AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-22, 19:12   Link #821
Dr. Casey

Just watched episode 8. I've never paid much attention to the chick that's tsundere for Sasahara, but she won me over this episode. "W-what the hell are you thinking? Are you stupid? You've got it wrong! I was just thinking about the truth of the world, and I just happened to end up going the wrong way!" Haha. 'I was just thinking about the truth of the world'? If that's not the best thing anyone's ever said, I don't know what is.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 02:55   Link #822
monir
cho~ kakkoii

How brilliant is this show!!!!? Really! Simplicity at it's best. Episode 8 was.... uhm.... brilliant. Yeah.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 07:09   Link #823
Nikkan

Anyone know where I can get romanji lyrics for the ending song? Acapela version too if it exists.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 12:05   Link #824
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Ep 8

Best scene: Elevator

Best character: Mai
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 13:55   Link #825
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Anyone know where I can get romanji lyrics for the ending song? Acapela version too if it exists.
I only have the TV-size lyric. Hope this can help you. BTW, the lyric is really cute after translated
Spoiler for Lyric:
Old 2011-05-23, 15:00   Link #826
OmegaRed
Envoy of the end

Ah I love this series, just finished watching episode 8.

I have a question, is there only going to be 12 episodes total for this series right?
OmegaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 15:17   Link #827
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
(just because I'm OCD, "romanji" isn't a word)

Correcting and adding to what Hiroshi posted...
Spoiler for Romaji:

And for the heck of it:
Spoiler for Translation:
Old 2011-05-23, 17:26   Link #828
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRed View Post
Ah I love this series, just finished watching episode 8.

I have a question, is there only going to be 12 episodes total for this series right?
It'll be 26, according to My Anime List.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 18:06   Link #829
Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
It'll be 26, according to My Anime List.
And there's some way to check if that is true? Because ANN says that are just 13 episodes.

The best of the Eight Episode was the Elevator, I don't know how to describe the ridiculous feelings that came to me when I watched it @w@

The scene of the robotto hand was pure lulz, and I tought that it was gonna take the whole episode, but it ended in the most freakingly way possible xD

I can't forget the deer~
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 20:49   Link #830
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
One thing I'll say about Nichijou is that each episode usually has at least two or three scenes that I really like, which is enough to keep me watching hoping to see more such scenes.

In this latest episode, I share the sentiments of a few other posters, in saying that I really liked the bit with Sasahara and Tachibana (I think that's her name). Tachibana is the tsundere character type done right, while Sashara's overall style and ever calm demeanor does make for a hilarious contrast with Heavy Weapons Girl.

As for the Elevator scene... I see that KyoAni is having fun here.

Well, if they're going to really get experimental with different artstyle and animation approaches, a sketch comedy like Nichijou is probably as good a place as any to try it with.

I will admit that I'm impressed with KyoAni's creativity here. I've never seen an anime try a style quite like the one that Nichijou put on display during the elevator scene. Heck, I haven't seen animation period (Japanese, Disney, or otherwise) try something like that before.
Old 2011-05-23, 22:01   Link #831
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One thing I'll say about Nichijou is that each episode usually has at least two or three scenes that I really like, which is enough to keep me watching hoping to see more such scenes.

In this latest episode, I share the sentiments of a few other posters, in saying that I really liked the bit with Sasahara and Tachibana (I think that's her name). Tachibana is the tsundere character type done right, while Sashara's overall style and ever calm demeanor does make for a hilarious contrast with Heavy Weapons Girl.

As for the Elevator scene... I see that KyoAni is having fun here.

Well, if they're going to really get experimental with different artstyle and animation approaches, a sketch comedy like Nichijou is probably as good a place as any to try it with.

I will admit that I'm impressed with KyoAni's creativity here. I've never seen an anime try a style quite like the one that Nichijou put on display during the elevator scene. Heck, I haven't seen animation period (Japanese, Disney, or otherwise) try something like that before.

Yeah, you'd kinda expect that it would be a studio like SHAFT that would try to do something like that, not KyoAni.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 00:06   Link #832
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Do-don't gett the wrong idea-I-It's not like I wanted to comment on how awesome this episode was.

Nichijou Episode 8

Damn it Tsundere with guns really is awesome. Moar Misato and Sasahara please.
Old 2011-05-24, 09:38   Link #833
inisipis

Just when we thought there is a smidgin of plot development from eps. 8 the show again throw a 180' with some totally random sequences that does away with any sense of logic , explanation or even a resolution. You gotta just love this series when the main characters all went totally NUTS.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 13:58   Link #834
yura`

The absurdity of the show keeps growing on me with each passing episode. Like some people have said, that elevator scene was epic.

And Tomokazu Seki after the credits <3

Is anyone else enjoying the BGM as much as I am?? I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released now.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 00:46   Link #835
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

How about a change of pace:

And for those interested: Hyadain's YT channel
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:59   Link #836
monir
cho~ kakkoii

That was fantastic, Crow!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 00:57   Link #837
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...u-opening-song

Looks like Kyoani doing mid-series OP changes is no longer a rarity. Looking forward to a second Hyadain OP.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 01:43   Link #838
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. I wonder if it means anything (aside from the likelihood of Nano going to school being seen in the new OP). Confirmation of a 24-26 episode series as oppose to a 12-14 episode series?

Having not read more than 24 chapters of the manga so far, I can't tell what is going on anymore...as I think there is only a few plots they've not done yet...and almost all of those are from the beginnning (with Nano going to school).
Old 2011-05-26, 01:46   Link #839
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...u-opening-song

Looks like Kyoani doing mid-series OP changes is no longer a rarity. Looking forward to a second Hyadain OP.
Most excellent news. Hyadain's boss and anyone who says he isn't is jealous of his widespread talent.
Old 2011-05-26, 15:34   Link #840
Ziziphus
Whatever

I can't help but adore Sakamoto-san. He's easily the best thing in this anime really (a cat who refuses to act like one ). His scenes in episode 8 were so d'aww I had to go and make a bunch of gifs from them. Actually, not a bunch, just some:

Uhm, feel free to use any if you like.

Last edited by Ziziphus; 2011-05-27 at 03:22.
Ziziphus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life