AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 17:52   Link #1081
Pen3

Quote:
Only Legendary I want is The Juggernaut which I won't work my ass off trying to get but take it in my stride as I play.
It's the precursor that will be the hard part.
Yeah you should have done what i did and buy them Halloween skins when they were still only 8-10 gold each. It was a gamble but i kind of knew they would fetch lots of gold later.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 00:10   Link #1082
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Derp, finished Iron Marches to get cotton scraps, and basic transmutation stones. Honestly, the later is so worthless I wonder why it's even in the game.

And the daily just gave me 3 more. Very funny, bitches.

Having 80 inventory slots is really cool though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-02-12 at 00:56.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 07:20   Link #1083
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Derp, finished Iron Marches to get cotton scraps, and basic transmutation stones. Honestly, the later is so worthless I wonder why it's even in the game.

And the daily just gave me 3 more. Very funny, bitches.

Having 80 inventory slots is really cool though.
Oh I agree with you on this, basic stones are really kinda pointless as unless your super slow at lvling and want "the look" all the time you may have use for them but as I found as I lvled I didn't really care that much.
It's when you get lvl80 and can finally start work on getting "the look" is what mattered to me.
But getting fine stones is a real pita and damn expensive.
Now if I could promote the stones through the forge then that would be nice.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:25   Link #1084
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

What are your most liked/disliked areas in the game?

I like Straits of Devastation the most out of Orr. The events are easy to chain and it feels more like an invasion ending in a serious fight against a risen priest. Cursed Shore and Malchor's leap just are herp derp run back and forth and fight 543534534543 risen.

I also like Bloodtide coast a lot, just for the scenery and variety. Yes, even the water. Most zones in Kryta are good.

Boo to Hoelbrak, except maybe Lornar's Pass, they just come in masses of size and annoyances, ridiculously long vista climbs, with some of the most annoying enemies in the dredge. Obscene respawn rates. I should punch whoever thought those Dredge sounds would be fun to listen to for the 1000th time. It's just stupid.

Malchor's Leap is the opposite of Straits of Devastation. It's just so barren, the events are all the same, and the enemies are so annoying. Any DE with enemy trebuchets blows... and they sure love them. Whoever did the ORR underwater parts and put skill pts/events there probably hates humanity. No wonder Malchor killed himself. While Cursed Shore is sorta like that too, those events are at least more plentiful.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-02-14, 16:41   Link #1085
Cryonosis
~Desu

I love the main quest chain in northern Harathi Hinterlands. Used to do it two to three times a day back when it was popular, rarely ever see the event chain even triggered nowadays though.
Cryonosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 17:39   Link #1086
Xion Valkyrie

I think the core systems of the game are very well done, but the implementation is somewhat lacking due to 'Not enough time' syndrome that permeates through everything in this game.

DE's are the most disappointing. I think the system is set up so that the potential is amazing, but they don't have the time to go in and create the more complicated DE's that they initially envisioned. I'm hoping with the next expansion they really go all out on DE's and 'living world' for the PvE side.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 17:47   Link #1087
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

Malchor's Leap is the opposite of Straits of Devastation. It's just so barren, the events are all the same, and the enemies are so annoying. Any DE with enemy trebuchets blows... and they sure love them. Whoever did the ORR underwater parts and put skill pts/events there probably hates humanity. No wonder Malchor killed himself. While Cursed Shore is sorta like that too, those events are at least more plentiful.
Do those trebuchets still continue to stay spawned when the Pact is in control of that temple? Back several months ago when I was still playing I had a hell of a time trying to check the exotic karma gear that vendor was selling because I had a red circle underneath me at all times and if I stopped for even a couple seconds I was sent flying. That always seemed like a fairly large oversight to me.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 22:54   Link #1088
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm considering.. Considering to give Guild Wars 2 another run, but mostly wanting to wait for possible future expansions. Probably to see if the guilds on Maguuma still do the trolling 11-12 Alpha Golem rush.
Old 2013-02-16, 02:16   Link #1089
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Do those trebuchets still continue to stay spawned when the Pact is in control of that temple? Back several months ago when I was still playing I had a hell of a time trying to check the exotic karma gear that vendor was selling because I had a red circle underneath me at all times and if I stopped for even a couple seconds I was sent flying. That always seemed like a fairly large oversight to me.
They shouldn't. I hope.

Anyhow, I decided to quit chef because some of the materials like butter and chocolate were just getting too hard to find. The whole thing is too costly and while it was a great way to level to 80, I'm just going to abandon it in favor of something more relevant. But hey, my inventory and bank are quite clean (and empty). For better or for worse...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-02-18, 02:05   Link #1090
FateAnomaly

Chef isn't that hard or expensive. In fact it might actually be cheaper than the other crafts considering you don't need to buy the fine mats. It certainly is different from the orderly way the other crafts but there is guides for it. Choose the foods that have readily available mats. Quite a few can be bought with karma. Butter like you said is unfortunately unavoidable but you probably only need 2 stacks at the most. Chocolate you don't really need too much. I didn't have much of it when i did my chef either so i made other stuff instead.

1 more thing which may be obvious but i will say it anyway. Train your craft on wvw reset night since its when your server has the highest bonus to get bonus craft exp.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:08   Link #1091
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
What are your most liked/disliked areas in the game?
Like:
The way they set up their quests/events and how it's a huge open world where friends and strangers play together to do things. I love also how event bosses get harder and harder the more people join on in. There are plenty more reasons why I like the game but that's what stands out most to me.

Dislike:
The one thing that bugs me the most is the gear. I'm a typical MMO player that plays hardcore and runs dungeons nonstop for "elite" gear. What I mean by elite-type gear, I mean gear that is significantly better than other gear where you can notice an increase in damage output, defense, aoe, etc. I know that GW2 tries to maintain a "balance" among professions, playstyles, and gear so that they could cater to all types of gamers; however, I think they really didn't cater to gamers of my playstyle. Yes, there are legendaries, but as you (Archon_Wing) has said, you don't really notice a significant increase in anything with it. It's merely an achievement or trophy to show others that "hey, I got a shiny sword," but that's really all there is too it.

Simply put, I stopped playing ever since I got the Citadel of Flame armor set for my warrior and I saw no reason to run any other dungeons for gear that had the same stats (depending on what type of "stats" you were looking for) except a different skin (I had set my mind to get CoF set because it looks awesome xD). Legendaries didn't seem like worth getting due to the reasons stated above.

But of course, by all means this game was and is still freaking awesome in so many areas.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 11:26   Link #1092
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Dislike:
The one thing that bugs me the most is the gear. I'm a typical MMO player that plays hardcore and runs dungeons nonstop for "elite" gear. What I mean by elite-type gear, I mean gear that is significantly better than other gear where you can notice an increase in damage output, defense, aoe, etc. I know that GW2 tries to maintain a "balance" among professions, playstyles, and gear so that they could cater to all types of gamers; however, I think they really didn't cater to gamers of my playstyle. Yes, there are legendaries, but as you (Archon_Wing) has said, you don't really notice a significant increase in anything with it. It's merely an achievement or trophy to show others that "hey, I got a shiny sword," but that's really all there is too it.

Simply put, I stopped playing ever since I got the Citadel of Flame armor set for my warrior and I saw no reason to run any other dungeons for gear that had the same stats (depending on what type of "stats" you were looking for) except a different skin (I had set my mind to get CoF set because it looks awesome xD). Legendaries didn't seem like worth getting due to the reasons stated above.

But of course, by all means this game was and is still freaking awesome in so many areas.
I can understand that "elite" gear mindset I had it and guess to a extent still have abit of it and I could also say that I agree that GW2 doesn't really cater to that style of gamers.
GW was more about a players skill than equipment they wore and I've seen alot of players make that mistake about the game.
I recall seeing players comment on top end gear in GW1 and saying the best stuff never gave them a edge over other players and then obviously you'd get the players that knew what the game was about would tell them otherwise.
Worst was when players then made comments that the game should cater to all needs was just worth a faceplam cause thats just daft really.

I do however think that Legendaries should offer more bang for their buck, fact it's only a skin your getting which imo most aren't that great(I only like the hammer) it's not really worth getting one if only for the achievement.
Old 2013-02-18, 17:26   Link #1093
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Legendaries are a terrible deal at face value, however, legendaries are and will always be BiS. Which means whenever a new weapon tier is implemented, all legendaries both new and old will be upgraded to be as strong as that new tier. So essentially with a legendary you never have to worry about upgrading your weapon again.

And GW II is very much a skill based game, unlike virtually every other MMO that determines whether you're hit or not on a dice roll and what kind of OP armor you're wearing. GW II is all about evading your enemies attacks while looking cool in the best armor skin you can find. It's an action RPG where running naked doesn't mean you're a defenseless insect to be crushed at any moment. Also GW II is new, there will most definitely be new armor and weapon tiers, but that doesn't mean your armor will let you face tank any dungeon solo. I can see why this wouldn't be for everyone, but a lot is sacrificed from a game that encourages you to find the armor with the best stats so that you can afk in the middle of a mob of enemies and take virtually no damage.

Last edited by Demi.; 2013-02-18 at 20:08.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 23:05   Link #1094
FateAnomaly

With the introduction of ascended gear , anet is showing signs of bowing to pressure to make gw2 with more gear progression. It is not in line with what they initially said but it is after all a business. Gear plateau and no introduction of new skills is not holding up well. Since it is troublesome to make and balance new skills, they choose to introduce gear progression to attract more people.

The difference is not really significant yet but like some mob like to say, "more will come".
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 22:19   Link #1095
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

After months of inactivity and browsing this thread, I've decided to return with a new character, but this time trying to play the RP style. My main character I just skipped through all the cut scenes and just played the game like any regular MMO (level up and get gear).

I'm contemplating between a Charr or Human Elementalist or Rogue. Anyone have any experience with Elementalists? I remember reading awhile back that their DPS and over profession is quite underpowered, especially the water element (healing).

Old 2013-02-20, 01:26   Link #1096
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Elementalists are by far and wide the hardest profession to master. I don't think they're under powered, but there is definitely a hierarchy when it comes to pvp.

...Thieves (closely followed by mesmers and guardians) are probably the best pvp race, but they're not the greatest when it comes to pvp...Which is why I leveled a warrior for pve(they're terrible at pvp), and will be using a thief for pvp/wvw.
Old 2013-02-20, 01:56   Link #1097
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
With the introduction of ascended gear , anet is showing signs of bowing to pressure to make gw2 with more gear progression. It is not in line with what they initially said but it is after all a business. Gear plateau and no introduction of new skills is not holding up well. Since it is troublesome to make and balance new skills, they choose to introduce gear progression to attract more people.

The difference is not really significant yet but like some mob like to say, "more will come".
Well, I hope you'll be able to craft ascended gear then. It's not cool to level a trade to 400 all for naught.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-02-20, 15:04   Link #1098
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I ended up going Elementalist since I expect to PvE more often than PvP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Elementalists are by far and wide the hardest profession to master. I don't think they're under powered, but there is definitely a hierarchy when it comes to pvp.
Definitely. It's quite a challenge to memorize what skill is in each hotkey for each element when constantly changing through each of the 4 elements while fighting. Going to be an even greater challenge when I hit 40+ and start doing dungeons as I hear Elementalists aren't too effect until they have at least 40 traits.

Lightning is by far my most favorite element because of the skill animations, particularly Scepter/Dagger (Ride the Lightning is bad@$$). Earth is 2nd to that.

Old 2013-02-20, 15:33   Link #1099
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I am a wellmancer that uses power to boost the damage of said wells.

I have a Superior sigil of force (5% damage) in main hand and a major bloodlust sigil on the offhand. Wonder if I should replace the later with a Superior Bloodlust Sigil or a Sigil of Accuracy (crit %). Bloodlust obviously gives the biggest damage with 25 stacks of power but that would be pretty unreliable in difficult battles that actually matter, say instances where I can't build up charges fast or just me getting downed and losing them all. They also disappear if I go into another area. The later is also much cheaper to get, lol.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-02-20, 15:40   Link #1100
Xion Valkyrie

Force isn't that great and the stacking sigils are kind of useless in hard instances. If you're using dagger/dagger or scepter/dagger, use 2 of the following 3:
Fire, Battle, Energy. Fire gives far higher DPS than Force does, Battle and Energy both work on attunement swap, so that's a lot of extra might stacks or endurance.

Edit: Oh, didn't realize you were a necro. Then ignore my recommendations. Although Fire is still good if you have high crit.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote