Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-21, 22:14   Link #41
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
hmm it seem Magellan is admiral now
You got this from where? If you wished to conjecture that he may have been offered the position, you may want to consider phrasing that differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
we still don't know why law is helping out the SH's right? or if what he's doing is even considered helping...
Not too sure either since no explicit reason has been given, but we can go with the fact that he has shown a mild fondness for Luffy both at the Human Auction incident and at the Marine HQ battle for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I for some reason don't feel like Law is the big bad of the arc...he's not giving off the evil bastard vibes. I'm betting he has a good reason for keeping the kids there.
Well, he may have a benign end goal, but he may also be making what he deems to be a sacrifice on the "morally grey" side to get there. But yup, I agree that he doesn't seem to be very malevolent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
VA? Magellan is far stronger then any VA (except Garp)shown so far. With 2 vacant Admiral Seats, he probably took one of them.
The office of the Marine Admiral has been demonstrated to hold not just rank or symbolism for power, but also some amount of political weight as well. I don't think that Magellan qualifies, but there's no guarantee that his experience working closely with high profile criminals and more importantly his (assumed) knowledge of the escaped New World Impel Down convicts wouldn't merit him the seat as well.

Fair game either way, good point.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:15   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post

awesome chapter, awesome arc
Extremely hot, but I do have to say that panel looks more like Hancock than Robin.
Old 2012-03-21, 22:36   Link #43
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I personally won't be surprise if we find more Supernovas ends up as Shikibukai.
11 supernovas = 7 shikibukai + 4 Yonko... ?
Old 2012-03-21, 23:00   Link #44
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
This would be my perfect mind/body switch!

Body - Mind
Luffy - Chopper
Zoro - Usopp
Nami - Sanji
Usopp - Robin
Sanji - Franky
Chopper - Zoro
Robin - Luffy
Franky - Brook
Brook - Nami
I'll see your version of the strawhat mind/body switch and raise you mine:

Body - Mind
Luffy - Franky
Zoro - Brook
Nami - Luffy
Usopp - Zoro
Sanji - Chopper
Chopper - Nami
Robin - Sanji
Franky - Usopp
Brook - Robin
Old 2012-03-21, 23:31   Link #45
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Extremely hot, but I do have to say that panel looks more like Hancock than Robin.
I think the artists have given Robin and Nami's face a softer/rounder appearance since arriving in the New World. Each of them look more like their pre-skip selves. (though in Robin's case a lot has to do with her hair down)
Old 2012-03-22, 00:30   Link #46
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
My guess on the next chapter is that Tashigi will show off some of her new moves (probably be a clutz at it too), but ultimately Law will easily defeat her.... for Smoker to then step in~
Old 2012-03-22, 02:38   Link #47
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Nami's body: Diable Jambe
Sanji's body: Monster Point
Franky's body: Thunder Tempo
Chopper's body: Strong Right

or...

Sanji: Thunder Tempo
Chopper: Anti-Manner Kick Course
Nami: Radical Beam
Franky: Arm Point
Old 2012-03-22, 03:05   Link #48
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
My guess on the next chapter is that Tashigi will show off some of her new moves (probably be a clutz at it too), but ultimately Law will easily defeat her.... for Smoker to then step in~
She's already been effectively beaten; Law cut her in half with his ability

Also what's interesting to note is smoker's line that her level of Haki can not handle it... namely it sounds to me like confirmation that haki would make someone capable of resist law's abilities.
Old 2012-03-22, 03:59   Link #49
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

Yeah, it seems you would need a decent level of Busoshoku Haki to withstand his attacks. Law's f*cking badass now, I wanna see Luffy vs. Law :]

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Old 2012-03-22, 08:55   Link #50
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
She's already been effectively beaten; Law cut her in half with his ability

So? The Wano samurai was split in 3 pieces yet look how much of a fight his torso alone put up against Brooke. But then again, Tashigi probably probably isn't strong or skilled enough to fight with her body split apart, but at least it was already proven that it isn't impossible.

BTW, as crazy as it may sound, I could sort of see Brownbeard and the centaurs becoming potential allies of the Straw-Hats at some point. I mean, the target of their revenge was the samurai in the first place, so they should be able to clear up all misunderstandings soon enough with Luffy and co. (after their clothes are stolen, that is ). In fact, the centaurs are probably also all former pirates who had their hearts stolen by Law, for all we know.....

Also, I see quite a few people voicing their surprise at how it was implied that people with strong enough haki can apparently withstand Law's ability. Thing is, it's not like we were told that haki was exclusively effective against logia users in the first place. Quite the opposite, actually: If a haki-infused punch can harm Luffy, then it should definitely be capable of withstanding Law's modifying powers.....
Old 2012-03-22, 09:15   Link #51
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
BTW, as crazy as it may sound, I could sort of see Brownbeard and the centaurs becoming potential allies of the Straw-Hats at some point.
Don't know about the future, but right now they seem like a nice supply of fur

Crazy chapter as usual, Law gaining more badass points, Smoker keeping it cool, a promising Tashigi battle in the next chapter and...body swap. Although I'm usually a fan, I'm not as hyped to see it in One Piece, feels kind of forced, unlike the usual comedy, but we'll see how it goes~
Old 2012-03-22, 14:15   Link #52
Jouten

Oh my god that chapter was awesome. First the title page Hannybal is the friggin Ward of ID, so that means WHERE IS MAGELLAN? Holy shit, my guess is that he is the ward of a new prison in the New World

I totally forgot that I totally was looking forward for the fight Smoker vs Law, halfway through the chapter. Law got really REALLY powerful, his DF has improved a lot. Also it seems you can withstand his power with Haki (if I got that right). Didn't expect Tashigi to jump into the fight before Smoker (though I wished that Tashigi and Law would fight, because she wants his sword.)
Also I didn't expect Tashigi to have Haki yet, because she is only Captain (I don't think any captain ever introduced in OP has Haki), but it makes sense, because if Smoker trained Haki, Tashigi naturally tries to adapt that skill, too.
Also it seems that Smoker not only just knows the basics of Haki, but knows it on an advanced level (at least compared to Tashigi)

And I'm slowly getting the feeling that Robin is going to replace Sanji in the Monster Trio. (Though in my opinion Robin has always been stronger than Sanji).
I really hope Robin will be involved in more fights from now on and not just handle the fodder.

But if Law can switch the mind with the body of a person, does that mean, he can put Smoker into another body?
Old 2012-03-22, 18:36   Link #53
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The Sanji in Namis body jokes are going to be so hilarious.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:39   Link #54
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I see quite a few people voicing their surprise at how it was implied that people with strong enough haki can apparently withstand Law's ability. Thing is, it's not like we were told that haki was exclusively effective against logia users in the first place. Quite the opposite, actually: If a haki-infused punch can harm Luffy, then it should definitely be capable of withstanding Law's modifying powers.....
busoshoku haki allows you to create an armor that's supposedly strong enough to withstand direct attacks. so perhaps if the armor is strong enough, law's ope ope no mi could not penetrate through it, just like having busoshoku haki could offer protection from logia users' direct attacks.

it would be interesting to see if luffy's busoshoku haki could withstand law's attacks.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:34   Link #55
golgo13

Great chapter. When will Master make his appearance!

Looks like brownbeard hasn't done much, low bounty. Where are the tops of the animals? Was brownbeard always a centaur and not the handy work of Law???

Kind of disappointed at the G-5 marines, all they want to do is run. Ofcourse it's Law with ridiculous power (scan?? that was awesome), but I was hoping to see at least one DF user or powerful guy among them besides Smoker and Tashigi.

Still confused with CC, Law and Master. It looks like the centaurs are part of CC, but how is Master connected? CC and Master knew about the Strawhats and yet Law didn't know about them being on the island..

Anyone else think that the frozen prisoners are gonna thaw out?
Old 2012-03-23, 11:01   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
yet Law didn't know about them being on the island..
Where was it shown that Law doesn't know about them being on the Island?

And who is CC?
Old 2012-03-23, 11:26   Link #57
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Where was it shown that Law doesn't know about them being on the Island?

And who is CC?
Law was surprised when the Nami/Sanji/Chopper/Franky crew came busting out.

CC is found on the denden mushi of the "harpy" Usopp spotted (c658/p13) and another denden mushi he found on the centaurs that fought Luffy/Robin (c658/p17).

Oh ya I really like how Luffy's generation is called the "Worst Generation"
Old 2012-03-23, 11:28   Link #58
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Law was surprised when the Nami/Sanji/Chopper/Franky crew came busting out.
...I'm not sure that is conclusive. I didn't see him being surprised at all.

He also said 'I shouldn't have said they weren't on the island'.. which implies that he knew they were here.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:29   Link #59
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
He also said 'I shouldn't have said they weren't on the island'.. which implies that he knew they were here.
He said that because now it looks like he's lying.
Old 2012-03-23, 13:14   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sanji is now in Nami's body. That is all I need to know.
Closed Thread