AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-07, 22:07   Link #21
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Misaki must be alive.

The person that is being ignored must be chosen before the extra dead person is added because the act of choosing the person to be ignored requires acknowledgement of the person which means they aren't being ignored. Thus the person that is ignored can never be the extra dead person. Since Misaki was chosen to be ignored, she must be alive.
That logic makes complete sense, except it's never actually explained how the person ignored is actually picked. It might just be that "the person that sits in the back left corner doesn't exist" or some arbitrary rule like that. Or when the class roster is handed out at the beginning of the year, the teachers line out one student (like we saw), but that person might well be the dead one if his/her existence is already established in "memories." After all--the dead person is on that roster, or Kouichi and Mei could just count noses and go, "Hey, Izuki's not listed here! Get the exorcist!"

It's not really likely, but the idea that the writer would pull a last-second twist and reveal that one of the protagonists is the ghost (especially if the protagonists go from here on to work to try to end the curse forever) has some attraction as "the kind of thing writers do." I'm not saying it's so, just that the timing of Mei talking about how the dead person believes that he/she is actually alive comes so perfectly right after she assures Kouichi that she herself is alive.

That would, however, be cheesy, and thus far Another has only flirted with cheesiness (in the death scenes), so I'm hoping they don't go that route.
Old 2012-02-09, 17:34   Link #22
DesuX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Quoted for truth.

Seems like there will be more and more moe moments between Mei and Kouichi. After all the two of them are now effectively isolated in the class and can only socialize with each other.

Ah now I remember where I saw Misaki Mei before...

Spoiler for OMG IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW:
Old 2012-02-10, 16:07   Link #23
Miraluka
Banned

Did you say, moe Mei?

Old 2012-02-10, 16:27   Link #24
Extremesonic101

WERE DID YOU GET THAT! So freaking MOE!
Old 2012-02-10, 21:51   Link #25
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

What the fuck....too fucking cute

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-02-11 at 11:49.
Old 2012-02-10, 21:54   Link #26
freshoutofthepan

Hooooly shiittt!!!
Old 2012-02-10, 22:52   Link #27
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

First licking her finger and now dancing all happily. Is this really Mei?
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif
Old 2012-02-10, 22:56   Link #28
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Misaki MOE!!
Old 2012-02-11, 01:05   Link #29
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Did you say, moe Mei?

"Heeey class 3-3! Can ya see me now?"
Old 2012-02-11, 03:35   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not wonder that guy had a stroke right after thinking about her. That's one death explained. Her moe is too much to handle for the weak of heart! HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
Old 2012-02-11, 08:10   Link #31
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not wonder that guy had a stroke right after thinking about her. That's one death explained. Her moe is too much to handle for the weak of heart! HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG
It's not the curse the killed that boy in episode 5,his heart was just to weak to handle Mei's moe!
Old 2012-02-12, 00:33   Link #32
FateAnomaly

She is probably chosen because her family is related to the Misaki legend.
Old 2012-02-12, 22:22   Link #33
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Did you say, moe Mei?

Where in the world did this come from?? Oh my
Old 2012-02-12, 22:56   Link #34
sa547
*Author

^
That came from the official website. When I first saw that I told myself, "THIRD IMPACT!"
Old 2012-02-12, 23:24   Link #35
Oyashiro

I'm half-expecting Mei to twist everyone's new expectations sometime next episode and suddenly do something really gruesome or creepy. What we learned about her in episode 5, the gif of her dancing and those screenshots are there to give us false security, just you wait and see
Old 2012-02-12, 23:49   Link #36
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
I'm half-expecting Mei to twist everyone's new expectations sometime next episode and suddenly do something really gruesome or creepy. What we learned about her in episode 5, the gif of her dancing and those screenshots are there to give us false security, just you wait and see
Of course, if Mei does a sudden turnaround from "that shy quiet person in the corner that no one cares about" to "really playful girl", I'm pretty sure the people in the class would be freaked out.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Old 2012-02-13, 22:43   Link #37
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Of course, if Mei does a sudden turnaround from "that shy quiet person in the corner that no one cares about" to "really playful girl", I'm pretty sure the people in the class would be freaked out.
Well, she didn't actually start out in the corner (teaser sequence) but was moved there when she became the one to be ignored. And when she went to the art club it became pretty clear that she was quite popular with the underclassmen. I'm guessing "normal" Mei isn't creepy or shy at all, just made that way by the isolation (which is doubling what she's getting at home from her mom, so school stops being a place where she can get some normalcy in life, making the situation doubly sad for her).
Old 2012-02-14, 10:59   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Well, she didn't actually start out in the corner (teaser sequence) but was moved there when she became the one to be ignored. And when she went to the art club it became pretty clear that she was quite popular with the underclassmen. I'm guessing "normal" Mei isn't creepy or shy at all, just made that way by the isolation (which is doubling what she's getting at home from her mom, so school stops being a place where she can get some normalcy in life, making the situation doubly sad for her).
After seeing how popular she was among the members of the art club, I'm pretty sure she's been putting on an act all along in order to scare Kouichi away from her and ensure the safety of rest of the class. It didn't work out so well, since that only made her more intriguing in Kouichi's eyes. There's no way he could have left such a cute girl alone anyway

I think she's still a bit more quiet and reserved than most girls though. You won't see her act like in Kouichi's fantasy any time soon.
Old 2012-02-14, 11:03   Link #39
EroKing

2012 is the return of eye-patch moe
Her mom gave me some creepy/chilly vibes though >.<
Old 2012-02-14, 19:58   Link #40
rakusukira

it just amuses me to see that Koichi fantasizes about Mei.. that . was . hilarious .
Closed Thread