AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-31, 02:53   Link #921
s07195
However,

That sucks.
Old 2010-01-31, 05:40   Link #922
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Of course the good news is that if you live in the Americas or Southeast Asia (sorry, China T_T, but you'll have pirated copies of it while it's still in the theaters, so it all evens out), you can buy and legally watch the Japanese BD on your BD player when it comes out. No waiting, and the original guys that did the work are the ones getting your money. Wonder if they'll be offering any English subtitles on it?
Old 2010-01-31, 06:17   Link #923
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Also, they are selling goods at the showings. Among them will be a 24 page pamphlet with the latest Ito-san Yuki picture as seen in the images thread. Only 1000 yen!
Any chance of getting them? Or will we have to wait for them to be up on Amazonjp or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
WHEN(if ever) WILL IT BE SHOWN IN SINGAPORE!?!?!?!
Damn straight. Haruhiism needs to come to Singapore! I don't think I can stand waiting for so many months, while knowing that nearby in Taiwan, they're screening it. Oh come on, Taiwan got it, why can't Singapore too?
Old 2010-01-31, 06:31   Link #924
DmitryEV

Send a message via ICQ to DmitryEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Of course the good news is that if you live in the Americas or Southeast Asia (sorry, China T_T, but you'll have pirated copies of it while it's still in the theaters, so it all evens out), you can buy and legally watch the Japanese BD on your BD player when it comes out. No waiting, and the original guys that did the work are the ones getting your money. Wonder if they'll be offering any English subtitles on it?
If you don't live in A\1 region, you can just go to local torrent tracker and download BDRemux or BDRip.
Old 2010-01-31, 07:06   Link #925
Gyom

Send a message via MSN to Gyom
Well the majority of blu-rays are region free, especially for anime ones. Look at cd-japan, you will see that most of them are region free so you can play on any BR player.

I hope the Vanishment movie will be region free, I live in Europe.
Old 2010-01-31, 14:16   Link #926
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Here's a picture of the most-wanted movie tickets in Japan right now. I saw some auctions go over 20,000 yen for one-two of one showing.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-01-31, 16:18   Link #927
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

Quote:
Here's a picture of the most-wanted movie tickets in Japan right now. I saw some auctions go over 20,000 yen for one-two of one showing.
I'd commit acts of grievous bodily harm for these.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:32   Link #928
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
And yet I still won't be surprised if the movie turns out to be largely hype and falls well short of any expectations I might have for it. Also who said they are the most wanted movie tickets in Japan right now? Maybe among otaku, but I would think among the average movie going population it would probably be Avatar.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-01-31 at 16:43.
Old 2010-01-31, 17:12   Link #929
Animexcel

Well the movie involves a human boy and an alien girl. It's the same time length as Avatar
Old 2010-01-31, 17:23   Link #930
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
And yet I still won't be surprised if the movie turns out to be largely hype and falls well short of any expectations I might have for it. Also who said they are the most wanted movie tickets in Japan right now? Maybe among otaku, but I would think among the average movie going population it would probably be Avatar.
Considering that the average Japanese individual could walk to a theatre and see Avatar with no problem compared to only two showings of Vanishment where the cast comes out afterward for a talking session, I believe that the latter would be more desirable by fans. I will grant that Avatar is a more popular movie overall, but since there's a limited amount of cast sessions, I'd say the Haruhi movie tickets would be more wanted compared to the easier to get Avatar tickets.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-01-31, 18:03   Link #931
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Considering that the average Japanese individual could walk to a theatre and see Avatar with no problem compared to only two showings of Vanishment where the cast comes out afterward for a talking session, I believe that the latter would be more desirable by fans. I will grant that Avatar is a more popular movie overall, but since there's a limited amount of cast sessions, I'd say the Haruhi movie tickets would be more wanted compared to the easier to get Avatar tickets.
Well if you are willing to set up a very specific supply vs. demand scenario like that then of course it's more desired by core fans vs. the casual viewers of a mainstream flick. I could just as easily conjure up the same scenario for fans going to the Unicorn sneak preview which has even less seats available for purchase (one that I know of in Hong Kong) that get them the talking session with members of production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Well the movie involves a human boy and an alien girl. It's the same time length as Avatar
This is true and kind of a funny coincidence, but still kind of beside the point. Good comparison though, and one I never would have thought of myself.
Old 2010-01-31, 21:31   Link #932
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Any chance of getting them? Or will we have to wait for them to be up on Amazonjp or something?

Damn straight. Haruhiism needs to come to Singapore! I don't think I can stand waiting for so many months, while knowing that nearby in Taiwan, they're screening it. Oh come on, Taiwan got it, why can't Singapore too?
Haruhiism already has followers here, it's just that the Church of Haruhiism (KyoAni/Kadokawa) chose to appoint the wrong Archbishop (ODEX ) to distribute the Holy Documents.

Taiwan isn't exactly near. Now if it were showing in Malaysia, I would be really pissed. I'm also interested to know if the Taiwan release is subbed or dubbed, and in what language.
Old 2010-01-31, 22:34   Link #933
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Haruhiism already has followers here, it's just that the Church of Haruhiism (KyoAni/Kadokawa) chose to appoint the wrong Archbishop (ODEX ) to distribute the Holy Documents.

Taiwan isn't exactly near. Now if it were showing in Malaysia, I would be really pissed. I'm also interested to know if the Taiwan release is subbed or dubbed, and in what language.
I'd guess subbed if anything, as it's going to be too soon to give it a good dub. They could probably get away with neither, considering how familiar most of the fans are with the story. I'll certainly be downloading the first RAW I can get my hands on, and I couldn't find a restroom in Japanese.
Old 2010-02-01, 01:00   Link #934
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:

Why did you get pissed so much against showing the movie in M'sia( which is less probable than in singapore)? If it showing in s'pore I'm willing to get the passport and drive >400km to S'pore.
Old 2010-02-01, 01:53   Link #935
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

This is true and kind of a funny coincidence, but still kind of beside the point. Good comparison though, and one I never would have thought of myself.
What's funny is that it's the alien who's using a human body as an avatar
Old 2010-02-04, 10:01   Link #936
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

With the movie premiere only two days away, I guess the time is ripe for a countdown topic?
Old 2010-02-04, 11:05   Link #937
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
You guys think it would play in San Francisco first?
Old 2010-02-05, 09:14   Link #938
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
You guys think it would play in San Francisco first?
If I get word of one in the San Fran area, I am there no matter what, no matter the cost.
Old 2010-02-05, 09:52   Link #939
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Well since the movie is coming out tomorrow I expect we should be able to get reviews from 2Chan?
Old 2010-02-05, 09:56   Link #940
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
But you know otaku...

Hardcore Haruhi otaku: KITAAAAAAA~ THE GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!! MARRY ME, YUKI NAGATO!!!

Casual Haruhi fan: It's good...

Anime Critic: *a big long review*

Anime fan: Meh...

Tags
science fiction, shounen