AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2019-03-21, 13:39   Link #1
LG-MAX 2.o

Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown

A new “Goblin Slayer” episode, titled Goblin’s Crown, will be screened in Japanese theaters.

http://moetron.net/post/183611751060...titled-goblins
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 07:09   Link #2
LG-MAX 2.o

PV 1

Old 2019-03-23, 09:41   Link #3
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oh? Are they gonna make a full movie out of the whole Volume 5 then?
Old 2019-03-23, 12:29   Link #4
Twi

Seems like it.
Old 2019-05-26, 14:19   Link #5
LG-MAX 2.o

NEW PV

Old 2019-05-27, 05:12   Link #6
Random14

Too bad its not until 2020, but I'm still looking forward to it of course. That and I hope it'll be streamed soon after, since it sounds like more of a special episode than a movie.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-09, 11:05   Link #7
LG-MAX 2.o

New PV

Old 2019-09-09, 23:56   Link #8
Random14

I love the trailer and the really hammy English (Engrish?) narration. Feels like one of those nostalgic '80s animes. Considering Goblin Slayer's influence from old RPGs, nice touch. So it'll be in theaters in February, I hope it'll be streaming a while after that.
Old 2019-10-19, 16:30   Link #9
LG-MAX 2.o

New Visual

Old 2020-01-17, 10:24   Link #10
LG-MAX 2.o

New trailer
Old 2020-01-18, 21:18   Link #11
Twi

I hope it does well. I want more GS in the future.
Old 2020-03-05, 20:47   Link #12
Hata
時の異邦人

The movie had been showing in my local theatre. I have not seen it but many reviews are out, and it was universally panned by both the novel/manga and anime only crowds.

For starter, the movie is 57 minutes long in Japan, but with about 10 minutes worth of reused footages and stills. Lot’s of nuances of the story are lost on the anime only audience because they had not read the manga/novel, they do not understand why characters behave in certain ways because they are not in the setup.

On top of that for oversea edition, the Japanese side insists to add on 30 minutes of TV season one recap, the problem become obvious when the cut up recaps are more exciting and fluid than the movie itself. And a waste of time for people who had seen the TV series. (Making it a 87 minutes full length movie to justify the ticket price?)

Even Mili’s new song does not get good review from most.

The only good reviews all agree on is for the Seiyu’s works. and for Priestess and HEA onsen fan service.

The kinder reviewer opinion is “it could have been better.” The most common opinion is “it is a TV series quality production in OAV time length selling for movie format/ticket price.”

Because of that I will wait for it to get on cable. Compares to some of the recent release like euphonium and girls und panzer are supremely better. Even city hunter and youjo senki movies which get uneven review have some good selling points, this, is a disappointment.
Old 2020-03-08, 04:10   Link #13
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
The movie had been showing in my local theatre. I have not seen it but many reviews are out, and it was universally panned by both the novel/manga and anime only crowds.

For starter, the movie is 57 minutes long in Japan, but with about 10 minutes worth of reused footages and stills. Lot’s of nuances of the story are lost on the anime only audience because they had not read the manga/novel, they do not understand why characters behave in certain ways because they are not in the setup.

On top of that for oversea edition, the Japanese side insists to add on 30 minutes of TV season one recap, the problem become obvious when the cut up recaps are more exciting and fluid than the movie itself. And a waste of time for people who had seen the TV series. (Making it a 87 minutes full length movie to justify the ticket price?)

Even Mili’s new song does not get good review from most.

The only good reviews all agree on is for the Seiyu’s works. and for Priestess and HEA onsen fan service.

The kinder reviewer opinion is “it could have been better.” The most common opinion is “it is a TV series quality production in OAV time length selling for movie format/ticket price.”

Because of that I will wait for it to get on cable. Compares to some of the recent release like euphonium and girls und panzer are supremely better. Even city hunter and youjo senki movies which get uneven review have some good selling points, this, is a disappointment.

Basically a glorified TV ep, with the length of a OAV at the price of a movie ticket. That shit would have gone unnoticed in the 1990s, but not in the 2010s-2020s when you have the staffs behind the GuP and Euphonium movies showing how it should be done with effort and love.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-26, 11:33   Link #14
AP24

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nice, I think this is the first time there is a ever a pic of Guild Girl and Witch naked.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-21, 11:04   Link #15
SidVicious
Anime addict

Crunchyroll Releases Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown Theatrical Anime on July 28

Crunchyroll announced on Tuesday that it will host a digital event for its launch of the Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown theatrical anime episode on July 28. Crunchyroll will be giving away a free digital poster signed by the director Takaharu Ozaki to eligible subscribers who stream the film before August 11.

The anime will be available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Central and South America.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...uly-28/.161985
Old 2020-07-29, 08:49   Link #16
Random14

At least its convenient having this on Crunchyroll along with the rest of the series, just wish it had been a better adaptation. As mentioned, something like 20 minutes of recap? What a waste.

Oh well, it was nice to hear the lines from the novel spoken but its too bad they didn't adapt this into another TV season, would have flowed much better that way (the manga is covering this arc now too).
Old 2020-07-29, 14:08   Link #17
Twi

Hate the recap. Loved the dead goblins.
Old 2020-07-29, 16:15   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was rather boring compared to what came earlier. There were some nice things, like Priestess acting more mature and more reveals about the goblins, but overall, boring.
Old 2020-07-30, 17:28   Link #19
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Don't know why so much hate. It was just another pretty decent arc for the story. With usual cunning from both side and decent actio0n. Not worth to be called a movie but I find it no worse than the series itself.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2020-08-02 at 16:58.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-02, 15:14   Link #20
Dj0rel
True Believer

Way too much time wasted on season 1 recap.