AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-07-19, 11:52   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Howl no Ugoku Shiro / Howl's Moving Castle

I looked around, but didn't see what I was looking for, so if this has been talked about, I apologize. But what I was wondering is if anyone had any information on there being a new Ghibli film due out in mid 2005, or 2006. Reason I say both years is I've read it both ways, ie summer 2005 or summer 2006, but few specifics aside from that. I'm just kinda fishing to see if anyone else has any info on any new films that might be coming out soon from Ghibli studios. Thanks for the info.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 12:45   Link #2
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Maybe this is what you'r looking for: http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...&do.search.y=0

It will probably be released this year, I think.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 13:03   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I looked around, but didn't see what I was looking for, so if this has been talked about, I apologize. But what I was wondering is if anyone had any information on there being a new Ghibli film due out in mid 2005, or 2006. Reason I say both years is I've read it both ways, ie summer 2005 or summer 2006, but few specifics aside from that. I'm just kinda fishing to see if anyone else has any info on any new films that might be coming out soon from Ghibli studios. Thanks for the info.
Official website: http://www.howl-movie.com/
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 13:59   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ah, so what I had heard WAS true. Too bad they didn't provide more info with their rumors. Thanks for the info guys. (*bookmarks this for future watching.*)
Old 2004-07-19, 15:52   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Interestingly enough, the movie is already licensed under the Disney-Tokuma Deal. Shouldn't take too long to hit theatres in North America.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 16:29   Link #6
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Interestingly enough, the movie is already licensed under the Disney-Tokuma Deal. Shouldn't take too long to hit theatres in North America.
Oh excellent! I haven't been able to find that information confirming it. By the way, if anyone wants to get a jump on the story, I suggest reading Howl's Moving Castle the book, by Diana Wynn Jones. There is also a sequel. I can't remember the title....

Its a great book, and Jones' other novels are great children's fantasy books too.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 19:59   Link #7
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

The interesting thing about the Disney-Tokuma Deal is that aside from certain previous movies, Disney also owns the North American rights to all future movies.

Even more interesting is the fact that shortly after securing the deal, Disney fired half of it's in house animators...
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 22:10   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. Why does that not surprise me? Given the fact that the quality of Disney animated releases has gone down in the past 10 years or so, that's understandable.
Old 2004-07-20, 22:05   Link #9
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Hmmm... Looks interesting. Given that I've never not liked a Ghilbi release and that Mononoke Hime is my all-time favorite, I will be eagerly awaiting its release here in the states (since Disney is pretty much the only company I can trust to make good dubs)...
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 23:19   Link #10
arias

I agree that Ghibli's works rate very highly, at least in my mind. Mononoke is the Ghibli movie I watch the most, since I own the DVD, I've watched it about.. 7 times or so. I'm wanting to own Spirited Away, but right now it's 40 CAD. Definitely abit too high priced.

Pretty amazing how Ghibli's Howl's Moving Castle will be released Fall 2004, along with Macross Zero final episode and other potentially great series like the new Oh! My Goddess series. God. Looks like the end of 2004 will be very promising
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 18:06   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yup, yup. This fall/winter season is gonna rock! Did you see my post in the General Anime forum about all the new series coming up that are going to rock? There's even talk of a second Bottle Fairy season. Now THAT's something to look forward to.
Old 2004-07-21, 20:37   Link #12
Korialstrasz
Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I'm wanting to own Spirited Away, but right now it's 40 CAD. Definitely abit too high priced.
40 dollars?!? Where did you see that price? I bought it when it first came out on DVD for $25 Canadian. I also saw a previously viewed copy at the local BlockBuster for $15.

Try looking around a bit and I'm sure you will find a decent price for it.
Korialstrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 23:20   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. Kinda sounds like the royal ganking most people get around here on anime dvd's. Hence why I tend to scavanger hunt online for dvd's to buy at good prices.

You buy around here and you'll probubly end up paying anywhere from 3-5 times what you should.
Old 2004-07-22, 00:47   Link #14
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Try looking on ebay, they always have great prices for DVDs
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 02:15   Link #15
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Try looking on ebay, they always have great prices for DVDs
I don't recommend Ebay due to the number of pirated DVDs. Sometimes, the covers of these pirated DVDs are exactly the same of the original one. Some sellers even dare to put "original DVD" term although they sell the fakes one.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 02:31   Link #16
FriedBunny
Ayeeeee!

It might be too much to wish for, but I'd love to see a subtitled domestic North American release of this that (closely) coincides with the Japanese opening. Knowing Disney and their heel-dragging in regards to Ghibli's other films though, I'm afraid I am simply dreaming.

As for when it comes out on Region-1 DVD, Netflix is where I would turn to.
FriedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 10:14   Link #17
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Being interested in where and when and how much this movie would be released into the theaters around the US, I was kind of disappointed at what I found. It appears that this Ghibli film will have the same limited release around the US just like the previous 3 have. This means that I'm stuck with having to drive 160 miles to a theater that actually has this movie instead of being able to watch it locally. Gah, this sucks. They're only planning on releasing it to like 1200 theaters nationwide AT MOST. WTF is wrong with this picture???

Dude, "I, Robot" got a theater release number in the 10's of thousands. Gah, this sucks.
Old 2004-07-22, 10:59   Link #18
Edgewalker
Nani ?

ownage - any ideas on exact release date ?
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 12:44   Link #19
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I checked the movie boards again and no release date yet. The only thing that's been announced is that it's going to be a limited release like the other ghibli films before it and it's being released by disney and I was lucky to find that. Info on this film in the states so far is very scarce.
Old 2004-08-06, 13:28   Link #20
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
The release date is rumored Novermber 20th 2004

The sequal to the book is: Castle in the Air
Maybe this is how they found out about Dianna's books because of the similar title. I'm a HUGE fan of Dianna's books they are so GREAT better than a certain POTHEAD. I can't wait to see the crazy scarecrow >.<
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ghibli