Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 22:20   Link #621
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Sea of Sorrows, though I may end up transferring elsewhere at some point. I don't actually know anyone on the server besides my RL friend who I don't actually play with and I'm 100% convinced will quit the second he dings level 80. That and, I may want to WvW eventually and this server seems to get stomped into the ground on a regular basis, though that could change with time. It's also apparently an unofficial oceanic server which I didn't realize when picking it, which makes a decent % of the playerbase incompatible with my time zone.
I thought you were Isle of Janith? Mmm some of my RL friends are pestering me to transfer to SoS now too.
Old 2012-09-05, 22:28   Link #622
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
SoS is full though, isn't it? You can't transfer to a full server.

Edit: Ah, no. It's now High.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 23:51   Link #623
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Trading post is good for leveling gear imo since it's so cheap; it's like a few hundred coin to replace your entire set of gear every few levels and that kinda money is so inconsequential. I just tossed 2k to toast everyone around just because I didn't know what to do with it. If I can go through stuff while munching down on my large stack of onion rings for exp/mf all the better

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 01:29   Link #624
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

level 80 finally and i think i'm at the last part of the story as well.
EDIT: my character doesnt look too happy though...lol.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-06, 13:21   Link #625
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Loving the game so far, but I have one big gripe: When I'm finding yellow loot after killing a common Jungle Spider, but get nothing but blues and greens for defeating the Shatterer and finishing Dungeons, I think that's a bit of a problem.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 18:41   Link #626
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
level 80 finally and i think i'm at the last part of the story as well.
EDIT: my character doesnt look too happy though...lol.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Prob because you pretty much did this to her.

Old 2012-09-06, 19:28   Link #627
nfsac

Is it so easy to reach lvl 80 on gw 2?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 19:40   Link #628
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Is it so easy to reach lvl 80 on gw 2?
While I'm not at 80 yet, I wouldn't say it was that hard to level in GW2.

If your in a server that is active during your play time then finding loads of people partaking in the events won't be hard and just jump in for some exp.
Plenty of stuff reward exp like crafting professions, exploring maps for 100%(altho that can be abit time consuming).
As far as I know story quests will generally reward the most exp but the missions have rather big leaps in levels between them. So your more than likely gonna be spending a great deal of time out on the plains with everyone else.
That's where it's really fun tho, taking part in events and seeing like 40 people rushing a base or defending one, can be pretty hectic but oh so epic!
Old 2012-09-07, 02:13   Link #629
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Trading post is good for leveling gear imo since it's so cheap; it's like a few hundred coin to replace your entire set of gear every few levels and that kinda money is so inconsequential. I just tossed 2k to toast everyone around just because I didn't know what to do with it. If I can go through stuff while munching down on my large stack of onion rings for exp/mf all the better
There's a gargantuan influx of goods while people are levelling, so I'm not surprised. Market might stabilize later, when more people are max and start levelling alts.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 03:35   Link #630
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm on Black Gate. I'm not sure where the population is, as I haven't been part of the massive zergs that were so common during pre-release. I am spending equal time between my Warrior, Thief, Necro, and Elementalist, all of which are between 35-38. Half the time I do an event, I'm the only one doing it. I'm fairly certain Humans drastically outnumber the other races. I was in the Asuran starting area, with our pop going between High and Full, and it was about as empty as could be. A little better with the Sylvari, and it's probably self-evident that the Char will always be the least played, simply due to there being enough players who want a pretty character. I wonder if this is why the Human story is so nauseating. Is it ArenaNet's passive aggressive way of trying to make us play the other races?

Btw, I used to be pretty down on Thief for pve, but once I realized you can essentially keep Blind up forever when using a Pistol off-hand, it's joined my Warrior as EZ-Mode pve. Popping three pets out also puts to shame anything my Warrior can do in terms of sheer damage, though in some ways I think my Warrior is still the king of EZ-Mode simply due to not having to actually do anything to be EZ-Mode, due to their stupidly high Toughness coupled to their stupidly high health regen, coupled to their stupidly good Passive Signets, coupled to their stupidly strong Precision line, which culminates in a character that has absurd crit rates and (pve) survivability.

The Necro is mostly an experiment. One that is failing. I like the idea of being a melee Necro using dual daggers, but the damage is so absurdly bad. Dual dagger Elementalist is fun, but a lot of work. Good in small doses, but tiring when putting in a long play session.

I've mostly avoided the Trading Post. I'm not particularly fond of player economies to begin with, as they're never built with the type of economic controls real economies use, making them-in my opinion-the silent plague of MMO societies. A lot less in-your-face than say...an MMOs General Chat, but probably a far more negative draw on gameplay than all the General Chat trolling. That said, it'll be interesting to see how inflation occurs with the added feature of the Gem Market, which will enable real life money to, theoretically, boost the inflation rate even more once the leveling has slowed down.

As far as Gem purchases go, I went ahead and bought enough character slots to make one of each class, and two bank slots. Hopefully, it's all the money I will ever hand over to Arena Net until a future expansion.

Lastly, while it is personally efficient to just tag a few mobs at an event, then move on, as you'll get credit for that event, I'm not sure I feel particularly good about doing so. Afterall, if we all played that way, none of the events would succeed, and then no one would get any xp/karma. Yes, I still do it as a player, but if I was a game developer, I'd probably change the events to require you being in the vicinity when it ends to gain the reward.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 03:42   Link #631
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There's a gargantuan influx of goods while people are levelling, so I'm not surprised. Market might stabilize later, when more people are max and start levelling alts.
If people are maxed then low level gear is going to be even more less valued-- they might just be sold directly to the AH because people are too lazy to vendor it. Meanwhile people are just offloading their failed crafts too.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-07, 06:58   Link #632
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I discovered the most irritating enemy I've ever seen in an MMO yesterday. Lv 45-49 spiders with both an immobilizing and a cripple attack. And there were a ton of them placed right in front of a jumping puzzle that could take a couple tries to complete. Much rage ensued when I accidentally fell and realized I'd have to run that gauntlet again.

Also, how many characters with names ripped from Sword Art Online has everyone seen so far? I think I'm up to 4. Though I will admit that "Asunna" did a really good job with transmutation and dyes to make their character look accurate.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 07:04   Link #633
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
If people are maxed then low level gear is going to be even more less valued-- they might just be sold directly to the AH because people are too lazy to vendor it. Meanwhile people are just offloading their failed crafts too.
Doubtful. Auctioning still takes more effort than just selling the stuff, and people who craft on their main rarely craft on their alts. They do, however, have lots of gold and want to get their alt to 80 as fast as possible.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 07:47   Link #634
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Regarding leveling to 80, it isn't that it's hard... But it becomes boring. It's a grind as anything else and after the 20th time of having to extinguish fire or repairing mortars, I want to kill myself. Ironically, if every quest included killing stuff I would have an easier time.

Because that's what keeps me playing; the combat system, which is very fun for an MMO, along with the personal story.

This is most likely a sign I personally can no longer handle MMOs as I once did, though, and less GW2's fault.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 10:29   Link #635
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Regarding leveling to 80, it isn't that it's hard... But it becomes boring. It's a grind as anything else and after the 20th time of having to extinguish fire or repairing mortars, I want to kill myself. Ironically, if every quest included killing stuff I would have an easier time.

Because that's what keeps me playing; the combat system, which is very fun for an MMO, along with the personal story.

This is most likely a sign I personally can no longer handle MMOs as I once did, though, and less GW2's fault.
What about Dungeons on explorable mode? Isn't it supposed to be really challenging so much so that it requires you to be on voice chat with other people and coordinating tactics?
Old 2012-09-07, 12:03   Link #636
leokiko

The main reason to buy equipments on the TP is to go into dungeons. Some classes have to buy it to solo PvE, but mostly it's for dungeons.

And btw, AC explorable has 2 routes bugged out of 3. Went with some friends that were level 65+ and still got crushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
What about Dungeons on explorable mode? Isn't it supposed to be really challenging so much so that it requires you to be on voice chat with other people and coordinating tactics?
It's very hard. Even with a great party, it takes a few hours to complete, and it involves a lot of teamwork. Once you get the hang of it with a selected party it becomes easier though. My guild has completed it several times AC and CM Explorable mode.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 12:23   Link #637
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post

It's very hard. Even with a great party, it takes a few hours to complete, and it involves a lot of teamwork. Once you get the hang of it with a selected party it becomes easier though. My guild has completed it several times AC and CM Explorable mode.
Is the challenge fun? How would you compare the challenge and engagement level to WOW raids?
Old 2012-09-07, 13:12   Link #638
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Is the challenge fun? How would you compare the challenge and engagement level to WOW raids?
I can't speak for WOW because I barely played that, but GW2 explorable is really fun...IF you know what you are doing. I have seen plenty of people bitching about its difficulty.

However, if you have good coordination, it is a lot of fun. I've only done it once, but every part has something different that needs a different strategy, and almost always the strategy revolves around YOUR abilities to dodge well(it gets freaking crazy at times) and your knowledge of bosses.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:21   Link #639
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

What the hell is with the zombie swamp area? The storyline portion (Brute Force) just ended up 2 shotting me. >.> I'm quite sure the regular portion kills me fast too.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-07, 16:22   Link #640
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Vigil missions and the Skritt story arc not race specific, racial story ends at 30 and the Skritt storyline is available to Charr and Sylvari players as well.
That's kind of sad although understandable. Are there no race-specific missions at all anymore after you join one of the three factions? Haven't seen one before 50 but I didn't realize it'll be like that all the way to 80.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote