AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-20, 14:13   Link #1
Skorpa

The hokages

I have a feeling that the second hokage is worthless :P
Lemme show u guys my point

First hokage = Finder of the konoha village, ended a whole century of war or something

Second hokage = We don't know a thing about him.

Third hokage = Known for knowing all the jutsus and is called a professor

Fourth hokage = Do i even need to say something about him? Sealed the nine-tails, known as a genius bla bla bla.

Why isn't there any background story of the second hokage. I want to know more about him. Dont u guys wanna know more? Anybody who knows more?
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 14:42   Link #2
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

he was the 2nd Hokage, that fact alone proves he wasn't worthless :s
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 15:13   Link #3
Tatay
Aj, is there any1 better?

Send a message via ICQ to Tatay
Maybe because he has a special history behind him that is yet to be relealed
Tatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 15:27   Link #4
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

wasn't the 2nd hokages one of the two hokages orochimaru summoned? If he was worthless he wouldn't have been summoned with the first, and the fact that he is hokage means he was not worthless. I bet the weakest hokage so far is the 5th
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 15:37   Link #5
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
isnt the second hokage the brother of the 1st hokage??????
dannylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 15:44   Link #6
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylu88
isnt the second hokage the brother of the 1st hokage??????
yes he is, and since he's the 2nd Hokage, he can't be useless, otherwise he would't be well..the 2nd Hokage

The first presumably died quite young hence the 2nd took over.

Thinking about my post on the age of Konoha in the -creation of konoha thread-I'd have to deduct that both the brothers were not Hokage for a long time. Probaly not even 10 years each...
Old 2004-09-20, 15:54   Link #7
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Where does it say that the 2nd is the 1st's brother?
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 16:03   Link #8
wb_hicks

go back and reread or watch the ep but the 3rd says he didnt expect the meet those two brothers again like this
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 16:20   Link #9
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
go back and reread or watch the ep but the 3rd says he didnt expect the meet those two brothers again like this
I have to rewatch but as far as i know mi Tranlation Ep. does not say nothing About Brother (Anbu-Aone)....

Also i dont Think he Was wothless...
2 reasons

1-Sensei of Sarutobi

2-He used A Powerful Water element Jutsu without Water.

well thas my Point of View
Old 2004-09-20, 16:48   Link #10
kboykb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
1-Sensei of Sarutobi
I think that one is enough right there..

But yes, he pretty much created a small river with that attack.. just like Jiraiya created a small swamp with his, although the differences between the two are.. debatable..
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 16:54   Link #11
Urashima-Sempai

The fact that he was a Hokage should be enough to tell you that he wasn't useless. They wouldn't just pick a Hokage for the hell of it, he had to of been amazing.

Also, in the Hokages and Orochimaru vs. Sandaime fight, Nidaime used a huge water element jutsu in a place with no water, proving his ability to use jutsus and his chakra.
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 17:04   Link #12
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

I think he was referring to them as brothers in the sense that they were his comrades.

I mean, if the 1st and 2nd were brothers, you think they would have mentioned it in relation to Tsunade. All they said was that the 1st was her grandfather.
Old 2004-09-20, 17:06   Link #13
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
I think he was referring to them as brothers in the sense that they were his comrades.

I mean, if the 1st and 2nd were brothers, you think they would have mentioned it in relation to Tsunade. All they said was that the 1st was her grandfather.
Why would they say; "She got that pendant from her grandfather the first Hokage, oh and the 2nd was her uncle"

dunn make sense
Old 2004-09-20, 18:20   Link #14
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Well I never knew they were brothers, and it certainly doesn’t say anything like that in the translation I have either.
Could you maybe post some proof?
And I always thought that it was both of them who started Konoha, and both of them were involved in the whole war thing.
In fact in the flash-back it’s both of them who are standing with Saratobi* maybe they both ruled as Hokage at the same time, though that is quite unlikely.
And someone said about the 2nd’s water jutsu that it was like a small river More like a tidal wave.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 18:35   Link #15
Genjing

I have a feeling that they weren't actually brothers... The 1st had a genetic Super-strength, that he passed on to Tsunade. Its unlikely that the 2nd had it as well. Sarutobi called them brothers but i agree with Genui Killua that it was just a term of endearment.

Also, when Jiraiya was telling Naruto why Tsunade was the most fitting to become Hokage, he mentioned only the 1st as her grandfather. Now if you were trying to impress someone with Tsunade's lineage, and she had two hokages as grandparents, why would you only mention one of them?

Also, if the 2nd can create tidal waves, walls of water, and ice missiles in a place without water... just think of what he could do if he were actually near a large body of water.
Genjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 18:46   Link #16
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Well I never knew they were brothers, and it certainly doesn’t say anything like that in the translation I have either.
And I always thought that it was both of them who started Konoha, and both of them were involved in the whole war thing.
In fact in the flash-back it’s both of them who are standing with Saratobi* maybe they both ruled as Hokage at the same time, though that is quite unlikely.
And someone said about the 2nd’s water jutsu that it was like a small river More like a tidal wave.
volume 14 chptr 118 pg 3 you will see that the 3rd called them brothers

she wouldnt have two people as grandparents. she just the granddaughter of the 1st. its the same as if your grandparents did great things and their siblings did too who you add oh well there brother was great just like them. it isnt important in that convertsation who are all in her family tree. just saying she is the granddaughter of the 1st is enough information to explain why she is worthy. you dont need to explain her family history to naruto who probly doesnt care less who she is related to.

also you cant say the 5th got her super strength from her grandfather because he didnt show any signs of being super strong.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:06   Link #17
raijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
When the 1st and 2nd Hokage appear from their coffins, the 3rd Hokage refers to them as "御兄弟お二人" (gokyoudai o futari), which means two siblings, or in this case "two brothers".

Also, in the Official Character Book, the 2nd Hokage is stated as the "初代の実弟" (Shodai no jittei) or biological younger brother of the Founder (1st Hokage).

Last edited by raijin; 2004-09-20 at 19:39.
raijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:17   Link #18
Mezu
The Guardian

hey Nidaime owns and btw, the first and the second are indeed brothers.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 19:17   Link #19
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I stand corrected. Thankyou.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 21:10   Link #20
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

That would be really incredible then, three hokages out of five coming from the same family.