Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 12:32   Link #1681
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Spoiler for Depends on how you define "witch":
Old 2011-05-17, 18:34   Link #1682
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Spoiler for Depends on how you define "witch":

Spoiler for Makes sense sort of:
Old 2011-05-19, 20:02   Link #1683
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Spoiler for Makes sense sort of:
Spoiler for how i took it:

Anyways, got a lot of questions to ask; most are pretty in depth though, so there may not be explicit answers for every single one. Answer if you'd like, please~
Spoiler for very spoileriffic questions:

Kudos to anyone who wants to answer any of these questions, since most of them make you think. Thanks to anyone who can answer.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 20:55   Link #1684
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post

Anyways, got a lot of questions to ask; most are pretty in depth though, so there may not be explicit answers for every single one. Answer if you'd like, please~
Spoiler for very spoileriffic questions:

Kudos to anyone who wants to answer any of these questions, since most of them make you think. Thanks to anyone who can answer.
Really I wouldn't read my answers. Go watch Higurashi no naku koro ni rei which is an OVA. It has a lot of the answers you're looking for except the first question.

Spoiler for Answers:
Seronei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 21:28   Link #1685
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
-Why does Hanyuu appear as a child when we see her, and sound like Rika when she was (mentally) a kid? I thought that Hanyuu died as a young adult.
I don't think that can directly be answered (possibly in Kizuna during her arc, but I haven't read that yet). My guess it that she mentally is / wants to be a child and chose to take the form. She did say a couple times in the VN that she has always wanted to join the club members' childish fun.
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 02:05   Link #1686
Joly
モエカステル

About Rika's (physical) age...

So I was looking back in my Higurashi Kai summary book at the character line drawing section. I know it has always been said that none of the characters are given an official age and that we can only estimate, but I noticed Rika has a different line drawing for herself in 1981 (when her parents die.) Her dress and hair is a little shorter than her design for present time.

The line drawing is labeled:
梨花9歳
Rika, 9 years old.

I wonder if it would be safe to accept that as an actual official age...? I've also been seeing "August 25th" around as Rika's official birthdate (Japanese wikipedia, fans on Pixiv), but I don't know the source of that.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 02:37   Link #1687
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would put her at 11 during the events of 1983, going on 12.
Old 2011-05-26, 04:54   Link #1688
Joly
モエカステル

That's what I thought too, assuming August 25th is her official birthdate.

Also, going back to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyaSai View Post
Is the Nintendo DS version of Miotsukushi-hen different from the PS2 version? Including the ending? How?
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for NDS Miotsukushi-hen:

Someone else who has played through and fully understood the arc may have to clarify my information.

EDIT:

Ugh. Replying to more old questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
Also, a question from myself, has anyone read the PS2 Kakera Asobi sound novels, and all of Kataribanashi-hen?

Because apparently...

Spoiler for Is this really canon:

Can someone confirm that this is actually true, and there are no other comics in Kataribanashi-hen that portray any other pairing actually having a relationship? Because this just makes me wonder what exactly happened to Mion (and possibly Rena) then.
Spoiler for what the heck:

Last edited by Joly; 2011-05-26 at 14:15.
Old 2011-05-26, 19:08   Link #1689
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Spoiler for what the heck:
That..is quite an old question ^^; thanks for the reply, though I actually realized a day after asking that the person on Fanfiction who strongly believed in the picture being a pregnant Rika probably just saw wrong. Her and the obi does make her look a little big.

Also, can somebody identify which OST this instrumental was based off of?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30520334/Track3.mp3

Same goes with this one. Sounds very familiar, but I can't pinpoint the exact OST it was based off of.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30520334/Track4.mp3

*I'll remove if links are not allowed

The composer titled it "Giwaku", but the original Giwaku from the Higurashi OSTs sounds nothing like this. Unless it has a meaning to it? But the first half of the track does sound very familiar.

Last edited by Kantoku; 2011-05-26 at 19:32.
Old 2011-05-26, 22:37   Link #1690
Joly
モエカステル

I noticed there was no answer to your question, so I thought I'd try to answer it to clarify some things. (That person is really deeply into KeiichiRika...)

Where did you find those tracks, by the way? I don't recognize any of them. They sound a bit un-Higurashi-like. (Or maybe they are just fan songs...)
Old 2011-05-26, 22:50   Link #1691
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
I noticed there was no answer to your question, so I thought I'd try to answer it to clarify some things. (That person is really deeply into KeiichiRika...)

Where did you find those tracks, by the way? I don't recognize any of them. They sound a bit un-Higurashi-like. (Or maybe they are just fan songs...)
I actually saw your request (er, more like a comment) for the "dai on classics" album by Ruined Well and went to go look for it. Unfortunately, I was only able to find many people selling the album CD. However, I did come across different albums by a different composer(s?) in the process For some reason or another, though, the original composers are unknown, and the album got mixed with another I think? Also found another album by violinist TAM of TAMUSIC.

Edit: Never mind, just found out that they were arrangements of various visual novel BGMs ^^; finished uploading all of them as well, both albums can now be heard here.

Last edited by Kantoku; 2011-05-27 at 15:46.
Old 2011-05-27, 16:28   Link #1692
Nasanieru

yup never ever have i seen an anime that i was almost sick.
Nasanieru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 14:42   Link #1693
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasanieru View Post
yup never ever have i seen an anime that i was almost sick.
If you watch season two, I'm sure you'll change your mind after. Out of all the three seasons, it's probably the best one.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 18:59   Link #1694
AyaSai

Quote:
Spoiler for NDS Miotsukushi-hen:

Someone else who has played through and fully understood the arc may have to clarify my information.
Oh..! Well, I do remember in Kakara Asobi that after Miotsukishi-hen, before the credit rolls in Matsuri, I heard Satoshi's voice said "tadaima." Unless.......

Anyone, in NDS Miotsukishi, do you know any more details in Tomoe's side? Is she alright (I heard she died in that arc (WUT?!))? And what about Nagisa (didn't she died in Tokihogushi-hen, that' what i heard of)? And what about this Shirou Hanada character? Is he another antagonist in Miotsukishi-hen, like Takano? Is Shirou working for Takano and Tokyo? Also, did Natsumi's parent survive in that arc?

Sorry, I was just trying to work on a crossover fanfic based on Higurashi Kizuna, that I wanna know more details about the game (yet, there's not enough info...)...
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 23:13   Link #1695
Joly
モエカステル

Oh. I guess I'm wrong then. Miotsukushi-hen appears to be the only non-voiced arc in Kizuna 4, so I can't quite tell who's talking. orz I'm sorry!

I think the best I can tell you is what characters showed up in NDS Miotsukushi-hen that makes it different from the PS2 videos I've seen. Shirou Hanada also shows up in the NDS version. (He gives me the impression that he's a villain in Tomoe's story...)

I don't really know if Tomoe died in this ending? It looks like she was only badly injured judging from the CGs. She shows up during the ending credits eating at a restaurant with Natsumi.
Old 2011-05-29, 12:37   Link #1696
AyaSai

Quote:
Oh. I guess I'm wrong then. Miotsukushi-hen appears to be the only non-voiced arc in Kizuna 4, so I can't quite tell who's talking. orz I'm sorry!

I think the best I can tell you is what characters showed up in NDS Miotsukushi-hen that makes it different from the PS2 videos I've seen. Shirou Hanada also shows up in the NDS version. (He gives me the impression that he's a villain in Tomoe's story...)

I don't really know if Tomoe died in this ending? It looks like she was only badly injured judging from the CGs. She shows up during the ending credits eating at a restaurant with Natsumi.
I KNEW IT! I KNEW TOMOE DIDN'T DIE IN THAT ARC!!

Thank you!

Wait, Miotsukishi-hen's unvoiced in the NDS?! Aww.... (well, that explains why Shirou doesn't have a seiyuu).

And I'm wondering how Nagisa appeared in Miotsukishi-hen (since I thought she died in Tokihogushi-hen, unless she's mentioned or something (like her ghost appeared or something))?

Also, this question is about Kotohogushi-hen. Well, I know who Riku is (Rika's ancestor, Hanyuu's husband), but what happen to him? Did he died in the Fire?
Old 2011-05-29, 18:58   Link #1697
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Also, this question is about Kotohogushi-hen. Well, I know who Riku is (Rika's ancestor, Hanyuu's husband), but what happen to him? Did he died in the Fire?
Oh darn it, now I wish I had finished Kizuna 4 last year... I wonder what happened to Riku as well.
Old 2011-05-29, 21:07   Link #1698
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
I KNEW IT! I KNEW TOMOE DIDN'T DIE IN THAT ARC!!

Thank you!

Wait, Miotsukishi-hen's unvoiced in the NDS?! Aww.... (well, that explains why Shirou doesn't have a seiyuu).

And I'm wondering how Nagisa appeared in Miotsukishi-hen (since I thought she died in Tokihogushi-hen, unless she's mentioned or something (like her ghost appeared or something))?

I think they left Miotsukushi-hen unvoiced to give Matsuribayashi-hen, Saikoroshi-hen, and Kotohogushi-hen voices. (Maybe not enough memory on the game to have all arcs voiced...?)

It seems like Nagisa appeared like a ghost or a memory. At one point during the story, her sprite shows up transparent.

Spoiler for Kotohogushi-hen obersvations:
Old 2011-05-30, 11:42   Link #1699
AyaSai

Quote:
I think they left Miotsukushi-hen unvoiced to give Matsuribayashi-hen, Saikoroshi-hen, and Kotohogushi-hen voices. (Maybe not enough memory on the game to have all arcs voiced...?)

It seems like Nagisa appeared like a ghost or a memory. At one point during the story, her sprite shows up transparent.

Spoiler for Kotohogushi-hen obersvations:
Aww... that last part of the Kotohogushi-hen observation... so touching...so sweet...

Spoiler for now I had a feeling...:

Wait? There's 2 fire incidents in Onigafuchi?! One I thought was when Ouka perform the Watanagashi?! How did the other fire incident happen?

Spoiler for also:
Old 2011-05-30, 13:23   Link #1700
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Spoiler for also:
Spoiler for Clarification: