Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-22, 14:15   Link #1581
Newhope

This series needs more Female Magician.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 14:22   Link #1582
Gravitas Free Zone

Head Maid's getting along rather well for someone in her current condition.

Spoiler for Inevitable reference in three... two... one...:

I felt the squishing-together of many pages of text into 20 minutes rather more than usual this episode.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 14:47   Link #1583
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

this is a good series. I wonder why I have neglected to watch it until now?
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 15:21   Link #1584
ookamigirl

This more and more looks like a crossover between Wolf & Spice and a strategy game.
When I first started watching this I was expecting fights and romance.
What I mostly got were economic strategies and trading tips.
So far the only thing that peaked my interest were the occasional demon spells, portals and bits & pieces of the war.
Looks like the remaining two episodes have more potential.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 16:51   Link #1585
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Head Maid's getting along rather well for someone in her current condition.

Spoiler for Inevitable reference in three... two... one...:

I felt the squishing-together of many pages of text into 20 minutes rather more than usual this episode.
Spoiler for response:
Old 2013-03-22, 17:09   Link #1586
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2013-03-22, 17:24   Link #1587
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So we are going to get our climatic battle between the hero and the demon king after all, eh.
Old 2013-03-22, 17:34   Link #1588
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So we are going to get our climatic battle between the hero and the demon king after all, eh.
Perhaps, but you can't rule out the possibility that the ending was a red herring - that the Hero and Demon Queen won't even appear in the next episode, and that every second from beginning to end will instead focus on a debate over wheat prices.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 19:59   Link #1589
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Finally we get to see more of the magician and the Yuusha actually using his fighting abilities. Like how Maou's students are getting more screen time.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:31   Link #1590
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
This series needs more Female Magician.
Well there is always hope that we will get the Witch girl's side story novel/manga that showed what she was up to while hero was with Maou and looking for her.

*mutters under breath why is the group doing it so slow*
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 22:34   Link #1591
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Verse 11: I just Destroy and Kill, without Creating Anything

My eyes were absorbed with Maou's rampage, that practically it would be difficult for me to post about anything else that happened in this episode.

Slowly but steadily all the surprises featured in the OP are fulfilling. Now, I get to see some Evil Maou in action; the poor Head Maid lost her right arm.

Then, there's Yuusha who true to his name, and upon taking heed from the erratic personality, Mage, set forth at full speed towards the Demon Realm and then to the Maou Castle.

Next week we'll get some serious smackdown, albeit briefly, between Yuusha v.s. Evil Maou; she's the GARRR when possessed.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 22:54   Link #1592
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Now people finally get to know how strong Hero really is by watching him flying freely DBZ-style and how he just nuked the dimensional gate (and the large area surrounding it ) without breaking a sweat. Imagine he does that to a whole army then nothing will remain outta them but ashes .

My only complain for this episode is the scene where Maou "turns bad" really lack intensity. Plus, the music accompanying it sounds funny I almost laughing . The music should be really ominous and depressing, not like this.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:58   Link #1593
AzureWrath

Having re-watched Spice and Wolf recently, I can say that Maouyuu and Spice share one thing directly in common. That is.....the worst transitions in anime history.

The animators or storyboarders for both shows seem to have neglected (or plain thrown out) an element of storytelling: the transition. Scenes cut back and forth with little (music chime at best) or no linking.

Let me just say that this isn't just episode 11 of Maoyuu that I'm talking about. Just about all the episodes have jarringly bad transitions. Whether it is going from two people talking to another two people talking or disconnects between battle scenes, the lack of transitions is more than bothering me.
Old 2013-03-23, 01:39   Link #1594
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
Having re-watched Spice and Wolf recently, I can say that Maouyuu and Spice share one thing directly in common. That is.....the worst transitions in anime history.

The animators or storyboarders for both shows seem to have neglected (or plain thrown out) an element of storytelling: the transition. Scenes cut back and forth with little (music chime at best) or no linking.

Let me just say that this isn't just episode 11 of Maoyuu that I'm talking about. Just about all the episodes have jarringly bad transitions. Whether it is going from two people talking to another two people talking or disconnects between battle scenes, the lack of transitions is more than bothering me.
Yeah, that’s something that ever-present in this anime series to the point that I have to ignore it to enjoy the show .
Old 2013-03-23, 04:42   Link #1595
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

I don't know that crossbow can shoot bow's arrow instead bolt and can shoot parabol like bow, lolz. I read many medieval books, that crossbow shoot straight mostly because bolt can't flight parabol.
Old 2013-03-23, 04:48   Link #1596
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Everything - even modern firearms - shoots in a parabolic arc. It's depends on gravity, not the type of weapon.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 04:52   Link #1597
SQA

Eh, those ended up more like medium bow shots, so let's not get hung up on those details. Oh, and *all* shots are parabola. The issue is that longbows can use a high arc to land, while Crossbows lose too much energy in flight.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 05:25   Link #1598
Newhope

Crossbows can fire parabola however like mentioned above they lose almost all of there penetrative power and it's nowhere near as accurate.

Only thing I didn't like about the episode is they missed out the part of the Hero and female Magician conversation where she basically tells him who she is.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 06:10   Link #1599
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well there is always hope that we will get the Witch girl's side story novel/manga that showed what she was up to while hero was with Maou and looking for her.

*mutters under breath why is the group doing it so slow*
Two chapters have been out already.
Old 2013-03-23, 07:30   Link #1600
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.11

so um merchant & dragon lady plan to expand biz trade to both human & demons while winter land area plan in stop one-eyed crazy person army.

& yet bigger prob cause red queen has been taken over by evil spirits which from chopping removal of head maid’s arm & now blue hero arrive to face evil red queen?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem