AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-17, 13:40   Link #41
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Chapter 17

I still feel unease about going with the full snake route, but apparently it would of been generic and boring, if she went for the "Daily Life With A Monster Girl" version.

There no politic discussion in this chapter, all we had was a nice cute chapter about the friends and their younger siblings. Very cute, and I'm glad the chi-san weren't afraid of the snake girl and DAMN the mermaid really had big boobs! I wonder what do you guys think of the mermaid tail, only going all the way and stopping at the pelvis, instead of giving us a full Ariel look?
Old 2012-12-18, 03:41   Link #42
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Chapter 17

I still feel unease about going with the full snake route, but apparently it would of been generic and boring, if she went for the "Daily Life With A Monster Girl" version.

There no politic discussion in this chapter, all we had was a nice cute chapter about the friends and their younger siblings. Very cute, and I'm glad the chi-san weren't afraid of the snake girl and DAMN the mermaid really had big boobs! I wonder what do you guys think of the mermaid tail, only going all the way and stopping at the pelvis, instead of giving us a full Ariel look?
Leave room for fan-service+ dj?
Old 2012-12-25, 09:57   Link #43
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
New chapter. This time, it's a family trip to the hometown of Hime's family... and we find out that Hime really IS part of an old family. Literally. Like the area where the town was built on was actually theirs at one point in time, and even then they apparently still own a huge chunk of the surrounding countryside. And they have this huge old-style mansion too. Makes sense, I think, since there's more than enough hints that Hime's family is a samurai family.

The weird thing is though is the revelation that Shino's mom... is actually the younger sister of Hime's dad. Which makes her talk earlier about how it's not fair for Hime's family to be an "elite" family seem weird, as she's technically the third daughter of an old line.
Old 2012-12-27, 08:43   Link #44
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Turned out the characters in this series are all descendants from ancient family, Hime was from a centaur landlord, while i believe Nozomi is a young master of a famous dojo
Old 2012-12-27, 16:19   Link #45
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
New chapter. This time, it's a family trip to the hometown of Hime's family... and we find out that Hime really IS part of an old family. Literally. Like the area where the town was built on was actually theirs at one point in time, and even then they apparently still own a huge chunk of the surrounding countryside. And they have this huge old-style mansion too. Makes sense, I think, since there's more than enough hints that Hime's family is a samurai family.

The weird thing is though is the revelation that Shino's mom... is actually the younger sister of Hime's dad. Which makes her talk earlier about how it's not fair for Hime's family to be an "elite" family seem weird, as she's technically the third daughter of an old line.
That's what I got from the chapter too (didn't reread).

Hime dad is the older brother of Shino mom. The oldest lives with grandfather.

I wonder something was mess up in translation, because the way Shino mom act around the family, it confirms she too familar to be a in-law.

and at the ending panel, I love how Shino is a still cute kid, but she acts like a older sister and a role model to that other centuar child.
Old 2012-12-29, 23:50   Link #46
Kreceir

Himeno meeting a other Centaur from a certain manga.

NSFW
Its quite a hug
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-30, 01:45   Link #47
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i have to give kudos to this series, even when i personally find furries irking, i do find this very interesting, and the furry aspect helps that.
Old 2012-12-30, 05:41   Link #48
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Himeno meeting a other Centaur from a certain manga.

NSFW
Its quite a hug
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Both of these girls should be shy about posing naked next to each other, but damn, Hime looks happy here :>
Old 2013-01-27, 22:53   Link #49
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

6 chapters since our last conversation.... Some notables moments:
  • Kyouko and her slightly brocon nature... Poor brother through, i will die in embarrassment if my sister make me that kind of lunch
  • We know a bit about Que and the Antarctica, including how they drink coffee and eat ice-cream. That correctional offices seems to be quite a scary places through
  • Then we see a bit more about Maki and Shino. Don't know what happened to Maki's mom through? Those medicines, and she returns to work?
  • we need more Hime
Old 2013-02-03, 07:03   Link #50
JokerD

Just picked this up, I'm guessing the helper in ch 25 is a demon that got released in ch 8 (mirror/seal being broken) and the extra child playing in ch 12

Anyone notice Sue (the youngest child) seem to be a mixed breed? She has the ears and tail of a tail-person but the wings of an angel but not the halo (the ears are different from the triplets too)
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 07:24   Link #51
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Just picked this up, I'm guessing the helper in ch 25 is a demon that got released in ch 8 (mirror/seal being broken) and the extra child playing in ch 12

Anyone notice Sue (the youngest child) seem to be a mixed breed? She has the ears and tail of a tail-person but the wings of an angel but not the halo (the ears are different from the triplets too)
I think it is supposed to be cat ears. But yeah nice spotting there, i completely forgot about chapter 8 and 12 part

Not sure about you guys but i totally enjoyed this series right now. ANyone know how the popularity in Japan?
Old 2013-02-03, 11:50   Link #52
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Quote:

Yeah I'm assuming the class president (forgot her name) is mixed too and her triplet sisters. I guess the genes or something was more dominant..since they did show her father whose a cat thing.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 14:24   Link #53
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I think it is supposed to be cat ears. But yeah nice spotting there, i completely forgot about chapter 8 and 12 part

Not sure about you guys but i totally enjoyed this series right now. ANyone know how the popularity in Japan?
I am enjoying this series too, especially the cute kid parts like this chapter and preschool chapters. Want to know the popularity of this series too.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
Yeah I'm assuming the class president (forgot her name) is mixed too and her triplet sisters. I guess the genes or something was more dominant..since they did show her father whose a cat thing.
They haven't shown the mother of the kids yet and I'm assuming she dead. Maybe the class president had different parents and the mother remarried the cat father. The triplets had his dominate traits and Sue has both features and maybe because of his hybrid mix breeding, she has poor health.
Old 2013-02-03, 23:41   Link #54
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Kind of surprised that we got this chapter really.

So the focus is back on Manami's family, specifically here youngest sister Sue. Looks like the little one has a new hobby, though I'm not really sure that keeping her off a tight leash was a good idea on the Class Rep's part.

And we finally get a clue as to the identity of Sue's mysterious playmate the other chapter. It's one of those situations where all those after-chapter notes come in handy, right? (If you don't remember, the notes on God and the Devil) Note the comment "Well, it was my home to begin with."
Old 2013-02-17, 07:53   Link #55
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well what do you know?
The series got licensed by Sevens Seas.
Old 2013-03-16, 01:19   Link #56
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@ch27: Hime is really a yuri magnet

One line is enough for her to daze that kouhai into totally lovestruck. What's a lady killer

And Nozomi already got jealous with that date
Old 2013-03-30, 18:28   Link #57
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Well that goes against everything a high school manga stands for. We have a bath scene and instead of one of the teenagers the "old woman" is nude. Not that mom hasn't kept her figure after having two children and being married for ~18 or so years. Must be a centaur thing. Never seen a picture of a droopy one.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 19:18   Link #58
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Three new chapters! Well, technically a short lead-in to a chapter, a chapter that shows world-building, and finally something that leads back to Hime and her family (specifically a peeping tom).

The lead-in obviously highlights the still-latent racial tensions in Hime's world, when an older angel woman slaps her fanny and calls her an "animal". Two businessmen, an angel and a centaur, comment on how Japan seems to be so backward because of this....

Which segues into the next chapter, the historical part, where it's shown just how centaur equality came about in Europe. Surprise, it's because of Napoleon freeing the French centaur slaves, giving them equality in exchange for becoming his cavalry forces. Things kind of snowballed from there really.

The last chapter, is of course, focused squarely on Hime's family. If there's anything Hime got from her dad, it's apparently being a bookworm. Oh yes, the pervert... We get a change out of (care of Hime and her dad again), but you have to wonder about a pervert that can outrun two centaurs. And it turns out it's some sort of alien.... Uhm, yeah.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-03-30 at 19:57.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 01:45   Link #59
JokerD

I can't remember which chapter but wasn't there one which said that centars were treated as knights in Japan while the rest of the world used them as beast. That being the case wouldn't the old folk have more respect for them instead of treating them like animals? Or did I read something wrong?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 08:50   Link #60
EvilDevil

Quote:
I can't remember which chapter but wasn't there one which said that centars were treated as knights in Japan while the rest of the world used them as beast. That being the case wouldn't the old folk have more respect for them instead of treating them like animals? Or did I read something wrong?
They were a Samurai class, so they had a privilege position of power and wealth as warriors and land owners. I assume something changed once they had no use for them.
EvilDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate universe, fantasy, slice of life