AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-27, 02:36   Link #1
VeNjuNsE

pick my next anime based on my favs please!

I just can NOT find another anime to get addicted to now that I finished Hajime no Ippo!
I don't know if it's just me, but I cant put any favorite anime above another favorite and stick to that decision. So here is a short list of the anime that i've enjoyed most and perhaps some of you could debate which I would most likely enjoy the most. I'll watch them and if you're right ill tell you. So much for you to gain by doing this..... : /

Okay! Here goes!

Death Note
Hajime no Ippo
Beserk
Kenichi
Akagi
Naruto (just for the word "jutsu" : P this i can definitely say is my least favorite of my favorites)

So... unlike most of you that i'm sure have 40 favorites and arent picky, I have 6. Please use your knowledge to assist me. Thanks in advance ^_^
Old 2008-05-27, 02:54   Link #2
james0246

Hunter x Hunter might be a good bet. It has the fun Shounen action of Kenichi, Naruto and Ippo, with some dark elements akin to some of the lighter moments found in BeRserk (I am being very general in talking about the similarities). Overall, a great series, and the OVAs are amazing.

The magnificent One Piece must also be considered. Quite possibly the best Shounen series currently being made in manga or anime format. Highly recommend.

Law of Ueki is alot of fun, with some cool powers.

Fullmetal Alchemist is fairly interesting as well, if not that stellar of a show.

If you liked Berserk, you might like Claymore, Gungrave, or X (high recomendation for X). s-CRY-ed as well.
Old 2008-05-27, 02:58   Link #3
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNjuNsE View Post
So... unlike most of you that i'm sure have 40 favorites and arent picky, I have 6. Please use your knowledge to assist me. Thanks in advance ^_^
Hey hey, I have three favourites.

Try out the currently airing Nabari no Ou if you like Naruto and "jitsu".
Methinks Akagi and Kaiji are pretty similar, so you might want to see that.
Code Geass is pretty similar to Death Note, except it also has mecha action, very contrived romance, and a bit less pretension.

And Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is an anime that's just addicting, though it's not really similar to anything you listed except maybe Berserk because of its violence.
Old 2008-05-27, 03:40   Link #4
VeNjuNsE

Oh right. Kaiji was the one I couldn't think of. Yeah Kaiji rules : )

And i saw one episode of Code Geass and just saw a lot of mechs hoping around so I dismissed it after the 2nd or 3rd episode. It really has some similarities to death note?
Thanks to both of you so far. I have quite a few animes to check out : )

And just out of curiosity, where do most people watch their anime?
Old 2008-05-27, 03:54   Link #5
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
And i saw one episode of Code Geass and just saw a lot of mechs hoping around so I dismissed it after the 2nd or 3rd episode. It really has some similarities to death note?
Thanks to both of you so far. I have quite a few animes to check out : )
Really?
I don't remember mechs jumping around until the second or third episodes, but I haven't watched it in a while.
I think you'll really like Code Geass if you give it another chance though, and yes, it's quite similar to Death Note.

And let's consult the relevant rules for your second question.
Well, when I'm watching unlicensed fansubbed anime (often currently airing series), I'll usually get the torrents off of the main site if it's an action series (watching streaming action sucks.) or if it's something with some particularly pleasing animation. As for other unlicensed fansubbed series that don't need particularly high-quality animation to be enjoyed, I'll usually stick with veoh and this one other higher quality streaming site that will probably give me a strike if I mention it.
And I obviously only watch licensed series on DVD (usually rented) or on TV.
Old 2008-05-27, 04:23   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah, I recommend Kaiji and Claymore.
Old 2008-05-27, 05:20   Link #7
crimmy88

Basilisk is a great action show.. try that
Old 2008-05-27, 06:31   Link #8
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Judging from your shows, I'd add my voice to suggesting Claymore. It is primarily an action show, though a fair amount of philosophy is spouted during the fight scenes. When you get to the second major story arc--episode 5 to 9 I think, it is handled especially well, after a mediocre start. There's quite a bit of "leveling" up and one of the interesting things about it is, how much of an underdog the main character is.
Old 2008-05-27, 07:46   Link #9
VeNjuNsE

Underdog? Just like all of my favorite animes? : D
I guess Claymore will be first...I have a Magic booster draft to attend in 10ish hours so I should sleep now but i'll try *every* suggested anime and tell you what I think. I don't have a choice I guess...after watching Ippo (soooo sooo good. go watch it now if you haven't seen it), i'm really looking forward to finding more. Thanks again guys/ladies.
goodnight/morning (EST) : P
Old 2008-05-27, 09:32   Link #10
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
well if you liked Hajime no Ippo the only anime that comes to mind is Grappler Baki.
Old 2008-05-27, 23:05   Link #11
VeNjuNsE

Ahh yes I enjoyed the first season...kinda... but it didnt go on my favorite list mainly for the reason of "season 2". Man, that was garbage : )
Old 2008-07-01, 16:26   Link #12
Solid

Watch This!

Quote:
I just can NOT find another anime to get addicted to now that I finished Hajime no Ippo!
I don't know if it's just me, but I cant put any favorite anime above another favorite and stick to that decision. So here is a short list of the anime that i've enjoyed most and perhaps some of you could debate which I would most likely enjoy the most. I'll watch them and if you're right ill tell you. So much for you to gain by doing this..... : /

Okay! Here goes!

Death Note
Hajime no Ippo
Beserk
Kenichi
Akagi
Naruto (just for the word "jutsu" : P this i can definitely say is my least favorite of my favorites)

Hey man! Glad to hear that you are also a fan of hajime no ippo I havent found anything like it yet either.. Many say that grappler baki resembles it, but i don`t think so :P You should watch Gantz, its not like hajime no ippo, but its realy good
Old 2008-07-04, 07:00   Link #13
hold

Quote:

Okay! Here goes!

Death Note
Hajime no Ippo
Beserk
Kenichi
Akagi

i think you will love Samurai x , or the real name Rurouni Kenshin.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto - Arena.com
Old 2008-07-04, 15:11   Link #14
9mmx19

Claymore for a serious action/fantasy.
Soul Eater reminds me of a funnier Naruto/Bleach.
Yakitate!! Japan for a light/wholesome anime with lots of "battles" and the main character getting stronger. Yeah its about cooking but dont let that deter you. Its great.
Old 2008-07-06, 08:03   Link #15
Seriost
musicHOLiC~

Send a message via MSN to Seriost
My Alltime Favorites:
Cowboy Bebop(Slow at start. Wonderful and touching at the end)
Fruits Basket Cute! Especially the opening xD
Gravitation Man X Man anime x_x still very touching. made for music
Beck I prefer the manga but I like the anime too. made for the music.
Neon Genesis Evangelion A must
Ah! My Goddess funny. Kinda slow but a kind of drug(its own religion)
Ergo Proxy dark and gloomy. Goth sometimes, But the animations are art itself.
Closed Thread