AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 12:17   Link #61
bakaouji

Beautiful first episode. I really love the soft color palette used in the show which gives everything a delicate touch. I like how the all the characters have stray strands of hair sticking out as if they just took a trip in a convertible. Oddly enough, they don't appear unkempt-- just one of the few quirky adorable aesthetics that subtly stand out.

And of course the characters are instantly likeable especially since they're so easy on the eyes. Fujimiya is aloof and cautious not by nature but by necessity. Her cold attitude belies a tortured soul that's yearning to make a connection outside her family. But her sickness acts like force field that prevents her from making friends and instead only threatens to multiply enemies if she ever endeavored to step outside. That didn't discourage Hase, though, who despite learning of her sickness didn't back down and remained persistent enough to befriend no matter how many times her memory reset.

There's only one thing I don't understand, though. Why doesn't she keep notes of what transpired throughout the week? It doesn't solve the problem but she could at least keep track of everything that's happened.

Anyway, this show's easily in my top three. Can't wait to see where these two go next.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 12:23   Link #62
Dop
Mmmm....

OMG YES. This is right up my street and ringing my doorbell.
Excellent first episode.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 13:35   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Excellent first episode.
Lol. Beautifully put. Me, too.

I liked Amamiya Sora's voice as Fujimiya-san, and I loved it singing the ED. Some real musicality there. Can't say I was so thrilled with some of the male lead's scenes, but I did end up liking him.

The idea that you can forget people you meet, but not the work you do in class, or your family, is a bit of stretch. But it easily slides under the bar of "willing suspension of disbelief," for me.

Fujimiya is a beautiful example of a classic moe type: someone injured whom you automatically feel like helping and protecting. But when she became enthused over the crepe shop, she emerged from her hurt to a bright naturalness. Very nice.

I liked the look, and I really liked how the director used silences.

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with images of the characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. For seiyuu work, I think Hosoya Yoshimasa took the prize with his solid work as the friend.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 14:15   Link #64
ookamigirl

The art reminds me of Kimi to Boku.
Story is relaxing and kinda sweet.
Very different from the other anime this season.
Guess it's an acquired taste anime.
I'll be skipping it in search of something more exhilarating.
Enjoy ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 15:10   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was wonderful. ef: a tale of memories is one of my favorite anime of all time, so I knew I would love Isshukan friends which had a similar premise so long as it was well executed. And it was. The premise is more unrealistic than I thought (I was under the impression she forgot everything like Chihiro in ef, but her amnesia is apparently extremely selective) but it makes for a very sweet story so I have no problem suspending my disbelief. When something is this good, I don't care all that much about realism.

I instantly fell in love with Fujimiya and her voice actress. Her voice reminds me of Mai Nakahara's, who, amusingly, is voicing her mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
There's only one thing I don't understand, though. Why doesn't she keep notes of what transpired throughout the week? It doesn't solve the problem but she could at least keep track of everything that's happened.
This is only a guess, but she probably used to do that and found out that reading about all these happy events she will never remember only hurt her. It's easier to just forget everything.
Old 2014-04-06, 15:38   Link #66
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

Adorable first episode, as expected. Hase treats her so well, god I love that guy.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-04-06 at 15:53. Reason: hinting
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 16:11   Link #67
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm... That was kind of a surprise for me. I agree with others' words of praise for the series - it is quite well done, but I can't help but feel as if I was just hurled part way into the narrative. In other words, I wanted a slow steady build up to the crux of the story, and the curious part is that is how I remember the pace both into the story and leading up to where we are now.

Well done nonetheless. But not a guns ablaze rawr out of the gate start as I was hoping for. If the rest of the series keeps that slow paced, endearing, gentle and painful delicate pace the second half of the first ep set then I will be more than a happy puppy - I will be a hyper happy one. ^^
Old 2014-04-06, 18:00   Link #68
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Excellent first episode.
After watching the episode I was trying to figure out some poetic line to come up with to describe how great this show is. No need, since this one says it all and I agree wholeheartedly!

Loved the show, the setting, the visuals, the sounds, the characters. Definitely taking one the rare spots on my "must watch weekly" series that seems harder and harder to fill these days.

Agreed with bakaouji on the characters, and I'd like to add in props to The Bro as well. Every good MC needs an even better wing man.
Old 2014-04-06, 19:16   Link #69
whitecloud

my 50 first date....anime version....i just hope it end the same.....
Old 2014-04-06, 20:25   Link #70
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
All I can say is, this becomes a plot point later.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 20:38   Link #71
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Perfectly captured manga feels.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 21:16   Link #72
MCAL

Without a doubt, this was the non-sequel anime of the season I was looking forward to the most and it did not disappoint. Brains Base is finally back to bringing their A-game. Overall, it was quite cute, and in a good way, not in the insufferable way. I took an instant liking to the best friend Shougo too.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 21:23   Link #73
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

The episode planted a seed in my heart, one of sadness waiting to grow as the episodes go by...
While the amnesia premise it's a little flimsy (why in the world would she just forget the good thing? What kind of divine punishment is that?) I was able to easily overlook it because there's just something to the caracthers that got me to care about them in the span of the 20 minutes or so the episode clocks in, and I'm waiting anxiously for more...
P.S: It's a disservice to even mention Adam Sandler in the same sentence as this anime.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 22:55   Link #74
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is it the wind and the summer heat, or are my eyes already starting to itch upon the reveal of the premise at the end of the episode?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 23:33   Link #75
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

This seems like a good start and it's monday today too! The only complain is that I wish the title wasn't so blatant in giving off its premise
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 23:46   Link #76
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just re-watched and listened to the OP and ED and was kinda surprised at how well they fit. Especially the ED.

The use of the combo of... umm... perky and "simple" music styles reminds me of my initial reactions to the OP and ED of Usagi Drop, as does the art style.

All in all, a re-watch has shown it to be a bit better than I initially posted, I think. Kinda like a B+ grade level up from a B. ^^
Old 2014-04-06, 23:53   Link #77
TheSpoilerAlert

Well this is going to be the feels anime of Spring 2014 lol I enjoyed it! Can't wait to see more

Follow us on Twitter: @AnimeSAP
TheSpoilerAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:22   Link #78
Enternal

Wow this one has almost the same exact premise as Seishun Forget (a manga that I highly recommend). The difference are the characters and how they interact.

Anyway, after watching the 1st episode, this is definitely a keeper. So cute!!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:49   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Totally digging the girl's hairstyle, but that might just be my Chieri inner fan speaking.

Not gonna lie, but it wasn't as tear jerky as I had it hoped to be. That's not to say it's bad, but I think I had set my expectations a wee bit high for this one.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 08:21   Link #80
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok watched the first episode and... I'm not sure my heart can take this. I'll keep watching obviously but I see some sobbing in my future (or close to it at least)

Haze seems like a great character. At first I was afraid that he may be a bit too much of a "baka" but he redeemed himself on the second half of the episode and Amamiya Sora did such an amazing job as Fujimiya.