Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-03, 15:17   Link #161
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe the author didn't want Rimuru to kill 20000 people for vengeance. But it's different if it's to resurrect his people.
Maybe. But I wish the author had handled this differently. I knew about the Demon Lord business already since I had snooped the wiki a bit (haven't read the source), but didn't know how it would come to be. This is a bit of a disappointing.

l'd hoped that Rimuru would go on a revenge rampage precisely because Shion and the rest dying, and then as a consequence, he'd become the demon lord. But instead he's going to become a demon lord intentionally, to resurrect the others ..

The whole thing would've had more impact if Rimuru hadn't found out so quickly that the can be resurrected. Even better if they had stayed dead but well, I didn't take this show for one to kill of MCs anyways.

Though ngl I kinda wished Shion would stay dead. Not a fan of that character and the so so overseen stereotypical things about her.
Old 2021-03-03, 17:37   Link #162
Magewolf

Honestly, most of this is Rimuru's fault. Which is why I wish the dead would stay dead.

He has been sliding along trying to look as harmless as possible so even the assholes who have some idea of how powerful he is do not think he is dangerous. A reputation for responding to attacks on his people swiftly, thoroughly, and with extreme prejudice is the best defense he could give them. And instead of learning that lesson he is handed some get out of death free card powered by half-assing the defense of his people.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 18:02   Link #163
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Honestly, most of this is Rimuru's fault. Which is why I wish the dead would stay dead.

He has been sliding along trying to look as harmless as possible so even the assholes who have some idea of how powerful he is do not think he is dangerous. A reputation for responding to attacks on his people swiftly, thoroughly, and with extreme prejudice is the best defense he could give them. And instead of learning that lesson he is handed some get out of death free card powered by half-assing the defense of his people.
Considering the motives of those involved, it wouldn't have changed anything unless he demonstrated a lot more power. Maybe more than he actually had. (Remember how Hinata handled him?)

And of course, there's the question of where, how, and why he'd have demonstrated that power.

What could have changed something is more distributed and aggressive defense, but hindsight is 20/20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Maybe. But I wish the author had handled this differently. I knew about the Demon Lord business already since I had snooped the wiki a bit (haven't read the source), but didn't know how it would come to be. This is a bit of a disappointing.

l'd hoped that Rimuru would go on a revenge rampage precisely because Shion and the rest dying, and then as a consequence, he'd become the demon lord. But instead he's going to become a demon lord intentionally, to resurrect the others ..

The whole thing would've had more impact if Rimuru hadn't found out so quickly that the can be resurrected. Even better if they had stayed dead but well, I didn't take this show for one to kill of MCs anyways.

Though ngl I kinda wished Shion would stay dead. Not a fan of that character and the so so overseen stereotypical things about her.
I'm not saying the story is ideal or anything, but I prefer intentionality to rage and accidents.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 18:20   Link #164
Frontier

I can't wait until we see Hinata's reaction to Rimuru ravaging the Falmuth army because she utterly failed at her job .
Old 2021-03-03, 19:01   Link #165
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post

Except if he didn't look harmless, Tempest might be attacked much earlier. Also don't forget little is known about Orc invassion so there is no way having reputation of "swiftly and thoroughly responding" to agression so only way to show power, would be actually attack someone else for no reason which would be terrible idea.
Old 2021-03-03, 23:50   Link #166
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe the author didn't want Rimuru to kill 20000 people for vengeance. But it's different if it's to resurrect his people.
Or maybe have another plot device to justify the killing to become a demonlord without Rimuru going down the dark path. Like maybe prevent the repeat of this or some other stronger reason. Why is resurrection the only card?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 05:58   Link #167
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Or maybe have another plot device to justify the killing to become a demonlord without Rimuru going down the dark path.
First of all, who said going down the path of becoming a Demon Lord, is the Dark Path?
Also, it was already justified when Rimuru would kill those people (though vaguely in the Anime, but clearly in the Novel and Manga).
Rimuru isn't doing the things he is about to do for others (like for Shuna or Benimaru or Shion). He is only doing it for his own selfishness.
He just doesn't want to see the people he cared and loved leave him like that (one of the reasons being he was a loner in his previous life).

Quote:
Why is resurrection the only card?
The only thing i can say about that is, because the only other option is really restricted and could only be used by "One" sole person because of their uniqueness.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 18:00   Link #168
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
The trio arrive on time is definitely anime took the thing to their convenience, that why source reader complain how this is a very fast pace episode

Spoiler for actual manga and novel source:

Well it work in anime format somehow
but it is definitely not better outcome
They really should have kept it that way. They've been taking their time this entire season, why rush such an important moment?
Old 2021-03-05, 19:19   Link #169
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
As for Myulan, although her actions did cause a lot of death, I felt her "punishment" was not enough. However, I guess that is one way to gain her full loyalty for Rimuru's use in the future. Besides, the convenient story of how all those people who died can now somehow be revived lessens the loss.
Agreed. Though I think your sentence would make more sense if you omit "although". Although makes it sound like a lot of death is some sort of mitigating factor against a harsh punishment heh. While my feelings are mellowed knowing she had a bug (I didn't think Clayman could hear everything 24x7, I thought she had to actively communicate with him), I still feel she's still getting off pretty scot free considering all the deaths. I would have had to impose some kind of sanction on her regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Technically Myulan is partially responsible for why they have a chance to save everyone thanks to the barriers, which I assume is what Rimuru wanted her help with, so I think that will be her way of atoning.
Yea, but had she not contibuted to the attack on Tempest they may not have needed the soul retention help in the first place. You can't profit from your own malfeasance.

The writer is annoyingly wishy washy. We could have had a powerful moment with Rimuru coming to grips with the death of his friends but instead we immediately get the fairy tale resurrection stuff. Oh no, 3.14 percent? I'm on the edge of my seat, will it or won't it work??? (eyeroll) Duh, of course it will. So he takes the easy way out to handwave the deaths. The same thing with Myulan. When the great sage basically told Rimuru "hey, she isn't that culpable" it was the writer trying to make the audience not hate her because he wanted to heel-face turn her later. He needs to take some notes from GRRM, lol, let the blood flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I would agree if it was Shuna, but no amount of character grow is equivalent exchange to death Shion.
Yea, I was thinking "awww why couldn't it have been Shuna instead of Shion?" when I thought the character was really dead lol. Not that I have anything in particular against Shuna, she's just such a boring/bland character.

Last edited by Strahan; 2021-03-08 at 23:37.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 22:48   Link #170
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty lame to reveal some major deaths and have an instant revival plot startup right away (or at all). It takes the impact away; I remember the shit Leon Cromwell did in season 1.

Quote:
Or maybe have another plot device to justify the killing to become a demonlord without Rimuru going down the dark path. Like maybe prevent the repeat of this or some other stronger reason. Why is resurrection the only card?
After what I mentioned above, I'm almost surprised if this is what happens. I was thinking Rimuru kills them in the barrier and revives them too to cheese the demon lord title.

Anyways I should've guessed instantly that Shion wasn't really dead just based on how she's portrayed in the ED.
Old 2021-03-09, 10:57   Link #171
mickbis

Really dissappointing.. the first episode that I dislike
about half episode is recap even a recap tale from previous episode...
the rest is talking and this part is cleary bring drag out so that the action part will be in next week
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 11:27   Link #172
Frontier

It had honestly slipped my mind that Rimuru had never brought up being a former human to everyone yet, but I guess it never felt relevant to bring up until now .

I don't think Rimuru following his humanity was really to blame, nor everyone else for what they feel was a slight on their part to stop the attack. Playing the blame game isn't going to help. Something bad happened to them because of some underhanded individuals, and now it's time to respond to that appropriately and move on .

I'm glad Rimuru isn't writing off all humans. Instead, his intentions in becoming a Demon Lord will be to have the strength and power to foster a world where humans and monsters can truly come together and where humans can't feel like they can attack innocent monsters without proper punishment, and to keep the Demon Lords in-check and safe from the humans themselves. Lofty and high goals, but I'm hoping he can achieve them .

So Clayman wants all those souls for himself to become an even stronger Demon Lord? Rimuru doesn't seem too worked up about that, so I wonder what his plan to subvert Clayman is? And is Milim still attacking the Beast Kingdom ?

"We'll all die together!" Jeez Gabiru, don't jinx it! Even your sister's telling you to get a grip. Although him and his troops flying off was pretty epic .

Is Hinata not with any of the attacking forces? Does she think it's a done deal and she doesn't need to be there? I don't know whether I want to see them rush to Rimuru's rematch with her or watch her face when she finds out what happened to Falmuth after she failed to kill Rimuru .

I really wish we could see Myulan's true form more...

Time for payback and a long-awaited devouring .
Old 2021-03-09, 11:44   Link #173
Sacredus

Hinata should be week of travel from Tempest so rematch will not happen soon. Remember Rimuru was using teleportation skill to get back home.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 13:19   Link #174
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Seems to me like Myulan got off the hook easily, but this is anime after all, sworn enemies become best of friends after they're beaten by the main protagonist lol.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 19:11   Link #175
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was one boring episode. 20 minutes of the characters sitting around a table and talking about things we already know. It's baffling that they rushed the last episode and then we get this.
Old 2021-03-09, 19:40   Link #176
grecefar

Come on... another week to wait finally to see how rimuru wipe them out?, man this was almost a recap chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 20:12   Link #177
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Come on... another week to wait finally to see how rimuru wipe them out?, man this was almost a recap chapter.
This show sure does love its recaps .
Old 2021-03-09, 21:12   Link #178
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
This was such a bad job of stalling. I guess they would excuse it by saying they want to stop at a certain point but they could have just as easily put the five minutes of useful stuff from this episode at the front and then actually given all the action to come a little more time to be shown instead of rushing it into two episodes the way they seem to be planning it.

This season in general has had terrible pacing even allowing for the fact that they had to try to fit in events left out of the earlier seasons.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 21:36   Link #179
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was one boring episode. 20 minutes of the characters sitting around a table and talking about things we already know. It's baffling that they rushed the last episode and then we get this.
Yeah, not only did we get robbed of any stakes by promising that important characters will be revived...they stalled us too. If you won't give us stakes, at least give us a well-paced progression.
Old 2021-03-09, 21:53   Link #180
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Rimuru telling everyone who he really is