AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2016-05-06, 11:30   Link #61
Galaxian

What if Boruto's right eye is not the Byakugan but the Tenseigan?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 12:35   Link #62
itachi-san314

Can't say I'm a big fan of this so far. I have no interest in seeing a manga retelling of the Boruto movie. It doesn't add anything to the story. Also, I highly doubt Naruto is dead as the beginning suggests. It's probably a play on words or something dumb like that. I find it hard to believe that Naruto's death would be treated as a teaser spoiler.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 21:32   Link #63
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Yeah, i also suggested in previous post to treat Boruto as "non canon" for our sanity sake.
Although the incoming anime adaptation could suffice to justify the manga art
Let see if Boruto going to end up like Nanoha force
What is the problem with Force?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 21:56   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Seriously? This cash cow will persist? Oh Kishimoto... I guess we all love money.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 08:05   Link #65
Vajra
So Like A Rose

The new villain doesn't even look he belongs in the Narutoverse, he looks like a FairyTail or One Piece reject.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 08:11   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Seriously? This cash cow will persist? Oh Kishimoto... I guess we all love money.
To be fair, Kishimoto is just the director this time, it's a group of understudies that are doing the story and art... it's why the art is really amateuristic.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 11:07   Link #67
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
To be fair, Kishimoto is just the director this time, it's a group of understudies that are doing the story and art... it's why the art is really amateuristic.
That's still not a very good excuse for poor artwork. Young people can be just as good or better artists. Some of the close ups were good, but the choppy lines and crappy backgrounds really stood out.
Old 2016-05-10, 23:11   Link #68
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
its silly to have Naruto battle for all these years to get rid of the hatred, only for one dude to come and blow it all up? seems like a total waste of 15 years of work from Kishi. Naruto and Sasuke are on a whole different level from literally everyone in the series. for one of them to get beaten by someone other than each other would be an ass-pull like ever.
Naruto dream of getting rid of the world's hatred was impossible to begin which as long as there are people there will be hatred and people who will abuse free will but most likey what will lead to this event will have something to do which that fat guy who wanted his stuff to be use.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 23:20   Link #69
The Green One

It's impressive that Naruto had as much impact on his world as he did. Not many could of gotten as far as he did with his goal. As irritating as it is seeing Naruto's accomplishments made irrelevant, even I have to admit it's a realistic portrayal of human nature. Sooner or later this was bound to happen.
Old 2016-05-11, 10:07   Link #70
james0246

I didn't mind it...though that might be because I never watched the Boruto movie .

Just based on the chapter, the character development was nice, as was the technological development. Creepy scientist guy is obviously being posited as a villain (and I'm sure if i looked him up I'd see his villainy), and Boruto is a bit of a douche. But that's okay (I'm thinking main guy from Tales of Abyss right now, and his character arc was a lot of fun...though I doubt Boruto will get a "Significant Hair Cut" anytime soon).

ps, I also didn't mind Hinata's de-breasting, but that is mostly because Kishimoto's gigantic breasts were always a little too unnecessary (and a little too much of a defining characteristic for his female characters). Personally, I disliked her apparent lolification rather than her lack of a rack.

Also, is this a bi-monthly series or what?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 11:25   Link #71
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
as far as i know it is monthly
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 15:35   Link #72
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
That's still not a very good excuse for poor artwork. Young people can be just as good or better artists. Some of the close ups were good, but the choppy lines and crappy backgrounds really stood out.
Not saying it's an excuse, but yeah the art is terrible like I mentioned in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I didn't mind it...though that might be because I never watched the Boruto movie .

Just based on the chapter, the character development was nice, as was the technological development. Creepy scientist guy is obviously being posited as a villain (and I'm sure if i looked him up I'd see his villainy), and Boruto is a bit of a douche. But that's okay (I'm thinking main guy from Tales of Abyss right now, and his character arc was a lot of fun...though I doubt Boruto will get a "Significant Hair Cut" anytime soon).

ps, I also didn't mind Hinata's de-breasting, but that is mostly because Kishimoto's gigantic breasts were always a little too unnecessary (and a little too much of a defining characteristic for his female characters). Personally, I disliked her apparent lolification rather than her lack of a rack.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Kubo, 95% of the females in bleach have giant tatas. Hinata and Tsunade are pretty much the only ones with large breasts, everyone else is modest sized.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 19:47   Link #73
The Green One

There's a couple more but most of the women in the Naruto series has more reasonable proportions.
Old 2016-05-12, 09:33   Link #74
Apollian

it would be great if Boruto had some kind of Byakugan or Tenseigan. he is missing something unique as Sarada and Sasuke both have Sharingan and Naruto the tailed beast. also, I think the whole point Boruto is to surpass his father, it would be tough to do that without any of these mentioned. it may well happen that Boruto will have the sage mode (toad). I can imagine his eyes sage mode + byakugan? it would be strange to see, and for this reason he might not develop one of these powers. as Sage mode is more powerful than the sight that Byakgun brings.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 11:48   Link #75
itachi-san314

I'm not saying it will happen, but it would be funny if the scar across Boruto's eye is a red herring having nothing to do with the Byakugan and that he would have awakened it on his own somehow anyway
Old 2016-05-14, 08:42   Link #76
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Can't say I'm a big fan of this so far. I have no interest in seeing a manga retelling of the Boruto movie. It doesn't add anything to the story. Also, I highly doubt Naruto is dead as the beginning suggests. It's probably a play on words or something dumb like that. I find it hard to believe that Naruto's death would be treated as a teaser spoiler.

It's not surprising they are retelling the film just like how The Dragon Ball S manga and anime retold both of the new films. You can't assume everyone who reads shounen jump will have seen the films.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 12:25   Link #77
itachi-san314

^There wasn't a manga retelling of 'The Last'
Old 2016-05-17, 05:00   Link #78
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
^There wasn't a manga retelling of 'The Last'
And? nothing important happens it's just filler between chapters 699 - 700.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-17, 10:54   Link #79
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
And? nothing important happens it's just filler between chapters 699 - 700.
And... I was refuting your point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
It's not surprising they are retelling the film just like how The Dragon Ball S manga and anime retold both of the new films. You can't assume everyone who reads shounen jump will have seen the films.
If 'The Last' is filler then so is 'Boruto Movie'. Same Kaguya-clone villains. And 'The Last' is the main character's love story and how he got together with Hinata and had Boruto and Himawari. Nothing important there...
Old 2016-06-02, 21:04   Link #80
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The second chapter has already been released. It's still a retelling of Boruto the Movie but where are we discussing it? Here?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoiler discussion, weekly spoiler discussion