AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2018-07-19, 23:06   Link #61
Applehell

Oh don't mean levels aren't important, but that just grinding isn't as necessary some reviews or people make it. If you did most or all the side content will help avoid that for the most part.

Though my levels are a bit inflated at moment due meeting a Cait getting that huge bonus exp.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 10:12   Link #62
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Oh don't mean levels aren't important, but that just grinding isn't as necessary some reviews or people make it. If you did most or all the side content will help avoid that for the most part.

Though my levels are a bit inflated at moment due meeting a Cait getting that huge bonus exp.
Technically levels are indirectly tied to gear, because the Path Actions are also tied to the character's level. In order to get a better chance at stealing better equipment and such, your level has to be higher.

It's just that everyone is savescumming to bruteforce it
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 10:47   Link #63
Applehell

More early side-dungeons.

In South Bolderfall

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This place was still surprisingly challenging despite my levels. The Boss hit pretty hard too.

Path of the Beasts (Lv 15) in West S'warkii (right at the entrance from Bolderfall).

Images

The last two Hoarfrost Grotto (Flamegrace) and Whistlewood (Altasdam) are more or less on the way to their respected starting towns of the regions. So they are hard to miss.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-07-21 at 11:13.
Old 2018-07-21, 21:38   Link #64
Applehell

Well now...

Images
Old 2018-08-04, 09:43   Link #65
Sides

Just finished the game. Like the makers have said, it does reminded one/me of FF6.
Spoiler:

This game needs a sequel!!!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 23:41   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm sure there is a good enough chance for another game. After Bravely Default's sequel, I don't actually hope for a sequel of the game as much as just another game similar to it.
As in, don't bring back every character and waste them while randomly adding anime puns.
I'm actually kinda surprised how well it sold though. Guess Square Enix's name still has some brand value.

As for me, stuck at the beginning of Chapter 3. A new game came up...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 21:28   Link #67
Applehell

Octopath Traveler reaches 1 million in just a 2 weeks

It took Nier:Automata and P5 two months to reach that number, wow!
Old 2018-08-06, 05:43   Link #68
GDB

People have been starved for a traditional JRPG on the Switch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-06, 07:45   Link #69
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm still at the starting chapters at this point, so far my only complaint is the distinct lack of interactions between the characters.

Also Tressa best girl.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-17, 12:02   Link #70
Applehell

Ugh, freaking hell, I finally beat her after dying like 12 times.

Images
Steorra
Images
Starseer Job

One down, three to go. Gonna finish Ophilia's quest next.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-08-17 at 12:12.
Old 2018-08-18, 13:07   Link #71
Applehell

Finished Ophilia's story.

Images
End Credit pic

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Anyway, I still have more of the game to play and Therion's next. I hope he finishes well too.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-08-18 at 13:24.
Old 2018-08-19, 08:52   Link #72
Keila

The first of the advanced jobs I tried to get was Starseer and (maybe because I was underleveled) it frustrated the hell out of me (would always just 'fall over' right at the end due to incoming damage). Gave up, got the 'Runelord' first and then the remaining 3 have more or less been completely trivial.

'Tressa' (Merchant/Runelord) is pretty much my go-to support combo ever since I unlocked the job. I don't even run 'Cleric' any more, although I do run Olberic as Warrior/Apoth.

I love all the stories, the dialogue, I just wish there was some sort of gallery/cinema so you could replay all of them (and I can't help but wonder if I'm missing out any of the Banter between any given pairs of characters)
Old 2018-09-03, 22:05   Link #73
Applehell

Finished my first 4 main characters. Now I'm take a break to avoid burn out which is just in time for DQXI.
Old 2018-10-22, 15:11   Link #74
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Ugh, freaking hell, I finally beat her after dying like 12 times.

Images
Steorra
Images
Starseer Job

One down, three to go. Gonna finish Ophilia's quest next.
A bit late to the party, and well done, btw. But excuse me just a second.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 05:53   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Really late to the party, but I also have finally finished the game.
Except the post-game final boss. But anyways, the stories of the 8 characters.

Yeah, definitely a fun game.

More thoughts here
https://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/2019/0...-complete.html

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 13:13   Link #76
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So I recruited all 8 characters. I chose H'aanit to start, so naturally, she's my highest level player. I traveled to the first plot area once I reached the recommended level and wanted to go further into her story, but my teammates unfortunately aren't high enough level to help support the overall team, so I might have to grind more and start the stories for other players until everyone's relatively the same level.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 18:40   Link #77
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
So I recruited all 8 characters. I chose H'aanit to start, so naturally, she's my highest level player. I traveled to the first plot area once I reached the recommended level and wanted to go further into her story, but my teammates unfortunately aren't high enough level to help support the overall team, so I might have to grind more and start the stories for other players until everyone's relatively the same level.
With the exception of area of attack (whole party damage) and certain creatures that dispel buffs, are you unable to give H'aanit a secondary job as a Warrior and use her to 'Tank' ? That should allow you to not worry so much about the others.
Old 2019-01-27, 20:03   Link #78
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
With the exception of area of attack (whole party damage) and certain creatures that dispel buffs, are you unable to give H'aanit a secondary job as a Warrior and use her to 'Tank' ? That should allow you to not worry so much about the others.
I've been finding secondary jobs (with Warrior being one of them), so I can do that. But man, the very first monsters I fought after stepping out of Stoneguard were pretty tough. Even my H'aanit was taking some serious damage after a couple of turns. I feel like I've gotten some pretty awesome equipment to use as well. But I don't mind stepping away to fight them another day,
Old 2019-01-27, 21:10   Link #79
Keila

Well, if you're going to take some time to level them up I'd recommend using the Apothecary as your tank (warrior sub class). That way you end up with a tank that can also heal (self and others). The 'tanking' role more or less just needs to draw aggro (incite) and then it doesn't matter what they do on the other turns. That and his skill (talking to people) is useful for gathering information.
Old 2019-01-27, 21:45   Link #80
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Well, if you're going to take some time to level them up I'd recommend using the Apothecary as your tank (warrior sub class). That way you end up with a tank that can also heal (self and others). The 'tanking' role more or less just needs to draw aggro (incite) and then it doesn't matter what they do on the other turns. That and his skill (talking to people) is useful for gathering information.
Yeah, I'ma have to use Alfyn more. His Concoctions seems like a great ability to use. I just need more ingredients.

Tags
multiple protagonists, rpg