-04-20, 05:40   Link #50
Xelios
Einsamer Heissblüter

Send a message via ICQ to Xelios Send a message via MSN to Xelios
After I saw the first Episode, I started to like this anime....but after the second..hmz. May it is wrong, but some Scenes are looking like the same how in the first episode..
The 3D-animation is very nice, but it doesn't, if it repeats the same to much times, I think. That expresses a little poor making and production. I don't like that. If it happens in the next episodes too, so I won't like see these, like MarcusG.
(Btw.: It is my English a bit better now? -.-)
Xelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 09:32   Link #51
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I only watched ep 1 so far. Who's the main girl? The one with short hair or the one with long hair?
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 09:42   Link #52
Mb81

So, one comment from me regarding Zegapain. I couldn`t imagine another Mecha Series, but this one looks quite interesting from the Mecha Point (kinda original compared to other series) itself. Still, like most Mecha Series.. i miss the story. Boy meets mysterious girl isn`t really something new.
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 12:20   Link #53
Omniscient

Episode Three has aired: Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 15:15   Link #54
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the summary. Zegapain definately needed that extra something to make it more than just another mecha franchise and thankfully...

Spoiler:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 19:30   Link #55
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im not expecting much out this show i just cant get pass the CG which i hate but i think it has potential the last episode of was ok ill have to watch more before i chose to drop it our not
Old 2006-04-22, 11:57   Link #56
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Things that keeps bugging me...

Spoiler:

I think that Kyo should get the truth out of Misaki.
Old 2006-04-26, 18:51   Link #57
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Spoiler for Spoilery Speculation:
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 01:02   Link #58
ruchik

Spoiler:
ruchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:12   Link #59
Seska

Mmm, for me the Series drift to much into "Mechas" meets "Matrix"....

Well, i wait till Eps 5.. and then i will take a side. To continue or not...

And whats with this Servers? Eps 04 is called "Shanghai Servers"? .... Do we have here a "./hack" world with Mechas? wired....

Spoiler:

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 15:08   Link #60
Omniscient

Episode 04 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote