AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-22, 23:48   Link #2041
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
I have yet to experiance heart break...
I wish you luck, too. It teaches you a lot, but it hurts like hell.
Old 2009-10-22, 23:51   Link #2042
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Yup, that's the one!

I have yet to experiance heart break...
You're still young, it'll happen sooner or later
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 00:00   Link #2043
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I would like even the chance to experience love or heartbreak.

It's hard to feel either the positive or the negative when it is difficult to find people interested in you.
Old 2009-10-23, 00:36   Link #2044
Cinocard

Yup, even if its negative emotion, sometime just feel something is a whole lot better than a serene life of feeling nothing (which is why I can't understand monks).
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 02:43   Link #2045
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Hello Again.. Diff sort of Q This Time.

Okayy so I REALLY fancy this guy.. but he is so touchy with other girls. I am unsure if I should go for it or not. He is sweet and good looking but meh.. I dont know. He said he'd get with me but I dont know.
Observe the person.

Don't make any decisions of anything until observing a human completely.

Some humans are often deceitful, so acting without observing is never a good idea.

Cute =/= trust worthy (Observe)
Old 2009-10-23, 03:15   Link #2046
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
James Bond was totally not classy. He always came off as a womanizer to me. Maybe it was his cockiness that did it.
That was sarcasm from me =D I don't remember if it was here or not that I complained about James Bond, but yes, he's a womanizer who imo plays with the girls' feelings, but the girls are not that better. I dislike how the girls seem so easy in those stories.

Never really got the feeling of a real romance situation in the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Never....!!!

....is what I'd like to say, but who knows how a first heartbreak would change my outlook on relationships, if it ever comes.
[serious mode]

Mmmmh, I believe in something. Either I reach success or failure, either people are mean with me or not, even if somebody ever successes to stab me in the back ; I'll not change my principles and morals.

To fall to the jerks' level for one of the reasons exposed above seems showing how much a person is "weak" to me (sorry if some people feel insulted by what i say). Life is not a fairy tale, being a good person doesn't mean that you'll have a great life. If your values can change so easily when things don't go the way you want, then wonder if you ever had any trust in them.

[/seriousmode]

Beside that you're a kiss-stealer who's obsessed in pointing logical fallacies to people, you seem to be a nice guy. That would be a shame if you change that nice part of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You're still young, it'll happen sooner or later
False. A few people never experience that. They are the lucky ones
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 03:26   Link #2047
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That was sarcasm from me =D I don't remember if it was here or not that I complained about James Bond, but yes, he's a womanizer who imo plays with the girls' feelings, but the girls are not that better. I dislike how the girls seem so easy in those stories.

Never really got the feeling of a real romance situation in the movies.
Iibh, there are some movies were Bond doesn't really try to be a womanizer, like "Living Daylights" with Timothy Dalton. I think the one who gave the worst Bond impression was Roger Moore. I never liked him.....at all.....for the reasons you stated.

Quote:
False. A few people never experience that. They are the lucky ones
Chances of that are pretty low. Like you said, they're the lucky ones. People who never have heartbreaks are one person in 50, and I'm being optimistic here too.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 03:56   Link #2048
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Iibh, there are some movies were Bond doesn't really try to be a womanizer, like "Living Daylights" with Timothy Dalton. I think the one who gave the worst Bond impression was Roger Moore. I never liked him.....at all.....for the reasons you stated.
Well, I only "like" the ones with Sean Connery, or Pierce Brosnan (but I prefer Sean))

Quote:
Chances of that are pretty low. Like you said, they're the lucky ones. People who never have heartbreaks are one person in 50, and I'm being optimistic here too.
I never said that there are a lot of people who find the right person right with their first GF/BF, I just said that it exists, and that even if a LOT of people don't have that chance, they can't disregard that (that makes only sound them bitter about what they failed)
Old 2009-10-23, 04:04   Link #2049
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Well, I only "like" the ones with Sean Connery, or Pierce Brosnan (but I prefer Sean))
Brosnan was only good on Goldeneye (Xenia ). After that, he was a douche. Sean is a given though, I won't comment on him. Dalton's the best one imho tho.

Quote:
I never said that there are a lot of people who find the right person right with their first GF/BF, I just said that it exists, and that even if a LOT of people don't have that chance, they can't disregard that (that makes only sound them bitter about what they failed)
I wouldn't really see it as a failure. To me, it's more like a chance to grow and learn more about how to handle a relationship. Any good relationship is hard to break out of but you always gain something from it just as much as you lose something. I was speaking about this to an old friend last night actually. With my ex, for instance, it was really hard to break out of but I also realized through her some of my own previous mistakes and learned more about what makes for a healthier relationship, that being one of trust but also one where both sides can think things through on their own. I'm not saying this specifically should happen every time, but it's just an example of how one can learn from past heartbreaks and know how to deal with future relationships better.
Old 2009-10-23, 04:12   Link #2050
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Brosnan was only good on Goldeneye (Xenia ). After that, he was a douche. Sean is a given though, I won't comment on him. Dalton's the best one imho tho.
No NO, Sean was the best

We should start a thread/poll about that

Quote:
I wouldn't really see it as a failure. To me, it's more like a chance to grow and learn more about how to handle a relationship. Any good relationship is hard to break out of but you always gain something from it just as much as you lose something. I was speaking about this to an old friend last night actually. With my ex, for instance, it was really hard to break out of but I also realized through her some of my own previous mistakes and learned more about what makes for a healthier relationship, that being one of trust but also one where both sides can think things through on their own. I'm not saying this specifically should happen every time, but it's just an example of how one can learn from past heartbreaks and know how to deal with future relationships better.
Sorry, I didn't express myself well. I just point that some people sound bitter about it, and claim things as if people who don't experience that do not exist. I met many people who sound like that, and it's quite clear to me that they consider that as a failure and are bitter about it, and so generalize.

As I said ealier in this thread, people should cheer up for the people, and only comfort them when necessary.

Ascaloth's relationship is still on the right track, I would dislike to see people saying to him "but just wait till it fails". Sorry I dislike that mentality whether it's serious or not. It's ok to say to them to be careful though. That they have to work hard to make it lasts (what Ledgem usually does in this thread)
Old 2009-10-23, 04:20   Link #2051
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
No NO, Sean was the best

We should start a thread/poll about that
[voice=Michael Jackson]DO IT, just DO IT[/voice]

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't express myself well. I just point that some people sound bitter about it, and claim things as if people who don't experience that do not exist. I met many people who sound like that, and it's quite clear to me that they consider that as a failure and are bitter about it, and so generalize while saying some stupidities.

As I said ealier in this thread, people should cheer up for the people, and only comfort them when necessary.

Ascaloth's relationship is still on the right track, I would dislike to see people saying to him "but just wait till it fails". Sorry I dislike that mentality whether it's serious or not. It's ok to say to them to be careful though. That they have to work hard to make it lasts (what Ledgem usually does in this thread)
I like how some people often interpret the meaning of the sentence "everything that has a beginning has an end" neccessarily means that the person has to experience the end.[/sarcasm] In the case of some relationships, an end to said relationship can be death, which would be a good thing if it does happen.

I'm the optimistic person who strongly believes I'll run into the right person eventually. Truth be told, I thought my ex was the one, but cultural differences were too much for both of us to handle, what with her being an Indian muslim.

And you're right, Ascaloth's looking good so far. Ascaloth, he the man
Old 2009-10-23, 08:02   Link #2052
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
[serious mode]

Mmmmh, I believe in something. Either I reach success or failure, either people are mean with me or not, even if somebody ever successes to stab me in the back ; I'll not change my principles and morals.

To fall to the jerks' level for one of the reasons exposed above seems showing how much a person is "weak" to me (sorry if some people feel insulted by what i say). Life is not a fairy tale, being a good person doesn't mean that you'll have a great life. If your values can change so easily when things don't go the way you want, then wonder if you ever had any trust in them.

[/seriousmode]
Je suis châtié, madame.

Quote:
Beside that you're a kiss-stealer who's obsessed in pointing logical fallacies to people, you seem to be a nice guy. That would be a shame if you change that nice part of you
....to be honest, I'm never too inclined to give other people the impression that I'm a nice guy. I find that I tend to get away with a lot of stuff if I don't give people reason to have too high an expectation of me. I guess I've yet to completely master the technique of tempering other people's expectations, though.

Besides, I think you'd be shocked if you learned just how much of a saint I'm not. The girl knows that well enough from first hand experience.

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I only "like" the ones with Sean Connery, or Pierce Brosnan (but I prefer Sean)
Hmmm, I'm under the impression that Daniel Craig's Bond is a pretty respectable interpretation too, particularly because of the not-a-womanizer factor? I have yet to see Quantum of Solace though.

Quote:
Quote:
And you're right, Ascaloth's looking good so far. Ascaloth, he the man
....haha, thanks.

That said, update on my situation:

Tonight, we met up for a bit and talked about nothing in particular, but when I suggested staying with her "just a bit longer", she told me "I need to study, you need to go home and work on your project too." This has happened a couple of times already over the past two weeks.

.....I love this girl. She's good for an easily-distracted twerp like me.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 12:48   Link #2053
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Sir James Bond is completely respectable. Is the king of kings.

First off, Moore is the worse. Craig has the best body, Brosnan had the best natural charm but got stuck with terrible scripts, and Connery is Bond. Dalton was pretty damn good also, but got royally screwed over with the lawsuit for licensing. Laznerby was just an ugly fool!

I'm completely partial to Brosnan who I thought was the most attractive bond also. DAD made me cry though with that beer belly. He was either out of shape, who was just unlucky to age quicky. Dalton and Connery were pretty attractive too. Moore and Craig...Not so much. But Craig has the best body by far. But he had that right amount of charm too him that felt right. Too bad he also got stuck with terrible scripts.
Connery had all the best movies too, Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, and You only live twice.

And nothing wrong with him being a womanizer. If you're that damn good, it's best to spread out the love anyways. I'd wouldn't mind being on the receiving end

Respect for bond is normally tied to how good the movies are also. Not the quality of the player. For instance, Brosnan has been pretty impressive outside of non bond rolls: Sepharm Fall, Matador(One of the best movies of 2005), Thomas Crown Affair and Tailor of Panama. With the last one being that he played a character similar to bond and it was quite good. Far better than his last 3 bond films. I still think Sean Bean stole Goldeneye since...well....It's ****ing Bean!

Dalton and Moore never had too much of a career outside of Bond. Both seem to love it though. Moore still attaches himself onto Bond while Dalton loves the fact he didn't become like Brosnan,Moore, and Connery where is image is now forever Bond.

And finally we get to Craig who seems to have the opposite problem. Since he took up Bond, He's been in some of the worst movies as of late. Prior to Bond: Munich, Road to Perdition, and Layer Cake. After....Invasion, Golden Compass, and some other crap.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:08   Link #2054
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

You know I think you should open another thread to discuss about this important question "Who is the best Bond" (even if we know that's Sean )
Old 2009-10-23, 13:09   Link #2055
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
You know I think you should open another thread to discuss about this important question "Who is the best Bond" (even if we know that's Sean )
It would be interesting to see what kind of responses you'd get if you made that thread.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:22   Link #2056
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
It would be interesting to see what kind of responses you'd get if you made that thread.
It's done :

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87670

Old 2009-10-24, 19:24   Link #2057
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I wonder if James Bond ever needed dating advice...
Old 2009-10-26, 21:02   Link #2058
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

*two thumbs up*

So I got that girl that I like, and who likes me.

All seems to be going well right now for me again :P
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 14:05   Link #2059
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitpersonality View Post
*two thumbs up*

So I got that girl that I like, and who likes me.

All seems to be going well right now for me again :P
Good for you. Hope everything works out well. ^^
Old 2009-10-27, 22:36   Link #2060
Maki Casanova

Hmm.. You guys are a pretty interesting bunch, although I'm not that interested about James Bond. Now that you guys mention it, the "Womanizer" song kinda suits him... If he cat walks around and 'round holding a rose between his teeth and acting all... flamboyant. Haha. xD

Anyways, I myself have a... love problem. I'm a girl, you see, and I've started to massively crush on these two girls in my classes (all in all, I actually have four, but I don't feel as strongly as with the other two, and yes, I am lesbian). I find of them really attractive (yes, I shamefully admit I am shallow), but I'm tongue-tied in my efforts to strike up a conversation. I'm a shy type when it comes to things like these, V_V and my conversational skills are pathetic, sadly.

I'd like to know if you guys have any advice for me; that is, if you don't mind my orientation.
I don't expect really, really good advice, but maybe an encouraging word or two may help.

~Maki, The Child of Darkness
Maki Casanova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom