AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-04, 11:33   Link #61
maknaedik

So fans of Gundam are disappointed with SD shows then? If yes, I understand it now then; some fans just want the Gundam franchise to only have serious ones.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 11:37   Link #62
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
some fans just want the Gundam franchise to only have serious ones.
Considering the alleged dislike over ZZ's early episodes that I've read about, I think that's a fair assessment.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 12:47   Link #63
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Well ZZ's case is different, it was part of the main series as well as sequel to very dark Zeta Gundam.

I don't mind this. I am a sucker for animes like Yugioh and Card Fighter Vanguard. I should enjoy this and it would be nice to see different Gundams in one show. If Origin wasn't coming out, I would be angry.
Old 2013-07-04, 16:30   Link #64
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Monster just explained it surprisingly....

Amazing! I hate Gundam G as well!!!
He ninja'd me lol, I posted then found his right above mine XD

I wouldn't say I hate G...I have not even watched it yet lol so Im not qualified to make an overall judgement, though I would say that the best way to watch it is just to approach it with a different mindset. I have seen some scenes and found them to be epically over the top and hilarious to watch

But Im not a huge fan of the designs other than the Shining, God, Master and Nobel.....the rest look so crappy.........
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 16:40   Link #65
ZODDGUTS

More kids targeted flair. Guess Bandai is trying again after the failure that AGE was in bringing a new younger audience. Can't be worse than how AGE turned out. But then again the writer of 00 doesn't give me much confidence, wasn't a big fan of 00 series especially S2 and more so the movie.... Anyways just hope this is fun to watch at least.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 17:27   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
But Im not a huge fan of the designs other than the Shining, God, Master and Nobel.....the rest look so crappy.........
...ridiculous would be the appropriate word..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 19:47   Link #67
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You don't think a Gundam model kit series about popular Gundam kits fighting popular Gundam kits isn't a cop out? Interesting...

As I have pointed pointed out earlier, BF is being made for TV-Tokyo as a follow up to Gundam SD, not AGE!

Also it would only be a cope out if immediately after Age they forced a 3rd season of SEED into production or rush G-Reco or The Origin into production. Given Bandai's recourses that would have been a very easy thing to do.. save road, easy money! But they didn't do that, In fact they haven't done anything noteworthy as far as the main series is concerned.

They are calmly proceeding with the original planing for the next projects for CBS, despite AGE's performance. And it makes sense. Sure, Age might be the biggest Gundam flop ever, but it's not like this is their first failure.. Everything between ZZ and SEED was a kind of a flop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I don't mind this. I am a sucker for animes like Yugioh and Card Fighter Vanguard. I should enjoy this and it would be nice to see different Gundams in one show. If Origin wasn't coming out, I would be angry.
Do you think BF will a chance against those big shows? I don't watch them so I don't really know, but I have my doubts.. The formula that's being presented here is is as simple as it is unoriginal.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2013-07-04 at 19:57.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 21:11   Link #68
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
As I have pointed pointed out earlier, BF is being made for TV-Tokyo as a follow up to Gundam SD, not AGE!
Thanks for pointing that out!! Is the title of this thread misleading then?? I mean, no one would call SD the newest gundam series? The title makes ppl think BF as the newest series from Age...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 21:30   Link #69
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

Welp, another Gundam show I won't watch for obvious reasons.

Seriously...
DeathAngelBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 21:42   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Is the title of this thread misleading then?? I mean, no one would call SD the newest gundam series? The title makes ppl think BF as the newest series from Age...
Actually, I only named this thread “Gundam Build Fighters”, but then Monir included the “The Newest Gundam TV Series” from the article from ANN/Gundam-Guy website that I used as an opening post. Take that as you will.
Old 2013-07-04, 21:49   Link #71
justavisitor

Actually, just check it on english wiki and japanese wiki. On both sites, they put build fighter in the same category as Age. They have another category for SD

For example, in japanese wiki, here is how they list the TV series:
機動戦士ガンダム - Z - ZZ - V - G - W - X - ∀ - SEED - DESTINY - 00 - AGE - ガンダムビルドファイターズ (The last one is build fighter)

So, guess this is indeed the newest gundam TV series since Age...even tho they put it on different tv station
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 21:57   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Well then the thread’s title isn’t misleading after all .
Old 2013-07-04, 23:37   Link #73
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito kid
First off this is NOT SD Gundam, the preview doesn't come off that way at all...Those kids were serious af about hopping in the duel arena xD...

And honestly some of the matchups are gonna be cool...I mean seeing a Turn A mech in today's animation has me turnt up, but as the next prominent series to come out after AGE it is a followup to AGE regardless of it's intention since it's the next Gundam Work...

But if I were to go that deep (which I didn't want to really), it appears to be a calculated progression using a different technique to engage younger and older audiences which AGE couldn't achieve...
You go from a show that was supposed to be serious but with kiddy animation, to a show that's devoid of a realworld "seriousness", with more current animation...

Add pure Gundam kit battles and what's easier than that (creatively)?

I mean some exec said lets let some kids control their Gundam toys to sell more Gundam toys...that's easy money...
Old 2013-07-04, 23:44   Link #74
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathAngelBR View Post
Welp, another Gundam show I won't watch for obvious reasons.

Seriously...
I second....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 01:04   Link #75
galdr

If this end up being failure like AGE, I hope Bandai/Sunrise give up on the kid audience.
We just get AGE, and now we get another kid show?
Unicorn only released once per year and we only get small info about Origin.

Model kit battles are fun but the character looks pretty bland.
If they have over the top character/story like in Yu-Gi-Oh! maybe I'll be interested but for now I probably skip all non-battle scenes if I watch this.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 01:48   Link #76
monster

From what I gathered in their announcement, it seems Build Fighters is supposed to be targeting Gundam fans of all ages. It's not just kids, but they also mentioned older fans who knew about these mobile suits and might want to see them in new battles, as well as something about the female fans. Then there's the thing about Gundam fans consisting of parents and their children.

Is that the same target audience for AGE? What about for 00 and SEED/Destiny?
Old 2013-07-05, 02:42   Link #77
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
And honestly some of the matchups are gonna be cool...I mean seeing a Turn A mech in today's animation has me turnt up, but as the next prominent series to come out after AGE it is a followup to AGE regardless of it's intention since it's the next Gundam .
Follow-up? You will include this in the line-up? So OO->Age->BF->the next one? Are you okay? Maybe in a sense of commercializing gunpla, but as a series. It's obviously not. But if it's to you and your pessimistic view of the franchise tells you so, then who am I to stop you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
From what I gathered in their announcement, it seems Build Fighters is supposed to be targeting Gundam fans of all ages. It's not just kids, but they also mentioned older fans who knew about these mobile suits and might want to see them in new battles, as well as something about the female fans. Then there's the thing about Gundam fans consisting of parents and their children.

Apparently, for some gunpla kitbashing, building and stuff are for kids

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 02:51   Link #78
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

They can say all they want but the fact that this series will lack seriousness or any serious plot takes away already one component of a Gundam series, so the only selling point of the series is the different Gundam's from different series in one, and if they don't deliver on that aspect than the show already fails, that's the problem.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 02:55   Link #79
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I hope they include some 00 designs, and AGE as well. That's what is most exciting to me at this point. Seeing Gundams and MS from various shows all super kitbashed.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 03:08   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Apparently, for some gunpla kitbashing, building and stuff are for kids
It could be. Some toys require construction from adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
They can say all they want but the fact that this series will lack seriousness or any serious plot takes away already one component of a Gundam series, so the only selling point of the series is the different Gundam's from different series in one, and if they don't deliver on that aspect than the show already fails, that's the problem.
Sure, but at the very least, they're hoping that there is still something for the existing older fans to enjoy.

Tags
shounen