Old 2008-04-11, 21:52   Link #81
KrimzonStriker

Lelouch doesn't have a problem with it?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:57   Link #82
TurquoiseThyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I've also got 'Ninianne' as a possible name as well. The names I put up are technically older then the Nimue version I believe.
It has been a while since I was on an inspired by Athurian Legend reading binge, which is where I got most of my ideas from. So your information is probably more detailed. I only casually cross checked what I rembered with wiki.

I didn't know that Lelouch was supposed to get a "good" end. This makes me happy.
TurquoiseThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:58   Link #83
KrimzonStriker

Well, the main writer said he would get one... even if he ended up dying >_>
Old 2008-04-11, 21:59   Link #84
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, to be clear, it was said he could die and still get a "good" end as well.

If C.C. was any of those people though, what would her wish be?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 22:01   Link #85
ashlay
the red string of fate

Whatever, none of Taniguchi's leads have died (...yet), and none of his protagonist immortals have had unhappy ends either. Not to mention the death part in Okouchi's message to viewers sounded rather casually thrown out.

I'll keep believing that neither Lulu or CC will die, even if it leads to sadness in the end. ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, to be clear, it was said he could die and still get a "good" end as well.

If C.C. was any of those people though, what would her wish be?
doesn't matter Dann, to the staff they're just immortals too, right?

no way to tell, though it's certainly not death.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 22:03   Link #86
KrimzonStriker

Uhh, if they led sad lives I wouldn't have been prone to pick that over getting happy deaths. I would probably prefer the latter more if that was the case >_>
Old 2008-04-11, 22:09   Link #87
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Whatever, none of Taniguchi's leads have died (...yet), and none of his protagonist immortals have had unhappy ends either. Not to mention the death part in Okouchi's message to viewers sounded rather casually thrown out.

I'll keep believing that neither Lulu or CC will die, even if it leads to sadness in the end. ;_;

doesn't matter Dann, to the staff they're just immortals too, right?

no way to tell, though it's certainly not death.
Well, given the type of guy Taniguchi seems to be I would agree with that as well. And that deathj part did seem just thrown in there from the way it was described.

Well, if they both live I would hope they can each be happy in some way.

What does that mean?

I agree that it certainly isn't death though that limits to what we can choose from. Does she want to be reunited with a lost lover or something?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-11, 22:23   Link #88
TurquoiseThyme

We all know that she wants to own Pizza Hut Corporation, well probably.

But what she wants Lelouch to do for her, I don't know.

Morgan usually wants to defeat Arthur or Merlin because of some kind of natural cycle of kingdoms thing or some kind of Christian/Pagen conflict, when she is potrayed positivly. When she is potrayed negativly she just hates Arthur and or Merlin because she is Arthur's evil incestious sister.
Old 2008-04-11, 22:27   Link #89
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, there were those variations of Morgan in the legends. While she seemed to be against him in some legends, she was one of those that took him to Avalon.

Old 2008-04-11, 22:55   Link #90
TurquoiseThyme

Quote:
Well, there were those variations of Morgan in the legends. While she seemed to be against him in some legends, she was one of those that took him to Avalon.
You are right Morgan does take Arthur to Avalon and even watchs over him.

In the spectrum of how Morgan is potrayed I don't see a lot of paralells to C.C. The only thing I think might work is Morgan vs. Merlin = C.C. vs. V.V.

Her motivations are unclear to me. Sometimes I think that whatever she required Lelouch to do in the contract might not have anything to do with what she wants. Instead it might be something she has to ask for in order to use her "magic". I also think her "magic" has some kind of quasi scientific origin.
Old 2008-04-12, 07:28   Link #91
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
You are right Morgan does take Arthur to Avalon and even watchs over him.

In the spectrum of how Morgan is potrayed I don't see a lot of paralells to C.C. The only thing I think might work is Morgan vs. Merlin = C.C. vs. V.V.

Her motivations are unclear to me. Sometimes I think that whatever she required Lelouch to do in the contract might not have anything to do with what she wants. Instead it might be something she has to ask for in order to use her "magic". I also think her "magic" has some kind of quasi scientific origin.
True, there are really just as few parallels as with the other theories. Still, if she was a figure such as that she could have been the source of some legends and thus be misinterpreted as time went on. Maybe she wasn't an evil witch or anything, though there is still some chance that she could have been but no longer remembers.

C.C. doesn't have any problems using her abilties so I am not sure that is it. It's possible that Lelouch may need to become something akin to a God in order to accomplish some task for her though that is just another theory. I suppose the biggest issue is what is going to become of her, and Lelouch, when all this is done.

Old 2008-04-12, 15:48   Link #92
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Morgan La Fay would be the best candidate in this case I would think since she was said to be a witch.
I thought about that too during the first season because of the "witch", "Lancelot" etc. things.

Then, could it be that Suzaku takes the role of Lancelot ?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 15:52   Link #93
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I also thought about that during the first season because of the "witch", "Lancelot" etc. things.

Then, could it be that Suzaku takes the role of Lancelot ?
he already did that.

Well, I'd say the whole Arthurian nomenclature has more or less been relegated to mechanics alone, don't think it'll end up having anything to do with C.C.'s name.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:19   Link #94
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, it probably is just with the mechanics. Who was it who said we could figure everything out from the name? I don't see how a name could do that at all.

Old 2008-04-12, 22:37   Link #95
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Well, I'd say the whole Arthurian nomenclature has more or less been relegated to mechanics alone, don't think it'll end up having anything to do with C.C.'s name.
Lancelot the Betrayer? That's a 1:1 for Suzaku. The Arthurian mythology is not only for the machines, its about the characters using the machines as well. The Gawain works as well, given its fierce battles with the Lancelot (Lelouch and Suzaku) and its ultimate fate of 'dieing' for the king.

C.C. also isn't just a character or just a human, so she could very well be exempt from the above regulation. Though, personally, I don't suspect her name to be from Arthurian Legend but from English History. If she is an ancestor of Lelouch it would explain his shocked face upon discovering it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:39   Link #96
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I severely doubt she is related to Lelouch at all. I still don't why everyone thinks he recognized the name. Couldn't he just have been reacting to the fact that he just heard her real name and then sat back to process it. He just learned something pretty big about her.

Old 2008-04-12, 22:41   Link #97
Var
Banned

Quote:
I severely doubt she is related to Lelouch at all. I still don't why everyone thinks he recognized the name. Couldn't he just have been reacting to the fact that he just heard her real name and then sat back to process it. He just learned something pretty big about her.
If it was just a name then the reaction seems overdone. His reaction is one of someone recognizing something more than simply being surprised. He drew back, not just raised an eye-brow. If she is related to him, it would work with why she's working so much with Marianne. That's still a pretty big question, still.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:43   Link #98
WhiteWings

Maybe Leloch did recognize the name though that doesn't mean he's related to her. Just the unexpected event of knowing a mysterious person's name out of nowhere can briefly startle a person.
Old 2008-04-12, 22:43   Link #99
KrimzonStriker

And he's not going to bring this up if she is related to him why exactly??
Old 2008-04-12, 22:44   Link #100
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

But for all he knew, she didn't have a real name. He had to process the information. And being related doesn't have to be the reason for the connection with Marianne.