AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-13, 05:33   Link #921
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Just for the record, official club policy considers Asa a backstabbing traitor
Old 2006-11-13, 06:13   Link #922
Bloodseeker

I guess that makes me a stand-alone Kaede fan then.
Old 2006-11-13, 06:58   Link #923
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Spare Asa the insults. You know it's not her fault as it is Rin's. Terminate Rin, I won't mind. Then we can share the bounty.
One thing you should know, this is Kaede's heaven. Most of the members dislike Asa & some of them HATE her while only a few are ok with her. If you're with Asa, you've got to have enough tolerance when you enter this club.

We don't kick Asa fans / supporters out unless they insult Kaede or try to promote 'green stuff' here. You are free to wander around but just remember which territory that you are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
LOL, we're not sparing green Green must die
I prefer if she suffers more though. Dying is just too easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
Although this is the Kaede club... there is a big gun powder smell coming out of your comment... you gona start a war.... again

I should head back to the Ama club to hide for cover... *walks away* by the way, can some one point me to the direction of the club
War will not break out unless you go to the 'open area' & start firing the weapons.

Ehh...sorry. I can only find the :
Can't find Ama club. Must be lost during the Dec 2005 tragedy. (not very sure about that though)

There are also the clubs for the Soul Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I'm with you. You won't see any Asa hating from me. (except from when I first started watching... I think that browsing this thread when I was looking into Shuffle to see if I wanted to watch it created some unintentional bias against Asa)

I still stand by my POV that Asa wasn't wrong. The issue wasn't that Rin and Asa fell in love with each other, you can't choose who you care for the most, and you can't blame either of them for being true to themselves and going with the path that makes them both the happiest (or would it have been better if Rin went with someone that he didn't love like that just because she wanted it really bad? Besides, Kaede would have felt terrible if she found out that her attachment prevented Rin from going with the one that he really wanted), the problem was how Rin treated Kaede like garbage and slammed her to the curb with no attempt to pad the blow until after the damage had already been done after spending so long taking all of her love for granted and barely even acknowledging her. That's the issue. Asa, on the other hand, was a good friend to Kaede and visited Kaede as soon as she was out of the hospital to comfort her. You're the recipient of an attack by a girl that's having the big thing that she's been dedicating her live to for years pulled out from underneath her and years of exhaustion and neglect, and you go to visit her to make sure that she's all right as soon as you get out of the hospital. That's strength of character. Unlike taking the easy way out and running away when she comes to you for comfort, like Rin did.

Asa wasn't the one to blame, she did what she could to help her friend cope while still being true to herself once she realized that her friend was taking it hard, Rin was the one that didn't make any attempt to help until after her recovery despite having every opportunity to.
I don't blame Asa fully. But it's the negligence towards Kaede's feeling that she & Rin had shown that I'm complaining about.

I REALLY HATE to repeat myself. So let me say this, Asa didn't show any compassion when she was with Rin. She acted as if nothing happens even after her 'GOOD FRIEND' attack her for what she did. How long was she so clueless about that? There was no sense of guilt in Asa except for in the 'under the bridge' drama. And then, it's back to the "Now that I've got Rin, why would I care about Kaede?"
I really don't buy that "I'm too busy with my man that I don't have time to spend with my friend."

If you see the last episode, Asa was having a good time with Rin (Bleh! Fanservice ) while Kaede was still feeling down. And who try to cheer her up? IT WAS PRIMULA not Asa. Kaede wasn't even smiling in that episode.
Old 2006-11-13, 06:59   Link #924
Sawamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klover View Post
Sawamura.nice to meet you. Do you have any stuff about Shuffle! like Manga or what in Melaka,I mean did any shop happen to sell something like that? Tawau is reallyX99999 cheap. It doesnt have anything like that.I really hope i can buy it.(T.T)
Also do you order Really? Really! in your nearby shop? If you do so , please help me to order 1.I will pay you through my Bank.just send me a mail if you can,Thanks.
IN melaka i also cannot find shuffle things

So mostly download lah :P you know .I think really really we have to order from over seas
Old 2006-11-13, 07:04   Link #925
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
Agree.I also wanted it really badly.I REALLY MEAN IT.
Old 2006-11-13, 07:12   Link #926
Sawamura

Quote:
I'm with you. You won't see any Asa hating from me. (except from when I first started watching... I think that browsing this thread when I was looking into Shuffle to see if I wanted to watch it created some unintentional bias against Asa)

I still stand by my POV that Asa wasn't wrong. The issue wasn't that Rin and Asa fell in love with each other, you can't choose who you care for the most, and you can't blame either of them for being true to themselves and going with the path that makes them both the happiest (or would it have been better if Rin went with someone that he didn't love like that just because she wanted it really bad? Besides, Kaede would have felt terrible if she found out that her attachment prevented Rin from going with the one that he really wanted), the problem was how Rin treated Kaede like garbage and slammed her to the curb with no attempt to pad the blow until after the damage had already been done after spending so long taking all of her love for granted and barely even acknowledging her. That's the issue. Asa, on the other hand, was a good friend to Kaede and visited Kaede as soon as she was out of the hospital to comfort her. You're the recipient of an attack by a girl that's having the one big thing that she's been dedicating her life to for years pulled out from underneath her and suffering from years of exhaustion and neglect, and you go to visit her to make sure that she's all right as soon as you get out of the hospital. That's strength of character. Unlike taking the easy way out and running away when she comes to you for comfort, like Rin did.

Asa wasn't the one to blame, she did what she could to help her friend cope while still being true to herself once she realized that her friend was taking it hard, Rin was the one that didn't make any attempt to help until after her recovery despite having every opportunity to.
hmmm
Then like that i should go and tackle my friends girl friends lah that is what you are trying to say .Okay here is the deal when you know your friends in love with someone SO STAY away FROM The person !!!!!! dont even think about getting close just hi and bye because you know you cant betray your friend . BUt NOoooooo Asa didnt even think about and you know the incident Shove the head at her panties .................. .

Asa would not be forgiven and RIN that bugger is a crap
WHY ??
I notice that idiot for so long he has been staying with kaede bla bla we are close from friend from young and he knows kaede likes him BUT when the final episode he says kaede should not stick to him and go for others at the last minute THAt is CRAP you should have told her earlier before all this happens and let her mix with other people and even move out of the house earlier ( if only rin has guts ).
But what he did he use manipulated kaede used her kindness what kind of guy would do that .He should have told her to move on earlier but no he waited till he get's Asa and just move out like that leaving poor kaede crying .

Rin shall not be forgiven for his sins he has no guts to tell a girl to move on until he is push to a limit conclusion rin is useless!!!!!
Old 2006-11-13, 07:17   Link #927
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

I also think that Asa is not care about Kaede feeling .I can see that in the last episode. For myself,I didn't hate Asa, but i just don't like her beczuse she can take Rin away from Kaede even though she know Kaede love Rin .She told Kaede that she know she love him and can do anything for Rin when they first meet in the cooking club. If she know that already,Why? JKust why she can still take away Rin from Kaede.I really don't understand.

But poor Kaede still in love in Rin. 可恶の凛. And she also ask Asa permission to continue this endless love or may i say no fruit planting.hah_ (-_-)Poor Kaede.But luckily Asa let her.
Old 2006-11-13, 07:21   Link #928
Sawamura

Quote:
I also think that Asa is not care about Kaede feeling .I can see that in the last episode. For myself,I didn't hate Asa, but i just don't like her beczuse she can take Rin away from Kaede even though she know Kaede love Rin .She told Kaede that she know she love him and can do anything for Rin when they first meet in the cooking club. If she know that already,Why? JKust why she can still take away Rin from Kaede.I really don't understand.

But poor Kaede still in love in Rin. 可恶の凛. And she also ask Asa permission to continue this endless love or may i say no fruit planting.hah_ (-_-)Poor Kaede.But luckily Asa let her.
Hah if i got this type of girl friend i also dont mind working until i die just to make her happy (of course kade :P)
Old 2006-11-13, 08:11   Link #929
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei View Post
One thing you should know, this is Kaede's heaven. Most of the members dislike Asa & some of them HATE her while only a few are ok with her. If you're with Asa, you've got to have enough tolerance when you enter this club.

We don't kick Asa fans / supporters out unless they insult Kaede or try to promote 'green stuff' here. You are free to wander around but just remember which territory that you are in.

I prefer if she suffers more though. Dying is just too easy.

War will not break out unless you go to the 'open area' & start firing the weapons.
Too late. I just took her side, remember?

Quote:
I don't blame Asa fully. But it's the negligence towards Kaede's feeling that she & Rin had shown that I'm complaining about.

I REALLY HATE to repeat myself. So let me say this, Asa didn't show any compassion when she was with Rin. She acted as if nothing happens even after her 'GOOD FRIEND' attack her for what she did. How long was she so clueless about that? There was no sense of guilt in Asa except for in the 'under the bridge' drama. And then, it's back to the "Now that I've got Rin, why would I care about Kaede?"
I really don't buy that "I'm too busy with my man that I don't have time to spend with my friend."
First off, Episode 21, about 5:30. Asa is geniunely worried about Kaede and prompts conversation about her. (and before you start making comments about how she didn't stop him from leaving the house, that was obviously what was best for Kaede... she needed to be freed from her life of servitude; it was just how he went about leaving that was wrong)

Asa meeting up with Kaede under the bridge was all we saw (which was a clear attempt to comfort her on Asa's part, she even apologized for the way that things turned out and cried right along with Kaede; you can't just throw an important scene like that out the window and say that it didn't count, because it represented exactly what you're saying didn't exist: Asa's guilt and sympathy concerning Kaede's plight), but I was under the impression that that was reconciliation and that things went back to normal between the two, meaning that they chose to put that incident behind them and go back to being friends. If that's the case, then we can assume that they started hanging out again.

Between those, I've got to ask: What did you want her to do, apologize to Kaede every time she saw her (people like that are really annoying, BTW) and spend half of her remaining screentime on a guilt trip? That would have been terrible.

Quote:
If you see the last episode, Asa was having a good time with Rin (Bleh! Fanservice ) while Kaede was still feeling down. And who try to cheer her up? IT WAS PRIMULA not Asa. Kaede wasn't even smiling in that episode.
So you're saying that if a friend's feeling down for weeks on end, you don't have the right to have fun with your other friends during that period of time, you absolutely must spend all of your time hanging out with them and trying to make them feel better and/or being depressed? Please. Besides, that would have just made Kaede even more depressed if she realized that she was making her friends depressed too. And of course Primula was comforting her and keeping her company, Primula doesn't have a social life outside of when she goes with Rin or Kaede to visit the others!

And before you even bring it up, how was Asa supposed to know that Kaede was on the verge of snapping? She was hiding it, and seemed to not only be taking the competition well, but she also seemed to be friends with all of the other girls. People don't typically watch their friends for hidden emotional problems, and its unreasonable to expect her to spot it.

Sorry, but all of this "Asa is a backstabber and a terrible person" crap just seems like rabid fanboyism (the bad kind; the kind that ditches common sense and chooses to ignore or belittle facts that aren't convinient for their POV) to me. It was Rin's fault that he neglected her, and that he didn't comfort her in her time of need. Not Asa's. (Asa was in the hospital, remember?) And there are very few things that justify abandoning something as important as mutual love (not just lust, but deep love), other friends being in love with the same person not amongst them.
Old 2006-11-13, 08:23   Link #930
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawamura View Post
hmmm
Then like that i should go and tackle my friends girl friends lah that is what you are trying to say .Okay here is the deal when you know your friends in love with someone SO STAY away FROM The person !!!!!! dont even think about getting close just hi and bye because you know you cant betray your friend . BUt NOoooooo Asa didnt even think about and you know the incident Shove the head at her panties .................. .
That only applies if they're actually going out. Rin was still fair game.

Quote:
Asa would not be forgiven and RIN that bugger is a crap
WHY ??
I notice that idiot for so long he has been staying with kaede bla bla we are close from friend from young and he knows kaede likes him BUT when the final episode he says kaede should not stick to him and go for others at the last minute THAt is CRAP you should have told her earlier before all this happens and let her mix with other people and even move out of the house earlier ( if only rin has guts ).
But what he did he use manipulated kaede used her kindness what kind of guy would do that .He should have told her to move on earlier but no he waited till he get's Asa and just move out like that leaving poor kaede crying

Rin shall not be forgiven for his sins he has no guts to tell a girl to move on until he is push to a limit conclusion rin is useless!!!!!
Yep, Rin is a dick. Again, I don't blame him for going for other girls, but the way that he treated Kaede was terrible. I've already gone over that though.
Old 2006-11-13, 08:26   Link #931
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

OK!OK! Stop arguing this again.This thread is about Kaede and not create for your guys to argue and begun the war.
Old 2006-11-13, 08:42   Link #932
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
hmmm
Then like that i should go and tackle my friends girl friends lah that is what you are trying to say .Okay here is the deal when you know your friends in love with someone SO STAY away FROM The person !!!!!!
Not staying away. It's not wrong to love someone whom your friend also like. The keyword is HONESTY. Just be honest & tell your friend that you also like him/her. Then that would be even. Asa supported Kaede & make her believe that she supported her love. But she make her moves mostly behind Kaede's back & hid her true feeling towards Rin from her. She only told the truth AFTER things had gone her way.

Quote:
Asa would not be forgiven
I can forgive her if she still show compassion for Kaede. Being with Kaede & comforting her until Kaede find her happiness is all it takes to atone for her 'sin'. But like I said earlier, SHE DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN MUCH CARE FOR KAEDE after she manage to win Rin's heart.

Quote:
But what he did he use manipulated kaede used her kindness what kind of guy would do that .He should have told her to move on earlier but no he waited till he get's Asa and just move out like that leaving poor kaede crying .
The reason why he stay with Kaede is because he don't want her to lose herself (like what happen when Kaede lost her mother). But he was STUPID enough to leave her even after Kaede was willing to let him love Asa. Kaede was just recovering from her trauma but Rin makes things worst by moving out. And some people call Rin a decent hero? Pfft! Get real. Urashima Keitaro (Love Hina) is much better than him.

Quote:
Asa didn't take Rin away from Kaede. Rin choose Asa on his own free will. It's understandable why Rin choose Asa. It's because Asa support & help him when he can't make a decision on his own.

But it has nothing to do with & doesn't answer why Asa was neglecting Kaede when she knew that Kaede also had a feeling for Rin.

Quote:
Sorry to say but it was never a good thing. Letting Kaede to love Rin from afar only makes Kaede suffer more. Asa was suppose to help her moving on with her life.
Old 2006-11-13, 09:14   Link #933
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Not staying away. It's not wrong to love someone whom your friend also like. The keyword is HONESTY. Just be honest & tell your friend that you also like him/her. Then that would be even. Asa supported Kaede & make her believe that she supported her love. But she make her moves mostly behind Kaede's back & hid her true feeling towards Rin from her. She only told the truth AFTER things had gone her way.
I don't see how that would have made a difference in the way things turned out. And I still don't see what the big deal is. Its not like she tried to keep it a secret and denied it when Kaede asked or anything.

Actually, come to think of it, when did they say that Asa never told Kaede? Rewatching parts of it just now, I was under the impression that the news reached Kaede before. Just because they never showed it doesn't mean that the conversation didn't happen, and Kaede didn't seem surprised when Rin and Asa went out on a date.

Quote:
I can forgive her if she still show compassion for Kaede. Being with Kaede & comforting her until Kaede find her happiness is all it takes to atone for her 'sin'. But like I said earlier, SHE DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN MUCH CARE FOR KAEDE after she manage to win Rin's heart.
There you go again, discarding the ever-so-unimportant bridge scene.

Quote:
The reason why he stay with Kaede is because he don't want her to lose herself (like what happen when Kaede lost her mother). But he was STUPID enough to leave her even after Kaede was willing to let him love Asa. Kaede was just recovering from her trauma but Rin makes things worst by moving out. And some people call Rin a decent hero? Pfft! Get real. Urashima Keitaro (Love Hina) is much better than him.
Not even that, he was really straight forward and cold about it too.

Quote:
Asa didn't take Rin away from Kaede. Rin choose Asa on his own free will. It's understandable why Rin choose Asa. It's because Asa support & help him when he can't make a decision on his own.

But it has nothing to do with & doesn't answer why Asa was neglecting Kaede when she knew that Kaede also had a feeling for Rin.
No proof that she didn't, and like I just said, Kaede didn't seem surprised to find out that Asa liked Rin, so maybe she did tell her and the director assumed that it wasn't important to take screentime.

Quote:
Sorry to say but it was never a good thing. Letting Kaede to love Rin from afar only makes Kaede suffer more. Asa was suppose to help her moving on with her life.
That wouldn't have done any good. What Kaede needed then was comfort and an ear, not someone essentially telling her "he's mine now, look elsewhere". Rin moved out. It was only a matter of time until Kaede realized that she lost.
Old 2006-11-13, 09:32   Link #934
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

In the words of the immaculate Strygwyr, 'It is done. Fire away.'

I have not intended for a full-blown battle among this club's different members, but I'd like to say that I personally think it was only Rin's fault and not Asa's. I'm an avid fan of Kaede, and I pity what happened to her, but that doesn't mean I have to share the entirety of the club's opinions. I don't have to badmouth somebody I personally saw didn't do anything wrong, just as I won't make up stories about an innocent man. That's all.

I'm not going out here just to praise Asa; I'm not even a member of her club (I haven't even posted there), but I'd like to give blame where it is due, just as I would do so with praise.
Old 2006-11-13, 10:30   Link #935
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Can someone tell me the synopsis of the Tick! Tack! .I can't read japanese very well and i don't understand what they say.
Old 2006-11-13, 10:35   Link #936
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Beep*Beep* War time is started from now on.

Asa VS Kaede.
Old 2006-11-13, 10:41   Link #937
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Beep*Beep* War time is started from now on.

Asa VS Kaede.
More like people who think that Asa is a backstabbing bitch vs. people who don't. I consider myself to be a Kaede fan too. I just don't think that Asa was wrong to go with Rin.
Old 2006-11-13, 11:49   Link #938
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
I have one single request for everybody here. When Memories air, and discussion heat up like they do today in this thread, let's do what we can to move discussion to more neutral grounds. I'd really REALLY hate to see this thread getting locked...! Seriously.

We have seen the fruits of this discussion before, let's not repeat history in this thread. Please.

As for this:
Quote:
The issue wasn't that Rin and Asa fell in love with each other, you can't choose who you care for the most, and you can't blame either of them for being true to themselves
Quote:
You're the recipient of an attack by a girl that's having the one big thing that she's been dedicating her life to for years pulled out from underneath her and suffering from years of exhaustion and neglect, and you go to visit her to make sure that she's all right as soon as you get out of the hospital. That's strength of character.
Quote:
First off, Episode 21, about 5:30. Asa is geniunely worried about Kaede and prompts conversation about her. (and before you start making comments about how she didn't stop him from leaving the house, that was obviously what was best for Kaede... she needed to be freed from her life of servitude; it was just how he went about leaving that was wrong)
Quote:
That only applies if they're actually going out. Rin was still fair game.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
I don't see how that would have made a difference in the way things turned out.
Quote:
Its not like she tried to keep it a secret and denied it when Kaede asked or anything.
Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, when did they say that Asa never told Kaede? Rewatching parts of it just now, I was under the impression that the news reached Kaede before. Just because they never showed it doesn't mean that the conversation didn't happen, and Kaede didn't seem surprised when Rin and Asa went out on a date.
Quote:
Kaede didn't seem surprised to find out that Asa liked Rin, so maybe she did tell her and the director assumed that it wasn't important to take screentime.
Quote:
Quote:
That wouldn't have done any good. What Kaede needed then was comfort and an ear, not someone essentially telling her "he's mine now, look elsewhere". Rin moved out. It was only a matter of time until Kaede realized that she lost.
I have made reply here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...564#post738564

Let's move discussion there instead.
Old 2006-11-13, 11:51   Link #939
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

The ever so unimportant bridge scene is OOC, as is most of ep 21, if you actually care to take the REST of the series AND the last few episodes into account. Depends on your take. Will you assume that 3 episodes (18-20) displayed OOC behavior, or just one? Logic says pick the simpler case.

Asa telling Kaede that she, too, likes Rin should get MAJOR screentime or the director is a total idiot and should quit his job I'm sure Kaede would have something to say about it. Not to mention that that confrontation would speak volumes of Asa's character (for good or ill, depends on the writers).

Furthermore, when your friend snaps and you're surprised, once you wake up, the common thing to do is ask what happened, but neither Asa nor Rin cared to ask that question, ever, until the FABLED ep 21, when suddenly they turned into considerate people and it just dawned on them that they should care about what happened to Kaede.

It's not like Asa told Kaede she was going out with Rin, Rin just went out anyway. I didn't see Asa thinking about what might befall Kaede, I think she was pretty happy for someone who knows the situation in Rin's house in good detail.

I don't need to recount the arguments of why Asa should have acted otherwise with Rin, they are in multiple threads, in this one and in the now locked Closure for Kaede thread.

Eps 19-20 show lack of concern on both Rin and Asa's part, as if Kaede doesn't exist. Asa, who WAS the one more affected, as Kaede caused her collapsing, should have asked what happened, unless she already knew, and she didnt' seem that concerned to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
And there are very few things that justify abandoning something as important as mutual love (not just lust, but deep love), other friends being in love with the same person not amongst them.
Depends on how's it's handled, BUT it unfortunately has good potential to be a very effective, crippling TREASON. Now, if you cannot comprehend that, I'm not the one who's going to argue on moral grounds. If you'd feel good with that situation, by all means, do it to others, too.

PS : Anyone who wants to praise green may do it on the appropriate thread. Most of us don't take green/rin appreciation invasion in this thread lightly.

Last edited by npal; 2006-11-14 at 05:14.
Old 2006-11-13, 15:16   Link #940
Moon Eclipse

This is the KKK, non member get out of our thread if you don't support Kaede. This is not a discussion area for your anti Kaede pro whoever else opinion. There's plenty of other threads where you can state your opinions.

I'm not stopping you from expressing your opinions, but this is not the place for it cause frankly it's just going to turn ugly and we KKKers are the one's that are going to suffer because of it.

I suggest you start a new thread if you want. You can express your heart out there... or until it gets locked. I ask that you respect our club thread. I might not like the AAA's but I don't go there and start stuff, I ask that you respect those same boundaries. That goes for the KKKer's too. If some other person tries to provoke you, act in a manner that is befitting and honorable to the memory of Kaede ^^. We should show the world we're better in every way including the way we conduct ourselves.

All for Kaede!!
Closed Thread