AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 75.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 12.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-16, 00:57   Link #81
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Nonetheless, if we all can still look back and reminisce the fun times afterschool drinking tea and eating cakes, this series has already achieved its purpose. K-On will live on.
Damn right Eater of All! Damn right! *sniff*
Old 2010-09-16, 01:34   Link #82
hai_san

Beautiful Episode. 10/10

Azusa crying and wonderful song at the end. I nearly cried too. 1 more EP till the end of the end...
Old 2010-09-16, 01:42   Link #83
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Closed out nicely with that song for Azusa .

Oh - love that Azusa repeated her line the first time they performed for her.

Last edited by ID555; 2010-09-16 at 02:01.
Old 2010-09-16, 03:30   Link #84
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Closed out nicely with that song for Azusa .

Oh - love that Azusa repeated her line the first time they performed for her.
It was actually Yui's line.
Old 2010-09-16, 03:36   Link #85
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
It was actually Yui's line.

Oh. Now that you mention it...
Old 2010-09-16, 03:36   Link #86
Ezilled

I thought it would going to be another bawfest, but I honestly didn't think it would turned out something lighthearted and bittersweet. The last few scene especially the song dedicated to Azusa had an impact to me, messaging that their strong sense of friendship will never be shattered no matter how far they are from each other, even if those goodbyes and parting are always heart-breaking and melancholic towards the end of everything. What I also liked the most from the episode was the whole class giving a signature collage to Sawako and what they wrote on the chalkboard. It certainly drew parallelism to my ol' high school -- we also gave thanks and gifts from our beloved teachers as well as classmates. This show made me miss the days I spent there and want to restart all of those memories anew.

Anyhow, the second half was about Azusa who burst her feelings to her seniors, or rather the Light Music club original members. Honestly, the source material did it better. The background soundtrack didn't fit at all from the atmosphere, and it may seem that her speech was rather out of the blue. At the very least, they succeed to comfort her by sending a song to mend her heart. Totally unexpected that Ritsu and Mugi sang a part of the piece. After that, Azusa declared that it wasn't good at all and suggested to do an encore. It reminded me on the first episode of S1 where Yui also feel that their performance was completely underwhelming; however, she thought that it's fun that they play together and joined the group. Quite nostalgic if you ask me. Also the ending was kinda short, and I was going to get pumped when I heard Fuwa Fuwa Time again. It can't be helped, even though there's still left to be desired. Oops, I nearly forgot that this might be the first time I've ever laughed at Azusa's antics. I'm sorry if I laughed when she's absent-mindedly bumped at the wall and made a strange face while Jun was staring at her.

"Things have come to an end. Thinking back, it has been an important lesson in life." -- Peach Moon Institute Principal

Yes, it's just like yesterday that K-ON started. The good times and bad times we've had are really precious and irreplaceable. That's why I'll never forget this show forever. Thanks for giving me inspiration, K-ON. Pound it up and say brofist!

Cue that Guitar ni Kubitakke, bitches.

Last edited by Ezilled; 2010-09-16 at 04:00.
Old 2010-09-16, 03:55   Link #87
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING WHEN SAWAKO THOUGHT YUI WAS HIDING TON-CHAN IN HER BLOUSE!!

And the message passing is hilarious.....apparently it followed the 10% rule - "Sawako-sensei failed". And Azunyan's blank face is epic cute. Way too cute.

Ui is officially a siscon now. She is depressed because she won't be wearing the same uniform as her sister - I can't believe she wanted to wear Yui's hand-me-downs!

Fuuko bundling her hair epic makes her look pretty.

Everything comes out in this episode.....

1. Ritsu cuddling Mio - obviously they had a long and intimate relationship for a long time......

2. Fuuko bundling her hair and using the word "interesting" instead of "fun" - bookworm, albeit a cute one.

3. Himeko looking at Yui when she is playing with the diploma container - she HAD some feelings for that airhead, doesn't she? Or is that the effect of Mugivision™ on the class?

P.S It seems that there is a TL-error....Jun-chan called Azunyan "Nihon-nin", a shortform for "Nihon ningyou", translated as "Japanese doll". But I think they internationalised it to "anime figurine" since in popular culture, a Japanese doll is rather synonymous to figurines.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-16, 04:08   Link #88
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

And it ends.... Great episode actually even though it would be the last... 3rd season soon to come?

Guess the surprise was the "It wasn't that good" line that was hilarious actually.
Old 2010-09-16, 04:31   Link #89
Dr. Casey

As much as I've enjoyed almost every K-On song (Pure Pure Heart kicks ass, and I wore out the food song along with U&I the day episode 20 came out), this Tenshi song has managed to secure the #1 spot for me. Specific things I liked about the song...

- The part that focuses on Ritsu from 19:25 to 19:34. Sentimental Ritsu gets to me more than the other girls for some reason, and I really like her expression here.
- 'But hey, we got to meet a wonderful angel.' Favorite line of the song by far. Really sweet and touching, and it made the four of them really seem like protective, doting senpais.
- Loved Sawako's face around the 20:40 mark. Looks like she's got so many emotions swirling about her that she isn't sure what to feel.
- I liked all of the scenes that show Azusa's response to the song, but the one that I find the most powerful is that from 20:47 to 20:52. At the moment, anyway. I could see it changing to the part where her gaze shift across all four members of the band and she wipes her eyes depending on my mood.

Yeah, I think KyoAni's really created something special with this episode. I never liked high school and was glad to leave, but Sakura High's graduation is making me sad. Puts me in the mood to watch episodes from the first season, where the bittersweetness hadn't kicked in yet and the K-On members could take each day for granted because they were still early in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
then again Kyoani may choose to do irrelevant, slice-of-life segments and ruin the show (at least for me)
Yeah, I was worried about that too, though after thinking about it I don't think KyoAni would end the series with completely mundane episodes that are indistinguishable from the early season stuff. I have no idea what the 'bonus episodes' are going to be about, but I'm sure the season won't end on an anticlimatic note.
Old 2010-09-16, 05:22   Link #90
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I has cried very very Manry tears

Old 2010-09-16, 05:29   Link #91
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

It ended and now I have to go to school after seeing this, how do they expect me to do that!?
Old 2010-09-16, 07:06   Link #92
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And the best of it all was the final song they played for Azusa. Sure it wasn't mind blowing, rocking or whatever. It was a mellow ballad that you don't always associate with a group whose ultimate aim is to rock it out at Budokan.

But it was perfect.
It's not very good.
Old 2010-09-16, 07:07   Link #93
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
3. Himeko looking at Yui when she is playing with the diploma container - she HAD some feelings for that airhead, doesn't she? Or is that the effect of Mugivision™ on the class?
According to Himeko's official profile, Yui has apparently become "attached" to her. Wouldn't be surprising if Himeko grew fond of Yui in turn.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-09-16, 07:12   Link #94
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i SHAT manly tears
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-09-16, 07:14   Link #95
Qikz

Well, that made me burst into tears, I can't believe it's actually over. I won't believe it's over!

Please see sense and make a new Manga/series focusing with them all at college, I don't think I can live without K-On making me smile every week no matter how bad I'm feeling. Everything about that episode was so great, yet so bad at the same time because I knew it really did signify the end.

Why do you do this to me KyoAni.
Old 2010-09-16, 07:17   Link #96
CWW
Lurker

Graduation sucks. That is all.
Old 2010-09-16, 07:53   Link #97
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I has cried very very Manry tears
Quoted for Truth.
Old 2010-09-16, 08:10   Link #98
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
According to Himeko's official profile, Yui has apparently become "attached" to her. Wouldn't be surprising if Himeko grew fond of Yui in turn.
Well there is always an unhappy party :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Well, that made me burst into tears, I can't believe it's actually over. I won't believe it's over!

Please see sense and make a new Manga/series focusing with them all at college, I don't think I can live without K-On making me smile every week no matter how bad I'm feeling. Everything about that episode was so great, yet so bad at the same time because I knew it really did signify the end.

Why do you do this to me KyoAni.
SECONDED. Make a college-version of them sharing the same dorm with Mugivision extras and Mio and Ritsu doing hanky-panky at night!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-16, 08:31   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Crap... I've downloaded the thing and now I'm afraid to watch it ....o.O Maybe I'll play Recettear just a bit longer this morning.
Old 2010-09-16, 08:47   Link #100
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Crap... I've downloaded the thing and now I'm afraid to watch it ....o.O Maybe I'll play Recettear just a bit longer this morning.
I tried this. Work, it did not.

Edit - Amf!

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-09-16 at 08:58.
Closed Thread