AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 14:54   Link #3241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Seems to belong to Itsuko.

Also, you'd think she'd have the sense to wear a bra with that.
It is probably that the artist (like beanbrew) doesn't think she needs one.
Old 2009-04-05, 15:06   Link #3242
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is probably that the artist (like beanbrew) doesn't think she needs one.
Hrm. With that pose, she could be trying to charm somebody. Having no bra would help with that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 16:13   Link #3243
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hrm. With that pose, she could be trying to charm somebody. Having no bra would help with that.
Or the person could actually prefer a bra.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 16:19   Link #3244
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Or the person could actually prefer a bra.
I second that.
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 17:19   Link #3245
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
( But in reality , I am pretty sure than Beanbrew would addapt to this situation, eventualy...)[/SIZE]
Or he'd go insane.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 17:29   Link #3246
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or they will kill him for food because he won't satify their needs.
Old 2009-04-05, 17:58   Link #3247
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Seems to belong to Itsuko.

Also, you'd think she'd have the sense to wear a bra with that.
If she's borrowing clothing from Itsuko, she might not have a bra that would fit her available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Or he'd go insane.
Whaddya mean "go"? I thought he already was.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 18:17   Link #3248
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443
If she's borrowing clothing from Itsuko, she might not have a bra that would fit her available.
Maybe it's because I'm being overly practical, but if she was borrowing clothing from Itsuko, she could always borrow a tank top or something less loose. And if she was borrowing shit from people anyways, she could probably take some safety pins and just close the top up or pin it together in the back. She'd be ruining many a fanboy's dreams, but this is the girl version of Kyon being discussed here. She's bound to be pretty practical. That might eliminate the need to borrow clothes from someone else in the first place...

Why am I reading so much into this, anyways? You can't even read a picture.

WAIT WHAT
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 18:21   Link #3249
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Exactly. It's not very in-character.

So the only reason she'd be doing that is in an attempt to use feminine wiles. Which she's probably terrible at.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:32   Link #3250
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

But it'd probably be pretty adorable/entertaining to watch her fail. It would probably involve a lot of luminescent blushing. ...Wait, if she knew that sucking at using the aforementioned wiles was cute, then would that make her some sort of wiles-using genius?

Wiles is a fun word to type.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:35   Link #3251
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
But it'd probably be pretty adorable/entertaining to watch her fail. It would probably involve a lot of luminescent blushing. ...Wait, if she knew that sucking at using the aforementioned wiles was cute, then would that make her some sort of wiles-using genius?

Wiles is a fun word to type.
You are SO RANDOM.

But yeah, it would indeed be entertaining and cute to watch her utterly fail at using feminine wiles. And succeed as a result of her failure.
Old 2009-04-05, 18:39   Link #3252
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kyon...in his narrative is rather intelligent. Sighting things you wouldn't think an average high school student would know...and in some cases you wouldn't think a Japanese student would know or care about knowing. But in his normal behavior, he seems rather ordinary, if rather put out by being forced to stick close to Haruhi.

Kyonko should reflect this somewhat. Her narrative might have a better grasp on things, but in realtime...she'd be put out by having to stay around Haruki (I guess for the sake of Mitsuru's honor rather than Mikuru's innocence).

So her mentally noting that she is doing it wrong, and yet doing it because she's forced into doing it makes some amount of sense. Though somehow I can't see Haruki forcing Kyonko into this (Itsuko yes, Haruki no).
Old 2009-04-05, 19:23   Link #3253
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro
Kyon...in his narrative is rather intelligent. Sighting things you wouldn't think an average high school student would know...and in some cases you wouldn't think a Japanese student would know or care about knowing. But in his normal behavior, he seems rather ordinary, if rather put out by being forced to stick close to Haruhi.
Yeah, except for the moments when Kyon acts like a fucking retard. Such instances of impairedness show up whenever someone implies that Haruhi and him like each other. In the later novels it's more like he's being PUNCHED IN THE FRIGGING EYE SOCKET with this information, though. Honestly, if kissing Haruhi made her happy/un-emo enough to stop her from recreating the universe, you'd think Kyon would get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
You are SO RANDOM.
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I've only had bad experiences with the word random, though. The majority of my friends will laugh for half an hour straight because someone said "monkey", "crack", "cheese", or "irony" while I'm busy facepalming / despairing. They don't get the fact that they CHOSE TO SAY THOSE WORDS SO IT'S NOT FRICKING RANDOM ASA;DKJKCS

...Sorry about that.

Last edited by wittyusername; 2009-04-05 at 19:24. Reason: rage-induced spelling failure
Old 2009-04-05, 19:29   Link #3254
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Yeah, except for the moments when Kyon acts like a fucking retard. Such instances of impairedness show up whenever someone implies that Haruhi and him like each other. In the later novels it's more like he's being PUNCHED IN THE FRIGGING EYE SOCKET with this information, though. Honestly, if kissing Haruhi made her happy/un-emo enough to stop her from recreating the universe, you'd think Kyon would get the point.
I think it's not that Kyon doesn't notice it, it's that he doesn't WANT to notice it.

Quote:
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I've only had bad experiences with the word random, though. The majority of my friends will laugh for half an hour straight because someone said "monkey", "crack", "cheese", or "irony" while I'm busy facepalming / despairing. They don't get the fact that they CHOSE TO SAY THOSE WORDS SO IT'S NOT FRICKING RANDOM ASA;DKJKCS

...Sorry about that.
See.

This is what I mean.
Old 2009-04-05, 19:30   Link #3255
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Exactly. It's not very in-character.

So the only reason she'd be doing that is in an attempt to use feminine wiles. Which she's probably terrible at.

I just can't see her do it ... Kyonko doing this has to be some form of force majeure; she's got to do it for reasons beyond her control. Maybe to save Mitsuuru from being put in a similar position?
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 20:10   Link #3256
unmoldedtruck

Quote:

...Sorry about that.
Again, "What. The. Hell?" You have strange friends IRL.

...Though honestly, this is starting to remind me of how I am IRL. I kinda tend to end up completely unfocused when I can just talk, instead of mostly unfocused when I have to write. Well, unfocused on things other than complaining about various noncanonical depictions of Kyonko's chest, and maintaining ambiguity about how much of my perversion is real and how much is to see the reaction. Though on that subject, I would like to say that 2D is 2D, and things okay in 2D, like 10 year old girls (or boys) are not okay IRL. In multiple senses. For example, apart from the obvious construction of that sentence, 10 year olds are far more annoying IRL than in 2D; possibly because you can turn them off in 2D without much effort. And turning them off IRL would also involve criminal charges, and even if you don't get convicted, it's not like the whole trial process is any fun. Even less fun if you don't get bail, though I'm not sure what bail regulations are. I seem to remember that the Constitution provides for not requiring excessive bail, but that's a pretty useless statement. I'd have to check some SCOTUS cases to get a better idea of what's required, but I'm too lazy to right now. I can get back to you on it though.
Old 2009-04-05, 20:16   Link #3257
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss
I just can't see her do it ... Kyonko doing this has to be some form of force majeure; she's got to do it for reasons beyond her control. Maybe to save Mitsuuru from being put in a similar position?
That's probably the most plausible idea, but Haruki could always force her to. Itsuko probably could annoy her into acting like that, too. That would just be acting, though...although then Kyonko would probably get even more embarrased and self-conscious, because she'd be afraid she was doing it wrong. Because of that, she'd have exactly the desired effect...leading me again to the theory that she is secretly a flirting master,

But then that makes me think of a kung-fu master of some sort, which Kyonko is definitely not. Kung fu masters tend to be old guys with gratuitous facial hair. That is disturbing mental image of Kyonko.

...Shit, maybe I really am a Cloudcuckoolander? I did do the whole "try to wake someone up with a frying pan but grab a knife instead" Osaka thing, and I suggested a cafe haunted by the ghosts of adorable dead animals like Osaka did, too...before I had ever heard of Azumanga Daioh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew
...Though honestly, this is starting to remind me of how I am IRL. I kinda tend to end up completely unfocused when I can just talk, instead of mostly unfocused when I have to write. Well, unfocused on things other than complaining about various noncanonical depictions of Kyonko's chest, and maintaining ambiguity about how much of my perversion is real and how much is to see the reaction. Though on that subject, I would like to say that 2D is 2D, and things okay in 2D, like 10 year old girls (or boys) are not okay IRL. In multiple senses. For example, apart from the obvious construction of that sentence, 10 year olds are far more annoying IRL than in 2D; possibly because you can turn them off in 2D without much effort. And turning them off IRL would also involve criminal charges, and even if you don't get convicted, it's not like the whole trial process is any fun. Even less fun if you don't get bail, though I'm not sure what bail regulations are. I seem to remember that the Constitution provides for not requiring excessive bail, but that's a pretty useless statement. I'd have to check some SCOTUS cases to get a better idea of what's required, but I'm too lazy to right now. I can get back to you on it though.
...The Phoenix Wright trial music started playing in my head near the end of that.
Old 2009-04-05, 20:22   Link #3258
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Always a good thing to remember than you are a 16 year old studdying Law, otherwise it would have been more creepy. BUt a suggestion, don't talk like that in IRL, peoples can get strange ideas easyly .
Old 2009-04-05, 20:24   Link #3259
unmoldedtruck

Quote:
Kung fu masters tend to be old guys with gratuitous facial hair. That is disturbing mental image of Kyonko.
Could be another martial art. I've met one woman who, as someone else described her, made a career out of face shots and groin pulls. Once kick her husband hard enough to break his cup, and started screaming after she noticed the blood. There is also Dr. Lee, at UCMAP, who is old and insanely awesome. Like the moment when you realize you can't tell where his wrists are because of all the muscle, or when he says something like, "Some guy emails me, say 'Hey, Edward.' He's dead. I kill him."

Somehow, I think I may have missed the point of your statement. It's alright though, I wasn't aiming for it.

Quote:
...Shit, maybe I really am a Cloudcuckoolander? I did do the whole "try to wake someone up with a frying pan but grab a knife instead" Osaka thing, and I suggested a cafe haunted by the ghosts of adorable dead animals like Osaka did, too...before I had ever heard of Azumanga Daioh.
I think you answered your own question.

Quote:
...The Phoenix Wright trial music started playing in my head near the end of that.
I just wonder how the Phoenix Wright system works. I mean, it's clearly based off the Japanese system, but it's funny to think about it in the context of an American system. Though the Japanese system is weird by itself, considering their confession rate. Though I guess we just substitute plea bargains.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Always a good thing to remember than you are a 16 year old studdying Law, otherwise it would have been more creepy. BUt a suggestion, don't talk like that in IRL, peoples can get strange ideas easyly .
It was meant as more of a demonstration of my tangential speaking abilities. The content of what I say IRL is usually less questionable... Well, sometimes less questionable.
Old 2009-04-05, 20:34   Link #3260
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

All of you are crazy.

Tags
genderbender, images, kyonko, seitenkan